Borderlands 2

sofaraway731

CAG Newbie
There's a decent size thread in the Xbox 360 forum, but I'm sure some of us out there will be getting it on PC. Personally I'm still up in the air, but I definitely enjoyed BL1 on PC over Xbox.

Anyone else getting it on PC, or have it pre-ordered on Steam?

bl2head530.jpeg

------------------
Wiki
------------------
Player List
:

If you want to add me or anyone for BL2 games, please inform the person you are adding who you are (your CAG name) and that you are looking for a BL2 co-op buddy!

sofaraway731: sofaraway731 weeknights 7pm(ish) - 11pm(ish) EST, weekends whenever.
j-cart: j-cart weekly 8pm-midnight PST
hustletron: ctr904 Anytime, I'm always on Steam
Mrshlljcb: MrshllJcb Daily 3-5pm eastern and any other time
The Crotch: faithfulmachine It's my hot body; I'll play when I want
teknikalei:tka.tech I'm off next Tuesday, can usually play 7pm-1am PST
aheineken: WRXKayaker weeknights 8-midnight, weekends sporadically...EST
6er: Agent6er sporadically, probably afternoon and late nights for the first month
Waughoo: Waughoo Evenings usually, and only if the parental duties allow me to
sirdudeoi: sirdudeoi Random hours 8pm-12pm m-f depending on parental duties
icebeast: SinOfHeart 8pm-12pm weekdays depending on when I get off work and what I'm doing after it, and usually free for much of the weekend.
shosh: Decrot evenings 9pm cst
Lokki: Deathtrip07 unsure with WoW: MoP release today, but I'm behind the curve since I just bought BL2 on Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Planning on it, waiting on that group buy. You should wiki this thread and have that information on the first post.

Already pre-ordered from GMG for like $40 when they had that offer earlier in the month. I loved the first one, so I'm pretty excited.

[quote name='The Crotch']Just bought a new Nvidia graphics card, so I'll have it day one.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the market for a new card, and as good a deal as that promo is for B2 fans who would've bought it at MSRP, I'd rather have a straight $20-30 discount. Especially seeing as how prices are tumblin after the 660ti announcement.

And that's not to limit the frustration to this promo (B2). All those pack-in game bargains make comparisons frustrating, because it comes down to the internal monologue of "So maybe I'd play it rather than these other titles I have time for, but is it worth *that* much to me?"

Just give me the cash, you bastards, and make this easy for both of us. Stop making me *think*, dammit.

I played the hell out of the first one on 360. For this one though, I am also trying to decide which platform to go with. I currently have it preordered on 360, but after watching the PhysX demo, the 660ti deal is incredibly tempting. Also, PC tends to have a more mature gaming community.

I'm on the fence right now. I'm in the process of building my first pc, and I wouldve bought B2 for 360 anyway so the 660ti deal is tempting me a lot. Unfortunately none of my friends have a gaming PC, but that just might mean its time to make some new ones :D

The only drawback is I may end up getting it on 360 as well,which wouldnt make things cheaper at all.

Keep in mind that the Nvidia deal isn't just for the 660. It's the 660 and any superior card. AMD currently has a similar deal for Sleeping Dogs.[quote name='dothog']I'm in the market for a new card, and as good a deal as that promo is for B2 fans who would've bought it at MSRP, I'd rather have a straight $20-30 discount. Especially seeing as how prices are tumblin after the 660ti announcement.

And that's not to limit the frustration to this promo (B2). All those pack-in game bargains make comparisons frustrating, because it comes down to the internal monologue of "So maybe I'd play it rather than these other titles I have time for, but is it worth *that* much to me?"

Just give me the cash, you bastards, and make this easy for both of us. Stop making me *think*, dammit.[/QUOTE]See, I'm totally cool with the Borderlands 2 deal, but another part that I bought came with DiRT 3. I don't want DiRT 3. Does anyone want DiRT 3? Do people play DiRT 3? Is there any way for such a short name to be more annoying to type than DiRT 3?

God damn.

Yep, I just want my bitchin card by itself so I can play 18-to-24-month-old, heavily discounted titles at high resolutions with sliders up and BG music off. That's it, I'm a simple man. I don't want your oddly capitalized or even your eagerly anticipated titles for free, I don't know how they'd fit in my plan of binging on bargain titles.

The point is, just build it in to the MSRP dammit. I want an all-out price war, not a window dressing slap fight. All the friggin mail-in rebates are bullshit enough, don't go bringing "free" games into this transaction. (It's like how PSUs come in those ridiculous crown royal bags. FFS. Keep the bullshit bag and give me 50 cents off the MSRP.)

Wow, I've got a serious geriatric letter to the editor vibe going here...

AND the local station moved Matlock to 2 PM, that's when I take my nap!

And the worst part is that even when you have background music turned off, it always shows up in cutscenes.

Yes, Bioware, I totally wanted to hear your music interrupt my two-hour klezmer marathon for the twenty or so seconds it takes the Normandy to land.

CAG...the only place where people will bitch about a great free game.

Those games are just bonuses. Don't think the cards would be any cheaper if they decided to not include the game. Its like when you pre-order a game and get bonus DLC. If you weren't getting the DLC the game still wouldn't be any cheaper.

[quote name='SEH']CAG...the only place where people will bitch about a great free game.[/QUOTE]
In no way am I saying it isn't (or won't be) a great game.

But c'mon, dude. Nothing's free, man. You're getting played by the system, bro. Don't shoot the messenger, muchacho. You feel me, G?

[quote name='dothog']In no way am I saying it isn't (or won't be) a great game.

But c'mon, dude. Nothing's free, man. You're getting played by the system, bro. Don't shoot the messenger, muchacho. You feel me, G?[/QUOTE]

Im just saying, its not like the video card would be cheaper if they didnt include the free game. Its a bonus.

[quote name='SEH']Im just saying, its not like the video card would be cheaper if they didnt include the free game. Its a bonus.[/QUOTE]
On a related note, does anyone want to buy a copy of DiRT 3?

[quote name='The Crotch']On a related note, does anyone want to buy a copy of DiRT 3?[/QUOTE]

You need to chill and just enjoy it. It was FREE! This reminds me of the supersize arguments. I don't want a shitload of fries for 25 more cents. I'd rather I pay a few cents less for the fries I can eat. But Jimbo over here's like, "It's only 25 cents! You could double your fries for only 25 cents! How can you not see that this is the bargain of the century!?"

Back on topic: I watched the BL2 intro with the british fella and I think they're guilty of crossing the line with "bad ass." Okay, you use it a lot, you're self-aware in that hip way. Wait, you're calling them "bad ass points"? And now you just flashed "BAD ASS" onto the screen? It didn't take long to go from cheeky to self-parody. I get it, it's over the top. I guess I'm saying that it's not half as smart as they want it to be. Lookit me getting catty.

Part of the pre-order promo should be additional bad ass points. They should just give 'em to you, for free. You can't turn down free bad ass points. They're free. Bad ass points just don't fall out of the sky.

I wonder if me getting the game through this deal counts as me having "preordered" it. Getting the upcoming character DLC for free would be nice.

Just sucked it up and preordered. Someone should look into getting a CAG BL2 group together...cause its always better with more people!

[quote name='dothog']Nothing's free, man.[/QUOTE]

:lol: How untrue. :lol:

I just got this game for free from a FB giveaway from the CUNY gaming group.
Have to wait til the 18th :( to play it though.

Anyway, did any you guys/gals play the free flash game of this?
http://www.wubwub.eu/demake.php

So damn excited for this. Only nine more days. Been playing through the first one again to pass the time. Still just as fun as I remember.

What class is everyone going to play? After looking at the skill builder last night, I think I'm going to play a Siren again. I'll probably play a Commando as my alt.

Didn't touch the first one, but Siren looks good to me, too.

Honestly, I like everything but Zero. I'm just not big on stealth/melee in FPS'.

[quote name='The Crotch']Didn't touch the first one, but Siren looks good to me, too.

Honestly, I like everything but Zero. I'm just not big on stealth/melee in FPS'.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I wasn't a huge fan of the melee combat in the first one, so I doubt I'll touch Zero at all.

I dunno, Zero sounds like he's gonna be interesting. I'll definitely give him a try. I'll probably start with the commando though, as I played Roland in the first one a lot.

[quote name='WindyCityGamer']I'm excited about playing this... but not excited enough to pay full price (very few things reach that mark).[/QUOTE]

I feel ya man, I almost never pay full price for games haha. $60 is still pretty high for games in my opinion. Yeah I know the amount of work that goes into the games, but still... It's rough. I hope Steam will have a deal going on shortly after the release, that would be nice.

I think the last game I bought full price was Left 4 Dead 2, which I regretted because it dropped in price pretty fast. :/

The other thing is I feel guilty paying $60 for something when I have a TON of games I still haven't even played yet.

I end up getting the Modern Warfare games because a ton of my friends play it (not really because I like it all that much, it's just an "ok" FPS, imo), but that's about it.

If a ton of my friends were getting this I'd have gone for it, but my informal polling among them showed either none or a lackluster amount of excitement for it. I have one friend who really loves Borderlands, he was trying to talk me in to pre-ordering, but I turned it around and actually convinced him to wait (he's in my situation too, with many unplayed games, but not as much impulse control, haha).l

Yup, shifted my pre-order over to PC thanks to the GMG deal since it comes with the pre-order goodies.

Hell you can even toss-in the season pass and still break even with a console version + tax/shipping.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Yup, shifted my pre-order over to PC thanks to the GMG deal since it comes with the pre-order goodies.

Hell you can even toss-in the season pass and still break even with a console version + tax/shipping.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping GMG puts up the season pass. I'd love to snag that as well for 25% off.

[quote name='SEH']GMG has been running sales constantly that allow you to grab this for $37.50-$40. Like seriously, seems that for the last two months, they've had a deal on this every single week.

Right now, $36.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299254

If you want a deal, it helps to actually, ya' know, check the deals thread.[/QUOTE]

I mostly game on the PC, but unfortunately I need to get the Xbox version (that's what my friends mostly game on).

Which is sad, because IMO if you really want to be a cheap ass, PC is the way to go.

[quote name='The Crotch']I wonder if me getting the game through this deal counts as me having "preordered" it. Getting the upcoming character DLC for free would be nice.[/QUOTE]
The answer is no.

I do not.

Damn.

They really havent said how the Mechromancer will work yet, have they? I'm guessing that she'll play the same as other characters, but can summon a mech to fight for her every so often

I briefly saw a PAX thing where they said that one of her skill trees is designed for new players (the example given was a skill that gave missed bullets the chance to ricochet in to nearby enemies) and a skill tree that the developers considered the hardest to use in the game.

Other than that and the summoned mech, I know nothing.

That Mechromancer tree really isn't that special given that each class basically has an entire tree which is devoted to more of a defensive role whether that's CC or healing or tanking or whatever.

[quote name='WindyCityGamer']I mostly game on the PC, but unfortunately I need to get the Xbox version (that's what my friends mostly game on).

Which is sad, because IMO if you really want to be a cheap ass, PC is the way to go.[/QUOTE]

That stinks. Make some friends on the PC then. I'm sure there will be plenty here on CAG that would be down to play BL2.

My friends and I have a 100 slot Mumble and a few of us will be grabbing BL2. I think at the moment we're at five. If anyone is looking for a place to hang and play some BL2 with a group, shoot me a PM and I'll get you the info.

bread's done
Back