Photo
- - - - -

Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition up for pre order at Amazon for $69.99

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#61 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

P3P is better for replays, but FES is a better initial experience.

#62 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'll be sure to reply to this thread and these posts when I pick one of these up for <$30 in February or March of next year. Hell, it may even go down close to that during December, as did Fate/Extra's LE because Amazon is nuts like that.

The Vita is flopping, hard. All the JRPGs in the world aren't going to save it. As it is, you can still find Persona 2 PSP big boxes in Gamestops without too much trouble and that's on a system with considerably more userbase. How is this title going to sell out and somehow dodge being price dropped by retailers?

This is some pretty flawed logic below:

A truly rare piece... that you'll be able to buy at any time after release secondhand. That's not extremely rare. That's not even rare.

It's an issue of scale why you're wrong. Like most of the Atlus/NIS LEs, they are aimed squarely at the JRPG collector market which is small. So the print run is small and the audience is small - meaning there won't be demand. Not to mention that these 10,000 copies are coming direct and are not being obscured by the secondhand market. It's very likely, as evidenced by availability of other PSP JRPG LEs, that 10,000 will more than satiate the demand for the LE of this title. It also doesn't help that, as even evidenced by this thread, that the price is a turn off.

Nevermind the fact that your goal is to find what can be 'lucrative'. Yet you say below that you don't flip. Riiiight.

Worst case scenario is you have 3 copies of a game you'll be able to sell for half of what you paid, if that. Did you buy three copies of Persona 2 PSP?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...c#ht_500wt_1414

Very 'lucrative'.

Clearly you don't understand how this works. You just linked to an opened, CIB copy. Guess what, the value of ANY game drops significantly when opened. People that buy these to flip are going to have them sealed... And honestly, I don't really give a Fuck whether you believe I flip or not. I know that I don't, and I could post pictures of my sealed video game collection, with hundreds of sealed games, none of which are up on eBay or are going to be on eBay anytime in the near future, but I don't think that would change your opinion of me, and it really doesn't to me if it did anyway.

A true collector understands the value of a rare item. Just because it isn't going for $8,000 on eBay doesn't make it any less desirable to people who enjoy games. The sealed copy of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Collector's Edition I own isn't because it is worth a lot of money on eBay if I chose to sell it, it is because it is my all-time favorite game. It has more value to me as that than it ever would get from being sold on eBay.

So, yes, I am buying one to open and play, and two others to make sure I get a pristine copy for my collection. The price is certainly a turn off for those who aren't collectors. Clearly the Collectors Edition of this game is not for them.
"You know, my heart is beating incredibly fast, I must be experiencing absolute terror!"

#63 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

In for 1, even though I already have the game pre-ordered for 20.00 due to a promo when i bought my Vita. Not sure if i will cancel it yet, but nice to have the option to get it after these inevitably sell out.

I could post pictures of my sealed video game collection, with hundreds of sealed games, none of which are up on eBay or are going to be on eBay anytime in the near future

I would love to see pics of your collection, not because I think you're lying, but I enjoy checking out other peoples collections.

#64 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

I cant wait to put the skin in the face of my Vita, stickers all over the rear touch panel, the screen guard over the skin, and then shoving it all into the hard case for maximum P4G protection!!!

#65 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

Seems publishers are learning that "limited" sells far more LEs than "cat helmet".

#66 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

I'll be sure to reply to this thread and these posts when I pick one of these up for <$30 in February or March of next year. Hell, it may even go down close to that during December, as did Fate/Extra's LE because Amazon is nuts like that.

The Vita is flopping, hard. All the JRPGs in the world aren't going to save it. As it is, you can still find Persona 2 PSP big boxes in Gamestops without too much trouble and that's on a system with considerably more userbase. How is this title going to sell out and somehow dodge being price dropped by retailers?

This is some pretty flawed logic below:

A truly rare piece... that you'll be able to buy at any time after release secondhand. That's not extremely rare. That's not even rare.

It's an issue of scale why you're wrong. Like most of the Atlus/NIS LEs, they are aimed squarely at the JRPG collector market which is small. So the print run is small and the audience is small - meaning there won't be demand. Not to mention that these 10,000 copies are coming direct and are not being obscured by the secondhand market. It's very likely, as evidenced by availability of other PSP JRPG LEs, that 10,000 will more than satiate the demand for the LE of this title. It also doesn't help that, as even evidenced by this thread, that the price is a turn off.

Nevermind the fact that your goal is to find what can be 'lucrative'. Yet you say below that you don't flip. Riiiight.

Worst case scenario is you have 3 copies of a game you'll be able to sell for half of what you paid, if that. Did you buy three copies of Persona 2 PSP?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...c#ht_500wt_1414

Very 'lucrative'.

Worst case scenario for anyone with any intelligence is you wait a few years and sell it for more than you paid for it like Persona PSP.

http://www.ebay.com/...4#ht_590wt_1167

And Persona 3/4 are far more popular than the first 2 persona's, and it's a joke to compare them to fate/whatever.

Already this limited edition is #2 on Amazon's best sellers list.

http://www.amazon.co...f=pd_dp_ts_vg_1
Posted Image

#67 griffinup

griffinup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

It's sold out at Amazon now. Gamestop looks to be the only place left that has it. I wonder if gamers are actually excited for this, or flippers are just buying like mad.

#68 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

For anyone that preordered at Gamestop, does this require a $25 deposit like other recent CEs have or can you just put $5 on it?

#69 Midori Monkey

Midori Monkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

For anyone that preordered at Gamestop, does this require a $25 deposit like other recent CEs have or can you just put $5 on it?

I'm kinda confused on that myself. I went into my GS to upgrade my order to the LE yesterday and he told me the computer said it was a min of 25$. Then today my brother asked me to pop in and upgrade his too... but then the guy said the computer was only asking for 5$.
Posted Image

#70 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

Clearly you don't understand how this works. You just linked to an opened, CIB copy. Guess what, the value of ANY game drops significantly when opened.

http://www.ebay.com/...b#ht_646wt_1165

You were saying?

I very much understand how this works. Even years later, it's very few LEs that are profitable, even sealed. You need to hit the right one. My Bioshock 1 LE is worth entirely too much, yet my LotR: WR is going for half of what I paid (and that wasn't even MSRP!). I refuse to just jump into any LE preorder because the mob is pushing the preorder button like crazy. The evidence of previous Persona/Atlus LEs does not lend itself towards this one being hard to find. I'd rather save my money and be wrong, then flush 2x and be right. This is CHEAP ass gamer, right?

I could post pictures of my sealed video game collection, with hundreds of sealed games, none of which are up on eBay or are going to be on eBay anytime in the near future

List three items that fall under this distinction that you own. That is a ridiculously bold claim.

I don't understand someone saying they enjoy games, yet have a sealed games collection. The two are mutually exclusive. Not saying you, as you're buying two copies but I hear this a lot.

Regardless that Amazon has stopped preorders, I stand by my claim I will be able to find this discounted after release from a retailer, either Amazon or Gamestop. I am surprised enough of you haven't been burned by full price LEs to not follow this reasoning.

I would love to see pics of your collection, not because I think you're lying, but I enjoy checking out other peoples collections.

Well, here's mine fwiw. Pics are pretty old but the room is generally the same.

#71 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

I am surprised enough of you haven't been burned by full price LEs to not follow this reasoning.

Every LE is different. Some you can find cheaper, others, good luck finding for cheap. NISA's Hyperdementional Neptunia MK2 LE says "hi". For me, I'd rather pre-order and get the item now, than take the change and pay twice as much on eBay for flippers who charge twice as much as the MSRP was.

#72 crazydom2

crazydom2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Holy **** at Amazon selling out already.

Glad I preordered it the second it went up.

#73 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Every LE is different. Some you can find cheaper, others, good luck finding for cheap. NISA's Hyperdementional Neptunia MK2 LE says "hi". For me, I'd rather pre-order and get the item now, than take the change and pay twice as much on eBay for flippers who charge twice as much as the MSRP was.

Well, the HN MK2 LE was a NISA-store exclusive, so it technically isn't the same as this Premium Edition.

Also, I'll bet real Monopoly money that this will periodically come back in stock closer to and within the release week, just like with the KH: DDD MoM Edition and The Witcher 2 Dark Edition.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]; Velocity Ultra
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#74 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Is :psp: P2:IS a limited edition? Perhaps the Catherine: Love is Over is a better example of a LE whose value remains relatively consistent?

But yeah, I'm a big fan of P4 and I'll be ordering this one and keeping my $30 preorder at NewEgg as a play copy.

#75 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

I just switched my vanilla version preorder to the limited edition. Did not have to put anything additional down on it.

#76 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Holy **** at Amazon selling out already.

Glad I preordered it the second it went up.

Yes, it disappeared quickly. I checked inventory yesterday when I preordered one and it showed over 1000 available.

#77 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

I pre-order mine through gamestop, are there instances that they might get cancel? I dont trust them as much as Amazon...

#78 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

Once Atlus learns that Amazon sold out in less than 2 days, I wouldn't put it past them to break the promised production number. After the Catherine Deluxe Edition which was supposed to be limited to preorder quantities, I have no confidence in their stated production limits.

#79 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

I knew this would sell out quickly. 10,000 is too few for a game this good. Glad I got my pre-order in. 8-) Good as gold, baby.
Posted Image

#80 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

I pre-order mine through gamestop, are there instances that they might get cancel? I dont trust them as much as Amazon...

When Gamestop gets enough orders to their capacity, they take down the link. If you ordered in store... There's always the chance that you might get a bad store that may 'accidentally' sell your copy. It happens. I haven't heard of their website cancelling orders though.

#81 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

I have this preordered, and I don't even plan on getting a Vita until it comes out. I've never played Persona before, but a good friend convinced me that it was a great experience. First time i've ever bought a system for a specific game, and i'm quite looking forward to it.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#82 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

I love how people buy things just because they're limited.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#83 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

Better than buying stuff that isn't.

#84 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

Idk...Super Mario Bros 3 ain't limited and i'd much rather have that than some shit stuff that happens to be limited.

#85 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

For those worried about a reprint...

Aram Jabbari, Manager of Public Relations and Sales, Atlus, wrote on the official PlayStation , “Devotees may recognize these items as the same ones made available in Japan, and they’d be right! These are exactly the same special set of accessories made by Hori for the Japanese game, down to the use of the overseas title, Persona 4 The Golden. The Solid Gold Premium Edition will not be remanufactured. We’re projecting it will sell out and very likely in short order, so if you’re interested in owning a huge piece of ATLUS gaming history, pre-ordering from a participating retailer is highly advised!”

from http://www.gameguru....ition-unveiled/

#86 itsoverninethousand

itsoverninethousand

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

I love how people care about what other people buy.

#87 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

Easily one of the dumbest things said on CAG.

I love how people care about what other people buy.

I just think it's funny that almost none of you would have bought this had it not been limited to 10,000 copies. That's the extent of my caring.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#88 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

MSRP is not a deal, etc, etc

#89 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

I just think it's funny that almost none of you would have bought this had it not been limited to 10,000 copies. That's the extent of my caring.

I would have <_<. Just like people are willing to buy a giant plastic Borderlands chest because they are Borderlands fans, I'm willing to buy this because I'm a Persona fan.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#90 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

What's humorous about it? Seems pretty logical to take into consideration the rarity of an item if you're a collector or a reseller.
Posted Image