Bandai Entertainment will stop shipping anime to retailers in November

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#721 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

A bootleg just sold on eBay for 23 shipped the other day. I thought about it, but google-fu told me the subs were probably poor. But if there is no fan sub, probably wasn't a terrible option.

edit: Or 31, unless that is a different listing. It has a $20 buy it now, but I guess people can be dumb on eBay, especially after the first bidder takes down the buy it now option.

#722 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

http://www.animeharu...ime-legends.asp

Anybody ever tried using this site? 0.0 I'm sensing a bootleg but idk.

P.S. my local anime shop will get his last bandai shipment on the 31st supposedly. I'll take a pics and post titles as I have availability and if he feels like shipping ill post his number for you guys. He's usually pretty good about that but its a 1 owner 1 runner shop so don't expect it incredibly quick but well... lol this is his motto :) http://www.animaxsto...m/contactus.php

#723 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

http://www.animeharu...ime-legends.asp

Anybody ever tried using this site? 0.0 I'm sensing a bootleg but idk.

Either that or no one has discovered the site.

Just looking at their inventory shows some of the hard to find Gundam sets(G Gundam, Gundam 00 2nd season) for 1/3 of what they're selling for right now. I'd say it's suspicious just by their inventory & prices alone, but why not take the chance & see if you can get a real set.

#724 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Just looking at their inventory shows some of the hard to find Gundam sets(G Gundam, Gundam 00 2nd season) for 1/3 of what they're selling for right now. I'd say it's suspicious just by their inventory & prices alone, but why not take the chance & see if you can get a real set.

Already have tried it placed an order a week ago my order status changed from processing payment to shipment processing says status will update again in 2-3 days... we will see I suppose. If it comes im placing an order for other stuff but in small quantities for fear of bait and switch where a company sends me a legit title then sends a bootleg I see a mix of both on the site so idk.

#725 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Oh yeah after a searching a bit yesterday it turns out #anime-gundam did a fan sub for Turn A gundam thats pretty good it used the jp dvd as source vid.

#726 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Wow, web reviews are not kind to anime Haru, but they have almost everything Gundam related I need, so it is pretty tempting to give it a shot. Worst I can cancel payment through my credit card. Well, worst is I guess they send me bootlegs and I have to send them back.

Edit: Eh, I placed an order. Still interested to see what your shop might get in greenwolfe, so let us know, because I am skeptical of receiving anything. His site is pretty awesome, so I hope for good things! But if animeharu works out it is pretty great to get new items at reasonable prices. If it fails, see above. They seem to have bootlegs listed under "import" versus "domestic" for R1 stuff. For example, it looks like you can buy a humongous pack of every Gundam ever for 300 bucks that are all R0 bootlegs, but other stuff is listed at US MSRP with US covers.

Can't be any worse than Anime Pavilion offering to "let me" buy Bebop for $100 after I placed an order for stuff on their site.

#727 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Wow, web reviews are not kind to anime Haru, but they have almost everything Gundam related I need, so it is pretty tempting to give it a shot. Worst I can cancel payment through my credit card. Well, worst is I guess they send me bootlegs and I have to send them back.

Yeah but you have to remember most people write reviews only because they are PO'd. I have seen a few good reviews though so I really don't know I'll update (if) I get my eureka seven collection and let people know... im expecting a bootleg or uk beez release.

#728 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Yeah, let us know.

I just realized that the Gundam Wing Complete Operations lists number of discs at 6 rather than 10, which is a bad sign. Most of them don't even list discs. And for things like G-Gundam, the bootlegs seem to all have the whole show in one box on six or so discs, so two separate items is a good sign.

edit: And I see it was actually listed under imports. Well, I guess I know I'm getting that one as a bootleg now. Must have accidentally switched back, or forgot to switch after doing a search.

#729 Dmonrei

Dmonrei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Being someone who has been hunting down Gundam titles for years (and own all but G Gundam, 00 season 2 part 4 and Unicorn), I did a quick Gundam search at Anime Haru and it seems that they sell (what look like) both legit and bootleg copies. The common theme that the bootlegs have is the "English Dub / sub" description on the name followed by the smaller amount of discs for each series. Another easy tell sign is that on the description the bootlegs have "Region free / all players" prior to the actual region description.

Examples:
This should be legit (provided they didn't just take a stock pic)
http://www.animeharu...me-legends-.asp

This is the bootleg:
http://www.animeharu...t--eng-dub-.asp

Edit:

For Arthur, if this is the Wing series you got, it's an "import" aka, bootleg:
http://www.animeharu...t--eng-dub-.asp

You might want to cancel it and get these instead:

#730 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Yeah, I came to the same conclusions. Before I ordered, actually. I must have accidentally gotten out of the domestic section into imports when I saw the Wing box set, though. I thought it was the release with the individual operations just packed into a cardboard outer box.

I sent a request that they cancel just that item. We'll see what happens. I don't have a ton of faith, but I'll ship it back and be happy to pay return shipping if they actually have stock on the rest of the stuff I ordered.

#731 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Not sure what is going on with AnimeHaru. Order went into "processing" last night, and today they removed Gundam Wing from my order, which I had requested about 10 minutes after I placed the order and realized my mistake. However the purchase price shown is still the old one in order history, and now I have a pending charge AND a pending refund for the full amount on my card. Maybe they are just doing it wrong and will recharge the pending amount at the new level, rather than keep the pending and only charge the new amount.

#732 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

Not sure what is going on with AnimeHaru. Order went into "processing" last night, and today they removed Gundam Wing from my order, which I had requested about 10 minutes after I placed the order and realized my mistake. However the purchase price shown is still the old one in order history, and now I have a pending charge AND a pending refund for the full amount on my card. Maybe they are just doing it wrong and will recharge the pending amount at the new level, rather than keep the pending and only charge the new amount.

Im giving it 10 full business days before I do anything about my order my status still says processing by shipping team... im betting they don't have it but it said wait ten days so I am. I placed my order on the 17th. So Thursday will be 10 days.

#733 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

What is your payment status? I have now been charged for the corrected amount, after deleting the item. No shipment notice or status change on the website, though.

#734 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

What is your payment status? I have now been charged for the corrected amount, after deleting the item. No shipment notice or status change on the website, though.

Don't have a clue my payment was pending now I don't even see it on my bank statement... no word from Haru... :/... expecting yet another cancellation :(... im tired of late cancels be a COMPANY and TELL ME you don't have stock!

#735 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...=item257a523f06

Lol seems legit

#736 killa5k7

killa5k7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Heck, I have both Gundam Wing Anime Legends sets plus that movie sealed. I have yet to watch any of them. I guess I could start on it before watching Seed. I take it Gundam series really don't matter the order?

#737 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Heck, I have both Gundam Wing Anime Legends sets plus that movie sealed. I have yet to watch any of them. I guess I could start on it before watching Seed. I take it Gundam series really don't matter the order?

Order doesn't matter unless you're watching Universal Century (which Wing and Seed aren't part of).

So yes, you can watch Seed and Wing in any order.

elessar123.png

#738 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

When I posted that it was a blank picture, no description, and the seller had 0 feedback. Lol

#739 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

Any update on your anime shop?
I made an order for G Gundam from an Amazon marketplace seller, who has still not confirmed shipment. Hoping he is just not aware of how it works rather than the worst scammer ever, since he doesn't get my money until he confirms shipment anyways. AnimeHaru charged me days ago with no sign of shipping, so I sent them a request to ship immediately or cancel and refund. So, as that is pending, I'm curious to see if your guy got any new stock.

#740 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

Any update on your anime shop?
I made an order for G Gundam from an Amazon marketplace seller, who has still not confirmed shipment. Hoping he is just not aware of how it works rather than the worst scammer ever, since he doesn't get my money until he confirms shipment anyways. AnimeHaru charged me days ago with no sign of shipping, so I sent them a request to ship immediately or cancel and refund. So, as that is pending, I'm curious to see if your guy got any new stock.

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to stop by the store yet. I've been at work till well past his closing hours. But I trust him to hold stock for me. Im off tomorrow so ill swing by and get an update. Alot of stuff he orders is direct from Japan. So the shipment time varies. But he said he has about 7-8 new boxes of various bandai titles coming in.... we will see. I don't expect him to steer me wrong though he's is quite savvy about most anime titles and is an avid collector of rare, oop, LE, and SE anime and cosplay stuff. As soon as I know ill be posting picks and list of titles. It may all come in separate shipments like I said its all a family owned business including his shippers in Japan lol. But its one of the best anime shops in the MidSouth.

#741 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

I know this one hasn't really become hard to get yet, but I found the Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society blu-ray in Walmart for $6 today. It was on an end cap with a bunch of other $6 movies. Might be worth checking your local store for it if it's one that you still want.

#742 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

Should I buy the Tales of the Abyss series as stand alone DVDs or the region 0 boxset?

Rollin off them hittas, sippin on that lean

Glory Boy wit a lamron shorty all the bitches want weed

We posted on the block, come thru we lettin off shots

When I be thru gettin that top I be ready for that qwap

BANG 3 COMING SOON ~~~~ 300 

#743 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

Not sure why you have to even ask that question.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#744 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Not sure why you have to even ask that question.

Do the stand alone DVDs from Bandai have solid features?

Rollin off them hittas, sippin on that lean

Glory Boy wit a lamron shorty all the bitches want weed

We posted on the block, come thru we lettin off shots

When I be thru gettin that top I be ready for that qwap

BANG 3 COMING SOON ~~~~ 300 

#745 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Do the stand alone DVDs from Bandai have solid features?

Besides a clean OP & ED, Bandai's discs have no features. FYI, there is also no english dub for it(at least for R1 DVD), as Bandai released it sub-only.

As for why Squarehard was saying that. I think it's due to the fact that most, if not all, of the R0 anime stuff is bootlegs. So if you buy the R0 boxset, you'll probably get episodes that possibly might be tv rips, with poor subs or maybe subs from some fansub group.

#746 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

As for why Squarehard was saying that. I think it's due to the fact that most, if not all, of the R0 anime stuff is bootlegs. So if you buy the R0 boxset, you'll probably get episodes that possibly might be tv rips, with poor subs or maybe subs from some fansub group.

You might as well pirate so the bootleggers don't get money from what they don't have the right to sell. Not that I'm telling you to actually pirate; I just really hate profiting off piracy.

#747 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

Pretty much what everybody above me has noted.

Not a fan of bootlegs, so it's not even a question which you should be going with at least with me, and the majority of everybody else here.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#748 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

Quick question.

Looking through a thread (I think it was this one) I read that Bandai pretty much just uses whatever cases they have on hand to release stuff. I just got a new copy of Bebop Remix in the ultra-compact (same size as a regular DVD case) clear plastic they used for things like Seed Destiny. Looks 100% legit, but I've never seen it outside the thick, scanovo packaging before. Is this just a new print run from before they packed up shop? I wouldn't be worried, but it means they also had to resize the artwork insert or else it would have been too large.

Also, like 80% there on my Gundam collection, and I haven't had to pay TOO much to get it that way. Just missing a few pieces that I haven't found for the right price yet.

edit: N/m confirmed it for myself in the last chance to get Bebop thread. Of course If I'd purchased it then I would have payed less!

#749 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

Yea, the clear case was from the last few runs. Saw it in Best Buy a whiles back.

#750 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

Quick question.

Looking through a thread (I think it was this one) I read that Bandai pretty much just uses whatever cases they have on hand to release stuff. I just got a new copy of Bebop Remix in the ultra-compact (same size as a regular DVD case) clear plastic they used for things like Seed Destiny. Looks 100% legit, but I've never seen it outside the thick, scanovo packaging before. Is this just a new print run from before they packed up shop? I wouldn't be worried, but it means they also had to resize the artwork insert or else it would have been too large.

Also, like 80% there on my Gundam collection, and I haven't had to pay TOO much to get it that way. Just missing a few pieces that I haven't found for the right price yet.

edit: N/m confirmed it for myself in the last chance to get Bebop thread. Of course If I'd purchased it then I would have payed less!

Yeah I got it from best buy awhile back that way. Im almost done with my gundam stuff too. My shipment from my local shop was a bit of a flop. Some stuff I needed but not alot of anything. All I need for Gundam now for US releases(from Bandai) is a couple of the movies. Need Endless Waltz, Char's Counter Attack, and F91. I really want the F91 and Char's Counter Attack blus however. I really wish someone would pick up gundam wing and endless waltz for blu releases but I doubt it will happen. After that its buying the Unicorn blus as they become cheap and other than that idk I want igloo, zz, victory, and age just to be complete but we probably will never see US releases of those.