*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

• Please log in to reply
1517 replies to this topic

#151 TheWildMoose

TheWildMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Might get Lolipop Chainsaw and ME 3 if theyre $10.

#152 wingzero16

wingzero16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

Prototype2 and ME3 if there 10 each just have to buy ME2 since ME1 isn't on PS3 that i know of.

#153 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Well you cant play ME1 on Xbox, and since I think its the best of the 3 I recommend starting on 360 so that you can play through all 3 and have custom imports.

ME1 is unavailable on PS3. It can be bought for xbox 360 or on Live

#154 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

I want lollipop chainsaw, mass effect 3 at $20, and prototype 2 at $10, sucks about the used coupon because I wanted mass efct 2, and assassn's creed brotherhood but I may just try to get those with b2g1 tomorrow. U guys recommend I play mass effect 1 as well? And which system ps3 or Xbox?

Have you played ME2? If so, just get ME3 on whichever system you play 2 on. Personally I would play the first 2 but it isn't necessary.

#155 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

Never played the first Prototype and not huge on what I've seen of 2, so if that hits $10 I may debate it if I have some extra time to test it out and then trade it in to GS during a Promo if I don't like it.

Would love to pick up Lollipop for $10 though.

#156 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

I want lollipop chainsaw, mass effect 3 at $20, and prototype 2 at $10, sucks about the used coupon because I wanted mass efct 2, and assassn's creed brotherhood but I may just try to get those with b2g1 tomorrow. U guys recommend I play mass effect 1 as well? And which system ps3 or Xbox?

ME1 is only on Xbox. I would easily recommend you play it, as I hated the second one. A big group of other people actually liked ME2, so you might too.

#157 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

This part makes P2 worth 20 bucks alone.

That was awesome.

#158 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

Prototype 2 is an interesting situation, in that it is currently at a TIV of $9.
So you would get $18 back for it if you didn't like it. With the coupon it would only cost you $20 initially.
So, do you treat it as a $2 rental, or do you gamble that it will drop even more?

I would think that if you did buy it now, and it dropped during the month, you SHOULD get a price adjustment even though you used a coupon. I don't see how using a coupon would make a difference.
However I've never tried it, nor do I know anyone that has.

#159 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

This part makes P2 worth 20 bucks alone.

Hilarious, now I know I want P2.

#160 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

Prototype 2 is an interesting situation, in that it is currently at a TIV of $9.
So you would get $18 back for it if you didn't like it. With the coupon it would only cost you $20 initially.
So, do you treat it as a $2 rental, or do you gamble that it will drop even more?

I would think that if you did buy it now, and it dropped during the month, you SHOULD get a price adjustment even though you used a coupon. I don't see how using a coupon would make a difference.
However I've never tried it, nor do I know anyone that has.

FWIW, I've tried this twice (when I first started using the coupons and didn't really know any better) and the result depends on the store manager's policy and how closely the CS rep follows it. First time I tried to price adjust a game after using a coupon, the CS rep wouldn't re-apply the coupon and said that their manager was very clear not to allow it. Later that week, I went to a different store and figured I'd try again. CS rep here looked a little confused when I asked, but she asked somebody to bring over a magazine and did a return/rebuy for me. I'd hold off on using the coupon just to be on the safe side, unless you really need however much cash you're saving with it right away.

#161 htz

htz

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

Price matching will not work automatically with coupons. It is a system restriction to not allow any coupons with a price match. The only way around this is manager approval or you can do a return and rebuy(Only do this if you are okay with buying P2 or Lolipop for $20, cause they will take your coupon and you won't be able to return and rebuy at a lower price without using the coupon).

If your hoping to snag P2 or Lolipop for $15 or less your going to have to wait until a sale comes unless you have an easy manager in your store to work with.

#162 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Got BF3 on PC through Origin for $16. Screw Best Buy.

#163 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Switched one of my subscriptions to digital after the last mag came out, how do I get my coupons?

#164 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

Switched one of my subscriptions to digital after the last mag came out, how do I get my coupons?

The coupons get sent by mail.

#165 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

I'd grab Prototype 2 if it goes on sale. Might get Battlefield 3 as well. I already have it, but a second copy for my brother for $10 is pretty good.

#166 bornbuckeye

bornbuckeye

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

Quick question regarding welcome coupons. One coupon says buy two get one free new games valued up to $39.99. Does this mean that all three games must be below $39.99 or only the free one?

#167 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Quick question regarding welcome coupons. One coupon says buy two get one free new games valued up to $39.99. Does this mean that all three games must be below $39.99 or only the free one?

Just the free one. The lowest of the three will be free as long as its under that $40 price.

#168 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

You should get an email with the title something like, "July/September/October/etc @Gamer Magazine Available" and in that email there is a link to the coupons where you can print them.

#169 GLiMpZe

GLiMpZe

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

anyone know if u can stack a welcome packet B2G1 coupon with Gamer coupons?

#170 bornbuckeye

bornbuckeye

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

Just the free one. The lowest of the three will be free as long as its under that $40 price.

Thank you for your reply!

#171 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

anyone know if u can stack a welcome packet B2G1 coupon with Gamer coupons?

Naw dawg

#172 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

My last month is September 2012. If I wait and re-up after my subscription officially ends, will I get the welcome packet and b2g1free coupon again. Or will I not receive anything regardless.

#173 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:06 AM

Well you cant play ME1 on Xbox, and since I think its the best of the 3 I recommend starting on 360 so that you can play through all 3 and have custom imports.

Wow...did I (a HUGE ME series fan) really say that you cant play ME1 on Xbox...this one is embarrassed.

#174 Guillermo_IGN

Guillermo_IGN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:12 AM

Nice hope my magazines arrives for this month. sigh

#175 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

Meh, these are only good assuming they go on sale. We'll see closer to sept.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#176 wingzero16

wingzero16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

I saw that when the 100% first started. I believe they did that just for this occasion.

BF3 still trades for more at amazon

#177 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

For anyone that has had to renew a subscription, how does it work?
Mine runs out in Oct. Do you have to do it in store or can you do it through the website? I wouldn't mind doing it a month early just so there's no interruption of service.
Thanks!

#178 Kanokare

Kanokare

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

For anyone that has had to renew a subscription, how does it work?
Mine runs out in Oct. Do you have to do it in store or can you do it through the website? I wouldn't mind doing it a month early just so there's no interruption of service.
Thanks!

I went to a cashier and told them I wanted to renew my unlocked membership. Gave them my info and they said it should be added onto my account. I don't see any changes to my expiration yet, but I only did it yesterday so I'll give it a few more weeks if I have to.

If you are new to GMG and want to receive 2 dollar credit after your first purchase of over 2 dollars, use this REFERRAL.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SOTDgaming - My Youtube channel :)

76561197990616966.png     uc.png

#179 Uday23

Uday23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:26 AM

Question: I am not a subscriber to @Gamer, and I'm not a "unlocked" reward zone member or whatever its called. With the additional cost of being "unlocked" as well as buying this issue of the mag, will it still be worth it if all I want is Prototype 2?

#180 Jdevon

Jdevon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

Question: I am not a subscriber to @Gamer, and I'm not a "unlocked" reward zone member or whatever its called. With the additional cost of being "unlocked" as well as buying this issue of the mag, will it still be worth it if all I want is Prototype 2?

The "unlocked" membership only costs $15 and comes with the magazine for the current month for free and a year subscription of it. So for an extra $10 ($15 total for membership)
You get
-the coupons for current month and more to come!
-10% bonus to trades
-10% off used games
-welcome pack coupons
-year subscription to magazine
- special offers for gamer's club members only on game deals (currently max payne $30 off (other expired offers have been $50 off ps3 console, $35 newer zelda game, and some other good deals)
-$20 gift certificate's for preordering certain games and picking them up within a week of release (resident evil 6, black ops 2, nba 2k13, halo 4, and others)

It's your choice, but with the potential for savings most people recommend it! I doubt you'll find many people (if any) that aren't satisfied with being an unlocked member!