$5 Off PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Pre-orders at Amazon

Hmmmm......to get or not get. $5 off isn't great, but money off is money off especially if I want those pre-order costumes. Eh, I guess I can wait for something better. $5 isn't much to save.

[quote name='PublikDefender']geez i didn't know the msrp was $60. i have a feeling this game is gonna tank.[/QUOTE]

I kind of hope so, actually.

[quote name='AoA']Hmmmm......to get or not get. $5 off isn't great, but money off is money off especially if I want those pre-order costumes. Eh, I guess I can wait for something better. $5 isn't much to save.[/QUOTE]
You'll most likely save alot mroe than $5 if you just wait within a month of its release

[quote name='PublikDefender']geez i didn't know the msrp was $60. i have a feeling this game is gonna tank.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that what nearly all fighting games retail at when realeased?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I kind of hope so, actually.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious as to why. I don't see how this failing is any good, but I love to hear your point.

$5 off.....which is tax for Texas now, fuck you Amazon!!! Newegg is way better now. $10-$15 off preorders and no tax.

[quote name='hereon']I'm curious as to why. I don't see how this failing is any good, but I love to hear your point.[/QUOTE]

Probably butt hurt that it's similar to Super Smash Bros.

Does any ps3 version purchase at any time get you a down-loadable version for the vita for free?

Last edited by a moderator:
The demo of this at E3 did not look good at all. I'm holding out hope that they've done a lot to improve it, but I'm going to wait for impressions of the final version before I plunk down any money.

[quote name='parkerwilson']Does any ps3 version purchase at any time get you a down-loadable version for the vita for free?[/QUOTE]

It should (but probably won't work with used copies). We don't know exactly how it will work yet though- Sony has yet to release any details on how they plan to execute the cross-buy program. There will probably be a code for the Vita version that activates on PSN.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']wow what's with all these negative comments?
I'm looking forward to this game the most this year :D[/QUOTE]

The word from people who tried the Beta version was that it was terrible (although to be fair, the Beta was also supposedly from a very early build), and the demo of the game they showed at E3 was laughably bad.

looking forward to this, but I'm withholding my pre-order until we know more about the PS3/Vita cross-buy. If that only works if you buy the PSN version, I'll get the digital copy (a free game is worth not being able to trade it in later in my book).

[quote name='nbballard']looking forward to this, but I'm withholding my pre-order until we know more about the PS3/Vita cross-buy. If that only works if you buy the PSN version, I'll get the digital copy (a free game is worth not being able to trade it in later in my book).[/QUOTE]

it was said on the playstation blog that if you buy a retail or psn copy of all stars for ps3, you get a digital vita copy for free

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']would be nice if the vita version was a code that you could sell and make $20 or more off of.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget all first-party Sony games with online functionality now come with an online pass. My guess is that online pass unlocks the Vita game and ties it to your PSN account. So it will probably come with a code you could sell, but without it, your game is probably not playable online.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']it was said on the playstation blog that if you buy a retail or psn copy of all stars for ps3, you get a digital vita copy for free[/QUOTE]
it also mentions it on the Amazon page, now that I looked at it. I placed my order.

My assumptions were based on the lbp karting page not showing anything about the cross-by.

(FYI - i was on the All-Star beta and it was buggy as hell, and it wasn't very fun. I think my experience was the result of a very early build and not the overall product. It seems like it could really be a lot of fun with a group of local players once it is done. On the other hand, i was in the LBP Karting beta and it was fantastic.)

[quote name='nbballard']it also mentions it on the Amazon page, now that I looked at it. I placed my order.

My assumptions were based on the lbp karting page not showing anything about the cross-by.

(FYI - i was on the All-Star beta and it was buggy as hell, and it wasn't very fun. I think my experience was the result of a very early build and not the overall product. It seems like it could really be a lot of fun with a group of local players once it is done. On the other hand, i was in the LBP Karting beta and it was fantastic.)[/QUOTE]

glad to hear you are getting it!! :)
I really wanted to get into the beta, but never got a code.
What made it not that much fun though? The bugs? When I watch videos of the game online I really like what I'm seeing personally

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']glad to hear you are getting it!! :)
I really wanted to get into the beta, but never got a code.
What made it not that much fun though? The bugs? When I watch videos of the game online I really like what I'm seeing personally[/QUOTE]
It wasn't fun because it was online only, with the initial cast of announced characters. On top of that, it didn't make any attempt to explain how the game worked, so i just hit buttons a bunch until i died.

As far as bugs go, there were a lot of camera problems. For example, Sly Coopers special was to make one of his teammates shoot everyone with a cannon through a para-scope, everyone's camera would default to the same view of whereever the para-scope was looking (part of the fun). The problem is that the special filter that goes on the screen (crosshairs and whatnot) never went away half of the time and the camera controls remained fixed to that players movements, so the match would be unplayable after that special was performed, or someone would hit you and you wouldn't be able to move anymore. Things like that.

The only problem I'm concerned will carry over to the retail release was that the camera was set too far back and the characters were too small.

its a tough decision. we dont know if the game will ALWAYS come with a free vita download of the game. I dont ever trade games so that doesnt matter to me. But Im debating on the game in general as I am still not thrilled by the characters. I mean sure they got some sir daniel fortesque love in there but with no confirmation of spyro, lara croft, and especially crash bandicoot. I'm not entirely sold. That and i dont own a vita.

But i wish it was MORE like smash bros. i wish smash bros was a gaming franchise and not a nintendo franchise. I want sega to get their own smash bros type game, hell i wanted a sony smash bros type game since smash bros melee. But having to use a super move to eliminate players.. kind of stupid. Health bar or ring outs just make sense in 4 player madness fighting games.

For now I'd say this is a good deal. $5 off and you still get the DLC that will most likely be $5-10 later anyway, and the game isn't out until Nov. 20th so there's plenty of time to cancel if something else comes up. And if by some chance there's a deal on black friday, the game comes out 3 days before hand and you might be able to get a price match.

I am shocked by the negativity, really. We need more Smash Bros. clones. This is coming from someone who looks at Smash Brothers as one of gaming's universal constants.

That said, got mine pre-ordered at Newegg. Cheaper.

[quote name='nbballard']It wasn't fun because it was online only, with the initial cast of announced characters. On top of that, it didn't make any attempt to explain how the game worked, so i just hit buttons a bunch until i died.

As far as bugs go, there were a lot of camera problems. For example, Sly Coopers special was to make one of his teammates shoot everyone with a cannon through a para-scope, everyone's camera would default to the same view of whereever the para-scope was looking (part of the fun). The problem is that the special filter that goes on the screen (crosshairs and whatnot) never went away half of the time and the camera controls remained fixed to that players movements, so the match would be unplayable after that special was performed, or someone would hit you and you wouldn't be able to move anymore. Things like that.

The only problem I'm concerned will carry over to the retail release was that the camera was set too far back and the characters were too small.[/QUOTE]

ok these were some really good points! Thanks :)
I'm going to stay upbeat though and believe the final version will be better; it was a beta afterall.
i hope what you told me is addressed before it is released!

Honestly that release date....is killing me. I'll have Black Ops 2 to play. And Persona 4: Golden on my Vita. Both those games will take forever. And then there's Black Friday which is like a second Birthday to me, I'm looking forward to picking up Assassin's Creed 3. I anticipate it will be on sale for $34.99. So there's no room for this game. Unless it's also on sale at Black Friday and $30 for PS3 and Vita version is win-win.

[quote name='Velo214']ouch. i played the beta. and wow. ouch. was hoping this would be $30/$40 msrp.
ill buy it at $10 after it tanks.[/QUOTE]

This is what I find funny about some people. Playing 1 match at E3 told me that it was going to be trash (then again I play a LOT of fighting games...), but everyone I talked to raved about it. Even after the beta, many people were telling me how great it is...

Wow, all the negativity in here... This is a game I've wanted for years, and I know I'm not the only one so there definitely is an audience for it. I don't know why when people aren't interested in a specific game they feel the need to incessantly bash it. Whatever. As for the beta, it was an early build and had, what, 6 characters playable? They're up to 20 now. They delayed the game to help give them some time to fix some things, and I've heard they've taken to heart some feedback they got from the beta. I'm not worried, and each video I see makes me want it more. Looks like a fun, mindless brawler.

Oh, and the supers look great. :cool: It's a nice little addition that makes the game seem a bit more interesting.

So, pre-order = $5 off, tons of exclusive costumes, and you guarantee your Vita copy. Sounds like a good enough deal to me(plus it can always get sweeter between now and then as Amazon is sometimes known to do). I'm still not sure why people are complaining so much when SFIV, MvC3, DoA5, SC 4 + 5 & Tekken TT2 all launched/will launch at MSRP as well. Fighting games usually do unless you're Capcom and re-release 10 versions of the same game and make each iteration a bit cheaper to try and offset the rage. Just because it doesn't look like your cup of tea doesn't mean it should be a $9.99 PSN title.

This is awesome, I was only going to get this on Vita but the fact that I get the ps3 and vita versions for the same price, and then amazon drops it by 5 bucks. feels great man

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']wow what's with all these negative comments?
I'm looking forward to this game the most this year :D[/QUOTE]
Didn't you hear? It's cool and hip to dislike anything related to Sony. smh.

[quote name='nbballard']It wasn't fun because it was online only, with the initial cast of announced characters. On top of that, it didn't make any attempt to explain how the game worked, so i just hit buttons a bunch until i died.

The only problem I'm concerned will carry over to the retail release was that the camera was set too far back and the characters were too small.[/QUOTE]

It'd be cool if they ended up giving us an option for set the camera depth.

After playing it at PAX... Yeahhhhh... Let's just say I'm looking forward to other games more than this one.

[quote name='orcishlad']After playing it at PAX... Yeahhhhh... Let's just say I'm looking forward to other games more than this one.[/QUOTE]

what didn't you like about the game?

[quote name='Mixer236']Wow, all the negativity in here... This is a game I've wanted for years, and I know I'm not the only one so there definitely is an audience for it. I don't know why when people aren't interested in a specific game they feel the need to incessantly bash it. Whatever. As for the beta, it was an early build and had, what, 6 characters playable? They're up to 20 now. They delayed the game to help give them some time to fix some things, and I've heard they've taken to heart some feedback they got from the beta. I'm not worried, and each video I see makes me want it more. Looks like a fun, mindless brawler. [/QUOTE]

While some of that might be true, the majority of people in this thread played the beta because they WERE interested in the game. Why would they play a beta that they had no interest in at all? And based off the beta (and possibly the PAX version) they didn't think the game was very good. That isn't Sony-bashing at all it's just simply their opinion of a game they were at one point thinking of buying.

Of course it's only a beta version and does not exactly reflect the final product but still, the point of a beta is to give people an idea of what they are getting into. If the beta is poor then why are you expecting people to ignore what was wrong with it? Let's say somebody tried to sell you a sandwich and gives you a free sample that tastes like absolute shit...are you going to go ahead and buy the sandwich anyway based on assumptions that, "Surely the final sandwich must be better than this as it was only a sample." I'd hope not.

[quote name='croqoa']While some of that might be true, the majority of people in this thread played the beta because they WERE interested in the game. Why would they play a beta that they had no interest in at all? And based off the beta (and possibly the PAX version) they didn't think the game was very good. That isn't Sony-bashing at all it's just simply their opinion of a game they were at one point thinking of buying.

Of course it's only a beta version and does not exactly reflect the final product but still, the point of a beta is to give people an idea of what they are getting into. If the beta is poor then why are you expecting people to ignore what was wrong with it? Let's say somebody tried to sell you a sandwich and gives you a free sample that tastes like absolute shit...are you going to go ahead and buy the sandwich anyway based on assumptions that, "Surely the final sandwich must be better than this as it was only a sample." I'd hope not.[/QUOTE]

I'm not calling straight up Sony-bashing as much as just unneeded bashing on this particular game... People started crying about it as soon as it was announced. People don't always play betas b/c they want the game, a lot of times they may just be curious, not have anything else to do, or happened upon it at E3 or PAX.

I've heard mixed things(from beta/demo users) as you would from any game, and most of the complaints are not some huge deterrent to cause me to skip this game. I know for a fact that the beta is extremely bare-bones, I'm not expecting a lot of "OMG GotY!" exclamations from people based on that. You're sandwich analogy is a bit off. In the beta's case, you're getting a very, very small portion of the game. Basing you're final opinion on that would be like seeing the first 5 minutes of MGS1 and deciding it's trash because all you see is some low-quality cutscenes. And before I get flamed, I'm only comparing PASBR to MGS for this analogy's sake. :)

Am I saying this is the best thing since sliced bread? Nope. Am I saying this is going to be a AAA fighter? No. It looks fun, and I'm willing to give the full game a shot because this is a game I've dreamed of for years. I just feel like this game has gotten a lot of unwarranted hate because it's an *gasp* (albeit slightly different) SSB clone.

I'm really conflicted on which version to get.

I would get the PS3 version to get the Vita version too, but I was stupid and only got an 8gb memory card for my vita.

curse you digital cross buy! :/

[quote name='Magicman103']I'm really conflicted on which version to get.

I would get the PS3 version to get the Vita version too, but I was stupid and only got an 8gb memory card for my vita.

curse you digital cross buy! :/[/QUOTE]

Well, if you buy the PS3 version, you will always have the Vita version. Even if you don't make enough room on your memory card for it, you may upgrade your memory card in the future. Regardless, you can still play the PS3 version.

If you buy the Vita version, you just have the Vita version.

Just some information about the pre-order I thought I should let you guys know about.

1) The costumes are cross-compatible, meaning you'll be able to use them on both PS3 and Vita.

Confirmed by Sony on the PS Blog

2) The pre-order costume set includes an extra costume for EVERY character in the game, not just the ones listed (as those were the only characters revealed at the time this bonus was posted). This has been confirmed in the link above and on the developer's FaceBook page many times.

3) The Vita game will be on the PS3 disc, not a voucher, and will be tied to your PSN account. So those of you hoping to just sell the Vita version of the game are out of luck. This was confirmed at the developer's GamesCom presentation of the game.

Just thought I'd pass that along. This game's easily my most anticipated of the year and I can't wait for it!

my gamestop manager just got back today from a meeting with Sony (he's a xbox fanboy) but told me he really liked playstation all stars!

bread's done
Back