Max Payne 3 SE $42.08 @ Amazon (PS3 only)

omyard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Max Payne 3 SE is at $46.58 on Amazon right now. This is PS3 only for right now. The 360 is still $79.99, PC is $75.52 from a third party seller.

http://www.amazon.com/Max-Payne-3-S...F8&qid=1346712150&sr=1-2&keywords=Max+Payne+3

Hopefully this isn't a repost, but I haven't seen anything mentioned lately and did a forum search before posting.

EDIT: Looks like Amazon just dropped it to $42.08. Still PS3 only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great deal, I wish I wasnt trying to get rid of all this useless CE junk I have piled up or I would be in for one. :lol:

Ugh, with the tax it kinda makes me ponder if I really want this or not but for $4 more I couldn't say no.

In for 1! Thanks OP!

sweet deal. there aren't any at my local best buys or anywhere else for that matter so i can't risk waiting any longer.

thanks alot, might go with this one, checked online a best buy about 97 miles away has it, not gonna waste 20 dollar gas for 10 dollar saving

checkout for the ps3 version went fine. i used the $20 promotional credit for buying brave (ds) a couple of months back

If you are looking to upgrade from normal edition, Amazon gives you $27.
So its less than $20 to upgrade
From unboxing vids, it looks like the game in SE has a UPC at the back. Not sure if its any different than normal edition though

fuck it!!

Just bought it even though I got in the target deal (with GTA bundle) just yesterday...

I'll just try to sell the extra copy on CL or ebay, push comes to shove, I'll just trade it in to amazon or BB.

Tempting, but I'm going to risk waiting for this to surface at $30; if it doesn't, I'll just wait for the game to drop to $15-$20. No biggie.

Since it's been impossible for me to grab this at Best Buy I decided to jump on it now. Even if it drops a little lower I'll still be happy to get this at practically half price.

[quote name='TheHelix']Hopefully someone will sell this for $30.[/QUOTE]
i'd check the inventory of your local best buys and gamestops. around here, they are all sold out.

this is really cool, I like here!
crazy.jpg

crazy.jpg

[quote name='Kuroknight27']how do u check how many are in stock?[/QUOTE]

I add it to my cart and than change the quantity to 999 and it'll instantly cut it down to the amount they have in stock.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']$42.08 now & only 100 left[/QUOTE]

There were a little over 200 last night when I made the post. At this rate it won't last too much longer until they either sell out or Amazon raises the price back up.

[quote name='omyard']There were a little over 200 last night when I made the post. At this rate it won't last too much longer until they either sell out or Amazon raises the price back up.[/QUOTE]
even though this ce isn't spectacular it certainly was a limited run that was intended for pre-orders only. i'm happy with getting 1 for $42.

[quote name='QuickKill']I can't checkout any more. I guess it sold out?[/QUOTE]You gave me a mini-heart attack when I read this. I'm not sure what's up with your computer, but I can still check out (I'm just waiting for stock to drop to

If only I had a ton of amazon credit instead of a ton of best buy credit, I would definately be in for this just because of the shiny floor with bullets on the statue and the keychain.

It looks like Amazon dropped it further to $42.08.

[quote name='JayRooster']If only I had a ton of amazon credit instead of a ton of best buy credit, I would definately be in for this just because of the shiny floor with bullets on the statue and the keychain.[/QUOTE]

Take your Best Buy credit and turn it into Amazon credit with the Kindle gift cards Best Buy sells. I do it all the time.

[quote name='omyard']It looks like Amazon dropped it further to $42.08.

Take your Best Buy credit and turn it into Amazon credit with the Kindle gift cards Best Buy sells. I do it all the time.[/QUOTE]

You, my friend, are a genius. I shall go to best buy at the break of dawn tomorrow and purchase this.

[quote name='Vigilante']You gave me a mini-heart attack when I read this. I'm not sure what's up with your computer, but I can still check out (I'm just waiting for stock to drop to

[quote name='maxim2boobles']Its the best SE i have bought , no regrets[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to seeing this...

Mine gets here tomorrow.

[quote name='aznhero913']Looking forward to seeing this...

Mine gets here tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
hopefully, they send them in a real shipping box this time. a bunch of cags that ordered from amazon last time got their ce box naked and damaged with just the shipping address stamped on them!

[quote name='PublikDefender']hopefully, they send them in a real shipping box this time. a bunch of cags that ordered from amazon last time got their ce box naked and damaged with just the shipping address stamped on them![/QUOTE]

thats terrible, i will be very pissed if that is the case

[quote name='Vigilante']Deal's dead--the one in my cart just rose to $79.99. Ah well.[/QUOTE]

Damn...I literally finished placing my order at 10:01 am and I promise I only ordered one copy for the $42.08 price. Then Amazon raises it back to $78.99 right after?

Either they decided to end the sale, or their last 40 copies or so got snapped up by El Hoardo.

When I had ordered it I was actually at my buddy's house about to go grab dinner with him and some fellow friends. Since I paid for dinner he decided to pay for this on his Amazon and decided to splurge on one day shipping so it would get here today(Wednesday) since it was the only day I have off this week other than Monday.

Anyways, he forgot to put it to ship to my address so it shipped to him. He got it today and just dropped it off a few minutes ago. The SE box came inside of an Amazon box. He noted that when it was delivered to his house the Amazon box was practically open. The tape was all around the box except for the front which had it all peeled up to where it barely covered a small section of the front.

He opened up the rest afraid that some of the contents were gone and they were all there. I checked myself and they are all there, perfect condition and sealed.

[quote name='rexflexall']Damn...I literally finished placing my order at 10:01 am and I promise I only ordered one copy for the $42.08 price. Then Amazon raises it back to $78.99 right after?

Either they decided to end the sale, or their last 40 copies or so got snapped up by El Hoardo.[/QUOTE]

^ No it wasn't el hoardo. This was restricted to one per account. Amazon is notorious for clearancing out CE's by dropping the price a $1 or so a day and when they sell a set number of units they jack the price way back up. Lately I have seen this happen with Ghost Buster's Slimer Edition and LOTR War in the North CE

[quote name='GBAstar']^ No it wasn't el hoardo. This was restricted to one per account. Amazon is notorious for clearancing out CE's by dropping the price a $1 or so a day and when they sell a set number of units they jack the price way back up. Lately I have seen this happen with Ghost Buster's Slimer Edition and LOTR War in the North CE[/QUOTE]

That slimmer edition still around? I want me one of those

So damn happy! Mine just arrived, it came double boxed. First box was from Amazon to me, the box inside was the original manufacturers "Do Not Sell Before May 25th, 2012" one.

Everything was pristine, finally a shipping box that wasn't beat up to hell.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']I hope you guys end up getting better looking statues than the ones I saw when I did a google images search for the CE...[/QUOTE]

yeah....

I'm not impressed at all w/ the statue...actually kinda regret making this purchase now.

[quote name='aznhero913']yeah....

I'm not impressed at all w/ the statue...actually kinda regret making this purchase now.[/QUOTE]

Really? What's wrong with the statue?

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Really? What's wrong with the statue?[/QUOTE]

Looks like Max Payne is actually clayface (from batman) and his face is melting...

bread's done
Back