Photo
- - - - -

Target Ad 9/2-9/8: $10 GC w/ $35+ game & $1 reserve, Max Payne 3 $35!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

It clearly says any game.

I understand the weekly add says "any" game but there was signage in the video game department that said selected titles. There was also a flyer posted when you first walk in the store and in the video game department that said Sims titles do not qualify for this promotion.

#32 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:31 AM

Maybe you didn't preorder one of the select games. Only select preorders will qualify you.

#33 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

Maybe you didn't preorder one of the select games. Only select preorders will qualify you.

No I used Borderlands 2 and RE6 on Sunday and used Borderlands 2 again today with ME3 CE (360).

I didn't get a chance to look at the flyer he was referencing when he mentioned it said "select" games but after I cancelled the transaction I went back to look at the signage in the video game department and it did say "select" on the little signs.

#34 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

Anyone know if this works on guild wars 2?
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#35 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:50 AM

I understand the weekly add says "any" game but there was signage in the video game department that said selected titles. There was also a flyer posted when you first walk in the store and in the video game department that said Sims titles do not qualify for this promotion.

Dunno GBA, but I sure wouldnt trust the target employee. Would hate to call in a manager, but if you really wanted it Im sure they could see the light. I saw at least two different signs with the "any" language.

#36 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:52 AM

Just picked this up in North Austin. They had tons of the GTA combo packs but had them hidden behind the single disc copies.

Which one in north austin? The one where the cici's is on 35?

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#37 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

Dunno GBA, but I sure wouldnt trust the target employee. Would hate to call in a manager, but if you really wanted it Im sure they could see the light. I saw at least two different signs with the "any" language.

Okay. I'll wait and see what others have for experiences the next few days and then I'll go back and give it a try mid week.

Thanks

#38 Gatorsfan35

Gatorsfan35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Just got back from the Orlando store. Had the guy open the case and the last one in there was the dual pack. Had a GC from a long time ago, so I used that too. $34.99, $1 Pre-order was $35.99 - $13.62 GC and out the door for $24.02 and a $10 GC. Reason# 1,259 why I love CAG

#39 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

I was tempted by this, but I'm not in any rush to play Max Payne 3, and the GTA IV that's bundled with it isn't the complete edition. Good deal for the $10 gift card though!

#40 david69

david69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

I guess I'm off to look for a bundle.. :) Thanks

#41 jooanyenna

jooanyenna

Top 5 Cheapest Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

Just picked up the last MP3/GTA4 bundle for PS3 @ Union Ave store in Tacoma, WA.

They still have at least 4 bundles for Xbox 360 though.
Posted Image

#42 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

Is the Max Payne 3/GTA4 combo packaged like the side by side Lego games or is it back to back? I aske because I'm wondering if i should be lookiing on the shelf or in the case.

#43 baboonfreak

baboonfreak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

Is the Max Payne 3/GTA4 combo packaged like the side by side Lego games or is it back to back?

back to back, should be in case, has a red target symbol with words 'Only at' on the bottom of the front of the combo pack. hard to miss.

#44 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

back to back, should be in case, has a red target symbol with words 'Only at' on the bottom of the front of the combo pack. hard to miss.

Thanks dude,that does sound hard to miss. This is gonna help out a lot later on today.

#45 Gatorsfan35

Gatorsfan35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

Just ask the guy to open the case and check all of them. Mine was the one in the back, not sure if hidden on purpose or not. Seems like they put the non-combo pack at the front of the case.

#46 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

Scored a MP3/GTAIV combo pack at my local Target and pre-ordered a game to get the $10.00 gift card walked out for $35.99 after taxes after using my Target Red card.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#47 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Picked up the god of war saga on Monday and preordered dishonored. Then used that gc towards the max Payne combo today and preordered halo 4. Loving these gift cards!

#48 Jasper & Harley

Jasper & Harley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

I was able to get the Gift Card on Ratchet and Clank All 4 One (19.99) and it also works for God of War Origins (19.99 YMMV), Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition (19.99) and Uncharted 3 (19.99), effectively making these games $9.99. Seems to work for any game who's price was above $34.99 and recently went down.

Posted Image

UyUhMmy.png

#49 lonestarranger

lonestarranger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:25 AM

Thanks OP. Got the PS3 version of MP3 + GTA4. Now got to look to see if anyone wants to trade in their X360 version for the PS3 one.

#50 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

Wow, this is a pretty awesome deal. Hopefully I can find a store with the MP3+GTA4 bundle now...

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Hearthstone, Sam & Max S1E04; Spec Ops The Line

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#51 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

I was able to get the Gift Card on Ratchet and Clank All 4 One (19.99) and it also works for God of War Origins (19.99 YMMV), Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition (19.99) and Uncharted 3 (19.99), effectively making these games $9.99. Seems to work for any game who's price was above $34.99 and recently went down.

Posted Image

^ Wow that's awesome! Do you remember what the sticker price of those games was? I know my store has them all listed at $39.99 despite having them correctly listed at $19.99 last week.

#52 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

Posted Image

Very frickin cool!!!! I'll be in for gran turismo...wonder if anything else works.....hmmm

#53 Jasper & Harley

Jasper & Harley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

^ Wow that's awesome! Do you remember what the sticker price of those games was? I know my store has them all listed at $39.99 despite having them correctly listed at $19.99 last week.

The label on the shelf was 19.99 for all the games I mentioned, but there is a chance that the bin label shows the old price of $39.99. Whenever Target updates the position of the games on the shelf, the system may print the old price of certain games on the bin label strip. Then they have to go back and print the "new" price on individual labels and paste over the incorrect one. But the MSRP for those games are $19.99.

UyUhMmy.png

#54 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

The label on the shelf was 19.99 for all the games I mentioned, but there is a chance that the bin label shows the old price of $39.99. Whenever Target updates the position of the games on the shelf, the system may print the old price of certain games on the bin label strip. Then they have to go back and print the "new" price on individual labels and paste over the incorrect one. But the MSRP for those games are $19.99.

^ Yeah I know these games had MSRP drops a week or two ago and I also know that my Target had them priced correctly at $19.99 last week because I bought GT5 XL however when I went in earlier this week all the games that had previously dropped to $19.99 were now showing $39.99.... I just thought it a little odd.

#55 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

Posted Image

I went in for ratchet and clank as well just cause I wanted the free booty quest. Couldn't find any other games I couldn't live without!

#56 bludd

bludd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

Anyone know if this works on guild wars 2?

Yes it does, I just got that today with the gift card and $1 preorder.

#57 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:11 AM

Well I guess I'll be getting a max Payne bundle tomorrow. My local store seems to have always had in stock the GTAIV bundles for both systems, ever since release in May.

Looks like its the best price I'm gonna get MP3 for right now; $36 for the game + reserve, $10 GC, then I can trade in GTAIV to best buy for $10.50... Basically making MP3 $16ish. I can do that!
Posted Image

#58 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Thanks for the headsup. I went to rebuy Uncharted 3. $10 was too good to pass up (had a $10 GC from a previous deal).

#59 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

How did you do it? I really want to get GT5. Do I just give him the game and preorder card and say I want the gift card?

Just bring both up. The system does the rest since it prompts them to enter the giftcard.

#60 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

PM NSMB2 for $29.96 from the Fry's Ad and still got the promo to work. Register prompted for the GC even though the game was lowered.