Photo
- - - - -

Borderlands CAG Co-op

• Please log in to reply
629 replies to this topic

Poll: Who are you playing as?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Who are you playing as?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:54 AM

You don't have to keep low level, you guys can play single player. If you go up to low 20's, I'm sure it'll still be fine. I'm way over-powered for what we've been doing.

Sounds good I sure I won't hit the 20's for a while. I can't wait til I get my character will more skill shots as the upgrades are nice.

#92 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

Tried doing an arena solo,made it to 4-4 and died.

If you guys want to run at it again let me know.

Daz and I did some of the campaign after we split off.

#93 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

thanx. got all arenas done so i got to put a skill point in phoenix finally. woot. that should be fun i wouldnt have had for another level, lol.

I had no idea you get skill points from doing arenas#-o

How many?

#94 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

Sorry to flood the forum so early but is anyone having issues with the mics?

It seems everything is getting broken up, It's hard to understand what is being said.

Reminds me of Wayne's World when they are ordering food in the drive-thru

#95 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

yeah the mics are hit and miss on this game. just 1 skill point per playthrough for 2 possible overall.
you get the skill point for finishing 3 small arenas.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#96 JN25WIL

JN25WIL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

Yeah known issue from day 1 that gearbox never fixed which still bugs me to no end!! I hope it's a non issue in BL2 and no other bad glitches or bugs in it. There's all kinds of silly work arounds that didn't work for me and my buddy when we played co-op. Problem seems to mainly reside with bluetooth headsets only. If anyone is using a bt mic, no matter the quality, brand, etc it will cause everyone issues. My buddy and I both were using the official Sony PS bt's and it was a constant problem.

Supposedly using wired headsets will eliminate the issue. I have a nice wired set now but haven't used it in bl playing co-op so can't confirm or deny if that is a reliable work around. My buddy loves the freedom of the bt and doesn't care for full headsets to game so couldn't convince him to see if that would fix the voice issue.

If you guys try that and it works lmk please. And if anyone needs another for co-op give me a shout.

#97 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

http://www.ps3trophi...-the-Noobs.html

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#98 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

Sounds good I sure I won't hit the 20's for a while. I can't wait til I get my character will more skill shots as the upgrades are nice.

You're running a soldier right?

I like his abilities. I have mine set mostly as a medic.

#99 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Sorry i bailed on you guys the other night. I felt like i was stealing all the kills. That and i was drinking so i didn't have the patience watching new guys kinda wander around (no offense). Short version, this is my third playthrough without ever actually finishing, just trying to plow through the story and dlc. I'm only level 26, I'm sure you all will catch up to me before i actually finish

Definitely want to do the arenas with you all though

#100 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Sorry i bailed on you guys the other night. I felt like i was stealing all the kills. That and i was drinking so i didn't have the patience watching new guys kinda wander around (no offense). Short version, this is my third playthrough without ever actually finishing, just trying to plow through the story and dlc. I'm only level 26, I'm sure you all will catch up to me before i actually finish

How far did you get? I've made it through 2 full playthroughs with the Hunter. I started with the Soldier last week, now at 26 I think.

#101 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

Yeah I think we should be close to where shadow is at now Koopa. Where abouts are you in campaign shadow? Koopa and I have just started doing all the New Haven quests.

As for the wired mic thing, I have two wired mic that dont work with this, my bluetooth doesnt work well either. I seriously have to put the mic right in front of my mouth and talk really loud for you guys to hear me. FRUSTRATING!!

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#102 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

No worries shadow Daz said you were probably bored which I can understand.

@KoopaTroopa thanks for the drop just need to get to level 14 to use it. I will add you later today when I log on or send request.

Now when it comes to mics I was using the Sony 7.1 wireless headset. I heard some broken chatter but when I first got in the game with Daz, Velo & Koopa I could hear you guys pretty clear. Then Daz was having mic problems. I bet Daz doesn't like yelling in the mic as his family sleeps.

#103 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

Yeah known issue from day 1 that gearbox never fixed which still bugs me to no end!! I hope it's a non issue in BL2 and no other bad glitches or bugs in it. There's all kinds of silly work arounds that didn't work for me and my buddy when we played co-op. Problem seems to mainly reside with bluetooth headsets only. If anyone is using a bt mic, no matter the quality, brand, etc it will cause everyone issues. My buddy and I both were using the official Sony PS bt's and it was a constant problem.

Supposedly using wired headsets will eliminate the issue. I have a nice wired set now but haven't used it in bl playing co-op so can't confirm or deny if that is a reliable work around. My buddy loves the freedom of the bt and doesn't care for full headsets to game so couldn't convince him to see if that would fix the voice issue.

If you guys try that and it works lmk please. And if anyone needs another for co-op give me a shout.

I used to use an old Socom 1 headset with the volume wheel and mute button on it. It worked well at times, but other times my friends would always say I would break up when trying to say something. Admittedly that was probably also partially my connection at fault since I have 1.5mb download and a fifth of that upload(ya know, the number that really counts:roll:).

Since I finally cracked open the official Sony headset and used that with Dead Island and Inversion to play through both via co-op I've started getting used to using the in-ear ones.

Mind ya, I really still dislike how they feel. But it's better than hearing 'what?' every 20 seconds.

I was tempted to pick up one of those Rocketfish headsets that're universal from the BB gaming blowout for $13 or whatever they were, since supposedly they work really well. But as it stands I have an official Sony wired one sitting here too that I got with an @Gamer coupon for $5 a while ago to fall back on if I get tired of the BT one.

That's alright. I just noticed the huge openness of the game world and wanted to go exploring. I figured this game was like every other game, in that once ya eliminated enemies from an area they stayed gone. So I figured once we killed everything in an area, then I could explore a bit and loot some shit. I guess not though.:cry:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#104 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

The three sets I have used are: The official wired sony headset (this one rarely picks up my voice, with Borderlands), The rocketfish wired headset that was on sale during the BB blowout (this is the one I've been using) and a rocketfish bluetooth ,that I use for my phone, this one has really never worked well on the ps3. I get a lot of crackling through it and it loves picking up background noise. I really would have thought the official sony wired headset would have worked.

Bumslie, I just close to doors upstairs to my wife and sons rooms. She hasnt said anything to me yet about being loud. Being that she is 5 months pregnant, I know she would have if it was bothering her.:lol:

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

#105 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

The three sets I have used are: The official wired sony headset (this one rarely picks up my voice, with Borderlands), The rocketfish wired headset that was on sale during the BB blowout (this is the one I've been using) and a rocketfish bluetooth ,that I use for my phone, this one has really never worked well on the ps3. I get a lot of crackling through it and it loves picking up background noise. I really would have thought the official sony wired headset would have worked.

Bumslie, I just close to doors upstairs to my wife and sons rooms. She hasnt said anything to me yet about being loud. Being that she is 5 months pregnant, I know she would have if it was bothering her.:lol:

Congrats!

I try not to talk too much, Ps3 is in the bedroom and my fiance was sleeping.

#106 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

That's good to hear about not bugging the wife and son. Also congrats on the new kid coming. When you said you have to speak really loud I can tell the mics were more of an annoyance. When we first played with IATCG I could hear the mic conversation pretty clear.

#107 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

Anyone else have the exp bonus equipped?

I know Velo does, I have a +20%. I switch back n forth to the ammo regen when we aren't fighting or doing missions. Saves us money.

Seeing how much exp we can stack.

#108 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Thanks guys! I'm pretty stoked, just found out on Monday that we're having a girl this time.

87688.png

#109 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

Sweet, now big bro can look after her.

#110 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Anyone else have the exp bonus equipped?

I know Velo does, I have a +20%. I switch back n forth to the ammo regen when we aren't fighting or doing missions. Saves us money.

Seeing how much exp we can stack.

I'm still trying to learn all the all the different weapons etc. So much to learn. Haha

@ Daz congrats on the baby being a girl. That's good to hear bro.

#111 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

I'm still trying to learn all the all the different weapons etc. So much to learn. Haha

I can't seem to stay away from the Sniper Rifles, I think I have one for every element. I think its at lvl 12 and the next closest weapon is maybe 5???

When nobody is on I just loot chests over and over.

#112 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

The elemental revolvers have always been my favorite. I hope I can run across a chimera in this one. It took me well over 100 hours before I found one with my Xbox character. (the only one I ever found) for those who don't know, the chimera is a revolver that randomly cycles through all the elements while you shoot.

here is a example:
Posted Image

#113 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

I don't know which of you it was the other night, but I had my BT headset up in mid-range for volume and somebody made a loud noise and it woke me the hell up that's for sure.:lol:

Otherwise the voice just kept cutting out at first, so that's why I didn't even bother saying anything. Although I rarely talk in a game with folks I haven't really played with before, though that has more to do with me hating the sound of my own voice most times than anything else.:razz:

On the other hand though, if I've played a game with you before and we've bs'd while playing, then I'm a fuckin' chatterbox and you can't shut me up.:lol:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#114 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

I don't know which of you it was the other night, but I had my BT headset up in mid-range for volume and somebody made a loud noise and it woke me the hell up that's for sure.:lol:

I might have coughed without hitting mute. If that was me my bad. I try not to be rude when playing.

Who cares how you sound on a mic. We're not here to judge you. It's just a voice. I always hear I sound trashed but its only sometimes. Communication is a lot easier than checking text chat all the time. There are some people who can text chat just as fast as mic chat.

We're not ones to make a judgement on someones voice. We're all CAGs here.

#115 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

The elemental revolvers have always been my favorite. I hope I can run across a chimera in this one. It took me well over 100 hours before I found one with my Xbox character. (the only one I ever found) for those who don't know, the chimera is a revolver that randomly cycles through all the elements while you shoot.

I had one with my hunter, got it from beating Crawmerax or however it is spelled

#116 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

I always stuck with a shotgun (explosive), but I maxed out my gun level and now it shoots too fast (that's what she said), so i may switch to a revolver for a better paced gun.
Spoiler

#117 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

How far did you get? I've made it through 2 full playthroughs with the Hunter. I started with the Soldier last week, now at 26 I think.

Like percentage wise? I couldn't tell ya, i could look at my trophies i assume and make an educated guess from there. Damn ylod is making me do this all over again. I'm doing the soldier this time as well

#118 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

I had one with my hunter, got it from beating Crawmerax or however it is spelled

I never beat him on the xbox, tried a couple times to do him solo and got smoked each time.

Like percentage wise? I couldn't tell ya, i could look at my trophies i assume and make an educated guess from there. Damn ylod is making me do this all over again. I'm doing the soldier this time as well

what main quest are you on? have you made it to new haven yet? if you have, then we're all pretty close together. I'm down to blaze through it with you guys since you've both beaten the game a few times. I have a lvl 14 hunter and a lvl 7 brick I can use to play with others.

87688.png

#119 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

I feel ya, when I got the RLOD and lost my character I didn't see myself playing this game again.

Looks like CAG changed my mind lol

#120 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

Yeah I think we should be close to where shadow is at now Koopa. Where abouts are you in campaign shadow? Koopa and I have just started doing all the New Haven quests.

As for the wired mic thing, I have two wired mic that dont work with this, my bluetooth doesnt work well either. I seriously have to put the mic right in front of my mouth and talk really loud for you guys to hear me. FRUSTRATING!!

That's but where I'm at