Best shooter for $15 (digital only)?

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
So I have $15 on my PSN wallet and I want a shooter...I see CS:GO is out but that's pretty hardcore. Any other suggestions? I'd like something that still has some people online.

Tried it...just couldn't get into it. I'd kind of like the realism and weight of Battlefield 3 with some of the quickness and speed of COD:MW3.

[quote name='SynGamer']So I have $15 on my PSN wallet and I want a shooter...I see CS:GO is out but that's pretty hardcore. Any other suggestions? I'd like something that still has some people online.[/QUOTE]

Buy a 3 month PS Plus Subscription. Borderlands is free next week and you get a shitload of other stuff.

[quote name='SynGamer']Tried it...just couldn't get into it. I'd kind of like the realism and weight of Battlefield 3 with some of the quickness and speed of COD:MW3.[/QUOTE]

Sound like you described CS:GO. I never Owned a CS before this but I know how good the computer crowd is. The PS3 crowd isn't as good seeing there hasn't been one on the console. I would try to download it from a friend to try it out or play on his. It defintley takes some getting used to but all shooters do.

I used to be a big battlefield fan, over 7 days clocked, until I got bored. But counter strike is my new favorite. You don't worry about being killed from locked weapons or perks. Everything is avaiable for both sides at the start. This makes it focus more on skill rather than what level you are.

The maps are maybe a bit bigger than call of duty but nowhere close to bf; so you do get close and quick fire fights. Also, there is a bot/offline mode to get into the swing of how it plays and the game modes.

[quote name='bjstucker']Borderlands if you haven't played it. Section 8 has a lot of people playing still.[/QUOTE]

I actually decided to go this route. I have enough credit on my GameStop card to get a 1 year subscription to PS+, might as well take advantage of 12 months of free games (in varying sizes and awesomeness). Going to wait until September 4th I think, which is only 6 days away.

[quote name='SynGamer']So I have $15 on my PSN wallet and I want a shooter...I see CS:GO is out but that's pretty hardcore. Any other suggestions? I'd like something that still has some people online.[/QUOTE]

Counter Strike on the PS3 seems to be a bit more relaxed from what I've heard about the PC version. It's a great pick up for the $11 once you're in PSN+

[quote name='Cigarl']Counter Strike on the PS3 seems to be a bit more relaxed from what I've heard about the PC version. It's a great pick up for the $11 once you're in PSN+[/QUOTE]

Currently enjoying Borderlands. I *want* CS but I'm going to wait and see what the CAG PS3 shooter is going to be this holiday season. I want to get back into CAG nights, just waiting to see if they go with COD BO2 or something else.

bread's done
Back