Photo
- - - - -

*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

• Please log in to reply
1517 replies to this topic

#1321 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Holy ****. That Tritton headset is $300. I guess I won't be using that coupon. LOL.

#1322 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

2 sets of coupons or 1 was false? I'm confused. haha

#1323 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Blarf again... they had a string of awesome coupons and now basically nothing good for two months. No good PC stuff again and no 3DS stuff either...meh.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#1324 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

Sweet, I'll price adjust the PS3 MW3 Hardened Edition I just picked up on clearance for $49.99 down to $29.99.

Is it worth using the $20 off ME3 on a collector's edition (PS3, since X360 seems to be impossible to find) to get it for $29.99, given the trilogy coming out? I'd probably hold it for resale in the future, although from the looks of it they printed far more than with ME1 and ME2...

And anyone have any suggestions for the $10 off $29.99 and up used game coupon I still have in this month's mag? Not to mention suggestions for the GCU welcome packet coupons I still have (B2G1 new games $39.99 or less, B2G1 used games, half off any guide)?

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1325 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

worst month yet IMHO

#1326 Rouzhokuu

Rouzhokuu

Bio-Shocked!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

Bleh.

What a waste of two months.
"Don't be a slowpoke, Mister Bubbles. Angels don't wait for slowpokes."
Take a look at my trade-list, eh?

#1327 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Bad month for us, but sadly it will probably be a highly used month for non CAG's with all the COD stuff. Now is the time that soccer moms start buying copies of COD 3 thinking that's what their kids want for Christmas (rather than COD MW3). This is also the time of year I start to feel really bad for the retail people every time I go into a store and have to hear them talking to idiot customers.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1328 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

I honestly still don't see what the big fascination with having a BB rep on CAG is. Allowing an official rep from a store chain has never had a good end result for those of us CAG's who want consistently cheap deals in the manner we're used to seeing. In some cases, the CAG community at large has bullied the reps to leave(see: GS rep who got bombarded with the usual GS complaints en masse).

Yoiu gotta remember I don't want a "i'm the BB rep here's some stuff" I want deals for CAG's specifically. If they email us a deal that's only valid for members who are unlocked that'll negate some of the problems. You'd need to already be unlocked so there's a good portion of stubbord people who won't pay the $15 before hand no matter what.

Please gaming gods grant us a $30 Sleeping Dogs Sale!

Wasn't this a 2 for $60 game?

#1329 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

2 batches of coupons this month! Here are the coupons for the Oct. issue:

$10 off Dead Island GOTY
$15 off Sleeping Dogs
$10 off Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
$10 off Angry Birds Trilogy (all systems)
$20 off F1 (doesn't say what year, assuming the new one)
$30 off Triton Warhead headset
$20 off Razer Naga Mouse
$10 off 1 preowned game $29.99 and up.

:-#Bleh. I had Dead Island and that's a glitchy/freezing pos mess on co-op multiplayer(decent on single player though). I had Sleeping Dogs as part of the PM'd 2/$60 from TRU and dumped that already for a basically free rental. The rest of the coupons are meh to me as well, since I don't see me buying another game till GTA V at this point.:razz:

Thanks for the heads up on these other coupons though, lox.

Yoiu gotta remember I don't want a "i'm the BB rep here's some stuff" I want deals for CAG's specifically. If they email us a deal that's only valid for members who are unlocked that'll negate some of the problems. You'd need to already be unlocked so there's a good portion of stubbord people who won't pay the $15 before hand no matter what.

Going by these meh coupons that have been reported I may just let my GCU lapse, since the extra 10% really is never that much anymore when I do trade-ins. Only if I can print up this freebie $5 RZ certificate they sent me will I seriously consider it now. I'm kinda shocked I didn't get the $5 offer for another RZ certificate for renewing actually, since apparently the company still views my one account as two and I figured they'd market the bonus certificate to one or the other of my accounts that I thought they merged.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1330 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

Are PSN plus cards taxed at Best Buy?

It depends on your state's laws. I know NJ does tax digital goods. Fortunately for me, CA does not.

http://en.wikipedia....f_Digital_Goods

#1331 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

What was that GameStop reps name? Man that guy took a trashing here.

#1332 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

So do unlocked people get the "special" CoD issue this month as well, or do you have to like buy it separate? Do both come at the same time?

Either way, these aren't very good deals for people like us, I mean who here doesn't already have all the CoD games they want, or even in general, if people wanted them they wouldn't be waiting for a sale like this, right? Especially with the new one around the corner?

If getting an official rep here helps us get better deals, get it done. But they must know when the deals they are offering aren't that great, right? They don't need us to tell them that. If it was a free club sort of thing it wouldn't be so bad, but you gotta pay for it. Gotta give people good deals for their money, and having a couple of blah months back to back don't look so good, especially to people whose subscriptions are expiring.

I think BBY has been killing it lately, but I hope thry aren't asleep at the wheel now.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#1333 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

The Gamer's Club WAS a free add-on to your Reward Zone account at one point though and it even included free printable coupons for various games. Just Google Reward Zone Gamer's Club and Fairytale Fights or Sudoku Ball Detective for the disastrous results that had though. ;)

Let's jut say, free games after coupon were the norm back then for a while.:D

What was that GameStop reps name? Man that guy took a trashing here.

I don't remember. But I know that poor bastard got all of the CAG hate on disc only games, used game prices being only $5 less than new and every other topic that we GS haters usually rag on the chain for.:lol: Suffice to say, I think a GoHastings rep lasted just as long here due to all of the people complaining about the shipping and other issues we've seen mentioned from them.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1334 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

So do unlocked people get the "special" CoD issue this month as well, or do you have to like buy it separate? Do both come at the same time?

Either way, these aren't very good deals for people like us, I mean who here doesn't already have all the CoD games they want, or even in general, if people wanted them they wouldn't be waiting for a sale like this, right? Especially with the new one around the corner?

If getting an official rep here helps us get better deals, get it done. But they must know when the deals they are offering aren't that great, right? They don't need us to tell them that. If it was a free club sort of thing it wouldn't be so bad, but you gotta pay for it. Gotta give people good deals for their money, and having a couple of blah months back to back don't look so good, especially to people whose subscriptions are expiring.

I think BBY has been killing it lately, but I hope thry aren't asleep at the wheel now.

not every month can be a winner. everyone needs to relax about BB dropping the ball.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1335 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

Please gaming gods grant us a $30 Sleeping Dogs Sale!

That would be nice, I could go for Sleeping Dogs for $15. Probably won't happen, but worth dreaming about.

I'd also pick up the Angry Birds trilogy if it hit $20 (so $10 after coupon).

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1336 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

not every month can be a winner. everyone needs to relax about BB dropping the ball.

My wallet is cheering. Fine by me as well since BF/CM will be just around the corner after these new coupons expire.

#1337 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

I should have waited on kingdom hearts 3DS , game is gonna keep going down faster

Oh well

#1338 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

hoping sleeping dogss go on sale, so the coupon can stack

#1339 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

YES A SLEEPING DOGS COUPON !!!!!!!! will both sets of coupons come in the same mag ? If not are we getting both mags in the mail or do you have to buy the cod one ? If you have to buy it im skipping it (unless a kick ass cod sale happens)
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1340 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

I should have waited on kingdom hearts 3DS , game is gonna keep going down faster

Oh well

I've been waiting on this... I've wanted this game since day 1 but refuse to pay full price for a game since finding this site. Finally, I can pick this one up.

hoping sleeping dogss go on sale, so the coupon can stack

If we get a $15 Sleeping dogs I'll be over joyed. I loved it when i rented it and wouldn't mind having a copy around.

My wallet is cheering. Fine by me as well since BF/CM will be just around the corner after these new coupons expire.

This is my concern. Will I regret picking these up when they hit rock bottom on BF? Hopefully, I can get them cheap enough that any future price difference will be marginal.

#1341 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

I hope I bought Dead Island GOTY less than a month ago. I'd love to get a price adjustment using the $10 off coupon!

#1342 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

You guys should just do the 2 for 40 on Kingdom Hearts 3DS right now at Toys R Us. You can trade the extra copy into Best Buy for $30.

#1343 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

I've been waiting on this... I've wanted this game since day 1 but refuse to pay full price for a game since finding this site. Finally, I can pick this one up.

If we get a $15 Sleeping dogs I'll be over joyed. I loved it when i rented it and wouldn't mind having a copy around.

This is my concern. Will I regret picking these up when they hit rock bottom on BF? Hopefully, I can get them cheap enough that any future price difference will be marginal.

i would even purchase it if $25, just to support the developers in some way, lol

#1344 Gscept

Gscept

Gamer Afficionado!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

CoD blows. This coupons are worthless unless you consider the hdpvr 2 for 145 but I'm sticking to hdpvr 1 cause it has no copyright protection

To all my Sig. Haters!!!
Xbox.360GSCEPTER.png

***Plus 1100+ on PS3 BF3

300+PC

#1345 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

Why can't every month be a winner? Do you think it is out of line for someone to expect that?

Hey, maybe it is. Maybe gaming covers such a wide variety of genres and systems it would be impossible to please everyone, but I think they could do better. More coupons that work for all titles. Coupons like buy one get one half off type stuff. A five buck voucher for any preorder. Coupons off more digital content.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that they make every month an objectively good month compared to months they have had before. If it was a free service, there would maybe be less reasoning to say anything, but it isn't. It isn't going to affect my shopping at BBY, and how they want to handle people facing the choice of renewal for their service is none of my concern, but I am of course entitled to my 2 cents on the matter. Maybe someone from BBY is reading this thread, after all.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#1346 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

You guys should just do the 2 for 40 on Kingdom Hearts 3DS right now at Toys R Us. You can trade the extra copy into Best Buy for $30.

My oldest wants this game for Xmas and that's a good idea. I think I will partake. Thanks! I'll put the $30 credit, combined with $20 RZ certificate into $50 amazon credit.

Hmm. No sign of KH:DDD at toysrus.com. Hopefully it's in store.

#1347 Mottozero

Mottozero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

My xbox live runs out on the first and 15 off is better than full price.

#1348 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

My oldest wants this game for Xmas and that's a good idea. I think I will partake. Thanks! I'll put the $30 credit, combined with $20 RZ certificate into $50 amazon credit.

Hmm. No sign of KH:DDD at toysrus.com. Hopefully it's in store.

Yeah you should be able to find it in store, hopefully. I believe the day lasts through the week. I picked up mine on sunday and it worked easy enough.

#1349 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

Why can't every month be a winner? Do you think it is out of line for someone to expect that?

Hey, maybe it is. Maybe gaming covers such a wide variety of genres and systems it would be impossible to please everyone, but I think they could do better. More coupons that work for all titles. Coupons like buy one get one half off type stuff. A five buck voucher for any preorder. Coupons off more digital content.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that they make every month an objectively good month compared to months they have had before. If it was a free service, there would maybe be less reasoning to say anything, but it isn't. It isn't going to affect my shopping at BBY, and how they want to handle people facing the choice of renewal for their service is none of my concern, but I am of course entitled to my 2 cents on the matter. Maybe someone from BBY is reading this thread, after all.

Yes it is unreasonable. You know why? Cause everyone is different. What appealed to you last month might not appeal to someone who is psyched about this month.

You expect to be a focus group of one. That's not possible. Also CAG isn't the entire game buying universe.

#1350 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

I've never played a Call of Duty game, but it can't hurt to try.
Is there a certain one I should play first before jumping into these two?

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause: