Photo
- - - - -

Get 250 Best Buy RZ Points (5$) for 250 Coke Reward Points!

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#31 pjgamer007

pjgamer007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

Awesome, thanks for this OP.

#32 ice_man_fb

ice_man_fb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

Thanks for the heads up OP got 1

#33 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:03 AM

In for 2, thanks Op!!!

#34 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:48 AM

This sure beats a free hat or some other lousy prize that Coke Rewards usually offers. I had heard the rumors of decent rewards, so it's nice to finally see some payoff from the hassle of entering all those codes. Thanks for posting!

#35 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

If anyone's interested I'll trade a digital copy of Boardwalk Empire season 2 and The Dictator for a code for a $5 certificate. Just pm me if interested.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#36 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

Awesome! Thx MeteoSparkZero!

#37 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

I wonder how much time/effort it takes to get 250 coke rewards points. National minimum wage is what, 7.25 per hour. I know it wouldn't take an hour to enter all the codes, but just wondered about registering, collection of points, etc. Not meant to knock the thread, just putting the thought out there.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#38 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

Coke is bad for you people

Yup. In high school I drank 5-6 a day, then I went to water. Legit lost about 50 pounds by doing that...being active helped too.

Now I drink 2-3 diet cokes a day and feel like crap most of the time, but it's addictive.

#39 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

My problem was just saving the caps and too much time would pass. When it first started, I had a 44 oz cup full of caps but most of them had codes that were no longer valid. I just entered some codes this past week and two codes from 12 packs didn't work any longer. I wish they had an iPhone app to just enter your codes.

If you register your phone number with your account, you can text in codes to be added to your account.

Nothing to see here, move along!

#40 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

Yup. In high school I drank 5-6 a day, then I went to water. Legit lost about 50 pounds by doing that...being active helped too.

Now I drink 2-3 diet cokes a day and feel like crap most of the time, but it's addictive.

I didn't drink coffee - only drank sodas. Then I had a kid and switched to coffee and got used to it pretty quickly. It has TONS more caffeine than your all three of your sodas combined do, especially if you buy the strong bagged Starbucks stuff instead of the weak Folgers or whatever. You'll find that there will be no problem with caffeine withdrawal by switching to coffee.

Don't use half and half. It's half cream (the top fatty part of whole milk). Use the powdered creamers, skim milk, or use only sweetener. I use splenda in mine without any cream or milk. My wife uses the flavored powder creamers. If you look at the cans, most of those are very low in calories (don't use the liquid flavored creamers in the milk section - they will make you fat).

I was able to lose 25 pounds in 3 months by not drinking soda, exercising half an hour each day, and not eating more than 2,000 calories 5 of the 7 days each week.

If anyone is trying to lose weight, this calculator is a good tool.
http://www.freedieti..._calculator.htm
You enter basic information and it will tell you how many calories you burn in a day. Then you can see how that would change with more exercise. You can also just stick with what you're currently doing and eat less than it shows you burn and you'll lose weight without even trying. The only hard part is figuring out how much everything is.

#41 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

I do not think $5 for 250 is a good deal. I think it was 1000 for $50 last year.

#42 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

I do not think $5 for 250 is a good deal. I think it was 1000 for $50 last year.

It's not the BEST deal but I'd say it's decent. Especially compared to what else is available on MCR right now. And I believe 2000 points is the standard for a $50 giftcard.

#43 Shiftygism

Shiftygism

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

Been kicking myself for awhile that I didn't bother collecting the points from my mother's Cherry Coke Zero addiction until several years in, and now I'm kicking myself even more for hoarding them instead of claiming them on the site, this 120 point a week limit is lame.....but understandable.

#44 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

I've had a stash of about 400 coke points in my dresser for about 5 years. Now I finally get to use them on something useful... at least half of them.

#45 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:47 AM

how long do i have to use the $5 reward zone certificate? 30 days?

EDIT: nvm. i found out. its 90 days.

#46 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:51 AM

how long do i have to use the $5 reward zone certificate? 30 days?

It's 250 points, not an RZ certificate. In other words, you can set you RZ certificate to $20 and the points will sit on the account. To repeat, you are not get a reward zone certificate. You are getting a code for 250 points which is worth $5. Once the certificate is generated,I believe you have 90 days to use it.

#47 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

Anyone else get more points than they cashed in with this deal? I did the max for 500 RZ points yesterday and today checked my RZ account and it shows 1000 new points from Coke Rewards (4x 250 points).

th_w03j81.gif  

#48 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

I saw this about 2 weeks ago, had enough points stored up for $10 worth of BBY certs. Actually made an MCR account after last years mega-deal for the BBY gift codes, hoping something like this would pop up again. Now I'm wishing I didn't blow ~100+ points on random shit earlier this year...oh well, it's probably the best deal we'll see for a while.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Arkham Asylum; Hawken; Whatever Playfire tells me to play.

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#49 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

Thanks for the heads up OP! I was able to grab $20 worth of certs which I will use to pre-order Dishonored or Black Ops II

O6d6OER.jpg

#50 FiveO

FiveO

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:34 AM

Anyone else get more points than they cashed in with this deal? I did the max for 500 RZ points yesterday and today checked my RZ account and it shows 1000 new points from Coke Rewards (4x 250 points).

:bouncy: I hear ya--Redeemed 250 Coke points last night and received my 3rd(!) $5 RZ certificate several minutes ago. Logged in to RZ and sure enough they've all been generated through MyCokeRewards. I wonder if anymore will show up as I work towards my 2nd round of 250 points!

#51 Hiro0015

Hiro0015

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

:bouncy: I hear ya--Redeemed 250 Coke points last night and received my 3rd(!) $5 RZ certificate several minutes ago. Logged in to RZ and sure enough they've all been generated through MyCokeRewards. I wonder if anymore will show up as I work towards my 2nd round of 250 points!

So its not just me =D AWESOME

#52 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

So its not just me =D AWESOME

That's weird....I had to manually input both 250 RZ point codes I received via email, and they redeemed 250 pts each (like they should).

Are you guys just receiving multiple emails for each set you redeem?

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Arkham Asylum; Hawken; Whatever Playfire tells me to play.

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#53 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

It's 250 points, not an RZ certificate. In other words, you can set you RZ certificate to $20 and the points will sit on the account. To repeat, you are not get a reward zone certificate. You are getting a code for 250 points which is worth $5. Once the certificate is generated,I believe you have 90 days to use it.

I think it automatically redeems the points for you into certificates now. That or my mouse-hand has become faster than my eyes...

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#54 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

I think it automatically redeems the points for you into certificates now. That or my mouse-hand has become faster than my eyes...

Not for me, it just gives me the points and tells me how much $$ I have in certificates. I'm Premier Silver so just bank my points until I'm ready to use a certificate then cash out and create one. Don't know if that's different than how it works for non Premier Silver though.

th_w03j81.gif  

#55 Havokscry

Havokscry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

Has anyone tried redeeming more than twice?

#56 thisguy101

thisguy101

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

Thanks Op got 2 certificates

#57 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

thanks op, i redeemed twice as well.

#58 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

When I redeemed my Coke Rewards points for BB Reward Zone points in Early August, BB issued the $5 RZ certificate immediately even though I was set to $20 minimum certificates. I am not Premier Silver BTW.

#59 daminion

daminion

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

To hear there is a limit now is disheartening :cry: but I wonder if they won't count the old cash ins against us and allow for the excess two to go through still.

Apparently they do count old cash ins against us since I just got back to 250 points and it won't let me get another.

By the way, this isn't that hard to get if you're entering the 12 pack codes, which give 10 points. I don't bother with the 3 point codes on caps. My inlaws save codes for me and I get a huge stack of them twice a year that I redeem over time.

#60 jetsaredim

jetsaredim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

I wonder how much time/effort it takes to get 250 coke rewards points. National minimum wage is what, 7.25 per hour. I know it wouldn't take an hour to enter all the codes, but just wondered about registering, collection of points, etc. Not meant to knock the thread, just putting the thought out there.

My wife usually drinks 1-1.5 cases of Diet Coke a week. I usually just rip the codes off the cases when I am folding up the boxes to put them out for recycling. When I have a spare second during the day I just put the codes in. I make well above minimum wage, but I'd say that the amount of time it takes to enter a code would cost less than $.50 of my time.

Its things like this and keeping cans for their deposit that add up over time.
Posted Image