Bandai Entertainment will stop shipping anime to retailers in November

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#601 gundamb0i

gundamb0i

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Anybody looking for scrapped princess. FYE, wherehouse or suncoast has some volumes for $1.88 and some older Bandai DVD's for the same price. I got all 4 volumes of Arjuna for 6 bucks With my discount. Suncoast has all Funamation Save collections 4 half off. If anybody's interested in it. I found the girl who leapt through time on blu-ray for 20 used. Did that Blu-ray come with a slipcover?

#602 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

Wow, so they clearenced them even further? I started a thread a few weeks ago where they were $3.88. Unfortunately, I have already purchased most of the S.A.V.E. sets that I am interested in.

#603 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

Did that Blu-ray come with a slipcover?

Nope, it's just bare.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#604 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

Anybody looking for scrapped princess. FYE, wherehouse or suncoast has some volumes for $1.88 and some older Bandai DVD's for the same price. I got all 4 volumes of Arjuna for 6 bucks With my discount. Suncoast has all Funamation Save collections 4 half off. If anybody's interested in it. I found the girl who leapt through time on blu-ray for 20 used. Did that Blu-ray come with a slipcover?

:bomb: I am Jealous, I shelled out 70ish buck on ebay for GWLTT and there is no FYE or Suncoast with a reasonable distance from where I live

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#605 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

If anybody wants Gundam Wing, G Gundam, or Cowboy Bebop, there are complete sets of each at a reasonable price right now on eBay. All are the OG releases, not the Anime Legends or Remix editions.

Wing
G Gundam
Bebop

#606 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

If anybody wants Gundam Wing, G Gundam, or Cowboy Bebop, there are complete sets of each at a reasonable price right now on eBay. All are the OG releases, not the Anime Legends or Remix editions.

Wing
G Gundam
Bebop

Technically Those are nearly the exact same things the Box Sets are. Dont know about Bebop if it had a non Remix release but The boxsets are just a new box with those discs in them.

#607 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Well, the AL releases take up less space, (unless you stuff them into 6-disc cases like I do) which is one reason why all the AL releases are uber expensive while the singles are only a few bucks.

Also, the OG Bebop releases have no 5.1 Surround Sound and I believe minimal extras.

#608 ssjChris

ssjChris

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Got my replacement discs today, to whoever is buying Eureka Seven individually, I have Disc 8 (or Volume 8, whatever) and Disc 10 available. Disc 8 plays fine but has a circular scratch on it (likely from when it was burned/pressed), and Disc 10 has a deep scratch which makes it skip a few minutes on one of the episodes .

To whoever wants them, I'll sell Disc 8 for $1 + Shipping and Disc 10 all you need to do is pay shipping.

#609 killa5k7

killa5k7

Ashita ga aru sa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

Heck yeah, just received my Big O complete collection from Goodwill Books today...was really scared...got it for 18 dollars shipped from amazon and yeah, its the original, case intact and everything! Very amazing and so worth the cheap.

#610 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Managed to grab the final disc I needed for Season 1 of Haruhi Suzumiya(Vol. 4). I was thinking of grabbing season 2, but the high price now isn't worth it when half of the episodes are the same thing.

Been trying to get Saber Marionette J to X so that I can finish the series. But I can't find all 6 discs for a reasonable price. Prices for the individual discs seems to be all over the place and the cheapest ones I can find are in questionable condition(I'd like to at least have the case with it).

Was considering getting rid of some of various Gundam discs I have to clear some space. But after seeing the prices jump in the last few weeks, I think I'll hold onto them for now. The only ones that seem to still be in a reasonable price range now is Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny. But I think that's due to the fact that it's the one they printed the most discs for(it was during anime boom in the mid-2000's).

#611 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

During this whole thing, the only item I bought from Bandai recently was The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya on DVD; could've bought in on blu-ray, but I'm not a huge fan of blu-ray+dvd combos.

I'm not sure what else I can get for myself. For the large part, I can just rent a good selection of the Bandai library at my local rental shops and, well, my library. Not sure if I want to sink my wallet into Haruhi-chan; I liked the series on youtube, but I wonder if it's just a luxury made to be seen only once. Do I bother with the Zeta gundam movies if I never watched the original Zeta Gundam TV series?

#612 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

No, the movies are a poor substitute for the series. A big and important subplot (one that gets reused in almost every other Gundam series) gets almost fully excised and the ending is completely changed to render ZZ and Char's Counterattack null and void.

Not saying the movies are bad, but they don't replace the series as well as the OGovies.

#613 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Picked up Gundam 08th MS Team Volume 2, Gundam Wing Volume 4, and Jubei-chan Volume 1 today. Also picked up future eBay sales SEED Destiny Final Plus and Gundam 00 Season 2.

#614 kewlmyc

kewlmyc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Got Gurren Lagann, Cowboy Bebop, Sword of the Stranger, and Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Good shit. Thanks for the heads up.

#615 Vash1306

Vash1306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

[Via WTK] Now have counters @ TRSI...

#616 CharGP02A

CharGP02A

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny the TV Movie IV: The Prices of Freedom that isn't 80-100 dollars?

#617 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Valhalla.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#618 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Valhalla.

Yeah, but you have to win a drinking contest to get it. You're better off just doing without.

#619 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Valhalla.

Dont you mean your place Mr. Anime King of CAG?

#620 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Now I also have to think if I want to get E7 Both Collections now or wait for Funimation to release it if they decide to license it.

#621 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Those prices are making me sad. I paid half or less than half for some of those (not recently, years ago), and kicking myself for the ones I don't have yet. :(

#622 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

16 copies of Gundam 00 Season 2 on Amazon for $45. Get in now if you want it.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#623 whippleman

whippleman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

WOW if only it was less than $40 or not during the holidays :(.

#624 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Amazon is pulling a few titles back into stock. Gurren Lagann is currently available for under $50: http://www.amazon.co...s=gurren lagann

Pretty good deal, considering I sold my sealed copy for $100 a few weeks ago.

#625 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Its kind of funny looking at my Gundam collection at Amazon and seeing how its all just about worth twice as much now.

#626 Vash1306

Vash1306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Final Rightstuf restock Via WTK:

#627 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

...I just bought GL for $45 at Amazon. Granted, I was just going to flip it on eBay, but still.

And full price on Bebop? Best Buy still has it for $30!

#628 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

They canceled 00 S2 on me, made me pay $50+ on Amazon, and now they have it back?

#629 Crazydom

Crazydom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

I was going to buy Gurren Lagann to get free shipping with GaoGaiGar, but then I went on Amazon to see how much it was there and found nothing but reviews saying that collection skips and is really bad.

Is it even worth getting?

#630 whippleman

whippleman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

I was going to buy Gurren Lagann to get free shipping with GaoGaiGar, but then I went on Amazon to see how much it was there and found nothing but reviews saying that collection skips and is really bad.

Is it even worth getting?

I saw those too but I ordered it anyway, a few months ago mind you, and I had absolutely no problems with any of the discs.