Dead Island GOTY $19.99 Best Buy

[quote name='MysterD']You should note that this is for the X360 version.

Keep in mind, Dead Island GOTY is also on the PS3 and PC.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is also $19.99. I don't think there's a physical PC version.

This was $19.99 about a month ago at GS as well.

[quote name='MysterD']You should note that this is for the X360 version.

Keep in mind, Dead Island GOTY is also on the PS3 and PC.[/QUOTE]

did you look? this is also good on PS3.

[quote name='confoosious']did you look? this is also good on PS3.[/QUOTE]

I looked, but must've missed that....
[slap self upside head]

For the PC version...doesn't look like Dead Island: GOTY is even on BB's website.

SIDE NOTE:
I already own Dead Island + Bloodbath + Ryder White (PC) from Steam.
Got Dead Island (PC) from Amazon DVG, a bit back.
Won those 2 DLC's from a Twitter contest that Techland had, a while back.

Traded my old one in for $12, figured I'd buy this again when it got cheap again but I couldn't resist at this price, even though I already beat it and had the Ripper + Bloodbath Arena, I still wanted the full edition.

So after certs and promo code this came out to $5.40 + FS. Thanks OP!

My son has been wanting the DLC for this, but it would cost $20. Think what I will do is trade in the regular for almost $13 after the 100% bonus+10% GCU. And pick up this.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Any preference between ps3 or 360 on this?[/QUOTE]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-dead-island-face-off

"On the console side of things, Sony's system offers up a small lead in image quality, with a sharper presentation and better texture filtering giving the game a mildly clearer look to it. But at the same time it's a real shame that Techland couldn't deliver a suitable level of performance to go along with the slightly better presentation on offer. There's no getting away from the fact that the various issues with heavy frame-rate drops and near continuous screen-tearing more than outweigh the benefits in other areas. In that respect, the Microsoft platform is home to the most consistent gameplay experience, and one that comes with very little cost when it comes down to the overall look of the game. As such, it should be the number one choice for those without a semi-decent PC.

Of course, there is another consideration to make, and that is with regards to online support. Dead Island has clearly been designed with co-operative play in mind with the drop-in/drop-out system allowing various players to interact with each other at any point during the game's campaign. But is this enough to make the PS3 version a worthwhile investment? The overall experience certainly feels better when there are a group of people playing together and while that doesn't mitigate any of the PS3 code shortcomings, it means that you shouldn't completely ignore it if it's your only option."

They favor the Xbox 360 but if all your friends are playing this coop on PS3, then by all means go for that version.

Read the guide at 360 achievements . org and it seems that it very glithcy.
Since Dead Island Rip.. is coming I might as well wait for that. IDK>

[quote name='krashhole']Does anyone know if the DLC is on the disk, or does it have to be redeemed?[/QUOTE]
All on disc.

Excellent - thanks OP. I just submitted to Amazon to price match. I missed it last time.

I already played through this, but with the news of Riptide letting you import your character - I gots to play through this again!

Perhaps I should learn to keep some of my old saves... :)

Ok more than any Other game I have I want to co op this one. Anyone who wants to run through the game from start add me please! Bajingo

I like that the DLC is on the disk. I also picked up the steel case for Riptide. Used up the last bit of my trade in credit :(

Seriously debating on this one... Always thought about picking it up, but Oct. and Nov. is just around the corner. Has there been any recent patches for the glitches?

Does anyone know if the save will transfer from the vanilla to the GOTY? Going to trade it in if it will getting about $13 dollars in trade.

[quote name='superman37876']Seriously debating on this one... Always thought about picking it up, but Oct. and Nov. is just around the corner. Has there been any recent patches for the glitches?[/QUOTE]

Yes the game runs a lot more smoothly now. Runs great for me on my ps3 and my brother on XBOX.

[quote name='ryanputsgf']Does anyone know if the save will transfer from the vanilla to the GOTY? Going to trade it in if it will getting about $13 dollars in trade.[/QUOTE]My son has like 83 hours in this game, and it didn't affect his.

got one. 20 bones is worth a gamble, especially now that they've dropped a patch or two.
DLC appears to be on the disc, as there is no download/redeem code and the game does mention that the DLC is 'unlocked'. however, it doesn't appear to be like an oblivion (shivering isles) or fallout 3 where the GOTY has an extra disc that installs the content to your drive. this stuff doesn't install, it's just unlocked on the disc.

hope that helps someone.
Thanks, OP!

Speaking of that DLC. I had to Google how to access it and it brought me to a youtube video. In the video, the guys looks at a map on the wall and fast travels to Arena. I looked for a map to fast travel, and didn't find one. Why the hell couldn't they just add it to the start up screen. If any of you have the DLC and can show me the way, please send me a friend request on XBL.

[quote name='krashhole']Speaking of that DLC. I had to Google how to access it and it brought me to a youtube video. In the video, the guys looks at a map on the wall and fast travels to Arena. I looked for a map to fast travel, and didn't find one. Why the hell couldn't they just add it to the start up screen. If any of you have the DLC and can show me the way, please send me a friend request on XBL.[/QUOTE]

The Arena is on the northwest corner of the Resort map. I believe that once you unlock fast travel, you can go there. Otherwise, you'll have to travel all the way to the top left corner of the map and reach the Arena door. It's in the tunnel in that area where the entrance is a large metal door.

Also, just as a heads up for everyone. The Dead Island GOTY has all DLC on disk and pre-unlocked because it seems they created new disks for this edition. Vanilla saves are compatible. The Arena is reached by the instructions I gave above. The Ryder White DLC is singleplayer only with no achievements, but is unlocked when you first play. Just start a new game and move all the way to the right at the character selection. I recommend to beat the game first and then play it because it contains some answers that are left unanswered at the end of the game. The Ripper mod is already unlocked as soon as you start the game. Oddly enough it was also unlocked for the Ryder White campaign when I played even though I didn't find all the materials to make it.

A little nitpick about the boxart I found was that the spine merely says Dead Island, no mention of the GOTY edition, but the front of course says it is the GOTY edition.

I red boxed this one time and didn't find it that interesting. I found myself searching luggage for the most part and was bored. I think I did a "boss" fight but can't remember. Is there more to this game that makes it worth $20?

[quote name='Finch106']I red boxed this one time and didn't find it that interesting. I found myself searching luggage for the most part and was bored. I think I did a "boss" fight but can't remember. Is there more to this game that makes it worth $20?[/QUOTE]I felt the same way when I redboxed the day it came out. I gave it another chance a few months back and have been loving it. They have fixed a lot of the issues that were present around the launch date. Grab a few friends for some co-op and the game is a blast. The further you get in the game, and the more items you pick up, the better and funner the weapons get.

[quote name='kulaguy']The Arena is on the northwest corner of the Resort map. I believe that once you unlock fast travel, you can go there. Otherwise, you'll have to travel all the way to the top left corner of the map and reach the Arena door. It's in the tunnel in that area where the entrance is a large metal door.

Also, just as a heads up for everyone. The Dead Island GOTY has all DLC on disk and pre-unlocked because it seems they created new disks for this edition. Vanilla saves are compatible. The Arena is reached by the instructions I gave above. The Ryder White DLC is singleplayer only with no achievements, but is unlocked when you first play. Just start a new game and move all the way to the right at the character selection. I recommend to beat the game first and then play it because it contains some answers that are left unanswered at the end of the game. The Ripper mod is already unlocked as soon as you start the game. Oddly enough it was also unlocked for the Ryder White campaign when I played even though I didn't find all the materials to make it.

A little nitpick about the boxart I found was that the spine merely says Dead Island, no mention of the GOTY edition, but the front of course says it is the GOTY edition.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the information!

[quote name='Finch106']I red boxed this one time and didn't find it that interesting. I found myself searching luggage for the most part and was bored. I think I did a "boss" fight but can't remember. Is there more to this game that makes it worth $20?[/QUOTE]

This is actually one of the best games I've ever played co op and most definitely worth 20$. It really starts getting good once you pass the initial running around the resort doing quests (takes maybe 6 hours)

Only let down was the 2 DLC's in my opinion. (1) Don't care about surviving waves in the arena (2) The ryder white campaign is only single player where they could have made it co op like the standard game.

I stopped in about 20 min after they opened this morning and luckily got the last copy. I didn't figure this would sell out, but just a heads up.

Was on my way to get Witcher 2, and almost forgot about this being on sale if wasn't for the red sale tag. My store only had 2 copies left. Picked up both The Witcher 2 and DI GOTY for $25 today (w/ coupon and GC). Sweet!

If I just bought this last week from Best Buy is there anything I can do to get a price adjustment? I've been googling and not coming up with much.

[quote name='CuE-TiP']If I just bought this last week from Best Buy is there anything I can do to get a price adjustment? I've been googling and not coming up with much.[/QUOTE]

just take in your reciept and they'll match the price...

bread's done
Back