Best Buy ad 9/2-9/8 B2G1 FREE on ALL 3DS Games

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#31 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Don't own a 3DS, so luckily my wallet is safe this week.

What is that clip in your sig? lmao :lol:

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#32 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

Buy 2 get 1 free on full price games is basically the same as 33% off on each, assuming that they all cost the same amount. That does not translate into a particularly good deal to me. It's fine if you are hankering for some brand-new titles that normally don't dip that low in the sales. (and for first-party Nintendo software, this certainly is the case)

Probably not going to hit this one up. There are some 3DS games that I would like to acquire, but I'm not in any hurry, and I'm not sure I feel like spending $80 on 3DS software this weekend.

#33 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Got all the 3DS games I want this year already (NSMB2, KH 3D, Theatrhythm) until Luigi's Mansion 2 comes out. :D

Thanks Midnight for the early AD!

Since Luigi's Mansion was pushed back, all I want is Professor Layton and Pokemon Black/White 2 (which is a DS game, but still).

#34 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

What is that clip in your sig? lmao :lol:

I was wondering the same thing. LOL. All I know is that it's from Community.

#35 ThunderChunky62

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Would BB price match the 3DS games from gamestop sale and still be able to get the B2G1 deal?

#36 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Would BB price match the 3DS games from gamestop sale and still be able to get the B2G1 deal?

That is very YMMV. Best Buy typically doesn't allow for "double dipping" when it comes to deals, price matches, etc

#37 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

Will this work with pre-orders?

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward $39.99 (Not getting my hopes up since Best Buy's online website doesn't even have a listing for it.)

Mario Kart 7 (Never owned Mario Kart DS, should I just skip the DS version and go onto the 3DS version?)

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Also never owned New Super Mario Bros. DS, should I play that version first?)

Not certain. Either way, you don't have to play the former New Super Mario Bros. or Mario Kart. Just jump in at the current versions.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#38 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

Thanks for the early reveal as always MM!
I actually have been looking for some new 3DS games, but I feel that I already have most of the games I want (Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Theatrhythm, NSMB2). The only other games that I think might be worth it are Icarus and Rhythm Thief, but I can't think of another game that I'd want for free. Maybe KH or Pokemon Conquest? Any suggestions from fellow 3DS owners?
Posted Image

#39 masshuum

masshuum

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for the early reveal as always MM!
I actually have been looking for some new 3DS games, but I feel that I already have most of the games I want (Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Theatrhythm, NSMB2). The only other games that I think might be worth it are Icarus and Rhythm Thief, but I can't think of another game that I'd want for free. Maybe KH or Pokemon Conquest? Any suggestions from fellow 3DS owners?

Well, Starfox, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Mario tennis, Resident Evil, Tales of the Abyss, Metal Gear, in addition to Icarus and Rhythm thief that you mentioned come to mind for me. Any other games worth playing on the 3DS that I can think of are cheaper or consistently cheaper when on sale.

#40 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

Super Madio 3DLand and Kid Icarus Uprising havent had sells this good yet. I look forward to playing them on my launch 3DS.

Cant think of a good $40 game for free though so I will most likely just settle with NSMB2.

I dont, think MK7 has had a deal this good yet either. Its a great game, probably my favorite MK to date. Its just missing the boss battles from MKDS and Waluigi.

I picked up MK7 during the buy2 get 1 last year. Also NSMB2 is a great choice.

#41 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

anyone have a clue as to the next 2x or 3x rz points event is?

I need to make a big purchase.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#42 ZeTeny

ZeTeny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:04 AM

Yeah buy another copy of smb2 on the b2g1, return sealed copy back to best buy with the original receipt.

Oh snap, forgot about doing that. I guess I could return the recently 2 bought games that way if I can't figure out a third game.

Buy 2 get 1 free on full price games is basically the same as 33% off on each, assuming that they all cost the same amount. That does not translate into a particularly good deal to me. It's fine if you are hankering for some brand-new titles that normally don't dip that low in the sales. (and for first-party Nintendo software, this certainly is the case)

Probably not going to hit this one up. There are some 3DS games that I would like to acquire, but I'm not in any hurry, and I'm not sure I feel like spending $80 on 3DS software this weekend.

I would say its also a good deal for people that recently bought a new system (like me for example). I bought 2 games when I bought my 3DS (Theatrhythm FF and KH:3D), so if I were to buy 2 games anyways, its nice to get a free game out of it as well.

#43 thegreek

thegreek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

anyone have a clue as to the next 2x or 3x rz points event is?

I need to make a big purchase.

Watcha buyin??

#44 Covnam

Covnam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

These b2g1 sales are great and why I have such a huge DS collection. Unfortunately I've already picked up most of the current 3DS games I want other then NSMB2. I'll take a look next time I'm at BB, but I'll probably wait till the selection is a bit larger for me. Thanks for the heads up though Op!

#45 excellen

excellen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:43 AM

Is there any word on if the 3DS B2G1 is online as well? And will it only work for those few games listed in the OP or on any 3DS game best buy stocks?

#46 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

Watcha buyin??

15" MBP. Probably with the thunderbolt display so I can also add in a second large monitor.

If there's a 3x, I think that's like $200? in RZ points. That's like a free 3DS XL.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#47 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

id be interested BUT i only want mario kart 7 and new super mario bros 2. cant even think of a game i'd want free... that and i dont want to pay full price for either of the 2 games either. so for black friday i shall wait.

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing
:360:
Dishonored

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
:3ds: Bravely Default

#48 Ginger Junk

Ginger Junk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

Is Super Mario 3D Land part of this deal too?

#49 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

15" MBP. Probably with the thunderbolt display so I can also add in a second large monitor.

If there's a 3x, I think that's like $200? in RZ points. That's like a free 3DS XL.

Wow, big spender over here!

Jk, congrats on your purchase! I'm also wondering about that whole $10 GC for every $50 spent: if I buy a 3DS-XL, does that mean I'll get $40 in GC?

#50 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

Is Super Mario 3D Land part of this deal too?

ALL 3DS GAMES- so yes!

#51 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

Jk, congrats on your purchase! I'm also wondering about that whole $10 GC for every $50 spent: if I buy a 3DS-XL, does that mean I'll get $40 in GC?

hahaha. It's not bought yet. I'm *thinking* about it and a 3x RZ event would really help the cause.

Ees7Y.jpg

#52 smurphyzeke

smurphyzeke

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

Yay, been waiting for one of these for a while.

Now I just hope the Best Buys actually have 3DS games. Think of Rhythm Thief, NSMB2 (don't think I could buy at full price), and between Theatrhythm (DLC, ugh), Star Fox, OoT (have it but bundled with OoT 3DS), or KH3D (have MoM bundle sealed).

The games come out to ~$26 each, if originally $40, plus tax. Came out to ~$86 last time Target had this deal.

Edited by smurphyzeke, 30 August 2012 - 02:09 AM.

#53 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

The $10 code for $50 purchase applies to only movies, games, and music. No hardware, points cards, used games, or accessories. See the thread that's always on the first page for more info! :)

#54 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

The $10 code for $50 purchase applies to only movies, games, and music. No hardware, points cards, used games, or accessories. See the thread that's always on the first page for more info! :)

Welp, that's some bullshit. Thanks for the info!

#55 XXXplosive1

XXXplosive1

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

I just bought NSMB2 and Mario Kart 7 with the Toys r Us deal last week but I would do this to pick up other 1st party nintendo games that never go on sale. Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Tennis, and Starfox are what I'm looking at.
Posted Image

#56 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

Well, Starfox, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Mario tennis, Resident Evil, Tales of the Abyss, Metal Gear, in addition to Icarus and Rhythm thief that you mentioned come to mind for me. Any other games worth playing on the 3DS that I can think of are cheaper or consistently cheaper when on sale.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I wasn't a fan of the Zelda remake or RE without a circle pad pro. I already beat Tales of the Abyss on PS2 as well. I'm highly tempted to play Star Fox since I loved it on the N64, but I'm not sure if it's worth even $30 for a remake of such an old game... esp. a remake that did not receive that much TLC.
Posted Image

#57 jwizzle5786

jwizzle5786

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:21 AM

I'll get NSMB2, but after that I dunno what to get...

#58 toper

toper

"ggggbabybabybaby"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:10 AM

perfect timing, just got my xl last week...looks like i'm getting SuperMario3dLand, Mario Tennis, and Zelda.

#59 watchgintama

watchgintama

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

I got my XL w/ kid icarus on the 19th. I could match this deal. But I'm not interested in OoT, KH:3D, NSMB2, SM3DL, or MK7.

Probably would have jumped this deal if Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter were out.

edit: Hmm... now I wonder why I bought a 3DS when I'm not interested in those titles.

#60 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:09 AM

^ Best anime ever. :lol: