Best Buy ad 9/2-9/8 B2G1 FREE on ALL 3DS Games

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#61 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

Is Ocarina of Time 3D the full, and essentially the same version of the original? Never played it and I might buy a 3DS next week with the Kmart deal and I'm looking for a 3rd game to go along with New Super Mario Bros 2 and Mario 3D Land.

#62 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

Watcha buyin??

Posted Image

Edited by MidnightMetal, 30 August 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#63 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:53 AM

This is perfect timing since I just bought a 3DS XL & NSMB2 on launch day so I'll just return the new copy of NSMB2 then get MK7, SM3DL, KI: U, KH3D, SF64 3D. Thx OP!
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#64 soundcell

soundcell

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:29 AM

Well hope everyone got their copy of Madden and is enjoying it, or rather drooling over the Hardened/Care Package Edition of Black Ops 2. ;)

And then there is a listing for Borderlands 2

nobody cares about those bad games.

#65 smurphyzeke

smurphyzeke

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

Is Ocarina of Time 3D the full, and essentially the same version of the original? Never played it and I might buy a 3DS next week with the Kmart deal and I'm looking for a 3rd game to go along with New Super Mario Bros 2 and Mario 3D Land.

I believe so, with most the same glitches, just updated graphics, Boss Battle, and Master Quest, OoT with slight changes.

#66 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

Buyer beware. Kingdom Hearts, Theatrhythm and Rhythm Thief ($30 MSRP even though Bestbuy sells at $40/awesome game by the way) are currently $30 individually at Gamestop if you dont wanna be forced to buy 3 games and is what you're planning to pick-up.

#67 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

nobody cares about those bad games.

ha ha coming from the guy with a video game handheld made for 8 year olds
I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#68 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Mario Kart 7 wasn't that great. Better than Mario Kart Wii, but not as good as Mario Kart DS. It just feels kind of bland, and isn't really that fun. Way overrated IMO- though not a 3/10 like Destructoid gave it, but not a 9/10 like practically everyone else gave it. I'd give it a 6/10. It's fairly polished, just not exciting or revolutionary.

I have to admit though, I'm not really much of a kart racing guy- prefer real racing games.

Couldn't agree more. I'm not much of a kart racing guy either but for some reason I can't resist the urge to pick up every iteration of Mario Kart that comes along. Usually I only play them until I get frustrated with the cheap rubberband AI and then quit. So far I've been enjoying Mario Kart 7 but I've been playing on some of the easier races. Having to unlock the characters by playing the 150cc races keeps it challenging. Giving this game a 3/10 is very ridiculous, as is giving it 9/10. I think a 6 or 7 is fair depending on your feelings toward getting hit with a blue shell right before you're about to win. :lol:

Thanks for the suggestions, but I wasn't a fan of the Zelda remake or RE without a circle pad pro. I already beat Tales of the Abyss on PS2 as well. I'm highly tempted to play Star Fox since I loved it on the N64, but I'm not sure if it's worth even $30 for a remake of such an old game... esp. a remake that did not receive that much TLC.

I'd advise against Star Fox 64 3D. I bought this for full price because it came out on the same day as the red 3DS and I wanted a game to test the system. I don't regret playing it, but the asking price is far too high for such a short game. It takes a max of 4 hours to beat and that's both the traditional way and the harder path. Unless you know some people that have it and can play multiplayer, I'd stay away and wait for $15 or under.

Mario Kart 7 (Never owned Mario Kart DS, should I just skip the DS version and go onto the 3DS version?)

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Also never owned New Super Mario Bros. DS, should I play that version first?)

If you haven't played the first New Super Mario Bros., I actually think you're better off just getting the second one. New Super Mario Bros. 2 is very similar to the first game so I think if you play the first one right before this new one, you'll grow tired of the new one a lot faster. I never finished the first game so I'm enjoying the second one quite a bit.

As for Mario Kart, I don't see any reason to go back to the DS one. I hear it's better than the 3DS one but for me the graphics on most DS games just don't hold up after playing the 3DS counterparts.
Posted Image

#69 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

DAMN IT! I just ordered Mario Kart 7 Tuesday and have it shipping to Best Buy for pick up on Monday. I did it as part of the $50 store pick up using credit from trade-ins. Will I be able to do a return/buy?

Also, I already picked up NSMB2 at Toys R Us during their launch promotion and don't want to return both games. So anyone have good choices for my son that basically plays everything? I'm definitely getting Kingdom Hearts 3D, so I need 1 more. I'm seeing a lot of people posting about Kid Icarus. Or I'm thinking Zelda.
Posted Image

#70 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Couldn't agree more. I'm not much of a kart racing guy either but for some reason I can't resist the urge to pick up every iteration of Mario Kart that comes along. Usually I only play them until I get frustrated with the cheap rubberband AI and then quit. So far I've been enjoying Mario Kart 7 but I've been playing on some of the easier races. Having to unlock the characters by playing the 150cc races keeps it challenging. Giving this game a 3/10 is very ridiculous, as is giving it 9/10. I think a 6 or 7 is fair depending on your feelings toward getting hit with a blue shell right before you're about to win. :lol:

Hear hear! I enjoy Mario Kart 7 but definitely don't find it as "smile-inducing" as Mario Kart DS. The "upgrade" path (carrot on a stick) is kind of silly, and the innovations are middling at best... that said, I do enjoy some of the new tracks and I'm glad they include some favorite from previous game. I'd also give it a 6 or 7/10.

I'd advise against Star Fox 64 3D. I bought this for full price because it came out on the same day as the red 3DS and I wanted a game to test the system. I don't regret playing it, but the asking price is far too high for such a short game. It takes a max of 4 hours to beat and that's both the traditional way and the harder path. Unless you know some people that have it and can play multiplayer, I'd stay away and wait for $15 or under.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking regarding Star Fox. I do like the game, but I can't see how it's worth any more than $10 or $15, but I doubt it'll go that low since it's a first party game. I'm just not that big a fan of remakes that depend so much on nostalgia; if Star Fox 3D game out without being related to any previous game, I highly doubt people would forgive many of its issues.

Currently I'm thinking of picking up either Kingdom Hearts or Pokemon Conquest as my 3rd game (in addition to Rhythm Thief and Kid Icarus Uprising). I'm on the fence because while I enjoyed KH2, I've played the other portable installments with less and less motivation (could not even beat 358/2 days, stopped half way in Birth by Sleep). On the other hand, I haven't touched a Pokemon game since the original red/blue edition, so I'm not sure if I'd enjoy that game either.

edit: oops, I just realized Pokemon Conquest isn't even a 3DS game, haha.

Edited by imac2much, 30 August 2012 - 03:42 PM.
Wrong info

Posted Image

#71 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

Wish the Vita would get some game sales..

#72 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

So anyone have good choices for my son that basically plays everything? I'm definitely getting Kingdom Hearts 3D, so I need 1 more. I'm seeing a lot of people posting about Kid Icarus. Or I'm thinking Zelda.

Should give theatrhythm final fantasy a consideration, very good game.

#73 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Should give theatrhythm final fantasy a consideration, very good game.

Although I love theatrhythm (definitely the 3DS game with the most hours for me), but I think a lot of your enjoyment will depend on how many FF games you've played in the past. Otherwise, it's just a collection of characters, abilities and music that you have no attachment for. They're still good, but the emotional weight isn't there.

That's how I feel even with the different series... although I recognize games like FF8 and 9 had great music, I don't enjoy those songs as much as 4, 6, 7, 11 and 12 because I actually have fond memories playing those games.
Posted Image

#74 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hear hear! I enjoy Mario Kart 7 but definitely don't find it as "smile-inducing" as Mario Kart DS. The "upgrade" path (carrot on a stick) is kind of silly, and the innovations are middling at best... that said, I do enjoy some of the new tracks and I'm glad they include some favorite from previous game. I'd also give it a 6 or 7/10.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking regarding Star Fox. I do like the game, but I can't see how it's worth any more than $10 or $15, but I doubt it'll go that low since it's a first party game. I'm just not that big a fan of remakes that depend so much on nostalgia; if Star Fox 3D game out without being related to any previous game, I highly doubt people would forgive many of its issues.

Currently I'm thinking of picking up either Kingdom Hearts or Pokemon Conquest as my 3rd game (in addition to Rhythm Thief and Kid Icarus Uprising). I'm on the fence because while I enjoyed KH2, I've played the other portable installments with less and less motivation (could not even beat 358/2 days, stopped half way in Birth by Sleep). On the other hand, I haven't touched a Pokemon game since the original red/blue edition, so I'm not sure if I'd enjoy that game either.

edit: oops, I just realized Pokemon Conquest isn't even a 3DS game, haha.

You should Pokemon Black or White (2). It rocks.

#75 jdiknght24

jdiknght24

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

can one of the games be used for the buy 2 get 1 free sale or do all have to be new?

#76 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

You should Pokemon Black or White (2). It rocks.

Unfortunately not applicable for this sale since it's not 3DS haha. Otherwise I'd be interested!
Posted Image

#77 ZForce

ZForce

Humbling Pumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

I bought a copy of Thearhythm last week from BB, will they let me do a return/rebuy along with one other game and get a free one?
Posted Image
Dreams do come true....

Check out my stuff for sale!
Chase the Chuckwagon! - http://www.chasethec...ites/zforceffc/
CAG Tradelist - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189109

#78 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

If anyone is getting in on the 3DS B2G1 free, id go ahead and order the games for instore pickup and grab them now. The 10 instore pickup code ends tomorrow then you should be able to PM when the ad comes out. Am I right in thinking this?

#79 excellen

excellen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

What games have the highest trade-in value? I really only want KI and ToA. May get in on this deal just for the extra game since I can sell/trade it in and still have it be an overall discount.

#80 Ginger Junk

Ginger Junk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Sorry if I already asked this question, but is this deal online, in stores, or both?

Thanks!

#81 ZeTeny

ZeTeny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

DAMN IT! I just ordered Mario Kart 7 Tuesday and have it shipping to Best Buy for pick up on Monday. I did it as part of the $50 store pick up using credit from trade-ins. Will I be able to do a return/buy?

I'm sure you can. However, you have to wait 24 hours after pick up before you can return/exchange it, and you will probably lose the $50 (get $10 GC?) deal, if that was what the $50 you were referring to.

#82 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

I really want to grab kingdom hearts and the new super Mario but my 3ds backlog is huge. I think I could hold off until we get some black Friday deals. ThNks OP for posting!

#83 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:36 AM

Well you could always buy all 3 choices of games.

Return 1 at Walmart (without receipt obviously) so makes the games half off.

Or Return 2 and Get a free game essentially.

god i am a horrible deal shark.

That would be called fraud my not so smart friend.

On another note since I just bought NSMB2 a few days ago when I bought my new 3DS XL I think I'll go ahead and buy KHDDD and get Resident Evil Revelations for free.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#84 Lugi

Lugi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

NSMB2 + KHDDD + Help Me CAGs!

Star Fox 64?
Resident Evil?
Metal Gear Solid?
"Don't get yourself killed. Neither one of us wants to see you go hollow." - Andre

Posted Image

#85 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

Star Fox 64?
Resident Evil?
Metal Gear Solid?

RE R is supposibly a hell of a game.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#86 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

Star Fox 64?
Resident Evil?
Metal Gear Solid?

star fox, zelda. or super mario 3d, or mario kart 7. If you have the other 3 then re is a good choice.

#87 247

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

If anyone is getting in on the 3DS B2G1 free, id go ahead and order the games for instore pickup and grab them now. The 10 instore pickup code ends tomorrow then you should be able to PM when the ad comes out. Am I right in thinking this?

Can someon confirm this will work?

#88 FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:09 AM

Anyone think you can price match Theatrhythm and Kingdom Hearts to GameStop's $30 price?

#89 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

Is the GS price in the ad?

#90 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

Anyone think you can price match Theatrhythm and Kingdom Hearts to GameStop's $30 price?

Just ask them to look it up on the gamestop website, they will match it as long as your local gamestop still have stock available. YMMV on getting the PM and stacking it with the B2G1.