Disgaea 4 $24.99 (Clearance) @ Bestbuy YMMV

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

Anti -Flipper !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Was in today and saw it sitting shelf tagged "Clearance" for $24.99.

Of course this will be YMMV but I think it's a good deal on this game..

#2 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

Its national and is a leftover from the big summer sale. I got one during it and well worth the $$$.
Posted Image

#3 TheSupremeForce

TheSupremeForce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

Probably my favorite game of this generation. It's definitely worth that price.

#4 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

Was in today and saw it sitting shelf tagged "Clearance" for $24.99.

Of course this will be YMMV but I think it's a good deal on this game..

If you post the pics of the shelf tag & the store # it'll no longer be YMMV except for stock issues.

#5 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

Its national and is a leftover from the big summer sale. I got one during it and well worth the $$$.

Probably my favorite game of this generation. It's definitely worth that price.

What did you guys love about it? I've got the revamp of the original for the DS, and i'm currently playing FFTA. I've been looking into this for quite some time, and people have said it's just a larger game. no real innovation graphically, or strategically.

#6 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

Anti -Flipper !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

If you post the pics of the shelf tag & the store # it'll no longer be YMMV except for stock issues.

I really dont think I need to show details like that, I grabbed the last copy at the store I was in anyways... Its not like Bestbuy stocked a ton of these to begin with.

#7 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

I really dont think I need to show details like that, I grabbed the last copy at the store I was in anyways... Its not like Bestbuy stocked a ton of these to begin with.

Yeah, but if you're the 1 CAG that really wants a deal & you're local BB has the game but it's not the same price like what's been reported on some of the other BB drop threads wouldn't you want to be able to score the same deal thanks to another CAG.

#8 TheSupremeForce

TheSupremeForce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

What did you guys love about it? I've got the revamp of the original for the DS, and i'm currently playing FFTA. I've been looking into this for quite some time, and people have said it's just a larger game. no real innovation graphically, or strategically.

I'm a huge fan of the style of game play, so the "lack of innovation" in later titles doesn't bother me. That being said, each game in the series does improve game play, and there's enough in the way of style/tactics/whatever changes to keep it from getting boring.

4 looks way better graphically than previous titles, mainly because they bothered to increase the polygon count, account for HD, whatever. Disgaea 3 looks a bit (or a lot) pixelated on my HD tv, but 4 looks great.

Anyway, the main things I love about this game are the plot and characters anyway. It's what keeps me coming back to this series, since I've enjoyed all of them. I'm more into the quirkiness and the humor. If that's not your thing, they're all still good games (assuming you dig the game play), but there'd be little motivation to play the entire series.

As a comparison, FFTA has great game play, but I never cared enough about what was happening in either of the ones I tried to bother completing them. I'd play until I got my fill of the mechanics and then move on to something else.

#9 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

I also noticed that newegg has disgaea 4 listed twice once for like $44 and one for $27
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879273016

#10 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

I also noticed that newegg has disgaea 4 listed twice once for like $44 and one for $27
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879273016

Premium and regular edition probably.