Cheetahmen: The Creation (NES) 50% Off with Purchase

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 Darkas

Darkas

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

Can somebody take this shit out of here please?

Who the Fuck is gonna pay money for such a shitty game? why would anybody do it, is not even worthy for people who collect NES because they like the original shit and not some fan-made shit.

Get it out, GET THIS SHIT OUT OF HERE!

#32 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

The video alone should make people boycott this project. The only thing even remotely redeeming is that the little skinny guy from the beginning of the video looks like a fucking Muppet.

Have any of these Kickstarter projects even been completed and the people who pledged to get them going received their products yet?

I hate this new Kickstarter trend and I can't believe the way people throw away their money on crap like Ouya or iPhone watches, but there have been a few projects here and there actually worthy of funding. Fuck people like DoubleFine and Penny Arcade who don't actually need the money, but there are some great indie projects that wouldn't be happening if it weren't for crowd funding. They are definitely the minority, though.

And for what it's worth, I've received one item I backed and I currently have a game on the way to my house.

#33 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

Because I like to put my money towards quality products. I work hard for my money, I want the products out there to earn my money's attention as well.

And let's be real about this: Just because the Angry video Game Nerd highlighted this game, does not mean you should trip over yourself to buy it, or it's sequel.

But I guess to each his own. One man's shit is another man's chocolate fudge sundae. So, bon appetit.

AVGN actually took it back, said he didn't do enough research and that he actually isn't behind the project.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#34 Nico8912

Nico8912

Claptrap's Minion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

AVGN actually took it back, said he didn't do enough research and that he actually isn't behind the project.

Wrong. http://cinemassacre....ahmen-2-update/

#35 mindatlarge

mindatlarge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

For the world's economy to be in the proverbial shitter, it's amazing what its inhabitants will spend their money on.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 2 (PS2) / On Preorder: Ni no Kuni (PS3)
myndatlarge.png card.png mindatlarge.png?7190

#36 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

Another vote for this.

This is an incredible scam. All he is doing is putting a readily available, hacked ROM on a cart. The people who donated to this are suckers of epic proportions, most of which are from NintendoAge, so that'll give you an idea on the kind of winners who flock to that shithole.

Most are doing it on the pretext that these are going to be worth something, when they are the sole market so clearly the value is, at best, going to stay at what they paid.

It's ridiculous that this guy has any support at all after his first repro release, which cost MINIMUM $200.

It's just a sad situation over all. You'd like to think logic would win out and this guy would be laughed into the next time zone. Apparently, logic is dead.

So true.

needler420.png

#37 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Is there a story behind catching your wallet on fire? I would really like to hear it and potentially steal it to pick up women. For the longest time I have been using a story my friend told me about the time he tried to drive his car with a wiffle bat...but your story has so much more potential.

If we get to hear the wallet story then this thread will have been worth it.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#38 SHINOBI_3

SHINOBI_3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

really? it reached the goal without even showin one screenshot from gameplay?.....that game was a joke with good music, its so retarded but i still play it...

#39 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

Wrong. http://cinemassacre....ahmen-2-update/

smashbro is correct. He commented on his channel admitting that he didn't know much about the funding and even had doubts about the cost himself. Of course it was quickly deleted once people started bitching and making video responses.

If anyone really wants to play a complete version of the game there's already a patch that fixes the lost levels. I'm not sure who would want to pay $60 to play one of the the shittiest games ever.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#40 GHX

GHX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

The Creation game is just the two-level version of Cheetahmen taken from the Action 52 prototype, limited to 1500 cartridges with the intention to be a collector’s item. Greg Pabich is intending to do the same with the Cheetahmen 2 kickstarter, offering $60 copies of the game as a deal on kickstarter. In the comments of the kickstarter, he says after it ends, “CARTS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PUBLIC , BUT MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE( THINK 3X AS MUCH)” and “THE GRAND TOTAL WILL BE LIMITED THOUGH TO KEEP THE VALUE UP NOW AND IN THE FUTURE.”

#41 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

smashbro is correct. He commented on his channel admitting that he didn't know much about the funding and even had doubts about the cost himself. Of course it was quickly deleted once people started bitching and making video responses.

If anyone really wants to play a complete version of the game there's already a patch that fixes the lost levels. I'm not sure who would want to pay $60 to play one of the the shittiest games ever.

This is largely for hardcore collectors with money to burn. I doubt anybody is actually getting this to play it.
Posted Image

#42 Sushi7065

Sushi7065

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:06 AM

So it was my favorite wallet (and still is) that I've ever had the pleasure of owning in my life - a $3 clearance NES wallet. Thing was great. Carried my metrocard, my keys, everything. Loved it.

Now I was a cook at the time. Well, amateur cook- fresh out of culinary school. Working 70-hour weeks, learning the ropes, making $350 a week after taxes in NYC- it was not easy. Lived in the basement of some random italian guido's super-nice house outside of the City. All I had to live on outside of work- on my single off day- was pretty much sandwiches and instant noodles. The pan-fried yakisoba variety were my favorite.

So one off day, while juggling lunch with doing laundry, I started pan-frying some chinese sausage for my pan-fried noodles. Totally got sidetracked after putting my laundry in the washer playing a stage of Rez. Came back, and not only were the sausage now lumps of fiery coal, smoke now filled the "living/dining room" of the basement. Panicking, I had no utensil in sight- no lid- all my clothes and towels were in the wash- and water on flash-point oil was not an option-

I dove into the pocket of my jeans, and proceeded to beat the crap out of my flaming pan with the floppy ends of my wallet like an idiot that was apparently born yesterday.

Apparently $3 at Hot Topic does not buy you flame-retardant material.

After realizing the idiotic decision I made, I threw the flaming pile of fabric and reciepts to the ground, shut off the gas (don't even ask why I didn't think of it earlier) and propped open a window to let the smoke and smell of burning polyester escape. I just let that wallet burn in the middle of the tile flooring to a molten pile of nothing, my mind an inescapable void where no sentience seemed to exist.

It was probably the single most retarded thing I've ever done in my life.

Luckily there was no actual cash in it; my license had expired and I only owned one credit card. I bummed a metrocard ride off of someone into the city the next morning and borrowed money from my Chef for the rest of the week until payday came up and my debit card came in the mail.

When my friends asked me about the wallet later in the week, I told them I accidentally left it on the bus.

But you, dear CAGs, know the true story.

And if I ever make it big in the cooking world (I'm a sous chef now for a big-name restaurant in Manhattan), you now know of my very humble beginnings.

#43 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

You people sicken me. How can you call Kickstarter of all things a scam? It's a magical invention that makes dreams come true. If someone is unable to complete their project due to the sun harassing them, who are you to call him/her/it a con artist?

Seriously though, I'm shocked this turd was actually funded. I assumed it would've died, leaving everybody with their money still in hand. I know how fools and money typically are, but this is ridiculous.

#44 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

You people sicken me. How can you call Kickstarter of all things a scam? It's a magical invention that makes dreams come true. If someone is unable to complete their project due to the sun harassing them, who are you to call him/her/it a con artist?

Seriously though, I'm shocked this turd was actually funded. I assumed it would've died, leaving everybody with their money still in hand. I know how fools and money typically are, but this is ridiculous.

:lol:Now that's just funny. Although I feel bad for the 85 people who funded her project and will likely never see anything from it.:-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#45 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

So it was my favorite wallet (and still is) that I've ever had the pleasure of owning in my life - a $3 clearance NES wallet. Thing was great. Carried my metrocard, my keys, everything. Loved it.

Now I was a cook at the time. Well, amateur cook- fresh out of culinary school. Working 70-hour weeks, learning the ropes, making $350 a week after taxes in NYC- it was not easy. Lived in the basement of some random italian guido's super-nice house outside of the City. All I had to live on outside of work- on my single off day- was pretty much sandwiches and instant noodles. The pan-fried yakisoba variety were my favorite.

So one off day, while juggling lunch with doing laundry, I started pan-frying some chinese sausage for my pan-fried noodles. Totally got sidetracked after putting my laundry in the washer playing a stage of Rez. Came back, and not only were the sausage now lumps of fiery coal, smoke now filled the "living/dining room" of the basement. Panicking, I had no utensil in sight- no lid- all my clothes and towels were in the wash- and water on flash-point oil was not an option-

I dove into the pocket of my jeans, and proceeded to beat the crap out of my flaming pan with the floppy ends of my wallet like an idiot that was apparently born yesterday.

Apparently $3 at Hot Topic does not buy you flame-retardant material.

After realizing the idiotic decision I made, I threw the flaming pile of fabric and reciepts to the ground, shut off the gas (don't even ask why I didn't think of it earlier) and propped open a window to let the smoke and smell of burning polyester escape. I just let that wallet burn in the middle of the tile flooring to a molten pile of nothing, my mind an inescapable void where no sentience seemed to exist.

It was probably the single most retarded thing I've ever done in my life.

Luckily there was no actual cash in it; my license had expired and I only owned one credit card. I bummed a metrocard ride off of someone into the city the next morning and borrowed money from my Chef for the rest of the week until payday came up and my debit card came in the mail.

When my friends asked me about the wallet later in the week, I told them I accidentally left it on the bus.

And if I ever make it big in the cooking world (I'm a sous chef now for a big-name restaurant in Manhattan), you now know of my very humble beginnings.

if you ever make it big give a plug somewhere....CAG + wallet story(dont have to tell it just say wallet story).

also that was an epic story. this thread was now worth it.

#46 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

if you ever make it big give a plug somewhere....CAG + wallet story(dont have to tell it just say wallet story).

also that was an epic story. this thread was now worth it.

Here, here excellent story. If you ever find yourself in the SF/SJ area drop me a message as I would gladly buy you a drink.

Furthermore, I propose a new Kickstarter: The replace Sushi's long lost wallet fund. Our funding goal is $10K (we need to make an indie short out of the story as well) and the entry level reward includes Sushi regaling you with more tales of his life (I sense the next Kitchen Confidential on our hands). I can't confirm it, but for the next level I am thinking we have Cheapest send a personal PM telling you just how stupid you are for participating in a Kickstarter.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#47 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:53 AM

Half off if you add $99....

Fuck you OP, damn litter bugs.

#48 Zapf

Zapf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

Half off if you add $99....

Fuck you OP, damn litter bugs.

The normal price of Cheetahmen: The Creation is $200. I'm sure you can figure out the rest for yourself.

#49 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

Why is this entire Kickstarter written in caps?

#50 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

:applause:

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#51 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

Or pay much less for a game that not only looks a hell of a lot better but is much more deserving of the funding: http://www.kickstart...a/project-giana

4 days left and still needs just under $25k. Thanks to TheLongshot for bringing that to my/our attention in the Giana Sisters DS thread

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#52 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

Some or most of these kickstarter's(,why should we use our own $$$ when we could find a few suckers to help fund us) are just another form of internet/digital begging. Maybe I should start a kickstarter to help someone pay off the good amount of debt I owe.

#53 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

Or pay much less for a game that not only looks a hell of a lot better but is much more deserving of the funding: http://www.kickstart...a/project-giana

4 days left and still needs just under $25k. Thanks to TheLongshot for bringing that to my/our attention in the Giana Sisters DS thread

I love the Giana Sisters and that indeed does look like a fun game, but I wish they could've done something a bit more original. I guess that's silly considering the game's origins, but meh.

Some or most of these kickstarter's(,why should we use our own $$$ when we could find a few suckers to help fund us) are just another form of internet/digital begging. Maybe I should start a kickstarter to help someone pay off the good amount of debt I owe.

You can't; it would never get approved. You could do that on Indiegaga, though. I know you're not being entirely serious, but people have made quite a bit of money by doing similar things. One woman got something like $600,000 for a vacation.

#54 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

You can't; it would never get approved. You could do that on Indiegaga, though. I know you're not being entirely serious, but people have made quite a bit of money by doing similar things. One woman got something like $600,000 for a vacation.

Was she hot?

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#55 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

Not from what I remember. She was a bit of a dumpy older woman, I believe, but people felt bad for her because one of the kids on her bus (she was the driver) punched her or something. I clearly didn't pay enough attention.

EDIT: It looks like she was just a monitor, not the driver. And I guess there was only verbal abuse, not physical. And apparently it was $700,000...
http://www.indiegogo...eforkarenhklein

Edited by ZombieToast, 28 August 2012 - 01:51 AM.

#56 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

Not from what I remember. She was a bit of a dumpy older woman, I believe, but people felt bad for her because one of the kids on her bus (she was the driver) punched her or something. I clearly didn't pay enough attention.

EDIT: It looks like she was just a monitor, not the driver. And I guess there was only verbal abuse, not physical. And apparently it was $700,000...
http://www.indiegogo...eforkarenhklein

Ohhhh, THAT woman. haha. If that hadn't become a huge deal in the media for all of a week, she probably wouldn't have scored 1/100 of that. Not to say she didn't deserve a good time after that humiliation, but... it's funny how these things work.

#57 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

This is largely for hardcore collectors with money to burn. I doubt anybody is actually getting this to play it.

this will never have value as a collectable

#58 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

Have any of these Kickstarter projects even been completed and the people who pledged to get them going received their products yet?

My company did a campaign for our game, Saturday Morning RPG, and we've finished the game. We've got most of the remaining rewards in the packing phase right now. So yes, Kickstarter is not a scam and most of these people WILL follow through.

#59 Schildkrote

Schildkrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

Still more proof that people would pile all their money up in the yard and set fire to it if someone asked them to do so via Kickstarter.

#60 dkcecil

dkcecil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

:lol:I think I speak for a good portion of the CAG community when I say that Kickstarter threads should be banned from the site forever. Most of them are for vaporware or crap that looks absolutely horrendous, but yet sucke....errrrr I mean 'gamers' fall for these things all the time.

You don't speak for me either.

Hundreds of Kickstarters have been completed and the people have received their products. This isn't a fly by night thing, they have been doing this for years. It only recently came to the attention of the gaming community because of Tim Schafer's kickstarter.

The bottom line is that some games (and other products) just can't get funding the traditional way for whatever reason, so they are getting funding this route. If people believe in the product then they will support them with their dollars. The thing is you have to be careful with what you put your money towards...like anything. There are some major vets in the business (Brian Fargo, Jordan Weisman, Al Lowe) who are putting together products that they have been trying to make for years but weren't able to do it with publishers. Kickstarter opened up an avenue that will allow then to market directly to the consumer to get the end result.

While there may be some people out there looking to make a quick buck or deliver an inferior product, you will find that anywhere. You have to be smart and only invest in Kickstarters that are either:

a) Created by trustworthy industry veterans
b) sound interesting enough that you wish to support
c) have a low enough entry that you are willing to deal with the loss (say, if it's like $10 you would be more willing to write it off)

I met with the creators of the site earlier in the year at PAX east and they had hundreds of people there (at their panel) that were overwhelmed at the potential the site had. They also had many people there that promoted their creations that wouldn't have happened without Kickstarter. (The awesome card game "Cards Against Humanity" for example)

The Cheetahman issue is simply a niche thing. Kind of like the restoration of Manos: The Hands of Fate. Why would someone invest in something so crappy? Well, because some people just enjoy things that others consider terrible. It's as simple as that.

No one is twisting your arm to invest in anything Kickstarter. It is there for the people who want them. The only thing I can see as wrong was this being posted in the wrong forum.

So no, I don't think Kickstarter threads should be banned from the site simply because 1 person doesn't understand how the whole thing works.
Like old school horror and B movies? Check this out.
http://www.goodbadflicks.com/