Assassin's Creed™: Director's Cut Edition (FREE) @ ubisoft online

[quote name='laseractive']Anyone have a promo code? Oh well got it. Thanks to the OP.[/QUOTE]

How hard was it to get, I'm guessing to had to sign up for their shop? Did you have to give a CC number? Do you know how bad the DRM is on it?

I know you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth but this seems like some kind of ruse to me, to get you to signup for the shop or install some crappy DRM on your system or both. I don't know maybe I'm paranoid but back in the day I had bought Spinter Cell Chaos Theory and the StarForce DRM really messed up my PC something fierce.

[quote name='thetruth1983']At some point you have to say "fark it" and just hit the windows key.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, alt+f4 not work?

[quote name='TheRainCoat']The first Ass Ass Ins creed is total ASS compared to the newer ones.

But thanks ANYWAY[/QUOTE]
I think I get what you're saying, and I'm inclined to agree. The first AC was pretty stale, so if you don't like it please don't let it ruin any attempts at AC2 or Brotherhood.

Played AC thru AC:B, and I loved the first one. Only downside to it was the 430 flags. I also like Altair better than Ezio, but I guess I'm in the minority here.

[quote name='roymustang']How hard was it to get, I'm guessing to had to sign up for their shop? Did you have to give a CC number? Do you know how bad the DRM is on it?

I know you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth but this seems like some kind of ruse to me, to get you to signup for the shop or install some crappy DRM on your system or both. I don't know maybe I'm paranoid but back in the day I had bought Spinter Cell Chaos Theory and the StarForce DRM really messed up my PC something fierce.[/QUOTE]
You have to sign up and install their uplay rootkit, but I already did that for the $1 Driver: San Francisco so no biggie to do it again for me at least. If you want to skip that definitely don't download.

edit: Looking again this one may not even need the uplay client, but I would bet it has DRM on it.

[quote name='roymustang']How hard was it to get, I'm guessing to had to sign up for their shop? Did you have to give a CC number? Do you know how bad the DRM is on it?

I know you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth but this seems like some kind of ruse to me, to get you to signup for the shop or install some crappy DRM on your system or both. I don't know maybe I'm paranoid but back in the day I had bought Spinter Cell Chaos Theory and the StarForce DRM really messed up my PC something fierce.[/QUOTE]

I had to sign up for it and there was no need to enter a CC number. As for the DRM, I am not sure about that. I actually didn't think about that until you mentioned it. Now I wonder if I should install it. :(

I will save everyone some trouble who is about to play AC the first time. After you get through the first, oh, three or so missions, there's not a whole heck of a lot of need to keep playing, unless you just loved the hell out of what you just did, because it's virtually the same exact thing for the rest of the missions. The missions get a little more challenging and the Templar guards start becoming more the norm (by the last mission, they've virtually replaced the standard guards), but what you do and how you do it and what happens in the story is all largely the same. I give them a pass because they were still figuring out two different brand new consoles at time of development.

[quote name='deletion']been waiting for half hour and my code is still processing. anyone else with this issue?[/QUOTE]

Same here and same with friend. I would never buy anything from them because the last thing I got from them took about 5-7 minutes to get. I did this an hour ago and still nothing.

[quote name='deletion']been waiting for half hour and my code is still processing. anyone else with this issue?[/QUOTE]

Same here. Been waiting about an hour

[quote name='Esphyrian'] I also like Altair better than Ezio, but I guess I'm in the minority here.[/QUOTE]

I think most people prefer Ezio because he has a personality. Altair isn't really a character in that sense. That said, he does make for a more badass assassin than Ezio, because you don't really know anything about him. He's a mysterious killing machine, whereas Ezio you've learned about through 3 games and became an assassin as he did.

I personally don't really have a preference. I think the non-batshit-insane sections of the Assassin's creed story are kind of throwaway. Neither Ezio nor Altair's personal and historical issues really clicked with me.

[quote name='zeldaking']Does this game support Windows 7? It says XP or Vista only.[/QUOTE]

I been playing this game (the steam version anyway) on Win 7 64bit with no problems. Only thing you might have to tweak is controls if using a xbox 360 controller may have to change a couple of the buttons cause it doesnt put them in correctly.

[quote name='windsmere']I'm almost certain it has Tages DRM. Personally I think I would prefer swallowing a bullet to Tages or SolidShield.[/QUOTE]

A-MEN to that, Tages has effed up my machine more than once.

If anyone is interested in this game and wants it DRM free I suggest checking out GOG.com yes i know this one is free but all of GOG's games are DRM free

Thanks for the info, I just finished downloading the game and it does require you to install Tages when you start the game. If you don't want Tages installed on your computer, you can find a cracked executable for the game and you can just start playing the game. Warning, make sure you are using a safe virus free executable, if you choose to go this path.

Wasn't the DRM greatly lifted via a patch at some point? I was thinking that it was nowhere near as bad as it originally was. This is just off the top of my head, though.

Edit: Also, deal dead? Says the product is no longer available.

[quote name='Kuma']A-MEN to that, Tages has effed up my machine more than once.

If anyone is interested in this game and wants it DRM free I suggest checking out GOG.com yes i know this one is free but all of GOG's games are DRM free[/QUOTE]
The version from Amazon game downloads is also DRM free. I have that version. I got it during the 2-for-$5 Ubisoft sale.

Missed out on it I guess. Oh well, the first game (the only one i've played) is very boring since it's so repetitive. Also despite Azio or whatever his name is being a freerunner, he's still slow.

Plus is it really "free" when your forced into using Ubisoft's systems? :p

Had no idea Ubi was posting deals like this. Was a bit too late to take advantage of this one. Kinda bummed. Love me some Assassin's Creed. Big thanks to OP for starting the thread. Going to keep an eye on the site from now on.

Just got an email from UbiShop, apparently it was a glitch...The kicker is I already downloaded it and it still works.

ubishop.png

bread's done
Back