Bandai Entertainment will stop shipping anime to retailers in November

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#691 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Which is another source you can try is fye.com alot of people tend to ignore this site also.

Because fye.com often uses MSRP prices on their stuff, even on their used products. And you don't get the same deals you would in store, like the 50% off box sets or the Buy-3-Get-1-Free-Used deal.

#692 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Hit or miss i've had many cancellations and just as many successes...tbh. After many emails the manager responded to me saying if its in stock it will ship if not it will be cancelled :( not exactly helpful but he did say they had stock of alot of titles from bandai still in the singles and a few box sets but he never said of what. Best bet would probably be to call.

Lol. I just tried an order. 3/4 cancelled, and he sent me a message saying I could have Bebop for $100. At least he was quick about it.

#693 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

I managed to get Haruhi Season 1 for $22 used on Gohastings with the 40% off coupon. They had .Hack//SIGN complete for $60~ regular price (40ish with the coupon, which I believe is expired now). I almost got that but I couldn't pull the trigger, and I have no idea if it's still available.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#694 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Hit or miss i've had many cancellations and just as many successes...tbh. After many emails the manager responded to me saying if its in stock it will ship if not it will be cancelled :( not exactly helpful but he did say they had stock of alot of titles from bandai still in the singles and a few box sets but he never said of what. Best bet would probably be to call.

Thanks for the heads up. I have been looking for a relatively cheap G-Gundam Set 2 and Wing Set 1 since November. I just went ahead and bought both of them on anime pavilion but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

#695 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Look two posts up. Not happening. If you get lucky and they have them in stock you can get them for $100 each, though!

#696 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Yeah, I saw your post. I was just hoping you didn't order any Gundam. I also didn't put two and two together that if Bebop went up to $100, then Gundam would too.

#697 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Well my local anime shop animal came through owner placed a large order of Bandai titles before everything went oos they are selling stuff retail but today I scored eureka 7 both complete sets, big O 1 and 2, g gundam both sets, fantastic children, and ronin warriors complete! Out the door sub 200$ for all that. Oh yeah I went back for escaflowne also put me over 200$a but I got everything I wanted and now I don't have to deal with ebay.

#698 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

You need to hook me up with G-Gundam. It is known.

#699 zeke222

zeke222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Got code geass season 1 and 2 for $80. And picked up gurren lagann from rightstuf

#700 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

I have been looking for a decent and cheap copy of Wing collection 1 since November. I finally find one for $40 on eBay that's like new. I buy it last night and then this afternoon get on Amazon to see 1 new copy being fulfilled by Amazon for $33. Sometimes I feel like someone is out to get me.

#701 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

^_^
Posted Image

#702 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

Got code geass season 1 and 2 for $80. And picked up gurren lagann from rightstuf

What? Where did you get Code Geass from?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check out my Gaming Stream.

#703 zeke222

zeke222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

code geass r2 part 2-4 from amazon and part 1 from ebay for 20.
Got season 1 from gohastings.
Also got sola complete collection from gohastings for 14.

#704 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

code geass r2 part 2-4 from amazon and part 1 from ebay for 20.
Got season 1 from gohastings.
Also got sola complete collection from gohastings for 14.

I've been checking eBay for the last week and didn't see any Part 1 that cheap.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check out my Gaming Stream.

#705 zeke222

zeke222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

was about three weeks ago for r2 part 1.
Also some of the f.y.e that just sell dvds have a couple copies of season 1 and 2 too so check them.

#706 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

This CAG has Stardust Memory 0083 for $20, which is an awfully good price for it if anybody is interested.

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=98264
Posted Image

#707 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Managed to get igpx vol. 6 on ebay 10$ so I have all 7 volumes now for about 25$ total not too bad. Vol. 6 is hard to come by if anyone is looking or has started looking.... :/ Im still searching for gundam wing for a decent price. I have all of 0079,0083(stardust memory), 00, G Gundam, and Zeta Gundam. Want the rest but I didn't really care for Seed all that much idk why. And does anybody know anything about Gundam AGE? Is it worth picking up?

#708 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Want the rest but I didn't really care for Seed all that much idk why. And does anybody know anything about Gundam AGE? Is it worth picking up?

If you ever decide to grab any of the Seed discs, know that that & Seed Destiny are the ones that have the most problems with bad discs from Bandai. It usually is a problem with the last episode freezing up too.

As for Gundam AGE, that's the newest Gundam show. But it never got a physical release here. So if you're grabbing the BRs, they're imports(& probably w/o english subs). As for the show, it's kinda average for a Gundam show that spans two generations of characters. Although a lot of people hated it because it's considered the "kid-friendly" version of Gundam.

#709 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Gundam AGE went 3 generations. The story ends with Flit's grandkid.

The show itself has slightly kiddy designs (specifically during the First Generation) but story-wise is one of the darker and bloodier entries yet. It isn't perfect by a long shot, but AGE is still pretty good.

#710 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

I've been checking eBay for the last week and didn't see any Part 1 that cheap.

I paid 18 for a used copy shipped on Jan 1. Keep checking. I think this one is just more rare than valuable.

I have been looking for a decent and cheap copy of Wing collection 1 since November. I finally find one for $40 on eBay that's like new. I buy it last night and then this afternoon get on Amazon to see 1 new copy being fulfilled by Amazon for $33. Sometimes I feel like someone is out to get me.

Yeah, the prices for Wing have been coming down over the past couple of weeks. I wish this was true of G-Gundam. Well, it is true, and none of them are selling, but they are still absurdly priced. Seriously, if anybody can hook me up with a reasonably priced G-Gundam let me know, I've been looking for about a month. I could have gotten them for an okay price on eBay, but I had already placed an order that fell through after somebody else bought them.

Managed to get igpx vol. 6 on ebay 10$ so I have all 7 volumes now for about 25$ total not too bad. Vol. 6 is hard to come by if anyone is looking or has started looking.... :/ Im still searching for gundam wing for a decent price. I have all of 0079,0083(stardust memory), 00, G Gundam, and Zeta Gundam. Want the rest but I didn't really care for Seed all that much idk why. And does anybody know anything about Gundam AGE? Is it worth picking up?

I have hear almost unanimously bad things about AGE. I think it is best to make up your own mind, unless it will cost you a fortune to do so.

#711 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

I paid 18 for a used copy shipped on Jan 1. Keep checking. I think this one is just more rare than valuable.

Yeah, the prices for Wing have been coming down over the past couple of weeks. I wish this was true of G-Gundam. Well, it is true, and none of them are selling, but they are still absurdly priced. Seriously, if anybody can hook me up with a reasonably priced G-Gundam let me know, I've been looking for about a month. I could have gotten them for an okay price on eBay, but I had already placed an order that fell through after somebody else bought them.

I have hear almost unanimously bad things about AGE. I think it is best to make up your own mind, unless it will cost you a fortune to do so.

Depending on what is in my local shops last shipment I may or may not be able to get you G-Gundam it'll be 60$ total for both boxes(30$ a piece) if he gets them. I say if cause I know he is getting a large shipment of Bandai titles but as to what titles they are idk. All I know is he is getting Ronin Warriors complete sets cause thats specifically what I asked about. I went ahead and placed an order for 3 he is getting lol. Also gave him a list of stuff I wanted and he said he would hold for me. I just told him to call me when the shipment came and ill be there before he unboxes anyway. So ill probably be posting a list on here incase anybody wants anything ill also post the number also as I believe he does ship via phone order. So if its anything decent or a good stock amount ill let everyone know.

#712 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

Barnes and Noble has Zeta Gundam Collection 1 for 45. Free shipping, and with tax you are basically paying MSRP. Not super cheap, but Part II isn't super expensive yet, still has a small stock at RightStuf, and you aren't likely to find a new one cheaper very often. If stock lasts until the next 10% or so off not a bad deal.

#713 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Diligence pays off again been watching hastings,fye,amazon,barnes n noble, halfpricebooks, secondspin, and ebay like a hawk just got gundam wing complete collection 1 off hastings 30$ shipped w\Muffinstump coupon code.

#714 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...25.p?id=1532311

Should I try it for collection 2?

#715 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Go for it. Its backordered, though, so good luck.

#716 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

http://www.gohasting...u/214607198.uts
For anybody that is tired of looking 62$ with coupon code at the top :(. its only 45$ used now on amazon.

#717 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Went ahead and ordered from the best buy link I posted. If it doesn't come in 3 weeks ill start searching again(or if I get a cancellation prior to that) but for now all I have left that I want(if this comes through) personally is eureka seven complete collection vol. 2 and Turn A gundam... I may eventually get all the rest of the series if I can get decent prices but idk I need to start watching everything I picked up but im between work and class 8am-11pm monday-friday this semester. :(

#718 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

I don't think turn a gundam exists in english in anything other than bootleg format at the moment. Hard to pay much for them, especially considering subs are usually supposed to be terrible.

#719 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

I don't think turn a gundam exists in english in anything other than bootleg format at the moment. Hard to pay much for them, especially considering subs are usually supposed to be terrible.

No, it's not in english unless it's some fansub.

Bandai was going to release it here, but they shut down before it's release.

#720 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

No, it's not in english unless it's some fansub.

Bandai was going to release it here, but they shut down before it's release.

Yeah I know that. I still want a sub though. I do remember seeing the series subbed at a friends house. I don't believe there is a fansub in english done anywhere though... now my curiosity is peaked will do a search... :/.