Photo
- - - - -

Bandai Entertainment will stop shipping anime to retailers in November

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#631 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

I was going to buy Gurren Lagann to get free shipping with GaoGaiGar, but then I went on Amazon to see how much it was there and found nothing but reviews saying that collection skips and is really bad.

Is it even worth getting?

Some of the discs unfortunately from the earlier releases have had issues with skipping, and some of the earlier anime legends will contain the older faulty discs. But as whipple has mentioned, for the most part the newer released ones should be okay as the one I ordered last month has none of those issues either.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#632 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

Some of the discs unfortunately from the earlier releases have had issues with skipping, and some of the earlier anime legends will contain the older faulty discs. But as whipple has mentioned, for the most part the newer released ones should be okay as the one I ordered last month has none of those issues either.

Where did you order from? Amazon or TRSI?

#633 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

I got mine from Amazon.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#634 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

I got mine from Amazon.

Okay sweet I was just wanting to make sure that someone got it recently from Amazon, didnt run into problems. I may get it on Amazon then.

#635 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

I'm still bitter that this totally ruined what I had saved up for Black Friday & Christmas. And I'm still missing out on a lot, like Wolf's Rain, Galaxy Angel, .hack//Roots, everything Haruhi, etc.

On the other side of the coin, I got Cowboy Bebop Perfect Sessions LE & Outlaw Star Perfect Collection for $20 each, years ago. I like to build my collection slowly & cheaply normally :oops:

#636 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

Final Rightstuf restock Via WTK:

*Cries* i has no moar moneyz!!!

on the bright side i bought kurokami already lol

#637 mclovin_it

mclovin_it

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

Anyone know where I can get Eureka 7 Complete Collection 2 for a reasonable price? I can only find them for $90+

#638 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Anyone know where I can get Eureka 7 Complete Collection 2 for a reasonable price? I can only find them for $90+

Whenever FUNimation is allowed to license it.

#639 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Code Geass is getting a Bluray release in the UK. I haven't done enough research to know if it's an upscale or the original HD material. It's being released by Manga, so it will most likely be region locked.

http://www.amazon.co...=pd_sim_vg_h__2

http://www.amazon.co...=pd_sim_vg_h__1

#640 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Code Geass is getting a Bluray release in the UK. I haven't done enough research to know if it's an upscale or the original HD material. It's being released by Manga, so it will most likely be region locked.

*hugs region free player*

#641 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

*hugs region free player*

Might have to look into one of those

Seems like uk gets all the good deals

http://www.amazon.co...ef=pd_cp_d_h__3

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#642 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

http://www.amazon.co...gna blu,aps,268

any of those blu ray players will do. you will need to search for a firmware though to downgrade it so it can use the 9113 code i think it is. its best buys house brand.

my only complaint is the damn thing does not save spots on a disc no matter the disc. dvd or blu ray. turn it off and it has to start from the beginning. its a minor complaint but eh its region free right? also a common complaint is the internet on it is wonky so just update it via USB and dont use its netflix features or anything or BS Live.

#643 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Kazé UK is the licensor and Manga UK is the distributor. Be aware that Kazé UK will be putting 25 episodes on 2 Blu-ray discs (they were done that way for the French and German sets as well from the respective European Kazé branch). And these releases are pretty much guaranteed to be locked to Region B.

#644 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

I just want Hayate the Combat Butler #8... :(

#645 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

Well, I'll finally receive the final batch of Bandai stuff I need later this week. Ordered Saber Marionette J to X collection and Hayate the Combat Butler Vol. 3 & 6. Still need Hayate Vol. 8 & Kannagi Vol. 1, but I know I'll never find either disc for under $20, so just giving up on those two.

It's just weird to see the oddest titles you order a couple months ago rise up in price due to going OOP. Like paying $5 for Saber Marionette J Again back in October and now the cheapest, used disc-only copy is going for $24 online. Strangely, besides Gundam 00, 08th MS Team & 0083 collections, I haven't really seen a high price jump for Gundam shows.

#646 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

I got Escaflowne: Complete Collection from a third party seller on Amazon. Should the oversized case be clear?

#647 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

Mine isn't.

#648 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

I got Escaflowne: Complete Collection from a third party seller on Amazon. Should the oversized case be clear?

I did a google search and saw a few pics that had clear cases. So maybe one batch had them? But the ones I've seen use the standard oversized black cases.

The 3rd party seller wasn't ExpressMedia/Sourcemedia/Direct Liquidations(aka Noram), was it? Because I've had a ton of DVDs from them that have had the cases swapped out.

#649 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

The seller was Standing Ovation. I can still dispute it if I need to. It's a sealed supposedly brand new copy. I don't want to open it to check the contents if I don't have to.

#650 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

Bebop's last few batches were in clear cases, so it might be the same thing. As long as the discs work, and there is 8 of them, there shouldn't be a problem.

#651 whippleman

whippleman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

I think its normal. I thought the same when I got Gundam 00 because season one was clear and season two was black, but all the discs turned out to be official.

#652 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

I think its normal. I thought the same when I got Gundam 00 because season one was clear and season two was black, but all the discs turned out to be official.

It's weird, I've only ever seen one copy of 00 Season 2 in the wild with a black case while the rest were clear. Needless to say I got a clear one to match my S1 copy.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#653 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Mine came that way.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#654 Vash1306

Vash1306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Bandai uses w/e cases they have on hand at the time of the packaging. So its all good.

#655 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Good to know. I also have a clear individual volume of Ronin Warriors from a long time ago still sealed. That should be legitimate as well?

#656 Vash1306

Vash1306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Yes, again Bandai uses w/e cases are laying around in the factory when they pack the sets :P

#657 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

My Escaflowne is a clear case, but I got it from DeepDiscount a year or more ago.

While we are on the subject of odd questions about Bandai, my Volume 1 + Volume 2 of .hack//Sign says "Platinum Series" on the front-top of the artwork DVD case. While my Vol3-6 all say "Platinum Edition". Normal or what does that mean?

My other sets in volumes, by comparison, Witch Hunter Robin Vol1-6 all say "Platinum Edition" while Big O and Saber J to X have no platinum label mention.

#658 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

Platinum Edition (1 disc sets) is just a name to spice up a single to make it seem special, like when comedies get stupid names for their sets. Before doing the Anime Legends box sets, Bandai began rereleasing some of their discs in 2-disc sets. Kinda like what FUNimation did with Kiddy Grade and Tenchi Muyo GXP.

#659 Squall_L_FF8

Squall_L_FF8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

Was missing Gundam Zeta Collection 2 which I just ordered from the Right Stuf. I also got Outlaw Star and Wolf's Rain from gohastings.com a little while back. Had to reorder Ghost Slayers Ayashi because they sent me the wrong dvd.

#660 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Can anyone explain why the heck this keeps jumping up in price? http://www.amazon.co...ionette j again

It's doubled in price in the span of a week. Did it get a low print run or something compared to the rest of the series?