Photo
- - - - -

Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition up for pre order at Amazon for $69.99

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#181 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:18 AM

I'm having the same problem as a bunch of people here, I have it pre-ordered, but I also have the standard one on preorder..

I might just cancel and use Gamestop credit on Madden instead.

#182 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:31 AM

Keep the game and sell all that extra stuff.

#183 whookid36

whookid36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

I wonder why it's still up on gamestop

#184 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

I wonder why it's still up on gamestop

went into gamestop today to pick up a 1.80 Ds game and was told Gamestop OVERSOLD Them and if you did not preorder before last sunday you will not get one ... They will be calling people up over This weekend for the people who preordered but will not be getting one

local gamestop got the email today to stop selling them
WOOOO I STINK

#185 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

went into gamestop today to pick up a 1.80 Ds game and was told Gamestop OVERSOLD Them and if you did not preorder before last sunday you will not get one ... They will be calling people up over This weekend for the people who preordered but will not be getting one

local gamestop got the email today to stop selling them

Well Fuck, preordered 1 at GS Monday morning.

Really hope Amazon doesn't botch shipping mine then...

#186 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

Glad i pre-ordered mine the day after the announcement. Had a feeling they oversold them
Posted ImagePosted Image

#187 seraph011

seraph011

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

Had the same feeling about gamestop...I hope Amazon didn't do the same thing.

#188 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

UUGGGHHH, & I was planning on pre-ordering today after finding out they stopped pre-orders for in-store & discovering Amazon was out of pre-orders. I even cancelled my Newegg order w/ that $10 off code. Maybe I'll get lucky when I order online, considering Atlus tweeted that you can still get it from GameStop's site a few hours ago.

Edited by Zonic505, 29 August 2012 - 01:13 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#189 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

So Glad I preordered mine on Sunday. Sucks I have to pay the god aweful shipping from GS tho, ugh.

#190 remag

remag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

So Glad I preordered mine on Sunday. Sucks I have to pay the god aweful shipping from GS tho, ugh.

Use code SAVER to get free economy shipping.

#191 chibamm

chibamm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

Use code SAVER to get free economy shipping.

Totally forgot about that. Can you edit an order after already placed to add free shipping?
Posted Image

#192 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:51 AM

UUGGGHHH, & I was planning on pre-ordering today after finding out they stopped pre-orders for in-store & discovering Amazon was out of pre-orders. I even cancelled my Newegg order w/ that $10 off code. Maybe I'll get lucky when I order online, considering Atlus tweeted that you can still get it from GameStop's site a few hours ago.

I find it odd that you can still PO online if stores stopped taking pre-orders. I mean, if stores stopped taking POs on Sunday, how is it that they've lasted this long online, especially since Amazon sold out a while ago (even with the short period when it returned in stock)?

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#193 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:54 AM

Perhaps there's a limit as to how many pre-orders stores allow, then a limit for online. *shrugs*

DAMN IT, stupid billing information error. I swear, they better not run out by the time I get this fixed.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#194 remag

remag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

I find it odd that you can still PO online if stores stopped taking pre-orders. I mean, if stores stopped taking POs on Sunday, how is it that they've lasted this long online?

Probably because they put a quota for every store way in advance so that everyone in an area with a gamestop has an equal chance to preorder. If this is true then that allotment is less than the total amount that Atlus agreed to ship to gamestop. So, the leftovers are put online.

#195 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

Glad I pre-ordered this on Amazon when it first went up.

#196 jello44

jello44

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

I find it odd that you can still PO online if stores stopped taking pre-orders. I mean, if stores stopped taking POs on Sunday, how is it that they've lasted this long online, especially since Amazon sold out a while ago (even with the short period when it returned in stock)?

I was able to pre-order on Monday.

I'll trust a tweet from Atlus before anything slidecage says, I'm sure they would have said something before then or about anyone preordering before a certain time.

72768.png

#197 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

I was able to pre-order on Monday.

I'll trust a tweet from Atlus before anything slidecage says, I'm sure they would have said something before then or about anyone preordering before a certain time.

all i know is what the managers told me at the gamestop even saw the email printed out that said it... maybe it was instore only it was talking about but its not even in their computer data base anymore instore
WOOOO I STINK

#198 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

Wow. Pre-ordered on GameStop's site when I looked at the thread earlier today. Good thing I didn't delay any longer or I might've missed out entirely, like I did with the original P4 CE from Amazon.

#199 seraph011

seraph011

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

Just make sure to double check because it seems that Gamestop might have taken excess preorders and might have to cancel the late ones...^^

#200 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

Funny that Gamestop shows this as one of the best sellers along with Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2, and AC3.

#201 gr8asianman

gr8asianman

◕‿‿◕

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

I was unable to preorder last night in store while I was picking up Guild Wars 2, but was able to place an order online just now. I know I'm late to the party, stupid life, but I hope they don't cancel mine...

fs_overall.png

sig.gif

#202 gr8asianman

gr8asianman

◕‿‿◕

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

I do like that this does seem to be a legit limited edition and we shouldn't see dozens of copies on the markdown shelves.

fs_overall.png

sig.gif

#203 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

I'm amazed that GS is still has this listed online... I just can't believe that GS hasn't sold out or that they simply haven't/can't take the page down.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#204 chibamm

chibamm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

Is it possible GS has not sold out yet?
Posted Image

#205 seraph011

seraph011

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

^
If you weren't able to preorder from Amazon, might as well take a chance on the Gamestop one then jsut hope for the best that they don't cancel.

#206 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

I'm amazed that GS is still has this listed online... I just can't believe that GS hasn't sold out or that they simply haven't/can't take the page down.

Atlus posted on Facebook within the last day or two announcing that Gamestop.com was the only location available for preorder, so I'm guessing they actually still have stock to sell.

#207 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Atlus posted on Facebook within the last day or two announcing that Gamestop.com was the only location available for preorder, so I'm guessing they actually still have stock to sell.

I saw that but I still can't help but wonder. I'm wondering if Atlus actually has word from GS that they have it available online, or if Atlus is relying on the item page on GS.:-k

And what I'm wondering is this: Amazon sold out a long time ago, and given how fast they sold out, the people on the fence and the re-sellers would probably rush to pre-order the only other place that still has it available. I can't imagine that GS would outlast Amazon that long.

Granted, it could still be available but unless the allocation numbers were grossly skewed in GS's favor, I don't get why they still have it in stock.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#208 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

I'm absolutely amazed that Gamestop still has this available, especially considering how quick Amazon's stock went. Either there's some major screw up here, or it went something like:

Gamestop - 8,000 copies
Amazon - 2,000 copies

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#209 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:31 AM

I have a feeling that Gamestop is taking more orders than they can fill.

That's how I feel too. Even if Amazon got less of the 10,000 than GameStop they should've sold out by now. With both online and instore orders it seems weird that they still have some in stock considering Amazon sold out on the day it popped up and the other day when they started taking orders again. Either Amazon is rationing their stock out a little at a time up to the release date or GameStop is taking more orders than they can fill. Maybe I'm wrong on both accounts. Either way I feel more confident with my Amazon preorder than my GameStop preorder.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#210 AutoPilotOff

AutoPilotOff

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

I preordered mine in store not even a week ago.