Bandai Entertainment will stop shipping anime to retailers in November

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#661 Drahken

Drahken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Can anyone explain why the heck this keeps jumping up in price? http://www.amazon.co...ionette j again

It's doubled in price in the span of a week. Did it get a low print run or something compared to the rest of the series?

It's out of print along with all of Bandai's other titles, and no one sure which ones will get licensed by another company.

#662 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

Plus, the Marionette series was only mildly successful, and unlike other Bandai series (Bebop, Gundam, Lucky Star, Haruhi, etc.) there is no guarentee that it will be relicensed.

#663 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

Anyone know any good places to look for Gundam 00 season 2 part 4? I managed to pick up the pretty much the whole series from amazon warehouse deals for $35, but I'm missing that last part.

#664 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Anyone know any good places to look for Gundam 00 season 2 part 4? I managed to pick up the pretty much the whole series from amazon warehouse deals for $35, but I'm missing that last part.

Your best bet is to scour used DVD shops like FYE or MovieStop

#665 Vash1306

Vash1306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

Part 4 is the hardest to find because it was produced the least amount of times sadly:

http://www.amazon.co...season 2 part 4

http://www.amazon.co...season 2 part 4

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f0491ecb4

or just buy all 4 parts and sell the extra ones you already have:
http://www.ebay.com/...=item484be5aa17

Or just get the anime legends set: http://www.rightstuf...tem/93974/4/0/0

#666 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

I managed to find part 4. My nearest BB had a copy for $14. It was more than I wanted to pay, but the only other store near by with it was suncoast. They wanted $34. I paid around that for the rest of the series from amazon's warehouse deals.

#667 hpbbes

hpbbes

I typo'd my username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Was part 5 of Zeta also a really low run? Can't find it reasonably priced anywhere.

#668 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I've never been that much of a gundam fan but I got almost everything I wanted from Bandai except Outlaw Star... I got a good feeling that funimation will pick it up though and cowboy bebop too. Im hoping both get the bluray treatment they deserve. I have cowboy bebop but can't justify purchasing outlaw star at the prices im seeing.

#669 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

I've never been that much of a gundam fan but I got almost everything I wanted from Bandai except Outlaw Star... I got a good feeling that funimation will pick it up though and cowboy bebop too. Im hoping both get the bluray treatment they deserve. I have cowboy bebop but can't justify purchasing outlaw star at the prices im seeing.

what prices are you seeing for outlaw star? I got mine from rightstuf for $29.99

#670 whippleman

whippleman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Well this sucks! I finally got around to watching Gundam 00 Season 2 again, I originally saw it "online", and I got to the VERY last disc, the VERY last episode, and the Very last 5 minutes won't play. :( When I looked at the disc it had round bubbly looking things you couldn't feel them though. I feel like the entire set is a piece of poopy now if I can't watch the last 5 minutes.

#671 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Well this sucks! I finally got around to watching Gundam 00 Season 2 again, I originally saw it "online", and I got to the VERY last disc, the VERY last episode, and the Very last 5 minutes won't play. :( When I looked at the disc it had round bubbly looking things you couldn't feel them though. I feel like the entire set is a piece of poopy now if I can't watch the last 5 minutes.

There was a post earlier in this thread with an Email you could contact to get a disc replacement.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#672 whippleman

whippleman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

There was a post earlier in this thread with an Email you could contact to get a disc replacement.

Even though Bandai's been done for a while now?

#673 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Does anyone know of any locations to find the second half of Eureka Seven? I didn't pull the trigger when I had the chance and now it seems like this series will be very expensive to watch.

#674 electricsleep

electricsleep

Prof. Hinsley

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Does anyone know of any locations to find the second half of Eureka Seven? I didn't pull the trigger when I had the chance and now it seems like this series will be very expensive to watch.

I was looking a couple weeks ago after I found season 1 used for $20 and couldn't find anything under $60 or $70. Your best bet is a used copy on ebay.

I scored Planetes yesterday at a local used store for $25. I also saw Haunted Junction (around $15) and Brain Powered ($35 I think). Are either of them worth picking up at those prices?

#675 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Anyone looking for the last two dvds of IGPX besides me? I can't seem to find vol. 6 and 7 anywhere at a reasonable price. Also Ronin Warriors the complete collection. I managed to find it used and I bought it but I would like a pristine copy. My disc are all fine not a scratch on them but the case lacks a bit to be desired... :/

Edited by greenwolfe7, 04 January 2013 - 10:18 PM.

#676 Vash1306

Vash1306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Ronin Warriors went out of print years ago. Only thing you can do is just to buy a replacement case for it.

#677 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Anyone looking for the last two dvds of IGPX besides me? I can't seem to find vol. 6 and 7 anywhere at a reasonable price. Also Ronin Warriors the complete collection. I managed to find it used and I bought it but I would like a pristine copy. My disc are all fine not a scratch on them but the case lacks a bit to be desired... :/

If you find a better one I'd love to buy yours.

#678 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

There is a Volume 7 for $12 on eBay. Not cheap, but eh.

#679 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

If you find a better one I'd love to buy yours.

Sure thing i've actually got a lot of local anime shops here that i've scored at lately. Im really hoping one new one turns up and I might have a lead at a local japanese import business.

#680 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Good news is Japanese Gurren Lagann Complete Blu Ray Box will include English sub. Bad news is that it cost over $700.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#681 Vash1306

Vash1306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

And dub for the tv series.

#682 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

Also likely means FUNimation (or Sentai, which would be pretty funny if you think about it) will likely not be able to release a Blu-ray set whenever they acquire the license.

#683 Vash1306

Vash1306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

I'm pretty sure Aniplex of America will be the ones to get the rights for Gurren Lagann.

#684 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

I'm pretty sure Aniplex of America will be the ones to get the rights for Gurren Lagann.

Depends on how much FUNi is willing to pay. Not everything Aniplex Japan does is released by AniUSA, especially since they don't have the distribution channels FUNi does. They will likely keep the Blu-ray rights to prevent reverse importation though.

#685 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Still digging for IGPX vol.6. I MAY have managed to get a copy online ordered from 2 different sources both are known to send "Sorry this product isn't in stock anymore" emails a decent bit so im not hopeful. But i've managed some luck with them in the past. Both are local import/anime/japan culture shops. If anyone sees a copy of this in the wild if you could pm me and maybe work out a deal I would greatly appreciate it ;).

#686 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Would you mind posting the sources? I'm scouring for a few titles I missed out on for cheap or no worse than msrp, so I'd like to give them a browse.

As for yours, I haven't seen it at any places I frequent, sorry.

#687 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Would you mind posting the sources? I'm scouring for a few titles I missed out on for cheap or no worse than msrp, so I'd like to give them a browse.

As for yours, I haven't seen it at any places I frequent, sorry.

Well one you won't be able to order from unless you do it IN store unfortunately... and that is Animax on Summer Ave. in Memphis, TN.

The other sources i've had varying degrees of luck with is digitaldogpound.com, secondspin.com(which is something i see surprisingly few ppl mention), and animepavilion.com. <both a local and online store although its quite a drive for me as a b&m store not technically local but a buddy of mine lives near there and checks it out for me if something shows stock online.

#688 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Thanks, a few potentials to try out. Is Anime Pavilion any good online? Seems like it hasn't been updated lately, and they have a warning about manga listed online being out of stock, so I worry about OOP DVD titles as well.

#689 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Thanks, a few potentials to try out. Is Anime Pavilion any good online? Seems like it hasn't been updated lately, and they have a warning about manga listed online being out of stock, so I worry about OOP DVD titles as well.

Hit or miss i've had many cancellations and just as many successes...tbh. After many emails the manager responded to me saying if its in stock it will ship if not it will be cancelled :( not exactly helpful but he did say they had stock of alot of titles from bandai still in the singles and a few box sets but he never said of what. Best bet would probably be to call.

#690 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

Also I've got another local store called spin street its an affiliate of fye and typically carries the anime for my local fye at our mall. Which is another source you can try is fye.com alot of people tend to ignore this site also.