Broken PS3 Slim still under warranty... Any way to extend replacement's warranty?

syclick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The blu ray drive on my PS3 Slim 320GB is screwed. I'm about to send it off to Sony for replacement.

Is there any way to do any better than a 3 month warranty for replacement PS3s?

I've had another PS3 replaced before, and the replacement started having issues shortly after the 3 month warranty. I'd like to avoid that type of situation if possible. Any ideas?

get the two year warranty that sony sells to plus users for 60 dollars on the PSN store?

If I were to purchase the two year PlayStation Protection Plan on PSN (which I can, since I'm still inside the original one year warranty period), my understanding is that it only applies to the original purchased PS3, and not any subsequent replacements.

Or am I wrong on that? If so, I'd purchase the extended warranty tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='syclick']If I were to purchase the two year PlayStation Protection Plan on PSN (which I can, since I'm still inside the original one year warranty period), my understanding is that it only applies to the original purchased PS3, and not any subsequent replacements.

Or am I wrong on that? If so, I'd purchase the extended warranty tonight.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about it. New consoles are out next year and it should last well past that. If I were you, I wouldn't even think about a new warranty. Even if it breaks in 4 months, that's 11 months till the PS4 comes out and you can just play other consoles or a PC until then. Most likely your ps3 will last at least a few years.

Also, if it breaks right outside of warranty they will probably repair it anyway. Hell, I had a 360 RROD on me 9 months after the warranty expired and they replaced it for free (after yelling into the phone for 45 minutes). Almost everyone replaces products that fail right outside of warranty without much hassle (as opposed to 9 months later which required yelling on my part). So I think you should be fine.

bread's done
Back