ps3 madden league disscussions, join "cheap azz gamers" madden community

[quote name='pbnate88']Is there even enough interest for ps3? seems we never have enough. I'd love to be in one/help run[/QUOTE]

Sadly this seems true. 360 board has so much more activity.

[quote name='pbnate88']If it wasn't for gamesharing I'd be back on xbox lol[/QUOTE]

And if it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.

360 is definitely the way to go if you want to participate in a CAG league. I had the opportunity to participate in both leagues last year over there and both were fantastic experiences with a good group of players.

It takes a lot of hard work and dedication for someone to oversee and commish a league though. I got it on the PS3 this year because I knew my schedule was not going to allow me to play on a consistent schedule that is needed for a league. I also have a few friends of mine picked it up on PS3 as well.

We may not have a league going, but it doesn't mean we can't add each other and try to play some games. I would be down for that.

Anyhow, I am off to finally try it out. I hope it is as good as everyone says. :D

[quote name='waldo21212']And if it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.[/QUOTE]

:applause: It's rare to ever find a place to quote that line.

Would love to be a part of a league. But thanks to the newborn, there's no guarantee I could do it. Though if anyone wants to add me just to play once in a while, I'm up for that.

Played a game online..it went pretty smooth. Dude picked the Jags so I scrambled to find a comparable team and chose the Titans (first time ever playing as them). I felt sorry for the guy, he couldn't figure out how to pass on zone coverage and threw 5 INTs. I just ran the ball the entire 2nd half to keep the clock moving and won 42-0 behind 200 yards and 5 TDs from Chris Johnson. He was a trooper and didn't rage quit, or start playing like a bitch, so I gave him some big time props.

The gameplay does seem to be improved. The players react more and their physics are largely improved. It is the best Madden in terms of players reacting realistically. I mean that in several different ways. How players respond to passes, to fakes, how they trip over each other and how they respond when tackling. It feels less like running into the opposing player to tackle them and more reacting to their movements and wrapping them up.

I then spent some time playing around with the new franchise mode. I am largely unimpressed thus far as I don't really care about them trying to force me to do the stuff I want (practice, play game scenarios) just so I can play a season and try to manage a team. If you're big into the scenarios and practicing, and like getting XP to just do things you can do anyways, then there is a lot to like I imagine.

[quote name='Yanksfan']
I then spent some time playing around with the new franchise mode. I am largely unimpressed thus far as I don't really care about them trying to force me to do the stuff I want (practice, play game scenarios) just so I can play a season and try to manage a team. If you're big into the scenarios and practicing, and like getting XP to just do things you can do anyways, then there is a lot to like I imagine.[/QUOTE]

Are you unable to skip past the practicing, preseason, reg season, etc?

[quote name='4thHorseman']Are you unable to skip past the practicing, preseason, reg season, etc?[/QUOTE]

You can, I did phrase that poorly. It is just the exact same franchise mode it always has been if you do. So while that is good, but I am letdown because a big thing for this year was how they were revolutionizing the franchise mode and it just feels like a fluff to me (so far). It took them 2 years to do this? (they started working on this mode right after Madden 11)

[quote name='4thHorseman']
Would love to be a part of a league. But thanks to the newborn, there's no guarantee I could do it. Though if anyone wants to add me just to play once in a while, I'm up for that.[/QUOTE]

I will add you the next time I log on. I also have a newborn, so that is also limiting my ability to play in a league.

I will add you guys to my list so we can play. Also I did start an Online connected careers league, but it isn't gonna be organized at all. Just me and a couple buddies from work playing whenever we have time. Feel free to join, search for rocktenn.

I also made a community called "Cheap Azz Gamers " (note the z 's) whoever joins can see others Online in the community and compare stats and play games. Also for the connected league I'm going to start the season sometime tomorrow, so get in quick if interested.

[quote name='ritchardf']I also made a community called "Cheap Azz Gamers " (note the z 's) whoever joins can see others Online in the community and compare stats and play games. Also for the connected league I'm going to start the season sometime tomorrow, so get in quick if interested.[/QUOTE]

Accepted your friend request and joined the community. I wish we could see each other's stats easier. I also am curious how the W-L thing in the community works. Do we have to challenge other communities in a specific mode, or does it just start tacking on our W-L after we join?

Miami - I will send you a request next time I am on.

I have to say, I'm much worse with Madden 13 than previous years. I only played one game, but has anyone else had a little learning curve to do well in this game?

Find myself getting intercepted and sacked much more than I ever have...

[quote name='4thHorseman']I have to say, I'm much worse with Madden 13 than previous years. I only played one game, but has anyone else had a little learning curve to do well in this game?

Find myself getting intercepted and sacked much more than I ever have...[/QUOTE]

Did you play a lot of 12? I feel I adjusted pretty well with 13 because of my experience with 12. If you played a lot of 10 and 11, then it will be a huge adjustment as the gameplay is very much different from those versions.

Also, the AI plays the ball much better, meaning passes we felt were good throws before are no longer. I play a pretty conservative approach so I also feel like why that is I have not had too many issues. I have played 5 games online so far and have a 4 to 1 takeaway to giveaway ratio so far just by playing it safe and taking advantage of other player's trying to force throws.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Did you play a lot of 12? I feel I adjusted pretty well with 13 because of my experience with 12. If you played a lot of 10 and 11, then it will be a huge adjustment as the gameplay is very much different from those versions.

Also, the AI plays the ball much better, meaning passes we felt were good throws before are no longer. I play a pretty conservative approach so I also feel like why that is I have not had too many issues. I have played 5 games online so far and have a 4 to 1 takeaway to giveaway ratio so far just by playing it safe and taking advantage of other player's trying to force throws.[/QUOTE]

I played enough of 12 to realize I'm much better at that than 13. The game in 13 probably didn't help that it was a rain game causing my players to fall everywhere. But it seemed like every time I hit the button to pass the ball, nothing would happen and I would have to hit it one or two more times. Not sure if it's me or something new implemented in the game.

Running wise, I haven't had too many problems. Find myself running into the back of my own player and unable to get around him. On defense, every time I shift to a new person, I seem more out of whack than what I remember. I had many opportunities to get a sack in the backfield, but when I shift, I run past the player or go the other way. It's weird. May have to play more just to get the hang of it.

[quote name='4thHorseman']I played enough of 12 to realize I'm much better at that than 13. The game in 13 probably didn't help that it was a rain game causing my players to fall everywhere. But it seemed like every time I hit the button to pass the ball, nothing would happen and I would have to hit it one or two more times. Not sure if it's me or something new implemented in the game.

Running wise, I haven't had too many problems. Find myself running into the back of my own player and unable to get around him. On defense, every time I shift to a new person, I seem more out of whack than what I remember. I had many opportunities to get a sack in the backfield, but when I shift, I run past the player or go the other way. It's weird. May have to play more just to get the hang of it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, sounds like with a couple of games, none of those will be real issues for you anymore. Of course, I still mess up with overshooting players at times. I thought my running game was doing better this year, but I have only had success with Chris Johnson. I had a terrible game with the Packer running game (understandable), but also was only average with Arian Foster, which really shocked me. I will try the Texans a few more times to see if I can do better as I like their team overall.

Also, will add you tonight to my friends list. Hoping to get a chance to play a few CAGs sometime even with a newborn at home.

I have noticed some of my sloppier passes are getting picked off, especially on the comeback and out routes. The
linebackers sit on my slant routes a lot more too. I played one game as the chiefs vs the falcons and they were crushing me til I knocked Turner and Gonzalez out of the game. I haven't played more than a handful of games in madden for years though.

[quote name='4thHorseman']I have to say, I'm much worse with Madden 13 than previous years. I only played one game, but has anyone else had a little learning curve to do well in this game?

Find myself getting intercepted and sacked much more than I ever have...[/QUOTE]

man, if i knew there were actual interest from the ps3 side, i would of preorder the game. lol. cuz, comparing the ps3 to the xbox 360 forum. this side is pretty dead

[quote name='YBX87']man, if i knew there were actual interest from the ps3 side, i would of preorder the game. lol. cuz, comparing the ps3 to the xbox 360 forum. this side is pretty dead[/QUOTE]

You can find good leagues on the PS3, just not here on CAG. I got it on PS3 this year to play with a few specific people I know, and I am actually pleasantly surprised to see there is some interest here on CAG this year to have a small community and play some games.

[quote name='Yanksfan']You can find good leagues on the PS3, just not here on CAG. I got it on PS3 this year to play with a few specific people I know, and I am actually pleasantly surprised to see there is some interest here on CAG this year to have a small community and play some games.[/QUOTE]

but still, in general the xbox 360 forum are always more lively, over here is like a ghost town

Anyone play MUT? It's been years since I've played Madden and I'm hooked on this game mode. So addicting. I got 2 All-Pro packs last night and pulled a Top Rated Limited Edition +1 Matthew Stafford. I was pretty damn happy.

If anyone wanted to start a league I'd be down for one. As long as I get to play with my Colts.

[quote name='Miami_13']Anyone play MUT? It's been years since I've played Madden and I'm hooked on this game mode. So addicting. I got 2 All-Pro packs last night and pulled a Top Rated Limited Edition +1 Matthew Stafford. I was pretty damn happy.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, pretty much all i play is UT, though i havent got as lucky as you with my cards, seems the only elite cards i get are coaches, blah

I still need to improve my defense, any tips or know any websites that would help?

And no I'm not talking about nano blitz or shaking.

It feels great to me. I can even get interceptions on defense. Game feels like a 2004-2008 madden. What level are you playing on?

I'd like to play, I'm a total newbie to Madden tho. If anyone wants to play, add me on PSN @ therealdanhill

Maybe send me a PM on here first, because that goes right to my email and I'm not on PS3 much. Or send me a message on AIM @ invasionofapathy. I really want to get better at it.

bread's done
Back