Photo
- - - - -

Microsoft Store Pre-Orders = $10 MS Coupon + 1600 MSP + FREE Shipping -- $59.99

• Please log in to reply
1119 replies to this topic

#781 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

Someone said they got the DLC code for NBA 2k13 for all star weekend. So who knows, if its in the games case on early copies we might get it, but if its a dlc card given outside the case then maybe not.

Also my AC3 UPS updated and it says next day air. hell yeah! I only put for ground shipping when i ordered. :D

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#782 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

Some people in this forum have contacted MS Store support, they have no clue. I would say no as my copy of Borderlands 2 did not come with the preorder dlc when I bought it from the MS Store.

Also, I looked at my Assassin's Creed 3 tracking # and it's scheduled to show up tomorrow. 8-)

thank you sir!

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#783 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

Ac3 shipped out today, but Im mad I shipped it ground! I should've been an impatient ass mafucka, and paid for 2nd day shipping. Damn me!

Quick Question though: If I buy Ac3 tonight at say a gamestop, then wait for my M$ store order game to come in the mail, then return THAT game to gamestop, will they allow this and give me the refund?

I read somewhere (on this site) that most retailers have exclusive packaging so I don't know if what you'd like to do would even be possible as if a retailer has exclusive packaging it also has an exclusive sku

#784 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

I read somewhere (on this site) that most retailers have exclusive packaging so I don't know if what you'd like to do would even be possible as if a retailer has exclusive packaging it also has an exclusive sku

MS ships by one day air so he'll get it tomorrow anyways

#785 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

MS ships by one day air so he'll get it tomorrow anyways

that's not always true and in his post he clearly said they shipped ground (i.e. UPS Ground).

My experience with the MS Store and preorders is that if you don't preorder it at least at least 4 or 5 days before release date it doesn't go next day air saver

#786 x360x

x360x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

For black ops 2 nuketown and the double xp everyone gets it. I'm almost certain it's one of those first run things since it's packaged within the box

#787 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

that's not always true and in his post he clearly said they shipped ground (i.e. UPS Ground).

My experience with the MS Store and preorders is that if you don't preorder it at least at least 4 or 5 days before release date it doesn't go next day air saver

He said he was mad that he picked ground shipping, but MS upgrades ground shipments to next day air saver if the preorders are shipped a day before release

If the order is delayed and it doesnt ship before release day (problem with order or they don't have enough copies) then they may or may not get the shipping upgrade

Since his preorder shipped out on time today, it'll come by next day air -- I doubt his tracking info updated when he posted the message (I got my tracking email around the same time and the UPS website didnt update the status until few hrs later)

#788 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:25 AM

amazon says

The Nuketown 2025 content will be available in the product packaging. You must download Nuketown 2025 to get access to the Double XP Weekend.

So im assuming that every place will get a 1st batch with codes in it. Would they send MS store a batch with no codes inside the games???

Also the ad on xbox 360 dash just says pre order and get the map + double xp weekend. It doesnt say where to pre order it from.

Edited by The 7th Number, 30 October 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#789 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

Picking up AC3 in store with the $10 GC from Forza and $10 down from bing it on so $40. Not bad plus the 1600 pts and another $10 GC.

Ac3 shipped out today, but Im mad I shipped it ground! I should've been an impatient ass mafucka, and paid for 2nd day shipping. Damn me!

Quick Question though: If I buy Ac3 tonight at say a gamestop, then wait for my M$ store order game to come in the mail, then return THAT game to gamestop, will they allow this and give me the refund?

fixed

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#790 bboy

bboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Has Nike Kinect shipped for anyone? I thought it would have shipped yesterday since the release date is today.

#791 not2worried

not2worried

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Has Nike Kinect shipped for anyone? I thought it would have shipped yesterday since the release date is today.

There shipping is all over the place. Hopefully today, but could go as late as Thursday or Friday.

#792 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Just got AC3 from UPS but no points card. Is it digital or automatically credited to my account or what?

#793 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Just got AC3 from UPS but no points card. Is it digital or automatically credited to my account or what?

You're supposed to get an email with two codes: one for the $10 credit and one for the free 1600 pts card (which you'll have to order from MS store).
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#794 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

You're supposed to get an email with two codes: one for the $10 credit and one for the free 1600 pts card (which you'll have to order from MS store).

Well, I guess it's time to call Microsoft and wait on hold for who knows how long :(

#795 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Well, I guess it's time to call Microsoft and wait on hold for who knows how long :(

That would be a waste of time, the codes should show up in your email 1-2 days after release day. If they dont come by thursday night then call MS.

#796 romanodog

romanodog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Does anyone know when they send out the emails? I know some places send out order credits and stuff a day or two after shipment.

EDIT: NINJA'D

#797 latin trident

latin trident

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Does anyone know when they send out the emails? I know some places send out order credits and stuff a day or two after shipment.

EDIT: NINJA'D

I waited a few days but never got the email. Instead of wasting your time calling, I would just email them with your order number and let them know that you never received the promo codes via email. They reply 24-48 hours and you save time. Just a thought. Worked for me.

#798 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

That would be a waste of time, the codes should show up in your email 1-2 days after release day. If they dont come by thursday night then call MS.

I decided to take the other route and enter a chat room with a tech person. According to the tech support person, it can take up to 10 days to receive the email. WTF. And on top of all that, this person had crap spelling. "It can take up to 10 days for your email to be receivd." >_>

#799 Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

I received my email containing the codes for Forza Horizon about two days after I received the game.

Also received confirmation that AC3 will be here today.

I am liking this deal and the service I've been getting. Looks like others aren't feeling the same way, but it's working well for me thus far.

#800 cold_young_thug

cold_young_thug

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

I got my game today! super geeked about it. Get the next day without even havin to leave your house?! PLUS 1600points (which will go toward the single player dlc) and $10 gc that will go towards a future preorder?! M$ is winning with me! No other preorder bonus is better than this.

#801 bboy

bboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Nike+ Kinect finally shipped today for me.

#802 Fracas

Fracas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

Anyone gotten their codes with Assassin's Creed III yet?

#803 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

Anyone gotten their codes with Assassin's Creed III yet?

Nope -- hopefully they send them out tomorrow so I can preorder Halo 4 with the $10 coupon

#804 VaultBoy101

VaultBoy101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Ok, I feel like I've seen people posting about a similar issue to mine before, but I can't remember where. I looked back through some of the thread but didn't see any mention of it, and it's a long thread.

I preordered AC3 from the MS Store a few weeks ago, and it's my first and only pre-order from them so far. I made a last-minute decision that I could wait for a price drop, so on Monday I called them on the off chance that I could cancel before it shipped. I had not received any shipping notices, and the order status on their website hadn't changed. The heavily-accented guy I spoke to took his time and even put me on hold for an extended period to "research" the issue, but he said that he was able to cancel it. He gave me a cancellation confirmation #, and later in the day I received a cancellation confirmation email. I checked the website and the order was listed as cancelled.

On Tuesday, I received a package containing AC3. I assumed that the cancellation just didn't go through in time, but there's no charge on my card, and no pre-authorization either. I also haven't received any emails with codes or coupons (checked spam folder too) that should be coming to me if the order went through. The order still shows as "cancelled" when I look at my account on the website.

Thoughts on what is going on here and what I should do at this point?

#805 davisdj

davisdj

CAG for life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

Anyone interested in selling their pts. & $10 off coupon? Please pm me if so. Thanks.

Check out my trade list please.

Join Bing Rewards, earn free rewards & I'll earn some as well. Thanks.

#806 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Ok, I feel like I've seen people posting about a similar issue to mine before, but I can't remember where. I looked back through some of the thread but didn't see any mention of it, and it's a long thread.

I preordered AC3 from the MS Store a few weeks ago, and it's my first and only pre-order from them so far. I made a last-minute decision that I could wait for a price drop, so on Monday I called them on the off chance that I could cancel before it shipped. I had not received any shipping notices, and the order status on their website hadn't changed. The heavily-accented guy I spoke to took his time and even put me on hold for an extended period to "research" the issue, but he said that he was able to cancel it. He gave me a cancellation confirmation #, and later in the day I received a cancellation confirmation email. I checked the website and the order was listed as cancelled.

On Tuesday, I received a package containing AC3. I assumed that the cancellation just didn't go through in time, but there's no charge on my card, and no pre-authorization either. I also haven't received any emails with codes or coupons (checked spam folder too) that should be coming to me if the order went through. The order still shows as "cancelled" when I look at my account on the website.

Thoughts on what is going on here and what I should do at this point?

Depends, they might end up charging you once they notice its shipped and if you ask about canceling it they might just say you need to return it. But they dont allow returns on 360 games. So you argue with them again...

Anyways, just dont open the game and see what happens. If a rep said the order was not too far along to be cancelled then it should have been cancelled even if it technically was already being shipped. You expected it to be and may have purchased it somewhere else or just dont want it. If you want to contact them I would expect them to give you a return postage. Or if they are real dicks, they'll change the status to shipped send you the promo codes and just act like its a normal order.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#807 cold_young_thug

cold_young_thug

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Firstly, Ill admit Im a little impatient, but has ANYONE recieved there codes and points for the AC3 preorder?! I want to use the Gc to preorder Blops2.

by the way, does anyone know if M$ blops2 preorders will contain nuketown dlc?

#808 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electrifying confusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Firstly, Ill admit Im a little impatient, but has ANYONE recieved there codes and points for the AC3 preorder?!

Nope.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#809 Markew001

Markew001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

So I've been looking over the past 15 pages of the thread and it seems wildly inconsistent with some people getting ground shipping and some getting next day air. Are more people receiving their games the next day than not? I have Halo preordered from MS and from Amazon.. I'm just trying to figure out the best place to go with. Amazon has never wronged me when it comes to release-day delivery but I have very little experience with the MS store.. I'd rather not have to wait 3-4 days for this game! Suggestions? =P

#810 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

I am personally 2-for-2 on release date delivery. Both times it arrived in mid-afternoon.