Photo
- - - - -

Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition up for pre order at Amazon for $69.99

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#211 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

Theyre also selling it in canada so does that mean the stock is split 50/50 between the u.s and canada?

gs probably oversold...

#212 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

Theyre also selling it in canada so does that mean the stock is split 50/50 between the u.s and canada?

gs probably oversold...

Why would they place 50% of the stock in a country with 10% of the population of the US? Honestly, it seems pretty clear Amazon had around 2K copies and Gamestop got the rest. Are they oversold? Possibly, but unlike Amazon that has an allocation and doesn't build in for cancellations until just before release, Gamestop has a formula of some percentage that they expect won't be purchased and so they keep taking orders beyond what they expect to have on hand.

#213 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

I didn't think the extras were that great, and I might want to just get the digital version anyway since I'll be playing P4G for 100+ hours.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#214 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

everyone needs to buy this one

$399.99
+ $3.99shipping
New
Seller: Topato-Store
Seller Rating:100% positive over the past 12 months. (7 total ratings)
This item will be released on November 20, 2012. Pre-order now! Ships from CO, United States. Expedited shipping available.
International & domestic shipping rates and return policy.
Release date is stated Nov. 20th, I will ship the day I have it in stock (my preorders are secure). Packaged with love. Contact me, or have your Persona contact me if you have questions. Thanks! « Show less

DUDE YOUR GETTING LOVE IN THE PACKAGE AND LOVE IS PRICELESS :)
WOOOO I STINK

#215 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

everyone needs to buy this one

$399.99
+ $3.99shipping
New
Seller: Topato-Store
Seller Rating:100% positive over the past 12 months. (7 total ratings)
This item will be released on November 20, 2012. Pre-order now! Ships from CO, United States. Expedited shipping available.
International & domestic shipping rates and return policy.
Release date is stated Nov. 20th, I will ship the day I have it in stock (my preorders are secure). Packaged with love. Contact me, or have your Persona contact me if you have questions. Thanks! « Show less

DUDE YOUR GETTING LOVE IN THE PACKAGE AND LOVE IS PRICELESS :)

You can already buy a love package at many websites without the wait.

#216 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

You can already buy a love package at many websites without the wait.

why buy? ur hand is free

#217 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

why buy? ur hand is free

until your hand calls the cops and then shits his the fan
WOOOO I STINK

#218 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

until your hand calls the cops and then shits his the fan

Oh, slidecage...

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#219 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:02 AM

I checked amazon long while a go,

they dont take pre-order any more for this game (been like a week)

but I checked Gamestop, seems like they are the only other site

taking pre-order for persona 4 Golden

http://www.gamestop....remium-edition/

here is the link,

its $69.99

only 10,000 copies are made,

though seems bit much knowing number of vita users
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#220 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

Persona 4 will sell like hot cakes and some (like me) are getting/got a vita mostly for it -_-

that and lumines <3

#221 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

This is old news, and there's already a large thread about it. :/

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#222 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

This is old news, and there's already a large thread about it. :/

I've only seen Amazon pre order thread
if it is true i'll erase it
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#223 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:34 AM

It's being assumed that Gamestop is overselling these by quite a lot. We shall see. Hopefully everyone that ordered can get one!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#224 Jawwaad1

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:47 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=327345

#225 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

Yeah.. physical stores are not taking pre-orders anymore so tells you that unless you pre-ordered really early, chances are your Gamestop pre-order will be cancelled. Amazon sold out within a day I think after they made it available, everyone who was not able to get it went with Gamestop and they probably oversold this.
Posted Image

#226 hereon

hereon

Here-On Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:20 AM

I've only seen Amazon pre order thread
if it is true i'll erase it

I think you are correct on it being Amazon initially, but perhaps the GameStop still accepting preorders was mentioned later if I recall :) no big deal

I love my vita, but never played a persona gam before
What do you say CAG, should I jump in now? :D

#227 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

^It's an incredible game. If you're a fan of JRPGs then you'll fall in love with it.

#228 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

"Currently PERSONA 4 Golden Solid Gold Premium Edition is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart."

GAH, & GameStop never fixed my billing issue problem, despite calling twice! Why didn't I just order it as soon as it was announced?!

*sigh* Guess I'll just pre-order the regular version until I find someone who isn't selling the LE for double the price or more....Lesson learned: When a company says they're going to be very limited, pre-order as soon as possible.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#229 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:38 PM

Wow, so it finally sold out huh...?

I still wonder if they oversold it, if demand really wasn't that high, or if the allocation numbers for Amazon/GS were skewed so heavily in GS's favor.

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#230 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

"Currently PERSONA 4 Golden Solid Gold Premium Edition is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart."

GAH, & GameStop never fixed my billing issue problem, despite calling twice! Why didn't I just order it as soon as it was announced?!

*sigh* Guess I'll just pre-order the regular version until I find someone who isn't selling the LE for double the price or more....Lesson learned: When a company says they're going to be very limited, pre-order as soon as possible.

Just try your best to monitor the amazon page - I wouldn't be surprised if they put up a couple right around release time. Besides even if your order did get into GameStop they might've really oversold and had to cancel a bunch of orders.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#231 keine

keine

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Just try your best to monitor the amazon page - I wouldn't be surprised if they put up a couple right around release time. Besides even if your order did get into GameStop they might've really oversold and had to cancel a bunch of orders.

This is good advice.

For example, I was only able to grab a MGS Collection LE because of cancelled Amazon orders, so there ya go.
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#232 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

I agree with this--as the release date for The Witcher 2: AoK Enhanced Edition approached, the Dark Edition kept coming in-and-out of stock on Amazon (due to people not having valid CCs for orders or other reasons), so it's highly likely the same will happen in this case.

I'm actually tempted to pick this up now that I've found a use for the pouch: To hold the PS Vita Portable Charger I recently bought from GS. :razz:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#233 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Thanks for the advice. I wish there was a way for them to e-mail when they get more in-stock from their warehouse instead of the other buying options. I'll probably still pre-order the regular version just to be safe so I can still get the pre-order bonus.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#234 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

Thanks for the advice. I wish there was a way for them to e-mail when they get more in-stock from their warehouse instead of the other buying options. I'll probably still pre-order the regular version just to be safe so I can still get the pre-order bonus.

If you're willing to risk waiting for a little while, Newegg might have another $10 off $39.99+ preorders code again and you could get P4G for $29.99; it's been confirmed that Newegg's copies will have the preorder Vita skin bonus.

Of course, if you have Amazon credit and would rather use that...then the choice is yours. 8-)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#235 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hopefully they will, considering I DID pre-order the game from them w/ one of those codes, but then cancelled it since I figured I'd be getting the SGPE.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#236 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

Atlus USA's twitter says they're officially sold out https://mobile.twitt...752801701629952 but somehow I'm not having any trouble adding the premium edition to my cart on GameStop's website. Weird
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#237 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

Yeah.. physical stores are not taking pre-orders anymore so tells you that unless you pre-ordered really early, chances are your Gamestop pre-order will be cancelled. Amazon sold out within a day I think after they made it available, everyone who was not able to get it went with Gamestop and they probably oversold this.

like i posted weeks ago (seems like weeks ago) gamestop over sold major time (at least that is what the worker told me) mostly only instore orders will be HONOR then what is left will go to online .. so unless you got in very early expect a Backorder and then a cancel notice like 30 days later
WOOOO I STINK

#238 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

Atlus USA's twitter says they're officially sold out https://mobile.twitt...752801701629952 but somehow I'm not having any trouble adding the premium edition to my cart on GameStop's website. Weird

Can you check out? Apparently, that's when they tell you that you the item is sold out.

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#239 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

I was wondering why this wasn't sold out yet, looks like it is now.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#240 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

slidecage was right way back when. I read somewhere the other day (don't remember if it was Atlus forums or NeoGAF) that people are already getting cancellation e-mails. So, hopefully that first Monday morning was early enough for me.