Photo
- - - - -

Borderlands CAG Co-op

• Please log in to reply
629 replies to this topic

Poll: Who are you playing as?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Who are you playing as?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#421 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

yeah, but they also said that about fo3/fo nv dlc. until they released it on the goty disk.

k so i took your advice and am now running as plaguebearer. tearing shit up.
i leveled up also at lockdown palace again, and to give that claptrap fixed up. yeah cheapest he said he would set a stabbing record, lol.
but damn yeah, corrosion acid is the way to go. chews through them like butter.

Well, for the Crimson Lance guys. When I went to the Lockdown Palace, I switched to all fire.

Bumslie and I did another arena last night and with my new weapons and higher level, I was tearing them up.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#422 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

yeah, but they also said that about fo3/fo nv dlc. until they released it on the goty disk.

k so i took your advice and am now running as plaguebearer. tearing shit up.
i leveled up also at lockdown palace again, and to give that claptrap fixed up. yeah cheapest he said he would set a stabbing record, lol.
but damn yeah, corrosion acid is the way to go. chews through them like butter.
got corrosion class mod, acid bouncing bettie and an acid machine gun and smg. the other two guns im running are electric machine gun that has ammo regen and blast smg with ammo regen. woot.
also killed those three midgets in lockdown again.

are there any enemies that are resistance to explosive? or resistant to all but normal damage? im wondering if i would be better with that 96 white damage ammo regen or this 48 yellow blast damage ammo regen. idk. peace all

Stabbing or meleeing the enemies seemed to be about the only way I was getting kills that last night we were playing. I didn't even realize that was the absolute last boss we were on till I Googled it during the end of fighting him.

I really do wish that they would've made some sorta multiplayer co-op mode for Sleeping Dogs as the varied enemy types are a pita at times on there, especially the grappling guys who grab you and the only thing you can do is roll outta the way of their stomp attack after they've already slammed you. It'd be fun to have other CAG's to brawl against the enemies with since certain fights are taking 3-5 restarts for me at times.:roll:

I've been resorting to the same thing I was doing in BL, that being grabbing a vehicle wherever possible and running over enemies instead of fighting them. :lol:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#423 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

Stabbing or meleeing the enemies seemed to be about the only way I was getting kills that last night we were playing. I didn't even realize that was the absolute last boss we were on till I Googled it during the end of fighting him.

I really do wish that they would've made some sorta multiplayer co-op mode for Sleeping Dogs as the varied enemy types are a pita at times on there, especially the grappling guys who grab you and the only thing you can do is roll outta the way of their stomp attack after they've already slammed you. It'd be fun to have other CAG's to brawl against the enemies with since certain fights are taking 3-5 restarts for me at times.:roll:

I've been resorting to the same thing I was doing in BL, that being grabbing a vehicle wherever possible and running over enemies instead of fighting them. :lol:

all you had to do is trying collecting the health shrines, and collect jade statues in order to learn new moves, and it will become much easier when it comes to combat with multiples

#424 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

Eh. I've been doing that and even hacking the security cameras with some ease now. But sometimes there's 2-3 of those grappling guys and as soon as you get up from surviving one attack, the next one charges before you can block it.

Besides which, nine times outta ten I'm not even using those new moves from the training I receive from returning the jade statues. Mostly I've been spamming square and using triangle only when I see an attack coming and try to block/counter it.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#425 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

hey if you guys / koopa n brodaz / get a high level artifact for a siren, hook me up.
im running this level 5 explosive artifact, and id love to switch to either fire/acid/shock, but highest i have is like level 3 shock. hook me up.

also just got a shield with 1600 shield / 224 recharge. fire burst, but who cares. i like that high shield # tho! added with my +25% diva boost, im over 2000 just shield.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#426 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

hey if you guys / koopa n brodaz / get a high level artifact for a siren, hook me up.
im running this level 5 explosive artifact, and id love to switch to either fire/acid/shock, but highest i have is like level 3 shock. hook me up.

also just got a shield with 1600 shield / 224 recharge. fire burst, but who cares. i like that high shield # tho! added with my +25% diva boost, im over 2000 just shield.

Damn, where'd you get that shit? My shield is like 1250 with a 199 recharge and slow health regeneration.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#427 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

Only artifacts i've been getting are for the hunter or brick. But i'll see what I can do.

Might be on later tonight, I passed out early yesterday.

My shield is weak, 1200 with a 140 recharge. And I just noticed that my best weapon is my sniper rifle that I got at level 17. It still kicks ass though.

#428 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

I have all my artifacts maxed, I don't know where I got them all.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#429 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

i think you only get them in like lost caves/acid caves. maybe rare drops from the spiderants/scythids? i didnt do any playthrough 2 yet, cept knoxx, so i didnt rego through the story. i bet if i did, i would find updated versions.

also that shield was just a random drop, but i might even flip it with a different one i have. i got one that 1200/223 with 30% health boost. even with diva/girl power (+shield % and +% shield regen per enemy kill) i kinda would rather run with more hp because i tend to put points into healing light and my phase time/activation. so even tho higher shield is good, id rather have 30% more life, cuz that increases my base % of healing with phase plus im gonna phase all over and that doesnt help my shield any. idk zone. i like games that make you think like you are thinking, even if its just silly stuff. lol

oh n yeah, of course i changed from plaguebearer to firefly once i realized lockdown palace was all 'psychos'. i never made that jump single player, brodaz and i fell to our deaths, while kingkoopa was the only one to make it inside, lol.

and damn, all that shit on the streets, those flyers and racers that were pissing me off earlier, now im level 55 and i take them out quick. bambam. i only got 1 point in phoenix now, but iv got mass points in phase punch +800% phase melee and mind control, so like enemies are always dazed ;) helps with a speed freak like myself.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#430 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

i think you only get them in like lost caves/acid caves. maybe rare drops from the spiderants/scythids? i didnt do any playthrough 2 yet, cept knoxx, so i didnt rego through the story. i bet if i did, i would find updated versions.

also that shield was just a random drop, but i might even flip it with a different one i have. i got one that 1200/223 with 30% health boost. even with diva/girl power (+shield % and +% shield regen per enemy kill) i kinda would rather run with more hp because i tend to put points into healing light and my phase time/activation. so even tho higher shield is good, id rather have 30% more life, cuz that increases my base % of healing with phase plus im gonna phase all over and that doesnt help my shield any. idk zone. i like games that make you think like you are thinking, even if its just silly stuff. lol

oh n yeah, of course i changed from plaguebearer to firefly once i realized lockdown palace was all 'psychos'. i never made that jump single player, brodaz and i fell to our deaths, while kingkoopa was the only one to make it inside, lol.

and damn, all that shit on the streets, those flyers and racers that were pissing me off earlier, now im level 55 and i take them out quick. bambam. i only got 1 point in phoenix now, but iv got mass points in phase punch +800% phase melee and mind control, so like enemies are always dazed ;) helps with a speed freak like myself.

You don't get updated versions of artifacts, you just need more of them and they upgrade on their own. I actually think they drop from those Badass Elemental beasts, like say the Badass Corrosive Scag guy might drop a corrosive artifact. I don't know if that's the only way to get them though, they might also be mission rewards.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#431 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

in the poll, lilith was down like 11 to 5, now she has the lead. i guess some siren fans are voting but not posting. oh wellz

and im pretty sure you need 'higher leveled' artifacts. i dont know tho, but iv tried using artifacts others have given me and they only work if a higher level, i.e. i can't stack 2 level 20's. idk tho. i know 2 are mission rewards for the shock and corrosive shards quests in the caves. i also remember getting the others in caves from yeah badass spiderants or something. always beastly. peace all

hopefully some co op borderlands tonite, or else im back to mw3 or a rental or something.
i thought i lost my mw3 touch after 2 weeks of borderlands, but i did a few rounds and got 18/3 and 25/5 so im still good ;)
got a reaper and ac-130 within the 30 mins i played mw3 mp today, so wootwoot.

also i do hate how borderlands co op is so strictly tied to levels. like i see zenprime and bumslie and others playing, but i know if we aren't within 2-4 levels then 1 of us will be power kill stealing and the others will be playing catchup. oh wellz

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#432 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

also i do hate how borderlands co op is so strictly tied to levels. like i see zenprime and bumslie and others playing, but i know if we aren't within 2-4 levels then 1 of us will be power kill stealing and the others will be playing catchup. oh wellz

I hate that about Borderlands also. When I joined your game it said I would be missing out on stuff. I won't miss anything cause you just invited me to the Moxxi dlc.

Last night when you messaged me gettinmoney and I were round 17. It took us 2hrs & 45 for that arena. One arena left and I will be glad cause its almost 3hrs of play and no leveling up. I'm still level 20 but I will work on getting higher leveled after.

take it easy

BumslieOG.png

#433 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

in the poll, lilith was down like 11 to 5, now she has the lead. i guess some siren fans are voting but not posting. oh wellz

and im pretty sure you need 'higher leveled' artifacts. i dont know tho, but iv tried using artifacts others have given me and they only work if a higher level, i.e. i can't stack 2 level 20's. idk tho. i know 2 are mission rewards for the shock and corrosive shards quests in the caves. i also remember getting the others in caves from yeah badass spiderants or something. always beastly. peace all

hopefully some co op borderlands tonite, or else im back to mw3 or a rental or something.
i thought i lost my mw3 touch after 2 weeks of borderlands, but i did a few rounds and got 18/3 and 25/5 so im still good ;)
got a reaper and ac-130 within the 30 mins i played mw3 mp today, so wootwoot.

I don't know, cause when I came back to the game at the beginning of all this, everything was level 5 except my fire and I found a fire artifact and just used it in the inventory and it popped it up to five. None of the artifacts I find have levels, now I just pick them up and sell them.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#434 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:38 AM

I actually think they drop from those Badass Elemental beasts, like say the Badass Corrosive Scag guy might drop a corrosive artifact. I don't know if that's the only way to get them though, they might also be mission rewards.

This is exactly where you find them.

#435 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

I hate that about Borderlands also. When I joined your game it said I would be missing out on stuff. I won't miss anything cause you just invited me to the Moxxi dlc.

Last night when you messaged me gettinmoney and I were round 17. It took us 2hrs & 45 for that arena. One arena left and I will be glad cause its almost 3hrs of play and no leveling up. I'm still level 20 but I will work on getting higher leveled after.

take it easy

You wanna try the last one tonight? I'm debating back and forth in my head about it cause my stomach's kinda actin up but I would also love to have it all finished.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#436 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

Hey Brother Daz congratulations on your 1st platinum!

You wanna try the last one tonight? I'm debating back and forth in my head about it cause my stomach's kinda actin up but I would also love to have it all finished.

Let me see how I'm feeling later tonight. If I was to get the last one done tonight I would start around the same time as last night. If thats ok with you then let me know. I will PM you around 9:00 or so.

BumslieOG.png

#437 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

Let me see how I'm feeling later tonight. If I was to get the last one done tonight I would start around the same time as last night. If thats ok with you then let me know. I will PM you around 9:00 or so.

Nah, screw it, we'll do it next week or somethin.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#438 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

and now lilith is winning, lol.

yeah im saving all the grindy trophies for last. i.e.
dlc 1 - 250 Braaaaaains mission
dlc 2 - all moxxxi's large arenas
dlc 3 - all missions/side missions = completionist trophy
dlc 4 - all claptrap collectible = i.e. pizzas, oilcans, claptrap bobbleheads...

ugh, why do the dlc trophies hate us so much? plat was easy compared to these dlc 100%'s...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#439 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:34 AM

For future reference to people just starting the zombie missions, start the Brains missions right away. They're way less grindy if you do them as you go through the other missions. If you wait til the end, then yeah, it's gonna be a bitch.

I think there's a similar one with Tannis and Claptrap parts in the fourth DLC as well.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#440 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:39 AM

yeah that would have been helpful when i was starting it. i finished all zombie dlc and im like where is this tk brains guy? ugh. so yeah. and i knew about it so i was picking up brains all over, but that was wasted, cuz they don't count til you talk to him.

claptrap/tannis was alot easier because they 'force' you to talk to tannis and activate the mission as like the first step. i think they learned from too many people like me complaining about brains! altho i havent seen 1 claptrap bobblehead, so that's gonna be bs. i heard you can farm dr ned trap, but i find it easier to shoot right at minacs ramp when he opens it up and it causes tons of claptrap kamikazes to spawn and die if you are fast enough so lots of stuff. i got all of tannis's parts missions done, now just pizza, oil cans, and bobble heads. ugh

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#441 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:04 AM

yeah that would have been helpful when i was starting it. i finished all zombie dlc and im like where is this tk brains guy? ugh. so yeah. and i knew about it so i was picking up brains all over, but that was wasted, cuz they don't count til you talk to him.

claptrap/tannis was alot easier because they 'force' you to talk to tannis and activate the mission as like the first step. i think they learned from too many people like me complaining about brains! altho i havent seen 1 claptrap bobblehead, so that's gonna be bs. i heard you can farm dr ned trap, but i find it easier to shoot right at minacs ramp when he opens it up and it causes tons of claptrap kamikazes to spawn and die if you are fast enough so lots of stuff. i got all of tannis's parts missions done, now just pizza, oil cans, and bobble heads. ugh

Yeah, I read that the Claptrap drops are all pretty random. I'm not looking forward to that.

I don't know if anyone will know the answer to this, but I read that Crawmerax will always be about 5-7 levels above you. So, for example, if I'm level 58 and go to fight him, he should be about level 63-65, right? My question is, if I activate the mission at level 58, and then go do the Claptrap DLC, level up some more, and then come back after say I'm level 63, will Crawmerax stay at 63-65 or will he now be 68-70?

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#442 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:42 AM

I thought he would always be 4 levels above the host. It's been a while since I've read up on it though.

#443 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

Saw this if anyone wants to take a peak
http://www.borderlan...tree/siren.html

#444 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

I thought he would always be 4 levels above the host. It's been a while since I've read up on it though.

Shit, so he's gonna be a pain no matter what.

Saw this if anyone wants to take a peak
http://www.borderlan...tree/siren.html

After looking at all the skill trees, I think I'm just gonna rock the Commando again.

I just beat the Knoxx DLC. Knoxx was pretty bad ass. Now it's on to the side missions (and Crawmerax), ugh. I hate how there's no fast travel except the very first spot, so basically what I do is play until I finish the missions where I need to be, and then that's when I take my break so that when I re-load the game, I'll be right where I need to be to drop them off.

I got a question about mods. Do they stack? For example, one of my mods gives +3 to Impact. I already have Impact maxed out at 5/5. Does that mean my Impact is now at 8 and I have the corresponding benefits or is it just a waste because it maxes out at 5?

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#445 JN25WIL

JN25WIL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Shit, so he's gonna be a pain no matter what.

I got a question about mods. Do they stack? For example, one of my mods gives +3 to Impact. I already have Impact maxed out at 5/5. Does that mean my Impact is now at 8 and I have the corresponding benefits or is it just a waste because it maxes out at 5?

Yes they do stack. Example: x talent goes 6,12,18,24,30%. Then your mod is +3, which is 18% additional, then your % = 48% dmg, cd reduction or whatever. :D So you can get above the talent pt percentage with whatever mod you're using which is quiet nice.
Posted Image

#446 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

Yes they do stack. Example: x talent goes 6,12,18,24,30%. Then your mod is +3, which is 18% additional, then your % = 48% dmg, cd reduction or whatever. :D So you can get above the talent pt percentage with whatever mod you're using which is quiet nice.

Sweet, okay, thanks.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#447 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

yeah koopa and i beat knoxx last night too. we hardly got any cool weapons tho. so we will take another run in super marcus rush and it's like christmas. i need to put my +rare item drop before we run again.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#448 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

Yeah, I didn't get a single thing worth mentioning. I'm sick of getting rocket launchers.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#449 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

I was hoping for a better sniper rifle but i'm still rockin the level 17 one.

Went to do some more missions and was getting my ass handed to me. Everyone was level 63. Crawmerax killed me in 10 seconds.

#450 JN25WIL

JN25WIL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

So I noticed a little confusion and incorrect information regarding artifacts a few pages back. Thought I would clarify some information that I know to be true from personal playthrough experience and quoted from the wikia. Hope this helps some of you guys/gals out and answers any questions you might have. ;)

An Artifact is applied by being selected in a character's inventory. Upon activation, the artifact will be removed from the inventory and is added to the character's Action Skill as a permanent upgrade.

As higher level artifacts are added they will override their lower level predecessors and only higher level artifacts of any given type can be applied.

All Artifacts are class specific and the level of effect that the artifact grants depends on the level of the artifact itself. The highest elemental effect is level 6 for an artifact with a level requirement of 44.

Usage

The currently active Artifact is displayed in the Skill Tree window at the top, to the left of the Action Skill.

Artifact types can be changed by selecting the artifact icon and picking a different artifact from the drop down list. The list displays the highest level artifact that has been applied of each of the four types, as well as an option for "None" to disable artifact effects.

Artifact bonuses will be in effect until another activated artifact is chosen (e.g. A Shock Artifact and Incendiary Artifact cannot both be active simultaneously; the most recently activated artifact will provide its effect).

With the exception of the Explosive Artifact, Artifacts will decrease damage done, but have a chance of giving the target massive damage over time.
List of Known Artifact Rewards

Mission Rewards

Drops

Level 6 random element: SuperBad non-human enemies (after completion of 2nd playthrough).

Named Wereskags in The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC. Crawmerax in Crawmerax's Lair in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC.

Artifacts of a given elemental type have a chance of dropping from enemies of the same elemental type - for example, a corrosive spiderant may drop a corrosive artifact when killed - which will be of a similar level to the enemy.

Artifacts of all types have have a chance of dropping from Badass/BadMutha/SuperBad Guardians in the Eridian Promontory.

Notes

Playthrough experience indicates that the highest achievable artifact level from Playthrough 1 is element level 4. Higher level artifacts can only be acquired and equipped in Playthrough 2.

While somewhat random, there appears to be a higher probability in acquiring artifacts from high-end random encounters, e.g. Spiderant Kings and Queens.

Artifacts exhibit their element when dropped, e.g. corrosive artifacts are covered in acid, fire artifacts are covered in flames.

Edited by JN25WIL, 09 September 2012 - 04:34 PM.
Added additional information

Posted Image