Photo
- - - - -

Max Payne 3 SE $42.08 @ Amazon (PS3 only)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 rexflexall

rexflexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Deal's dead--the one in my cart just rose to $79.99. Ah well.

Damn...I literally finished placing my order at 10:01 am and I promise I only ordered one copy for the $42.08 price. Then Amazon raises it back to $78.99 right after?

Either they decided to end the sale, or their last 40 copies or so got snapped up by El Hoardo.

CAG? I'm Cheap Ass everything :booty:  :booty:

#32 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

When I had ordered it I was actually at my buddy's house about to go grab dinner with him and some fellow friends. Since I paid for dinner he decided to pay for this on his Amazon and decided to splurge on one day shipping so it would get here today(Wednesday) since it was the only day I have off this week other than Monday.

Anyways, he forgot to put it to ship to my address so it shipped to him. He got it today and just dropped it off a few minutes ago. The SE box came inside of an Amazon box. He noted that when it was delivered to his house the Amazon box was practically open. The tape was all around the box except for the front which had it all peeled up to where it barely covered a small section of the front.

He opened up the rest afraid that some of the contents were gone and they were all there. I checked myself and they are all there, perfect condition and sealed.

#33 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

Damn...I literally finished placing my order at 10:01 am and I promise I only ordered one copy for the $42.08 price. Then Amazon raises it back to $78.99 right after?

Either they decided to end the sale, or their last 40 copies or so got snapped up by El Hoardo.

^ No it wasn't el hoardo. This was restricted to one per account. Amazon is notorious for clearancing out CE's by dropping the price a $1 or so a day and when they sell a set number of units they jack the price way back up. Lately I have seen this happen with Ghost Buster's Slimer Edition and LOTR War in the North CE

#34 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:47 AM

^ No it wasn't el hoardo. This was restricted to one per account. Amazon is notorious for clearancing out CE's by dropping the price a $1 or so a day and when they sell a set number of units they jack the price way back up. Lately I have seen this happen with Ghost Buster's Slimer Edition and LOTR War in the North CE

That slimmer edition still around? I want me one of those

#35 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

So damn happy! Mine just arrived, it came double boxed. First box was from Amazon to me, the box inside was the original manufacturers "Do Not Sell Before May 25th, 2012" one.

Everything was pristine, finally a shipping box that wasn't beat up to hell.

#36 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

received mine today boxed, in mint condition. looks like amazon is finally shipping these properly.

#37 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

I hope you guys end up getting better looking statues than the ones I saw when I did a google images search for the CE...

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Hearthstone, Sam & Max S1E04; Spec Ops The Line

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#38 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

I hope you guys end up getting better looking statues than the ones I saw when I did a google images search for the CE...

yeah....

I'm not impressed at all w/ the statue...actually kinda regret making this purchase now.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#39 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

yeah....

I'm not impressed at all w/ the statue...actually kinda regret making this purchase now.

Really? What's wrong with the statue?

#40 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

Really? What's wrong with the statue?

Looks like Max Payne is actually clayface (from batman) and his face is melting...

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#41 Heavyd814life

Heavyd814life

♥ Swept In Sound ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Can't believe i missed out on this deal - i've really got to check the video game deals forum more often

heavyd814eva.png

#42 ECisMe

ECisMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

While it's a good price for what it is, I would recommend skipping this one and spending money on something else. Even discounting the first two games of the series (which I find to be superior shooters regardless), Max Payne 3 is a stilted and disjointed experience due to an overabundance of mid-level cutscenes. The game takes you out of the action far too many times to ever build up a decent pace, and worse yet pulls the old "switch to the weapon Max was holding in the cutscene, even though the cutscene started with you holding a different weapon" move. So not only are the cutscenes drawing you out of the game and breaking up the flow, they are ruining your combat strategy and effectiveness.