Microsoft Store Pre-Orders = $10 MS Coupon + 1600 MSP + FREE Shipping -- $59.99

• Please log in to reply
1119 replies to this topic

#721 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

My first order, I got the codes 2 days after. My second order, nothing and had to call in to get my codes.

594280.png

#722 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

I got my copy of Forza Horizon in the mail today! Couldn't be happier. Will get the codes in the next day or two, and may pre-order COD: Black Ops 2 from them as well.

Rambojr03.png

card.png

fs.png

#723 NewOrder01

NewOrder01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

I got my copy of Forza Horizon in the mail today! Couldn't be happier. Will get the codes in the next day or two, and may pre-order COD: Black Ops 2 from them as well.

When I pre-ordered Boarderlands 2 & Dishonored, I received my codes right before the games shipped. Forza shipped and is due to arrive today and no codes.:cry:
MS told me that it could take 11 days for them to send out the codes...

#724 SirChadlyOC

SirChadlyOC

Leveling up builds character

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

My Dance Central 3 pre-order codes came in today, about 2 hours after I emailed customer service. Not sure if those events are related or not. It took another hour after I entered the code to get the digital points.

I would probably buy from Microsoft store again, but only if they had a deal that was too good to pass up. Although my game came immediately, I don't think I'd trust them for a game I need to play day-one (like Borderlands 2).

#725 kintanos

kintanos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

My Dance Central 3 pre-order codes came in today, about 2 hours after I emailed customer service. Not sure if those events are related or not. It took another hour after I entered the code to get the digital points.

I would probably buy from Microsoft store again, but only if they had a deal that was too good to pass up. Although my game came immediately, I don't think I'd trust them for a game I need to play day-one (like Borderlands 2).

Probably a coincidence since I also got my codes and I didn't contact customer service at all.

#726 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

woohoo! got Forza Horizon on release day! that's 3 for 3 on free release day shipping.

#727 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

So did Forza not come with any preorder bonuses, other than the pts and GC. I had assumed it would at least come with something considering its a microsoft game and other retailers have some dlc for preorders. Opened the box expecting an online pass or something to get some extra dlc for buying new, but nothing.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#728 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

So did Forza not come with any preorder bonuses, other than the pts and GC. I had assumed it would at least come with something considering its a microsoft game and other retailers have some dlc for preorders. Opened the box expecting an online pass or something to get some extra dlc for buying new, but nothing.

It was supposed to come with a code for the Nissan 370z, I did not get a code for this when I picked up my preorder. And since they no longer have a display for preorders I couldn't show them that it was advertised.

#729 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

It was supposed to come with a code for the Nissan 370z, I did not get a code for this when I picked up my preorder. And since they no longer have a display for preorders I couldn't show them that it was advertised.

the Microsoft store never offered the 370Z. It was other retailers like Newegg that offered it. which was fine with me. rather have the 1600 points and $10 then a fake digital car.

#730 flashburn

flashburn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

the Microsoft store never offered the 370Z. It was other retailers like Newegg that offered it. which was fine with me. rather have the 1600 points and $10 then a fake digital car.

Yeah, actually it is supposed to come with a code for the 370Z:

http://www.forzaplan...-for-pre-order/
http://forums.forzam...ad/5800437.aspx

#731 theeipi

theeipi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

i got my game today, but didn't get the $10 code, DLC code, or points code..:(
e^(ipi) = -1

#732 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

my dance central 3 code came today also, your events were not related

#733 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

Yeah, actually it is supposed to come with a code for the 370Z:

http://www.forzaplan...-for-pre-order/
http://forums.forzam...ad/5800437.aspx

I know what your links say. maybe it was supposed to originally. but I remember when I was shopping the preorders, the Microsoft store did not offer the 370Z, and the reason I remember at not seeing it on the product page is I remember being disappointed that I wasn't getting the preorder bonus versus what the other retailers were offering. but I remember doing an "oh well, I get 1600 points and $10 instead" and accepting that rather than buying somewhere else to get a digital car.

#734 azteg28

azteg28

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

Anyone else have two charges on their credit card? for dc3 I have two charges for the same amount on 10/16 and 10/17. I called today and after 30 minutes and not really understanding the lady I was told the first is a preauth, but it's still on my account today. do the charges take a week to go away or something?

#735 Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

azteg 28: Charge authorizations usually go away in three days, although some banks or card issuers may take longer.

BTW, Horizon arrived yesterday. Great game, will probably be available cheap Black Friday, so if you missed a preorder deal, might want to watch for it.

#736 flashburn

flashburn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

So fucking ridiculous. I preordered Forza a while ago, but somehow the promo was never attached to my order. I talked with someone through chat yesterday, who said they would talk to their supervisor to find out what happened and call me back. Of course they never did. Then I chat again today, and they basically say "sorry, nothing I can do, if you want help, call us". So now I need to waste even more time and call them up. I swear I'm close to just calling my credit card company and disputing the charge.

#737 manicbomber

manicbomber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Good thing I bothered to call and have this issue escalated, because they've managed to do nothing. If they tell you they will be contacting you in 24 hours... Don't you believe it.

#738 hoowahman

hoowahman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

I also preordered Forza but have not seen any emails with promotion codes in it!

#739 trailclimber

trailclimber

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

My copy has said "In Process" for over two days now. Two phone calls have led to nothing more than "The game was just released yesterday, so we're still in the process of shipping them out." What a joke.

#740 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

My copy has said "In Process" for over two days now. Two phone calls have led to nothing more than "The game was just released yesterday, so we're still in the process of shipping them out." What a joke.

Well obviously customers who preorder are supposed to get the game later than people who just walk into a store after launch and buy the game without having had to preorder.

#741 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

I also preordered Forza but have not seen any emails with promotion codes in it!

dude forza came out yesterday, give it some time? didn't they say it takes like 4-7 business days or something like that?

#742 Twista48

Twista48

Shabadoobie Showtime

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

ive never bought off of the MS Store before but if I preorder Halo 4 and get that $25 voucher do I get it immediately or do I get it after the game is released? I wanna use it to get Forza Horizon

TheTwistadOne48.png

#743 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

Can anyone confirm that the B&M stores will be giving $25 coupons at the Halo 4 midnight launch? Not the $25 bonus GC. Someone in the bing it on thread mentioned this, but when I asked they said they had no idea what was being planned.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#744 Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

ive never bought off of the MS Store before but if I preorder Halo 4 and get that $25 voucher do I get it immediately or do I get it after the game is released? I wanna use it to get Forza Horizon

The process seems to be that you'll get a code in your email a few days after you receive the game.

Horizon is fun, by the way. Think one-third Forza, one-third Project Gotham, and one-third Test Drive Unlimited.

#745 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Apologies if this has been asked and answered already, but is it possible to combine more than one gift certificate code on a single item at the MS store? I'm planning to use both the $25 from Halo and the $10 from Ass Creed to get $35 off on COD. Seems like you should be able to do it but the MS online store is so bare-bones I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't work.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#746 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

I'm pretty sure you cannot stack them.

594280.png

#747 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

I'm pretty sure you cannot stack them.

Well dang. At least I can always just pick up some MS points if I can't find another game I want.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#748 flashburn

flashburn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Let the stupidity continue... Fucking Microsoft:

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail us at the Microsoft Store. I do apologize that you have not received your pre-order bonus codes that were supposed to have come with your Forza Horizon game. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
Upon locating your order, I noticed that it was not placed until October 10, 2012 which is 1 day after the release date of Forza Horizon. The pre-order bonus material is only provided to orders that were placed prior to October 9, 2012. Unfortunately we cannot make any exceptions to orders that were placed after the release date. I do apologize.

#749 nhlducks35

nhlducks35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Let the stupidity continue... Fucking Microsoft:

What??!!

I'm going to pretty god damn mad if they do this

#750 hoowahman

hoowahman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

But uh..it wasn't released on the 10th of October...