Borderlands 2

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#31 WindyCityGamer

WindyCityGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

I'm excited about playing this... but not excited enough to pay full price (very few things reach that mark).

#32 sofaraway731

sofaraway731

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

I'm excited about playing this... but not excited enough to pay full price (very few things reach that mark).

I feel ya man, I almost never pay full price for games haha. $60 is still pretty high for games in my opinion. Yeah I know the amount of work that goes into the games, but still... It's rough. I hope Steam will have a deal going on shortly after the release, that would be nice.

I think the last game I bought full price was Left 4 Dead 2, which I regretted because it dropped in price pretty fast. :/

#33 WindyCityGamer

WindyCityGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

The other thing is I feel guilty paying $60 for something when I have a TON of games I still haven't even played yet.

I end up getting the Modern Warfare games because a ton of my friends play it (not really because I like it all that much, it's just an "ok" FPS, imo), but that's about it.

If a ton of my friends were getting this I'd have gone for it, but my informal polling among them showed either none or a lackluster amount of excitement for it. I have one friend who really loves Borderlands, he was trying to talk me in to pre-ordering, but I turned it around and actually convinced him to wait (he's in my situation too, with many unplayed games, but not as much impulse control, haha).l

#34 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

GMG has been running sales constantly that allow you to grab this for $37.50-$40. Like seriously, seems that for the last two months, they've had a deal on this every single week.

Right now, $36.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=299254

If you want a deal, it helps to actually, ya' know, check the deals thread.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#35 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

I played the first one on 360, but I will be getting this one on PC along with my new 660ti. If anyone is looking to co-op, feel free to add me.

http://steamcommunit...m/id/wrxkayaker

Edited by aheineken, 11 September 2012 - 01:24 AM.

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#36 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:21 AM

Yup, shifted my pre-order over to PC thanks to the GMG deal since it comes with the pre-order goodies.

Hell you can even toss-in the season pass and still break even with a console version + tax/shipping.
sudo mklove

#37 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

Yup, shifted my pre-order over to PC thanks to the GMG deal since it comes with the pre-order goodies.

Hell you can even toss-in the season pass and still break even with a console version + tax/shipping.

I'm hoping GMG puts up the season pass. I'd love to snag that as well for 25% off.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#38 WindyCityGamer

WindyCityGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

GMG has been running sales constantly that allow you to grab this for $37.50-$40. Like seriously, seems that for the last two months, they've had a deal on this every single week.

Right now, $36.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=299254

If you want a deal, it helps to actually, ya' know, check the deals thread.

I mostly game on the PC, but unfortunately I need to get the Xbox version (that's what my friends mostly game on).

Which is sad, because IMO if you really want to be a cheap ass, PC is the way to go.

#39 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Finally a proper render of the Mechromancer.
https://pbs.twimg.co...ENbGn.jpg:large
sudo mklove

#40 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

I wonder if me getting the game through this deal counts as me having "preordered" it. Getting the upcoming character DLC for free would be nice.

The answer is no.

I do not.

Damn.

Posted Image

#41 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

They really havent said how the Mechromancer will work yet, have they? I'm guessing that she'll play the same as other characters, but can summon a mech to fight for her every so often
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

I briefly saw a PAX thing where they said that one of her skill trees is designed for new players (the example given was a skill that gave missed bullets the chance to ricochet in to nearby enemies) and a skill tree that the developers considered the hardest to use in the game.

Other than that and the summoned mech, I know nothing.

Posted Image

#43 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

That Mechromancer tree really isn't that special given that each class basically has an entire tree which is devoted to more of a defensive role whether that's CC or healing or tanking or whatever.
sudo mklove

#44 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

I mostly game on the PC, but unfortunately I need to get the Xbox version (that's what my friends mostly game on).

Which is sad, because IMO if you really want to be a cheap ass, PC is the way to go.

That stinks. Make some friends on the PC then. I'm sure there will be plenty here on CAG that would be down to play BL2.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#45 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

My friends and I have a 100 slot Mumble and a few of us will be grabbing BL2. I think at the moment we're at five. If anyone is looking for a place to hang and play some BL2 with a group, shoot me a PM and I'll get you the info.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#46 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

Anyone want to join a group to play Borderlands 2 with? We have three people already. We're looking for someone to beat the game with.

#47 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

Gonna be on this night one.

Sending you a PM SEH for that mumble info.

#48 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

GMG has the Season Pass on sale now for $22.50 with code. Regular price is $30, or $40 if you buy the DLCs individually.

GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G

http://www.greenmang...season-pass-na/

Pretty awesome being able to get BL2 plus the Season Pass for cheaper than what just the base game would cost if you were to buy it on one of the consoles.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#49 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

I have an Nvidia voucher so of course getting this day 1 if anyone wants to get together and play.

Steam: ctr904

For what it's worth Mr. Unger is selling Season Pass codes for $17 paypal in the trading section.

fs_overall.png

#50 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

I went ahead and updated the first page of this thread.

If you guys are trying to find people to play with, go ahead and post your info on the front page. Super simple:

<CAG Name>: <Steam id> <Hours of Play time>
j-cart: j-cart weekly 8pm-midnight PST

If you want to add me or anyone for BL2 games, please inform the person you are adding who you are (your CAG name) and that you are looking for a BL2 co-op buddy.

See you guys soon on the newly upgraded wastelands!

#51 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

GMG has the Season Pass on sale now for $22.50 with code.

Season passes have to be the biggest scam I've seen in recent years. Pay us now and we'll put out expansions whenever, if ever. Doesn't matter if we do a shitty job, if the content sucks, or get shut down before we produce it because we already have your money. While technically it might be a deal for some people, you lose all voting power once you plunk the money down. Just keep that in mind before throwing your money away. Besides, 'GOTY' editions are only a year away. . .

#52 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

Well technically with the deals that are out there, you can get BL2 and all of the DLC for under $60.

So in hindsight, it is a deal. Though I completely agree that the season pass is even worse than just being dlc.

#53 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

At least we know that it'll be 4 pieces of campaign DLC and can look to the first game for an example of what to expect. Some devs seem to just toss-out the season pass and not say word one about the nature of the content.
sudo mklove

#54 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

If the DLC from BL1 is any indication, we know the DLC for BL2 is going to be filled with content.

#55 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

Season passes have to be the biggest scam I've seen in recent years. Pay us now and we'll put out expansions whenever, if ever. Doesn't matter if we do a shitty job, if the content sucks, or get shut down before we produce it because we already have your money. While technically it might be a deal for some people, you lose all voting power once you plunk the money down. Just keep that in mind before throwing your money away. Besides, 'GOTY' editions are only a year away. . .

The DLC for the first game was quality. Also, we know for sure that it will be four pieces. At least its not just a "we'll put out as many as we feel like" thing. As for the eventual GOTY version, why the hell would I wait for that when I already have the base game and can just grab all the DLC for $20 and have it when it comes out?

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#56 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

I got it for $36 from Greenman Gaming as well. Looking forward to some co-op. I never had the first game on PC, which is amazing because it was so cheap during the summer sale. I resisted because I own it on 360 *and* Onlive. I figured a 3rd copy would be a tad excessive, even for me.

Hit me up on Steam when the game comes out: tka.tech

#57 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Pre-load is up.

It's a 4.5GBs download despite the 13GBs-20GBs requirement and if I had to wager a guess I'd say that that discrepancy comes from Gearbox preemptively accounting for the base game + DLC. (original was 3.3GBs which basically tripled in size with the DLC)
sudo mklove

#58 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

The downloads are usually compressed as well.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#59 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

I am going to be for sure on Tuesday 12am since the SWTOR servers go off at that time.

Hopefully that have the option to change the FOV in this game, always felt it was too "zoomed" in.

#60 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hopefully that have the option to change the FOV in this game, always felt it was too "zoomed" in.

FOV slider confirmed.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now if they don't allow me to disable 360 pad vibration in-game then I'm farting in some cereal damnit!
sudo mklove