Photo
- - - - -

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Complete Classic Series $99.98 (Out November 13th)

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#91 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

do you guys actually watch this or just set it on some mantle and stare at? It would be cool to have, but i'll never watch it.

#92 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

Nice set. If I had free money I would get this! Anyone know if they have or will have a complete Xmen animated series from the 90s?

All this talk about old school stuff is making me think of all the cool shows of the 90's.

Ronan warriors, VR Trooper (not a cartoon, but kind of like power rangers)
Time trax, Sonic (more darker tone), Super mario (cant remember , but had like a live Sgt. intro and sometimes plumbers mario. I remeber seeing later on they had rancoon mario and cape mario, but I just cant remember since its been so long...it was a show)

I wish I could jump on this, but spend so much money.

#93 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

do you guys actually watch this or just set it on some mantle and stare at? It would be cool to have, but i'll never watch it.

Yeah, its not so much for watching as much as owning a major piece of my childhood and recapturing those memories in an awesome collector's set. I'll probably watch them at some point, definitely watch them with kids if I have kids of my own several years down the line. It's not exactly a cheap thing to own, but for me, TMNT was the absolute tops of my childhood entertainment above everything else so it's worth it.

#94 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

All this talk about old school stuff is making me think of all the cool shows of the 90's.

Ronan warriors, VR Trooper (not a cartoon, but kind of like power rangers)
Time trax, Sonic (more darker tone), Super mario (cant remember , but had like a live Sgt. intro and sometimes plumbers mario. I remeber seeing later on they had rancoon mario and cape mario, but I just cant remember since its been so long...it was a show)

I wish I could jump on this, but spend so much money.

I liked the chili dog eating Sonic, the dark one didn't hold up as well when I re-watched it recently. Super Mario Bros. Super Show is still amazing though! VR Troopers and Super-Human Samurai Cyber Squad I haven't seen since they originally aired sadly. I can't remember the Mario cartoon that had Bowser and his kids, but that rocked as a kid!

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#95 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

VR Troopers was so horrible. I couldn't even watch it as a kid. Even Beetleborgs > VR. Ronin Warriors was pretty badass though, almost completely forgot about it.

#96 controlcommerce

controlcommerce

My Sega CD broke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

Saw this too late. Any other coupon codes by chance?

Posted Image

#97 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

I liked the chili dog eating Sonic, the dark one didn't hold up as well when I re-watched it recently. Super Mario Bros. Super Show is still amazing though! VR Troopers and Super-Human Samurai Cyber Squad I haven't seen since they originally aired sadly. I can't remember the Mario cartoon that had Bowser and his kids, but that rocked as a kid!

that 26 episode saturday morning sonic show where has the ring and loves chili dogs i thought has held up fairly well.....sorry no idea which sonic you are referring too lol

TMNT honestly i have a few of the single volumes and the show really does not hold up well lol. granted its miles better than your current modern crap of kids cartoons but eh

#98 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

that 26 episode saturday morning sonic show where has the ring and loves chili dogs i thought has held up fairly well.....sorry no idea which sonic you are referring too lol

Probably referring to Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, the comedic weekday Sonic cartoon.

TMNT honestly i have a few of the single volumes and the show really does not hold up well lol. granted its miles better than your current modern crap of kids cartoons but eh

With all due respect, I wholeheartedly disagree. Avatar/Legend of Korra, Adventure Time, both the 4Kids and Nickelodeon TMNT cartoons, Young Justice, Teen Titans, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Ben 10 (any of them), Wolverine and the X-Men, Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Transformers Animated/Prime, G.I. Joe Renegades, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and Star Wars: Clone Wars are all worlds better than the original TMNT cartoon. It helps that most cartoons nowadays are being targeted at tweens/teens thanks to Toonami. That also isn't counting anime.

#99 merobb

merobb

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

You listed the Nick TMNT as better than the original TMNT?

I dunno what world you are on.

#100 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Man, I am going to watch the shit out of this on xmas day. All day! I'm only upset that I know what will be under those wrappers. Eh, I'll play dumb and try to surprise myself.

#101 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

You listed the Nick TMNT as better than the original TMNT?

I dunno what world you are on.

It isn't better than the 2K3 series and I am not a big fan of the art style or animation, but the writing and plots are much better than the original show.

#102 steve_dave

steve_dave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Ordered from B&N but won't ship until the 17th. I thought it was in stock when I bought it.

#103 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Still wish they'd re-release the 2K3 TMNT series into a complete set. The original dvd releases were an absolute mess.
Posted Image

#104 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Still wish they'd re-release the 2K3 TMNT series into a complete set. The original dvd releases were an absolute mess.

Well, Seasons 1, 2, 5, and 6 were all released completely (though hard to find now) but 4Kids terminated the contract before they could be completed. I would settle for Seasons 3 and 4 in sets.

#105 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Got my TMNT set in the mail today. The factory seal was a little sloppy, but other than that this looks cool. Thankfully B&N packaged it decently enough so it wasn't damaged in transit.

#106 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

yeah, got mine today too. If anyone was thinking about keeping this sealed, I highly suggest you open it very carefully to examine the contents. Almost all of my discs were out of the slots and pushed together one way or another. This ripped and smushed together the foam lining at the top, but I was able to spread it out again. I examined each disc while putting it back into its slot and all seemed fine. My son then started to push the van around the table, pretty neat that the wheels actually spin! This is the best collectors set of anything I have ever bought, maybe even rivaling some of my favorite video game CE's..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#107 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

Mine came today as well. Outer packaging looked fine, but, I didn't have time to open it up and check the discs.