Bandai Entertainment will stop shipping anime to retailers in November

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#151 Astroranagun

Astroranagun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

hoping funimation got blu ray release of code geass....

#152 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

So I checked Amazon for Hayate the Combat Butler Volume 8. This is what I got.

3 new from $500.00 1 used from $999.99

Good thing my local anime store has it for $40.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#153 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

I'll probably regret doing so, but I picked up The Girl Who Leapt Through . . . Space (:)). They averaged out to $15 apiece through Amazon secondary sellers and TRSI. The concept sounded like it might be amusing, and although it seems like a show that would be right in Funimation's wheelhouse, I can't imagine it selling well enough for them to actually pick up the license.

I didn't realize how much of my collection was from Bandai until I started looking at the list of titles and went, "Got it. Got it. Got it. Got it . . . ."

#154 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

I guess when you buy three amine series from Amazon, they put a number of them in your Gold Box.

Ones sitting in there for the moment are:
Elfen Lied Complete Collection - $20.83
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 - $28.49
Cowboy Bepop Remix (already have this one)
Trigun: Badlands Rumble - $20.61 (DVD)
Blue Submarine #6 Complete Collection - $17.08
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Complete 1st Season - $46.53

Any worth biting on?

#155 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

I guess when you buy three amine series from Amazon, they put a number of them in your Gold Box.

Elfen Lied is not a bad series, but it is SUPER dark. I'm not exaggerating, the subject matter and material in that series is extremely dark and disturbing. Tread lightly.

Code Geass is a great series. While the Amazon price for the second season is good, their price for the first season is probably too high. Pick it up at Right Stuf instead, its currently on their weekly specials and is going for $29.99 for each season set.

Trigun: Badlands Rumble is for existing fans of the series. It is a side-story movie, and in that respect is quite good. But it doesn't even bother introducing the characters or setting. If you are not already familiar with Trigun, you will probably be somewhat lost. If you are already a Trigun fan though, it is a great little romp.

Blue Submarine #6 is weird. It's just plain weird. There are only four episodes in the series, so character development is a bit shallow. The setting is one of the more appealing aspects of this brief series. It's really a toss-up on whether or not you will like it.

#156 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

But Elfen Lied is a good one if you like to question humanity and their morals. xD Like what Richard Kain said, it is very dark and gruesome but I think that was one of the reason why it became so popular. And if you want more, you can always read the Manga.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#157 JoePianist

JoePianist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

Elfen Lied is not a bad series, but it is SUPER dark. I'm not exaggerating, the subject matter and material in that series is extremely dark and disturbing. Tread lightly.

You think Elfen Lied is "SUPER dark"? Try watching "Higurashi: When They Cry" and let me know what you think.

Any worth biting on?

$20 for Elfen Lied is a decent price, if you're into gory, psychological shows. $46 for Code Geass, Season 1 is a bit steep---you can get it for $30 on RightStuf.com

#158 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

Higurashi: When They Cry is too good. :lol:

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#159 rpg

rpg

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

Higurashi: When They Cry

crazy scene

http://www.youtube.c...j-xvrolU#t=223s

davey.gifGS Selling-LBP2 DC Comics dlc $2-R,Blacklist $5 - P - Amazing Spider-Man,Blackgate $6.67 PM me insane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gif

sniper.gifPlaying: Blackgate Ps3 (3/4 playthroughs)

#160 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

Any worth biting on?

Code Geass is a superior anime, but that's too high a price. Look for $20-25 on season 1/2. Elfen Lied is blood and tits to the extreme. If that's not for you, skip it. If it is, I think you can find a slightly cheaper version (even though it's worth the asking price). We're talking one-two dollars cheaper, that is.

Blue Sub isn't worth getting. Trigun is worth it sub-$15 if you loved the original series. Otherwise, skip it.

Edit: We playing "darkest anime"?

Spoiler

#161 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

Code Geass is a superior anime, but that's too high a price. Look for $20-25 on season 1/2. Elfen Lied is blood and tits to the extreme. If that's not for you, skip it. If it is, I think you can find a slightly cheaper version (even though it's worth the asking price). We're talking one-two dollars cheaper, that is.

Blue Sub isn't worth getting. Trigun is worth it sub-$15 if you loved the original series. Otherwise, skip it.

Edit: We playing "darkest anime"?

Spoiler

i beleive evangelion wins darkest anime award....also its my favorite anime and the best anime IMO

#162 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

i beleive evangelion wins darkest anime award....

Compared to Narutaru? Not really. The whole point of Narutaru is that it's completely fucked-up. It hits a little deeper than teenage depression.

#163 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

Really want G Gundam, too expensive though.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#164 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

Really? You got me pretty curious about it. I might have to look into it later.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#165 JoePianist

JoePianist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

Really want G Gundam, too expensive though.

Now that anime collectors are scrambling for Bandai releases, I doubt you'll find G-Gundam Complete Collection I & II cheaper than $30 each.

#166 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

Really? You got me pretty curious about it. I might have to look into it later.

Go with the manga. I prefer to watch anime, but the manga's the way to go with Narutaru.

#167 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

Local Anime store has them over retail price. :x Maybe 50 or 70 at best. But I guess they need to make a profit. lol

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#168 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

Go with the manga. I prefer to watch anime, but the manga's the way to go with Narutaru.

I'll probably do the double route. I did that with Elfen Lied. And usually do that to my favorite series.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#169 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

I'll probably do the double route. I did that with Elfen Lied. And usually do that to my favorite series.

Fair enough, but the quality disparity is noticeable, so go with the manga first.

#170 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

I'll take that into consideration.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#171 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

Now that anime collectors are scrambling for Bandai releases, I doubt you'll find G-Gundam Complete Collection I & II cheaper than $30 each.

It was rare for me to ever find any 26 episode series for less than $30. This was especially true if I was looking for new copies. And most of the Gundam box sets are around 26 episodes each. (except for the OVAs, which are usually around 13)

If anyone is desperate, Right Stuf has a back-to-school coupon that is valid for all in-stock items. And most of their Gundam box sets qualify for it. Using that coupon you can get just about any Gundam box set for $33 each. It's not super cheap, but its consistent and they seem to have the stock.

#172 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

You'll be extremely lucky to find it cheap at a Pawn Shop, Ebay, or Craigslist.

Other than that, good luck to everyone for finding some great deals.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#173 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

Compared to Narutaru? Not really. The whole point of Narutaru is that it's completely fucked-up. It hits a little deeper than teenage depression.

never heard of that show ill have to look it up.

evangelion also goes far deeper than teenage depression. evangelion takes a trip into the dark depraved parts of the brain it just uses teenagers to get there cause its anime and anime is not anime without high school kids

#174 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:57 AM

also is this the show you are talking about???

http://www.amazon.co...ywords=Narutaru

#175 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

yes it is.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#176 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

thanks well in for one amazon has a like new used warehouse deal.

time to rot my brain some more with some other unholy show lol

while something can be more depraved than evangelion i guess let me clarify as i skimmed over an amazon review(i didnt read too much of it just got a slight glance)....evangelion is depraved and well told which sets it apart for me. its also a great insight into the human brain.

so im not going for such depravity for the sake of it. im hoping for a well told story in the process. so we shall see. though it sounds dissappointing that the anime isnt going to cover the whole manga.

#177 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

Elfen Lied is a pretty overrated anime.I thought the show tryed way too hard to jerk emotions out of the audience,especially with the whole puppy scene.

The manga was much better though,since the characters had development,but it still had some characters that really had no purpose at all to the plot.Worth the read though.

#178 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

Just so you know, the manga for Narutaru was put on indefinite hiatus (or more like got canceled) in English about half way through, so you'd have to read the rest through relatively illegal means. The official English release of the manga stops at basically the same spot that the anime does.

#179 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

Really, you think Naruto is dark. You haven't watched anime.

#180 Vash1306

Vash1306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:23 AM

Really, you think Naruto is dark. You haven't watched anime.

Narutaru, not Naruto: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narutaru