Photo
- - - - -

GameStop Labor Day Sale

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#121 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:34 AM

Went to my 2 local Gamestops and none of them had ME3 CE.

#122 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

Heroes of Ruin worth getting?

The demo didn't leave a good impression.

#123 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

i actually enjoyed the ending after i thought about it. but then again i THOUGHT about it and in that context there is some sense to it. i think i simply approached the ending from a different perspective.

I think the endings are good, my complaint, and what I think is what most who were disappointed feel, is that your choices over the game do not impact the endings at all. Just the galactic readiness meter.

#124 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

I think the endings are good, my complaint, and what I think is what most who were disappointed feel, is that your choices over the game do not impact the endings at all. Just the galactic readiness meter.

thats where i disagree. i look at it from the perspective that the fun of the game was the choices you made. and that....
Spoiler

yea i know you said you liked it but i just thought i'd share why i liked it.

EDIT:

i will say i havent played the new DLC ending i hear is out....but if there is one thing i have learned over the years its when writers listen to fans for creating story arcs and endings 97% of the time what comes of that is terrible and far worse than what was there originally. in short never ever listen to the fans when it comes to writing a story. if youve ever tried to find intelligent conversation in youtube comments this is basically the pool of intelligence you would be pooling ideas from because no matter the forum it will turn into a spitting contest on par with youtube comments.

#125 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

thats where i disagree. i look at it from the perspective that the fun of the game was the choices you made. and that....

Spoiler

yea i know you said you liked it but i just thought i'd share why i liked it.

EDIT:

i will say i havent played the new DLC ending i hear is out....but if there is one thing i have learned over the years its when writers listen to fans for creating story arcs and endings 97% of the time what comes of that is terrible and far worse than what was there originally. in short never ever listen to the fans when it comes to writing a story. if youve ever tried to find intelligent conversation in youtube comments this is basically the pool of intelligence you would be pooling ideas from because no matter the forum it will turn into a spitting contest on par with youtube comments.

When I said they were good, I was taking into account the updated endings. The ones before I thought were pretty bad, just way too vague and short.

Spoiler

#126 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

Went to my 2 local Gamestops and none of them had ME3 CE.

Seems to be everywhere around me via online tracker, this hasn't dropped has it?

#127 junkie88

junkie88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Heroes of Ruin worth getting?

I think it is very much worth getting. The demo did nothing for me but I think the actual game is great. Also if you have the XL it is a much better experience for this game. Since its top down and kind of zoomed out everything fits better on the XL.

#128 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Seems to be everywhere around me via online tracker, this hasn't dropped has it?

The PC and PS3 versions are listed at $49.99, X360 still $79.99

http://www.gamestop....ector s edition

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#129 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

It was posted earlier in another thread that :360: Mass Effect 3: CE was converted to used and was going for $18.99 just like the recent :ps3: Uncharted 3: CE was.

#130 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

I took advantage of their 50% more trade-in credit sale today and picked up Guild Wars 2 without paying a dime. I love that sale.

#131 Jackhole

Jackhole

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

Hey, does anybody know if this sale will be going on all week or just tomorrow?

#132 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

Hey, does anybody know if this sale will be going on all week or just tomorrow?

Id like to know too.. its actually a pretty shitty sale but i wanted to PM the lollipop chainsaw price @ BB. I was wondering if had to do it tomorow or if I could wait

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#133 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

Walked into GS, thought about buying ME3 for 10 minutes and walked out. I haven't even touched ME2 yet, and it'll probably drop to $20 MSRP by the end of the year....

#134 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

No ME3 CE around me, oh well. Would have just kept it sealed anyway, already have the one I paid $80 at launch for :(

#135 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

My 11 year old daughter bought Theatrhythm at GS the other day when she was with her Mom after I told her GS had it for $10 off. When she told me I gave her a big hug and said I was proud of her for being a responsible shopper and saving $10. I held back on calling her a cheap ass since she's only 11.

#136 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

My 11 year old daughter bought Theatrhythm at GS the other day when she was with her Mom after I told her GS had it for $10 off. When she told me I gave her a big hug and said I was proud of her for being a responsible shopper and saving $10. I held back on calling her a cheap ass since she's only 11.

There will be time for that later in her life :D

SI

#137 celegus

celegus

Kupo for Kupo Nuts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

Ah darn, missed the Theatrythmn deal by a day. I PM'd the 3DS XL deal at Best Buy and they just took $40 off, and now that is was down to $30 once, I can't bring myself to pay $40. I did get Kid Icarus for $15 though, so at least I have something to try!