Microsoft Store Pre-Orders = $10 MS Coupon + 1600 MSP + FREE Shipping -- $59.99

• Please log in to reply
1119 replies to this topic

#541 howard

howard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

I suggest either renting it. You could always do the less than honorable thing and pick it up from Walmart and return the new/sealed copy when you get it from MS.

Go read the fourth post from the bottom on page 26.

#542 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

Do they even have it in stock anymore? If they did it wouldn't ship out to tomorrow evening. They ship out from California so it would probably take 3 or 4 days depending on where you are.

Thanks alot for the quick reply. I think I will just stick with bestbuy. Its $10 less savings but at BB i get some extra dlc to compensate at least. Im happy with $40 and potentially trading it in for near what I paid.

#543 Stormedtrooper

Stormedtrooper

Say no to Halo.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

Wow, misread the MS email andthought I was getting free shipping, not a free game. Gotta admit that MS really went above and beyond in correcting this snafu. Kudos.

#544 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

Might do this for Assassins Creed 3, thats a nice deal. I want to get black ops 2 also, but they dont seem to have the hardened edition. -_-

Actually i might just get ACIII, then use the 10 dollar code on Blops 2 regular edition, then use that 10 dollar code on $20 ms points. So ACIII, Blops II + $60 dollars in MS points for 126 after taxes. Thats like getting 60 dollars in MS points for 6 dollars.

If i order blops 2 from MS store ill still get the nuketown 2025 map right?

Edited by The 7th Number, 09 October 2012 - 05:24 AM.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#545 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

So has anyone actually gotten shipping confirmation? I'm glad the game is free but I would also like to play it tomorrow.

I got a cancellation email but I received an email from UPS that microsoft sent me a package. Nothing official from microsoft, but they have already sent to according to UPS

#546 manicbomber

manicbomber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

I went ahead and ordered Fable: The Journey. I was going to end up playing that game sooner or later (really can't stop playing Fable games) and with the $10 coupon and the free points it's really not that bad of a deal. Not to mention free shipping.

#547 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

Hey LilJrSanchez, great job keeping such a massive thread up to date instead of abandoning it. Very much appreciated. /end sarcasm

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#548 GlassAgate

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

Dishonored

My order was cancelled, but has since been reinstated.
I got an e-mail, saying so, along with a confirmation that
I'd be getting a $10 store credit, and 1600 MS points.

As far as my Borderlands 2 extras are concerned....:
A few days ago, they said that I was entitled to them,
and that they were working on the issue.

I really hope that this problem, with their store, is fixed,
for future purchases.

#549 sengar

sengar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

Got a delivery alert from UPS, looks like Fable was sent out Next Day and will be here some time today. I'm fairly impressed with how far they've gone to resolve the situation, definitely much more than I expected.

#550 foolcrowley

foolcrowley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

I just got a UPS delivery alert for today from Microsoft Store. Looks like we're getting all that free AND release day delivery :applause:

#551 howard

howard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Nice.

Edit:I got a phone call a little while ago from the customer service rep I spoke to yesterday afternoon. He reiterated what the emails from last night said, apologized again, and said the game should go out today or tomorrow. I'm impressed that he called.

Edited by howard, 09 October 2012 - 02:46 PM.
added my call

#552 ThomasTruong

ThomasTruong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Over the weekend, I received codes for the MS points and 10 dollars in credit. While the code for the MS points worked, I attempted to order another 1600 point card with the ten dollars.

After the order was confirmed, I waited for an hour and went to check my status. and it says the order was 'Declined by System'. I tried to order again and it now would say 'the code has been used the maximum amount of times.'

Attempted to email them but no response, I guess I'm gonna have to call them this weekend. Sucks though.

#553 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Over the weekend, I received codes for the MS points and 10 dollars in credit. While the code for the MS points worked, I attempted to order another 1600 point card with the ten dollars.

After the order was confirmed, I waited for an hour and went to check my status. and it says the order was 'Declined by System'. I tried to order again and it now would say 'the code has been used the maximum amount of times.'

Attempted to email them but no response, I guess I'm gonna have to call them this weekend. Sucks though.

Hmmm so is this just bad luck for you or do you think we cant use the 10 coupon on 1600 point cards?

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#554 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

Is this deal available within the Microsoft Stores themselves? Because I'd much rather drive to the closest one to me than have to wait 3-7 days for the game I want to order.

SteamWidget.PNG

#555 ThomasTruong

ThomasTruong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hmmm so is this just bad luck for you or do you think we cant use the 10 coupon on 1600 point cards?

I think some other people confirmed it worked eariler in the thread, and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. Maybe it was just my credit card, but I'll find out for sure when I'm able to contact them.

#556 ShinHwaSM

ShinHwaSM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Where are you guys at that got their UPS alert confirmation or a phone call? I still haven't gotten mine and I live in California.

#557 sengar

sengar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Where are you guys at that got their UPS alert confirmation or a phone call? I still haven't gotten mine and I live in California.

Western NY. The first UPS delivery alert e-mail came through just before 1AM last night.

#558 howard

howard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

I never got a UPS confirmation email but my game was just delivered a little while ago.

#559 ReussDr

ReussDr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

I too had ordered both Fable and Dishonored, and got the cancellation emails. After reading here, I decided to let Microsoft work at it for a while, because I had a busy day, and didn't have time to complain to them. Last night I got the "your orders have been reinstated, and we're giving you the games for free", and this morning, I got my delivery from UPS.

It was a bit stressful to have the cancellation emails come through on games about to be released, but to have them reinstated was good, and to have both of the games be free (plus coupons) is awesome. Microsoft effectively just gave me $110 worth of games.

Hands down, this is the best response I have seen to a pre-order screw up.

#560 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

I didn't realize that Fable got the same free treatment. I almost ordered the game. I never use my Kinect and figured I'd never play the game.

#561 ShinHwaSM

ShinHwaSM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

I believe Just Dance 4 preorders also got accidentally canceled.

#562 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

I can't believe you can't even cancel pre-order online - just spent the last 20 minutes on the phone cancelling a game. I hope they actually refund my card and cancelled the right game.

Funny how they have the nerve to put that banner about how the MS Store was surveyed to be in the top 5% of Internet stores, everything is like pulling teeth with MS.

#563 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

So has anyone actually gotten shipping confirmation? I'm glad the game is free but I would also like to play it tomorrow.

I did not get any shipping confirmations but i did receive my copy of Dishonored today delivered by UPS. Free and release day shipping! It doesn't get any better!!

#564 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

woah!!! I just got Just Dance 4 for free! I got an email saying my order was accidentally canceled. And then another email saying they fixed the problem and are sending it for free!

I didn't even respond yet. OMG! I'm kind of loving the Microsoft store now...

#565 rust in peace

rust in peace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Got my Just Dance 4 that was cancelled in today for free. Now to wait for the points and $10 cert.

#566 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

Haven't got my Just Dance 4 yet.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#567 ProggleRock

ProggleRock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hey guys, I also received Dishonored (and the credit) for free, and received the game today. Does anyone know if I received it today (release day) as more recompense for their "mistake," or if all pre-orders are delivered on release day? That'd be sweet if the latter were the case (considering Amazon bumped up their release day shipping), and I want to bite on their Halo 4 deal, but I'd really like it on release day.

#568 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

I think the Microsoft Store will be a store I'll definitely shop at now. I've bought a couple things from them before but they were always way after the bigs (Amazon, Best Buy, Newegg, etc.).

Man, I wish this mistake happened with my Forza Horizon preorder! :p

#569 ThomasTruong

ThomasTruong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Just got a email (About 72 hours later) with a apology for the issue and that they have to check with a different department, but they shoudl give me another code for $10 off.

Based on the last few pages, looks like a storefront issue or a huge human error that just went berserk on canceling stuff, and they are really trying to stay goody-goody with everyone by correcting the mistakes with free stuff. Can't stay mad at them if they're trying at least.

#570 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Hey guys, I also received Dishonored (and the credit) for free, and received the game today. Does anyone know if I received it today (release day) as more recompense for their "mistake," or if all pre-orders are delivered on release day? That'd be sweet if the latter were the case (considering Amazon bumped up their release day shipping), and I want to bite on their Halo 4 deal, but I'd really like it on release day.

I bought Borderlands 2 last month and got it on release day -- they're offering release day delivery on preorders, but not mentioning it on their website (some BL2 orders were delayed so most likely they can't guarantee it for every preorder)

Their website is a mess for a major company and I think the only reason they're giving these games for free is that most likely the glitch was processing the preorders and canceling them at the same time so the games were getting ready to ship without being charged (or charges being refunded) -- it was easier for them to just give it away rather than having a social media nightmare