47 replies to this topic

#31 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

TC = Topic Creator, just like OP = Original Poster

Internets lingo, love it, learn it. ;)

Ugh, I must be getting old. I thought OP was the primary "lingo" still...sigh :P

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#32 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

TC is really ancient lingo of the netz. OP is definitely more streamlined.

#33 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

The biggest game of the year is announced, and this thread is filled with people bitching about the OP and complaining about the game/series in general. WTF happened to CAG? At least the ps3 section has gone to complete shit

#34 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

When does this game come out? When does the other Metal Gear game come out?

#35 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

Hopefully this one is more like MGS3 than MGS4. I am in the minority that think MGS4 was a big stinking pile of shit, and this is coming from someone who LOVED MGS3.

In a certain sense there, you're not exactly in the minority. There's actually a rather large group of people that HATED MGS4 with a passion. That being said, there's an even larger group of people that think MGS3 is better, that being the group I am in. To me, while MGS4 still qualifies as a great game, MGS3 is the masterpiece.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#36 Topaz

Topaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

+1, MGS3 is the best of all 4 IMO.
MGS is known for a confusing story but MGS3 is the one that tells it the best.

The musics were fantastic also, I hope Harry Gregson Williams keeps working on MGS GZ, sadly I don't see his name in the credits...

In a certain sense there, you're not exactly in the minority. There's actually a rather large group of people that HATED MGS4 with a passion. That being said, there's an even larger group of people that think MGS3 is better, that being the group I am in. To me, while MGS4 still qualifies as a great game, MGS3 is the masterpiece.

#37 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

+1, MGS3 is the best of all 4 IMO.
MGS is known for a confusing story but MGS3 is the one that tells it the best.

The musics were fantastic also, I hope Harry Gregson Williams keeps working on MGS GZ, sadly I don't see his name in the credits...

I agree with this, MGS3 had the best story & ending. I also thought the bosses were done best in that game, they were nice and varied. Plus, who could ever possibly forget the one against The End? Absolute genius.

Edited by Mixer236, 03 September 2012 - 07:18 PM.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#38 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

MGS1 was the best to me. I remember playing it so much as a kid staying up over nights to beat the game multiple times. Not to mention playing it before the crazy amount of hype the series got. After Sons of liberty it went mainstream. People who first played the MGS on PS1 the majority of them weren't even aware of the games prior to those unlike the final fantasy franchise at the same time people knew about those. I still remember the day I got the game I was probably between the ages of 8-12 and I got it randomly from a target with my grandma. Knew not a single thing of the game. All I went by was the plain white cover of the manual. Then when I got the game home my grandma showed my dad the back of the case showing nudity. My dad still let me have it though. That and a few other retro game purchases are engraved in my memory.

That's another reason I like demons souls so much was getting to play the game while it was a sleeper hit and unknown, I purchased it USA release day and now its over hyped.

That's not the only reason I like it, overall its still my favorite game of all time.

needler420.png

#39 GBH

GBH

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

That trailer was nothing special but i am as pumped for the new mgs games as i am for the next gta.

Edited by GBH, 05 September 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#40 OP_

OP_

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

Replaying the series in anticipation not getting my hopes up but am sure we won't see the game until earliest X-mas of next year.

#41 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

That trailer was nothing special but i ama spumped for the new mgs games as i am for the next gta.

Nothing special? Wow I'd like to see a trailer what you consider special. :roll:

#42 GBH

GBH

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Dude is was nothing to cream in your pants over and I am one of the biggest metal gear fans you will find. Game is going to be dope but i don't get people saying ohh thats the best trailer i have ever seen. Honestly i wasn't that impressed with the trailer but the debut of a new MGS game got me excited.

Edited by GBH, 05 September 2012 - 09:24 PM.

I Didn't Mean To

#43 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

But you just wrote the trailer off as if its something you see everyday. Epic story telling and interactive open world? bah old hat I say!

#44 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

Wonder if Revengence will tie into it at all.

Looks great, I still need to get through the HD collection and 4 before either come out. :)

#45 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

At the end of the trailer in the OP, I saw the logos for Xbox Live & PSN. I hope that means Metal Gear Online is back.

#46 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

Wonder if Revengence will tie into it at all.

Doubt it. Looks like Peace walker fits into this story line though

#47 GBH

GBH

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

Anyone have metal gear omnibus or the metal gear risk game? Konami needs to port some of kohjimas saturn games to the 3ds.
I Didn't Mean To

#48 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

New screenshots: http://www.officialp...stealthy-shots/

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png