*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

• Please log in to reply
1517 replies to this topic

#121 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

As for the comment about ME3 getting a repackage - it's possible, but considering ME2 never got a release with all the DLC (not counting the delayed PS3 version) I'd be surprised if EA didn't simply keep milking the game's DLC with the same edition, or going to platinum hits (where it would be $20 anyway).

#122 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

Bummer for me. Only in for Lollipop if it hits $20 or less after coupon.

Question: Can I buy Lollipop w/coupon and still get refunded the difference if it goes on sale during the return/price match period?

it is ymmv, ppl have been rejected before trying to price match after using the coupon, so just keep that in mind.

#123 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

I think this is going to have a price drop soon. I think 10 would be a better deal than 20.

No need to think that. $10 is always a better deal than $20. ;)

#124 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

I dont think i can resist BF3 for 15$. Wonder if it will work on that new DLC bundle one thats coming out too though
Posted ImagePosted Image

#125 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

prototype 2 flopped badly, i saw so many copies of that game at my local bestbuy stores. it is sad. i see the same fate with darksiders 2, saw ample amount of copies at my bestbuy stores, so you never know.

#126 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

prototype 2 flopped badly, i saw so many copies of that game at my local bestbuy stores. it is sad. i see the same fate with darksiders 2, saw ample amount of copies at my bestbuy stores, so you never know.

According to VGChartz it sold 950k across all platforms, which isn't really a bomb - it was #1 during the month of release (though it was said to a be bad month for everyone). I guess that's little comfort to Radical Entertainment now that they're gone, though. But to be honest, I'm surprised that Prototype 2 or Darksiders 2 or Darkness II were all even made.

#127 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

According to VGChartz it sold 950k across all platforms, which isn't really a bomb - it was #1 during the month of release (though it was said to a be bad month for everyone). I guess that's little comfort to Radical Entertainment now that they're gone, though. But to be honest, I'm surprised that Prototype 2 or Darksiders 2 or Darkness II were all even made.

Thats a major flop for big title from a big studio on all 3 platforms.

#128 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

i am actually more surprised prototype 2 has not being on sale through bestbuy deal of the day. i heard about the dev company being gone. i guess there would be no prototype 3, LOL

#129 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

ME 3 is a steal at 20. My favorite game ever. Might get BF. I've had it before and never got into it. Maybe this time I can get into it.

Really? Ending and all? I love the series, I've even read the books and comics, but the lack of effort in ME3's ending really disappointed me.

it is ymmv, ppl have been rejected before trying to price match after using the coupon, so just keep that in mind.

Thanks for the info. Will wait to see if it goes on sale, then. Don't think I'd buy Lollipop Chainsaw for $40.

#130 rawool

rawool

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

Because I would give almost any game a shot for $10. Especially one with zombies and hot cheerleaders.

^That and because I've been a fan of Suda's games since Killer7. While they almost always have some gameplay issues, I tend to find the overall experience enjoyable and at least it's something different. For $10-$20 of my money, I figure it's worth it.

Fair enough. Thanks fellas.

#131 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

According to VGChartz

VGChartz is a bullshit site full of made up figures.

#132 dominator

dominator

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

Damn, I already have almost everything, but maybe I'll pick up a second copy of ME3. Might pick up Lollipop Chainsaw if it's the right price.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#133 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

hopefully Lollipop Chainsaw will go on sale during this, I'd pick it up for <$20

#134 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

I'll be in for Lollipop Chainsaw and Prototype 2 if they go on sale. So happy the new mags are rolling out, I was having gamer coupon withdrawals :bouncy:

I dont think i can resist BF3 for 15$. Wonder if it will work on that new DLC bundle one thats coming out too though

That would be insane if it did, but the newer one will probably have a different SKU so it wont work.

#135 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

Can't wait for Prototype 2 and Lollipop Chainsaw!!!

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#136 nccows

nccows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

Prototype 2 for $20 gets me VERY excited. I've been hankering for a new Infamous style game, and it looks like this will scratch that itch.

#137 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

lollipop chainsaw is a fairly entertaining ride. but once you beat it and play it again, you realize just how boring it actually is. if it gets cheap, give it a go and then trade it in. you wont likely want to play it again.

#138 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

I'll bite on a $20 prototype 2 CE
Posted Image

#139 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:33 AM

Eh Prototype 2 felt like a $10 game to me when I rented it from GameFly during a trial. Dumb, meaningless story with repeated mission design. And to all of you who would love to get it for $20, you can pick it up used at goHastings for like $17/18 shipped right now

Wonder if BF3 coupon will apply to PC version as well. If that's the case, $15 is my price point.

#140 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:01 AM

Eh Prototype 2 felt like a $10 game to me when I rented it from GameFly during a trial. Dumb, meaningless story with repeated mission design. And to all of you who would love to get it for $20, you can pick it up used at goHastings for like $17/18 shipped right now

Wonder if BF3 coupon will apply to PC version as well. If that's the case, $15 is my price point.

. yah you can get it for like $17-$18 shipped used or if you wait til September you can get it new for $20. I think people would rather have a new copy a few bucks more. And you may even get it cheaper if it goes on sale next month.

I'm down for Prototype and Lollipop if Lollipo goes on sale. I'll probably just buy Prototype 2 for $20.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#141 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

I would love another copy of bf3 on 360. I traded mine in a while back and regretted it.

Looks like it's PS3 only though.

And Mass Effect 3 is a good buy at 20$. I bought it at 60 and it was worth it. Great game despite a lackluster ending and the multiplayer is fun and gets addictive.

#142 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:49 AM

Just got a pair of the Tritton Primers yesterday. I'd recommend them. Slight hiss but you don't hear it when you're playing a game.

#143 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

This part makes P2 worth 20 bucks alone.

Posted Image Who cares about these invisible things?

Alright kids the worlds ending, back on the bus.

#144 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

Looks like a solid month to make up for the last FUBAR batch of coupons.

#145 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

Still hate the 29.99 and up. I really wish they'd even just do a 19.99 and up. Wish there'd be some more 3DS stuff too, oh well...Can't really complain overall the coupons look pretty good.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#146 arbailey

arbailey

Proud to be a CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hmm.... I could see Lollipop Chainsaw dropping to 29.99 sometime this month, same goes for ME3. Might try to sell my ME3 LE and just pick up a standard copy since the PS3 version (which I got) doesn't seem to be rare at all and I personally hate steelbooks for games (I keep thinking I'm going to crack the disc every time I take it out of its case, which is alot since I play a good amount of MP).

I agree. Lollipop Chainsaw was on sale at Target for $39.99 not long ago.

#147 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

I signed up during the SSX/SC5 mag, right on the first day. I've yet to get a mag in the mail. Is there a way to check on the site if they put me down as digital?

#148 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

See if you can log in here. Use the "forgot my password" and enter the email you used for Best Buy.

If you can get in, it'll tell you print/digital and when you can expect your fiirst mag.

#149 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

I want lollipop chainsaw, mass effect 3 at $20, and prototype 2 at $10, sucks about the used coupon because I wanted mass efct 2, and assassn's creed brotherhood but I may just try to get those with b2g1 tomorrow. U guys recommend I play mass effect 1 as well? And which system ps3 or Xbox?

#150 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

I want lollipop chainsaw, mass effect 3 at $20, and prototype 2 at $10, sucks about the used coupon because I wanted mass efct 2, and assassn's creed brotherhood but I may just try to get those with b2g1 tomorrow. U guys recommend I play mass effect 1 as well? And which system ps3 or Xbox?

Well you cant play ME1 on Xbox, and since I think its the best of the 3 I recommend starting on 360 so that you can play through all 3 and have custom imports.