Photo
- - - - -

Borderlands CAG Co-op

• Please log in to reply
629 replies to this topic

Poll: Who are you playing as?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Who are you playing as?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

I'm off til Wed. so we should be able to ge some co-op done again. I'm just waiting for the better weapons.

@IATCG don't bring in modded weapons. Just stick it out and see as they progress.

I don't know if you noticed or not last night, but I was just trying to run past most of the Skags and enemies to get to Sledge to complete that mission to turn it in. I don't think I have it in me to grind and kill every last enemy I come across both on the way into a mission and on the way out when they fuckin' re-spawn.:roll: To me, as long as I can just run and gun and maybe kill some of them while heading towards the objective that's all I really want.

But don't worry. If I were to mod my save I wouldn't accept any invites to play co-op as I don't wanna glitch anyone elses' game up. But honestly, some of the weapons on my current level(12 I think I'm finally on) seem like frickin' peashooters when you're going up against enemies with decent shields and slow to drain health bars. Not to mention my previous gripe about enemies being 2-5 levels above me.:roll:

That's one thing that I liked about Dead Island when I played that co-op, was that regardless of the level of the host player the enemies were never over your own level.:-#

Maybe one of us could do that vehicle exploit(not a glitch or cheat) to gain 20,000xp(basically one level according to every BL wiki I see) by shooting 100k shots.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#62 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

iv got kids school openhouse til 8pm central. ill be a minutes late.

also yeah don't bring modded guns in. you will level up and find a better gun get class mods etc. just stick it out. dont cheat.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#63 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

I don't know if you noticed or not last night, but I was just trying to run past most of the Skags and enemies to get to Sledge to complete that mission to turn it in. I don't think I have it in me to grind and kill every last enemy I come across both on the way into a mission and on the way out when they fuckin' re-spawn.:roll: To me, as long as I can just run and gun and maybe kill some of them while heading towards the objective that's all I really want.

But don't worry. If I were to mod my save I wouldn't accept any invites to play co-op as I don't wanna glitch anyone elses' game up. But honestly, some of the weapons on my current level(12 I think I'm finally on) seem like frickin' peashooters when you're going up against enemies with decent shields and slow to drain health bars. Not to mention my previous gripe about enemies being 2-5 levels above me.:roll:

That's one thing that I liked about Dead Island when I played that co-op, was that regardless of the level of the host player the enemies were never over your own level.:-#

Maybe one of us could do that vehicle exploit(not a glitch or cheat) to gain 20,000xp(basically one level according to every BL wiki I see) by shooting 100k shots.

For real, you complain a ton. This game isn't hard at all.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#64 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

Personally I think I'm going to pass on the moxxi dlc. I played a couple of the small arenas on the Xbox and hated every minute of it. You have to put in so much damn time for basically no reward. The extra skill points don't interest me much since you don't really need them. Knowing my luck also, my ps3 will freeze and not net me the trophy anyways.

#65 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

For real, you complain a ton. This game isn't hard at all.

Eh. If I shoot an enemy 4x and the fucker doesn't die or isn't severely wounded and it's NOT a boss character, that to me is a pain in the ass game.:roll: The big bosses I can understand taking a while to kill off, but the smaller enemies being so resilient is NOT fun to me AT ALL.

I plugged a couple raiders or psychos with a shotgun at close range last night. It took at least 2-3 shots just to get their shield to drop and then another 3-4 to kill them. In the case of some of the psychos or other higher level enemies it took upwards of 5-6 and that's if I did more than wing them while trying to stay out of their way while they fired at me. Not interested in taking more than maybe 15 seconds at most on a single enemy that's a non boss.

Posted Image

#66 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

^ maybe you should try using a shotgun that isnt so crappy... which is kind of the point of the game.
Spoiler

#67 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

I could or the game could be a lil more accessible to the spray and pray kinda player like I am and less hardcore/grindy.

Posted Image

#68 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

I spray and prey anytime anything is close to me. We need to get you something with shock damage. One hit with one of those guns/grenade and their shield will drop right away. That's what you'd see me run in all fast with Lilith and use my phase lock, I have a shock mod on it, I use that to drop their shields down then plug away.

Edited by Brother Daz, 30 August 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#69 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

That's the thing though. Even in a game like Dead Island, I was using standard weapons more often than not. Most times I would just run past most of the enemies to get to where a mission start point was or back to where we had to turn it in. I'm not really a level grinding kinda person.

I only wanna play the game to actually finish it. I don't care about trophies or what level I am or what kind of weapons I've unlocked really.

Not to mention, I'd much rather hang back and pick off enemies with Mordecais' sniper rifle rather than run in gunning usually. But if we're going balls to the wall kamikaze style, then I'll likely just equip 3 pistols and more than likely miss with 90% of my shots as I try and run past enemies for the most part.

Posted Image

#70 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

Since I know the game like the back of my hand, I could help you out with a speed run. I dont know how quickly it can be done and how many side quests we'd need to do, as to make sure we're leveled up enough for the bosses. If I were to guess, I'd say we could do it in 8-10 hours.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#71 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

Cool. I'd just like to be done with the main game as quickly as possible while at least being able to mow down anything that gets in my way.

Posted Image

#72 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:04 PM

Well, the arenas are super easy when the host is level 12 and I'm level 50, haha.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#73 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

Well, the arenas are super easy when the host is level 12 and I'm level 50, haha.

Yeah its really easy that way, just boring as all hell. I really wish I could just get through them all, the small arenas are a breeze; its the final arena that detours me.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

#74 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

so turns out i did have the KYII mission. I used a modified version of the hacking tool to fix my file and i'm good as new. If fixing my file removes me from pariah status, and you guys still want to play at 8pm central, let me know.
Spoiler

#75 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

brodaz, if we just have 3 players. you could always join at the end wave or so. you still get the trophy/skill point.

also cheapest gamer, you were doing so low damage cuz you said you wanted to skip the side missions so i was running through the main quests with you. if you wanna speed run with brodaz, expect to not be doing much damage and just sitting back as he beats the game for ya. but whatev.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#76 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

I will probably end up helping you guys out, I dont want to just jump in at the end. Thats not fair to everyone else. like I said the first 3 are not very bad, its that last one that'll take forever. I just worry about losing my connection or freezing up towards the end and doing it all for nothing. The one arena I completed on the xbox I did with just one other person so I could see it being a lot quicker with two more people.

Anyways, I'll be on it a hour or so once the wife heads to bed.

87688.png

#77 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

I will probably end up helping you guys out, I dont want to just jump in at the end. Thats not fair to everyone else. like I said the first 3 are not very bad, its that last one that'll take forever. I just worry about losing my connection or freezing up towards the end and doing it all for nothing. The one arena I completed on the xbox I did with just one other person so I could see it being a lot quicker with two more people.

Anyways, I'll be on it a hour or so once the wife heads to bed.

Bumslie said he'll be on around 8 so him, me, Velo, and you if you want to do it with us. We need to do the two smaller arenas, and if you guys want to try a larger one after that, I'm okay with that. If you're helping us with a high level character, it'll be even easier.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#78 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

just got home from school. ill be on in 20. wait up. thanx

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#79 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

just got home from school. ill be on in 20. wait up. thanx

Take your time, Bumslie will be on a bit after 8 so no rush. I want to keep everything the same with the same people hosting and so on because I heard the trophies can glitch.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#80 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:38 AM

I will be on a little after 8. Try to wait for me. I'm level 13. Velo I understand how the DLC works. Sorry about that.

#81 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

oh no prob man, i had no idea at first but yeah all the dlc is linked to fast travel locations. i don't have the list off my head but jacobs cove is zombies, tartarus is claptrap rev, tbone junct is knox (maybe switched on last two) and thunderdome is moxxi. peace man. and yeah i heard same host/character/playthrough etc, so hopefully no glitches.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#82 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

also cheapest gamer, you were doing so low damage cuz you said you wanted to skip the side missions so i was running through the main quests with you. if you wanna speed run with brodaz, expect to not be doing much damage and just sitting back as he beats the game for ya. but whatev.

I actually did want to finish the bulk of the main game, including side quests if possible. But I'd probably be better off spawning one of those vehicles, practicing the stupid dual stick controls:roll: and then just mowing everything down that gets in my path with either its guns or just plain old running them over.

That's how I play BF1943 actually and that's how I'm comfortable playing. Add in some C4 or something else I could strap onto a vehicle to blow it up by a big group of enemies and I'm set.;):D But if I gotta actually practice with the weapons and get better at using em, then I'll pass.:razz::booty:

Posted Image

#83 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

where you guys at?

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#84 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm back to playing BF1943. I tried joining you or BroDaz & it wouldn't let me join either, so I said Fuck it.:booty:

Posted Image

#85 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

where you guys at?

Sorry, I fell asleep, haha, and now it's making me install some game data for some reason.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#86 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:17 AM

thanx. got all arenas done so i got to put a skill point in phoenix finally. woot. that should be fun i wouldnt have had for another level, lol.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#87 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

thanx. got all arenas done so i got to put a skill point in phoenix finally. woot. that should be fun i wouldnt have had for another level, lol.

It's good we got those runs completed. Gettinmoney said the large one is both runs we did but all together. We can complete them tomorrow or if on later.

#88 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

It's good we got those runs completed. Gettinmoney said the large one is both runs we did but all together. We can complete them tomorrow or if on later.

No, each one is double what we did tonight, haha, they're gonna be like three hours each. The problem is, I work Fri-Sun night, so hopefully you guys don't mind waiting for me, but I won't be able to do the arenas then unless you want to start early on either Friday or Saturday.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#89 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:14 AM

No, each one is double what we did tonight, haha, they're gonna be like three hours each. The problem is, I work Fri-Sun night, so hopefully you guys don't mind waiting for me, but I won't be able to do the arenas then unless you want to start early on either Friday or Saturday.

If Velo doesn't mind waiting. I can keep low level. I'm off til Wed. so anytime works.

#90 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

If Velo doesn't mind waiting. I can keep low level. I'm off til Wed. so anytime works.

You don't have to keep low level, you guys can play single player. If you go up to low 20's, I'm sure it'll still be fine. I'm way over-powered for what we've been doing.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif