Photo
- - - - -

Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition up for pre order at Amazon for $69.99

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#31 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

apparently the two hori cases are priced at over $30. these are p4 branded. i don't have a case so i pre-ordered this. i might cancel later on, but we'll see...
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#32 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:15 AM

apparently the two hori cases are priced at over $30. these are p4 branded. i don't have a case so i pre-ordered this. i might cancel later on, but we'll see...

Yeah, on Amazon Japan, third party sellers are selling the "accessory set" (basically all the extras besides the game) for $60+. So this is basically a $100 set for $70, which isn't a bad deal.

Hori makes good products so even if you ignore the skin/stickers, you're basically paying $15 each for a quality pouch and case.

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#33 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:31 AM

Yeah, on Amazon Japan, third party sellers are selling the "accessory set" (basically all the extras besides the game) for $60+. So this is basically a $100 set for $70, which isn't a bad deal.

Hori makes good products so even if you ignore the skin/stickers, you're basically paying $15 each for a quality pouch and case.

You'll probably be able to resell them at a much higher price, too. Probably wind up covering the costs of the entire Premium Edition while keeping the skin and game for yourself

Or keep the whole thing sealed and sell it for double the price down the road.
Posted Image

#34 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

If you're one the fence about this, just go ahead and pre order. Amazon has no up front cost. For all you know this may actually turn out to be rare and double in price. Even with this warning I have Feeling people are going to go crazy days before the release and blame the hoarders for not getting a pre order in.

#35 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

Stupid question but preordering for a friends Xmas gift (yeah I think that far ahead)

Is this at heart the same as persona 4 on ps2 or is it something different? Thanks

#36 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:03 AM

Stupid question but preordering for a friends Xmas gift (yeah I think that far ahead)

Is this at heart the same as persona 4 on ps2 or is it something different? Thanks

It's Persona 4, but better. You're right to be concerned though, since P3P was definitely worse than FES.

#37 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

If I didn't have a ton of GS credit I would've got this from Amazon.

#38 kipz

kipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

I'm thinking the same thing, I have an amazon pre-order for $33.05 with free skin (it auto-adjusted minus some % because it went down $34.99 once). The extra $37 I think is not worth what your getting, but to each his own I guess.

I had the same concern (actually had it about $30) so I called them and asked if there was anyway that could transfer the discount over and I got them to do it. So, I'll be getting this for $60 now.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 dallow

dallow

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

Wow. Disgusting price.
I only care for the outer box. Wish the cart was gold.

#40 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

It's Persona 4, but better. You're right to be concerned though, since P3P was definitely worse than FES.

P3P was my first Persona and I didn't really like it. The prerendered static environments were kinda lame and the dungeons felt lame. I've heard FES was the best Persona but the preview of 4 looks great. Not trying to start a flame war but would a "real" port of FES been a better idea?

#41 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

After the Catherine CE, only preorders supposedly, not sure I trust Atlus on rarity.

Probably just getting the normal version.

#42 thefinal87

thefinal87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

Have to definitely disagree with you there. I originally couldn't get into Persona 3 BECAUSE of FES.

In FES, you didn't have the ability to control your party members, so anything that FES has, cannot top that. And I loved the visual novel look and feel to the game, considering you do nothing of worth by running around and seeing your MC with his hands in his stupid pockets in FES, while you can easily and quickly press a button to "warp" to somewhere else (just like P4) in P3P. The only thing I wish P3P had was "The Answer."

Oh also, I heard the news about this on Gamefaqs earlier on Friday and pre-ordered this Golden edition as well at Gamestop (haven't been there in ages, but I'd rather get it the day it comes out by walking in a store). I saw this accessory set a long time ago and wanted it, but it kept going up in price and was hesitant in buying it, looks like I made the right choice in not buying it online.

#43 thefinal87

thefinal87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

P3P was my first Persona and I didn't really like it. The prerendered static environments were kinda lame and the dungeons felt lame. I've heard FES was the best Persona but the preview of 4 looks great. Not trying to start a flame war but would a "real" port of FES been a better idea?

The dungeons are the same throughout all versions of P3 (i.e. Vanilla, FES and P3P). Its one of the reasons I prefer P4 over P3.

#44 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

P3P is a worse experience and Atlus knows it. P4 was originally going to be on PSP, but they moved it to the Vita because they realized menu-based movement is a terrible idea. P3P should only be played by people who already played FES/the original and are looking for a replay.

A straight FES port wouldn't have been a good idea, but if they kept the core experience of FES and improved it with P3P's features, P3P would have been the definitive version. As it is, I constantly have to recommend that people play FES before P3P to prevent them from ruining the game for themselves. Some people can get over the lack of immersion quickly, but it's a death-knell for others' experiences.

#45 keine

keine

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

I'm not really interested in anything else to be released this November, so why not?
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#46 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

As someone who's played both the original P3 and P3P, P3P is worlds ahead. I find the fact that it's missing an "explorable town" pretty inconsequential, seeing as how it's really just an illusion for you to do stuff in. It is nice when it's fleshed out on consoles, but I can't say it broke the game. I never owned FES, so I can't speak about The Answer (the second story) to any effect, but P3P took some of the barebones stuff that made P4's battle system so great (primarily, as many would agree, being able to give direct commands to party members rather than lucking out and having them use the correct kind of attack/spell) and made it something actually respectable. Also, I'm not sure if this was even included in FES, but Void Quest was an interesting set of challenges that tested your mettle in different situations and added an additional optional boss.

But, of course, this is all devoid of the point: P4 is worlds ahead of P3. I can come up with countless stylistic or character related objections to that, but when it comes to gameplay, P4 came around and fixed everything that was wrong with P3's system: changed the monotonous dungeon, more character development among the main party (developing a sense of camaraderie which is downright touching, even in the heat of a random battle), and the story I believe was much more universally appealing (as many will confirm, I'm sure).

Also, I think I have to add that I couldn't help myself... though I may not get a Vita until much later in the future, I ordered one of these suckers. :p

Currently Playing:
:pc: Titanfall
:psp: nothing

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

#47 thefinal87

thefinal87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

As someone who's played both the original P3 and P3P, P3P is worlds ahead. I find the fact that it's missing an "explorable town" pretty inconsequential, seeing as how it's really just an illusion for you to do stuff in. It is nice when it's fleshed out on consoles, but I can't say it broke the game. I never owned FES, so I can't speak about The Answer (the second story) to any effect, but P3P took some of the barebones stuff that made P4's battle system so great (primarily, as many would agree, being able to give direct commands to party members rather than lucking out and having them use the correct kind of attack/spell) and made it something actually respectable. Also, I'm not sure if this was even included in FES, but Void Quest was an interesting set of challenges that tested your mettle in different situations and added an additional optional boss.

But, of course, this is all devoid of the point: P4 is worlds ahead of P3. I can come up with countless stylistic or character related objections to that, but when it comes to gameplay, P4 came around and fixed everything that was wrong with P3's system: changed the monotonous dungeon, more character development among the main party (developing a sense of camaraderie which is downright touching, even in the heat of a random battle), and the story I believe was much more universally appealing (as many will confirm, I'm sure).

Also, I think I have to add that I couldn't help myself... though I may not get a Vita until much later in the future, I ordered one of these suckers. :p

Hahaha agree with you on all points. I much prefer P4 over P3, but P3P is what made me love P3. That whole "exploring town" bit is nice, but it certainly didn't help me like FES as it was.

P4 literally made me feel like I was best friends with the main cast towards the end of the game.

#48 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

Preordered just to see how this plays out. Though I do think $70 is a little high. Can always cancel later.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#49 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

May become rare but the extras are not my thing. The case looks good not sure about the other stuff.

#50 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

motherfucker! i saw that on joystiq last night and i was looking for it on amazon but couldn't find it. now they're all gone (probably a bunch of jag-off slickdeals guys that will just try to flip them).

#51 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

I ordered on just in case, even though I have the vanilla copy pre-ordered for $29.99.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#52 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

motherfucker! i saw that on joystiq last night and i was looking for it on amazon but couldn't find it. now they're all gone (probably a bunch of jag-off slickdeals guys that will just try to flip them).

Chill the Fuck out guy. They are still in stock.

http://www.amazon.co...=persona 4 vita
"You know, my heart is beating incredibly fast, I must be experiencing absolute terror!"

#53 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

in for one, thanks

#54 glemtvapen

glemtvapen

The Forgotten

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

Finally. Been watching amazon since I got the email from Atlus about it.

#55 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

By the way, even if you have zero interest in this game I would advise Pre-ordering it. I see people all the time on here wanting a truly rare piece for their collection. Other than in-store demo N64 carts, competition only carts from the SNES days, and other obscure items, a 10,000 print run of something is extremely rare.

For reference, Earthbound for SNES sold well over 100,000 copies. Panzer Dragoon Saga sold over 30,000 copies. 10,000 is legitimately rare. And further, if only half of those people open their copy and use the skins/case, there will only be 5,000 sealed left in circulation. Take true collectors like myself and immediately rule out a few thousand other copies which won't be on eBay or anywhere else, and right off the bat the market is very lucrative.

I Pre-ordered two copies from GameStop and another from Amazon just to be sure I get one and it is in perfect condition and have one to open and play. Worst case scenario is you'll make all of your money back. If you are into flipping this is probably a great game to do so with. I don't do that, but I certainly don't have a problem with those that do. This is America. We thrive on capitalism. We founded our country partly on the principle that you can have a great life here by buying something for a dollar and selling it for two.

That said, this will go into my collection to be admired with my other valued games. All that said, Atlus may yet screw us all and actually print 40,000 of these. As a poster above stated, look at Catherine.
"You know, my heart is beating incredibly fast, I must be experiencing absolute terror!"

#56 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

Good luck with that.

Yeah, I can't see this being around for long... the Vita is in dire need of games and Persona is a very popular series.

Lol, yea, that's gonna happen. I'll gladly sell you one of mine for $120 when you realize you're wrong though.

I'll be sure to reply to this thread and these posts when I pick one of these up for <$30 in February or March of next year. Hell, it may even go down close to that during December, as did Fate/Extra's LE because Amazon is nuts like that.

The Vita is flopping, hard. All the JRPGs in the world aren't going to save it. As it is, you can still find Persona 2 PSP big boxes in Gamestops without too much trouble and that's on a system with considerably more userbase. How is this title going to sell out and somehow dodge being price dropped by retailers?

This is some pretty flawed logic below:

By the way, even if you have zero interest in this game I would advise Pre-ordering it. I see people all the time on here wanting a truly rare piece for their collection. Other than in-store demo N64 carts, competition only carts from the SNES days, and other obscure items, a 10,000 print run of something is extremely rare.

A truly rare piece... that you'll be able to buy at any time after release secondhand. That's not extremely rare. That's not even rare.

For reference, Earthbound for SNES sold well over 100,000 copies. Panzer Dragoon Saga sold over 30,000 copies. 10,000 is legitimately rare. And further, if only half of those people open their copy and use the skins/case, there will only be 5,000 sealed left in circulation. Take true collectors like myself and immediately rule out a few thousand other copies which won't be on eBay or anywhere else, and right off the bat the market is very lucrative.

It's an issue of scale why you're wrong. Like most of the Atlus/NIS LEs, they are aimed squarely at the JRPG collector market which is small. So the print run is small and the audience is small - meaning there won't be demand. Not to mention that these 10,000 copies are coming direct and are not being obscured by the secondhand market. It's very likely, as evidenced by availability of other PSP JRPG LEs, that 10,000 will more than satiate the demand for the LE of this title. It also doesn't help that, as even evidenced by this thread, that the price is a turn off.

Nevermind the fact that your goal is to find what can be 'lucrative'. Yet you say below that you don't flip. Riiiight.

I Pre-ordered two copies from GameStop and another from Amazon just to be sure I get one and it is in perfect condition and have one to open and play. Worst case scenario is you'll make all of your money back. If you are into flipping this is probably a great game to do so with. I don't do that, but I certainly don't have a problem with those that do. This is America. We thrive on capitalism. We founded our country partly on the principle that you can have a great life here by buying something for a dollar and selling it for two.

Worst case scenario is you have 3 copies of a game you'll be able to sell for half of what you paid, if that. Did you buy three copies of Persona 2 PSP?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...c#ht_500wt_1414

Very 'lucrative'.

Edited by portnoyd, 25 August 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#57 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

That said, this will go into my collection to be admired with my other valued games. All that said, Atlus may yet screw us all and actually print 40,000 of these. As a poster above stated, look at Catherine.

Anyone else sick of the rarity talk? Seriously who cares if it goes up or down in value after release... so many people are thinking of flipping this that it comes off as over saturated. (Impressive feat considering it's been a day...)

Regardless of them being annoying, don't look at this item as the long awaited rare CE. Persona has a small, but dedicated user base. You won't see people paying out the ass just to have a rare CE of a game many people never heard of. Additionally since the edition size was announced (it's illegal to change, so expect exactly 10,000), most people who want it will buy it. What usually makes something go UP in value, is either someone failing to get it or the fact it became rare. This will not happen to this, so yeah...

edit~

I meant to add that all the CE stuff is just the Japanese accessory pack too. This means the only unique thing is the box, which might not be enough for someone to pay out the ass for.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#58 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

If you're buying this to flilp, you're taking a bit of a gamble.

TONS of people are gonna have the same idea you're gonna have, and so we'll have eBay flooded with hundreds or at least dozens of listings of this while none of your copies move, not to mention the fact that the Vita isn't doing so hot sales-wise, so I'd guess about 1/10th of gamers have one or are going to have one; in other words, you're buying a game for a console that at the moment is dying.

The fact that almost no one has a Vita means that 10,000 isn't as low as you'd think.

If you're gonna flip, I personally wouldn't buy more than two. As for me; I got one for me to play when I get a Vita (I'm a sucker for the beautiful Atlus CE bonuses).

#59 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

Gonna grab one myself.

Love P4 to death and this whole limited quantity thing is pretty tempting.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#60 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

That's crazy because I thought P3P was better than FES. :/