Photo
- - - - -

Borderlands CAG Co-op

• Please log in to reply
629 replies to this topic

Poll: Who are you playing as?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Who are you playing as?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#391 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

That turret comes in handy. I think our play styles compliment each other.

You guys kill and I heal.

#392 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

7 levels for me, 45-52. Glad you were helping us koopa. Velo and I wouldn't have stood a snowballs chance in hell together. You carried us the whole time. It wasn't until I hit 51 or so before I started doing actual damage.

Damn, you went through 7 late levels in one session? I wish I could do co-op but I don't like rushing through missions and I'm a completionist so I gotta do every single little side mission as well.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#393 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

it was even miracle that sleeping dogs was released, it was originally under activision, and they canceled it. then square enix picked it up

Yeah. It was originally a True Crime game. I know the whole back story behind the game. It just seems weird to me that they wouldn't put some form of multiplayer into it. Then again, Squenix didn't put mp in Just Cause 2 and that game was still really good without it. Albeit some folks programmed a multiplayer free roam clusterfuck mode for PC for JC2 now.

But according to Jodou it's like unranked deathmatch, where everybody is trying to kill everyone else and that sorta thing just annoys the Fuck outta me.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#394 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

MP in Just Cause 2 should've been: 48-player matches, 16 players per area on the same map.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#395 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

yep 6 levels for me, 45->51. i know we will get 61 if we want it, farming crawmerax soon enough.
i did nothing last night, i was dead weight the whole time. having enemies out of your level range is just trouble enough to stay alive, like brodaz said, i barely touched them til the last 20 minutes or so.

ill try to knock out a few knoxx sidemisisons today so i am more up to level.
it was particularly bad for my skill layout, of which there are no skill reset points on the dlc, ugh, so i was stuck with intuition/phoenix/ and girl power and my catalyst mod, which was nice for rare items and skill cooldown, but i never got a kill so my powers were never utilized. ill respec for later. peace

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#396 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Forgive the dumb question, but how do you re-spec?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#397 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

MP in Just Cause 2 should've been: 48-player matches, 16 players per area on the same map.

But that's the thing. It was a user created mod for the PC version. But if Squenix were to have actually created the mp themselves, it would've been nice to be able to switch up Rico's outfit to something camo and then be able to grab a sniper and just hide out in the jungle undergrowth and pick other players off.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#398 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

Forgive the dumb question, but how do you re-spec?

Go to any fast travel pole and hit r1. This will bring up the menu for changing your colors, at the very bottom is the option to respec. (for a small fee)

You should join us sometime. I'm am the same way with missions. I like doing everything. With 4 of us we should be able to find some really good loot playing Knoxx.

Edited by Brother Daz, 07 September 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#399 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

Go to any fast travel pole and hit r1. This will bring up the menu for changing your colors, at the very bottom is the option to respec. (for a small fee)

You should join us sometime. I'm am the same way with missions. I like doing everything. With 4 of us we should be able to find some really good loot playing Knoxx.

Oh right, right, I don't think I want to re-spec, I was just wondering.

And about that, I like reading every single mission log when it's handed to you and when it's completed and I generally take my time through the missions. That's why I don't really do co-op. If they didn't add all your co-op persons open missions to your mission log, then I'd be more open to it. So it's nothin personal, just my personal weirdnesses.

Like right now, it acts as if I already started the Fort Knoxx DLC and didn't show the intro video or any of the intro stuff. That shit pisses me off. Actually, I'm almost done with playthrough 2, I'll just finish it and start this DLC on playthrough 2.5. Probably gonna be hard as Fuck though.

Edited by gettinmoney662, 07 September 2012 - 02:45 PM.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#400 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

i respec about every other time i load up the game ;)

im just concerned about getting the completionist trophy now. every mission and sidemission on knoxx finished. so hoping koopa and brodaz and i can finish all those missions later. like we still need to go give that poor claptrap his repair kit in lockdown palace. also we are supposed to find those midgets and kill them, we mini steve and meat pop last night or whatev, but still 3 to go.

im saving claptraps collectibles, zombie brains and moxxi arenas for my playthrough 1 character and for some other day. don't really feel like boring grinding.

///yeah make sure to back up your saves. i heard knoxx is very glitchy with the missions = loot larceny, super marcus sweep and it's like christmas.
we are supposed to finish all main missions first before doing those two marcus missions. or else the armory will lock up or something and we won't be able to finish it. i heard that if you play with someone that has already done those three missions or even 2 then they will both activate when you go in the armory, but when you leave it will only check one off as being complete, and you won't be able to get back in. so yeah. peace all

Edited by Velo214, 07 September 2012 - 03:26 PM.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#401 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

I think we actually killed 3 of 5 loot midgets last night. I was surprised that we found all three in that last area. I played though it twice on my Xbox and only found two of them.

#402 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Okay, so when I went up against the last boss, it was level 56 and holy shit, it took forever to kill.

Wait a sec, is there no NG++? What the Fuck are people talkin about when they say Playthrough 2.5 then? Oh damnit, it just means the mobs are now higher levels but you're still in the second playthrough. Ah well, looks like I'll be doing Knoxx in the first playthrough to get the full "story" and then maaaybe do it in my second playthrough.

Edited by gettinmoney662, 07 September 2012 - 06:15 PM.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#403 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

just watch youtube if you are looking for the cutscenes. or read the missions/etc?
if you want the whole thing fresh tho, yeah you will need to start a 2nd pt with a new character or start fresh. and yeah i think 2.5 is just after you beat 2.0, then all enemies are your level.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#404 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

just watch youtube if you are looking for the cutscenes. or read the missions/etc?
if you want the whole thing fresh tho, yeah you will need to start a 2nd pt with a new character or start fresh. and yeah i think 2.5 is just after you beat 2.0, then all enemies are your level.

Eh, turns out the only two things I missed were at the very beginning, so I quit my first playthrough run pretty fast cause I knew it was gonna be really boring if I was mowing through everything. Bad news is I think it made it overly hard for me now since I beat the second playthrough but ah well, I'll find out.

And yeah, I know I'm overly anal about these things and it's hard to find gameplay videos without people giving their commentary throughout like I care what they have to say.

*edit* This Knoxx DLC is haaaard. I'm hating these shock troopers. I got a corrosive SMG though so hopefully that helps a bit. I'm also absolutely hating this car combat bullshit, I just try and speed my way through it all now.

Edited by gettinmoney662, 07 September 2012 - 07:42 PM.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#405 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

yeah i hate all that car combat. and yeah dlc is super hard. it's a fantastic change of pace but you really got to level up alot. i started it, and that first assassin crimson guard just destroyed me and all i could do was 0/1 damage, lol. i now know how cheapestgamer feels about being underleveled and weapons not doing shit. lol

i finally got leveled up enough to take on a crimson lance base, and im killing these level 51's, and then typhon this level 54 mini boss pops out and i die 5 times. there goes like 3 million $. lol i gave up til i get some koopa/brodaz help later

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#406 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

brodaz, you got a baby on the way, same as me. do you ever use amazon subscribe and save for diapers and wipes? i have always got 'free' diapers and wipes using my flip money to amazon, but damn, i was pissed they took away 10% savings. now it's only 20% off amazon mom/subscribe and save instead of 30%, argh. ok peace bro

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#407 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

Eh, I found out, it's not that hard, I just came grossly unprepared. On my way to meet up with Moxxi, one of the bandit guys was nice enough to drop me a x3 Caustic SMG. It only does about 90 per shot but the acid totally fucks up the Crimson Lance. Combine that with my corrosive grenades and my turret that shoots Level 5 corrosive attacks and recharges extremely fast and I'm doing much better now.

*edit* Oh yeah, and I wanted to take back what I said about your SMG not sounding so good, Velo. I've never really been big into elemental damage, but man, it's a huge help in certain situations.

Edited by gettinmoney662, 07 September 2012 - 10:08 PM.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#408 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

that is alot of corrosive stuff. iv got a level 5 explosion artifact, but that's just cuz the only other high artifact i have is a level 3 shock. yeah iv been running a transfusion 111, but it seems i should go to a destructive grenade mod considering koopa's gun shots and turrets heal me all the way and i run phase heal. do you run rain or mirv or?

i ran a lilith build with that assassin tree filled out and with phase punch +800%. i thought it would be instant kill, but it seems pretty conditional and wasnt even doing the crazy damage i expected. this may be cuz i was level 52 and doing it on level 54s, but i was hoping 800% would destroy anything. im trying to respec so i dont have to rely on being the main killer to trigger my abilities. i couldnt get a kill last night so my girl power, intuition and phoenix were all wasted slots/class mod. i gotta level up a bit, but a big storm is here, so i probly won't be on for a few hours.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#409 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

that is alot of corrosive stuff. iv got a level 5 explosion artifact, but that's just cuz the only other high artifact i have is a level 3 shock. yeah iv been running a transfusion 111, but it seems i should go to a destructive grenade mod considering koopa's gun shots and turrets heal me all the way and i run phase heal. do you run rain or mirv or?

i ran a lilith build with that assassin tree filled out and with phase punch +800%. i thought it would be instant kill, but it seems pretty conditional and wasnt even doing the crazy damage i expected. this may be cuz i was level 52 and doing it on level 54s, but i was hoping 800% would destroy anything. im trying to respec so i dont have to rely on being the main killer to trigger my abilities. i couldnt get a kill last night so my girl power, intuition and phoenix were all wasted slots/class mod. i gotta level up a bit, but a big storm is here, so i probly won't be on for a few hours.

Well, it's highly effective against armors so that's why I was loading up against the Crimson fuckers. For grenades, I usually stick to MIRVs because I like them the best but since now I'm focusing on elemental grenades, I use either contact or sticky as I seem to have more control over them than the others. Someone was nice enough to drop an x4 SMG with better stats overall than my last one, sweet.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#410 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

keeps getting better over time ;) incremental improvements :)

yeah i need to try them all out. iv mainly run transfusion. i tried out mirv and rain and they were pretty good for scatter. i bet contact and sticky are fun too. or bouncy, lol. i was just using the grenade button as a last resort homing health restore, and if it killed a bad guy the better.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#411 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

Personally I like using rain, depending on the enemy, I'll choose the right element for the job. Definitely need corrosion for crimson lance and alpha skags, Lightening for the aliens, Explosive for spider ants and fire for humans (no armor). I have smgs/revolvers/machine guns of every element in my inventory that I switch depending on enemy type also. All my elements for my phase walk are level 5 and I'll switch those around also. The right element for the right enemy is really important.

Velo, as for your amazon mom question, yes I use amazon for wipes and diapers sometimes. We also have a sams and Costco membership so we usually check prices and go to one of those places. I didnt know they dropped the discount down. Our son has been out if diapers for about a year now do we haven't needed those things. We wanted to have the first child completely potty trained before having a second.

#412 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

Man, I think I fucked up upgrading my machine gun. It fires way damn slow. I am falling in love with SMGs though.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#413 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:43 AM

I also wanted to say, (sorry for the double post, but my ego thinks it's warranted), that I can almost guarantee I thought this game was pretty much boring as Fuck when I first played it and I kinda forced myself through it. It's why I bought the Zombie DLC after my first playthrough and why I joined a bunch of co-op games because I really, really did not want to do a second playthrough.

However, now that I've started playing it again recently, I'm totally obsessed with it. What the Fuck? And it's not like I'm playing much differently before. But anyways, now sadly, I'm really looking forward to Borderlands 2 and might end up buying it before waiting for sub-$20 like I usually do. I might even pre-order for the new class and the Premiere Club. It also helps that it comes out the day before my birthday, which is when my purchase finger gets a little loose.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#414 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

yeah with bestbuy it's 45 pretty much on release and with all the preorder stuff (mostly, not gamestop's slaughter dome) im then gonna trade it in probly if high enough after i play it/beat it for 2 weeks. then i will def get the goty with all the dlc in a year for $30 or so for keeps.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#415 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

yeah with bestbuy it's 45 pretty much on release and with all the preorder stuff (mostly, not gamestop's slaughter dome) im then gonna trade it in probly if high enough after i play it/beat it for 2 weeks. then i will def get the goty with all the dlc in a year for $30 or so for keeps.

That's a pretty good idea. I don't ever trade in video games but the likelihood of this having a GOTY is pretty high, so it would make more sense to trade it in ASAP instead of doing what I did with this one and keeping it, then trading it in when I bought the GOTY for I think like $10-15. The trade-in was probably like $4.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#416 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

trade in should be between 16 and 20, and with 110%, that's not too bad for 2 week rental.
also they said season pass is 30, and i will want to get it, or 10 each. but you know in a year they will have disk goty, plus a sale on dlc. but idk. should be a great game.
+ you get the preorder stuff like the mechromancer and vault hunter pack. so then you could even buy used down the line for cheap and get dlc 1/2 off or whatev.

i keep contemplating trading skyrim in cuz i think they will release all the dlc at once for ps3 with goty, and tiv will drop from 33 to whatever low. idk tho.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#417 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:54 AM

trade in should be between 16 and 20, and with 110%, that's not too bad for 2 week rental.
also they said season pass is 30, and i will want to get it, or 10 each. but you know in a year they will have disk goty, plus a sale on dlc. but idk. should be a great game.
+ you get the preorder stuff like the mechromancer and vault hunter pack. so then you could even buy used down the line for cheap and get dlc 1/2 off or whatev.

i keep contemplating trading skyrim in cuz i think they will release all the dlc at once for ps3 with goty, and tiv will drop from 33 to whatever low. idk tho.

skyrim is def going to have a goty version, just look at dead island. if you start playing skyrim, you are going to have no time to play other games, i heard skyrim has 100+ hours of gameplay.

#418 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

its insane. i havent started it yet, but i got it on release for 45 and i could flip back now for 33.60. that's $10 for a year rental for lots of gameplay. i bet the dlcs would be 15 each, so im just gonna flip back for 33.60 and pay 40 or so for goty sometime.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#419 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

skyrim is def going to have a goty version, just look at dead island. if you start playing skyrim, you are going to have no time to play other games, i heard skyrim has 100+ hours of gameplay.

We'll see, they're talking about not being able to release the DLC on PS3. I wonder how'd that work.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#420 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

yeah, but they also said that about fo3/fo nv dlc. until they released it on the goty disk.

k so i took your advice and am now running as plaguebearer. tearing shit up.
i leveled up also at lockdown palace again, and to give that claptrap fixed up. yeah cheapest he said he would set a stabbing record, lol.
but damn yeah, corrosion acid is the way to go. chews through them like butter.
got corrosion class mod, acid bouncing bettie and an acid machine gun and smg. the other two guns im running are electric machine gun that has ammo regen and blast smg with ammo regen. woot.
also killed those three midgets in lockdown again.

are there any enemies that are resistance to explosive? or resistant to all but normal damage? im wondering if i would be better with that 96 white damage ammo regen or this 48 yellow blast damage ammo regen. idk. peace all

Edited by Velo214, 08 September 2012 - 07:26 PM.

Velo214.png
sig.gif