Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13 [OOS]
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Resident Evil 6

Each of the games listed are available with the offer. They include:

•$10 gift card for future orders at MicrosoftStore.com
•1600 Microsoft Points

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']Would be nice to include a :360: symbol in the title, thanks OP[/QUOTE]

While you're at it, please add Microsoft Store. And if it fits, the $10 gift card. And the 1600 points.

Nice find btw, liljrSanchez. I was planning on holding out on the game but this offer is really tempting. I still have to stop by the physical store to see if their Halo 4 deal is also available in stores. I'm hoping this one is in store as well.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']This is literally $30 free. Pre-ordered. No one's gonna beat this![/QUOTE]

IMO Best Buy does. You get some pre-order DLC worth at most $5, $20 back as rewards, and 30 (normal)/60 (premiere silver) days to price match to a lower price. So if the game drops to $40 within 30 or 60 days you get the $20 back. Making the game essentially $20.

The $10 at the MS store is worthless to me since they very rarely have deals and add in shipping it usually negates the savings.

But if it's a deal for you, go for it.

It might look like the order doesn't go through, but it does. You won't get a proper confirmation page, or e-mail, but if you look at the END of you order history, the order will appear as "In Process".

AS IF RE6 is gonna drop to $40 in 60 days. This ain't Raccoon City. Best Buy also has one of the most complicated and user unfriendly pre-order and promotion systems on Earth. Most of which require you to show up in store and deal with idiot customer service. NO THANKS.

Regarding RE6 pre-orders, it easily is one of the best. If you are interested for Borderlands 2, perhaps you can use the $10 off? Not entirely sure!

[quote name='ElektroDragon']AS IF RE6 is gonna drop to $40 in 60 days. This ain't Raccoon City. Best Buy also has one of the most complicated and user unfriendly pre-order and promotion systems on Earth. Most of which require you to show up in store and deal with idiot customer service. NO THANKS.[/QUOTE]

Most likely it will, with Black Friday and Christmas rolling around soon after the release sales always happen. 80% of all games go on sale for $40 SOMEWHERE within 60 days and Best Buy price matches. So if it's $40 at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart (LOL), GameStop (bigger LOL), and a few other stores that sell games you can get the $20 back.

And you are generalizing your experiences. Idiots exist everywhere, they are not exclusive to any one store, location, group. Sometimes I have bad luck and sometimes I have amazing luck. For example, calling Best Buy to just put a note on my account and being given $15 without me even asking for anything.

Also price matching at Best Buy is incredibly easy, no idea where you've been shopping.

I am not saying this is a bad deal at all, it just isn't the right one for me personally, if it is for you go for it. Just spreading information.

Not sure of what to do with the $10 given? Just buy more points.

Noobs.

(Though I hate that I'll have to wait a few days longer because of the free shipping. Sorry NewEgg but Microsoft wins)

[quote name='ElektroDragon']AS IF RE6 is gonna drop to $40 in 60 days. This ain't Raccoon City. Best Buy also has one of the most complicated and user unfriendly pre-order and promotion systems on Earth. Most of which require you to show up in store and deal with idiot customer service. NO THANKS.[/QUOTE]

You can pick up sleeping dogs and darksiders 2 for $30 each with TRU's deal, those games came out 3 weeks ago. I will bet any amount of money that this game will be $40 within two months of it's release. Look at the current price drops of new releases and the release window for this game (fall, biggest season for new releases).

I'm not knocking the deal, it's damn good. Just knocking your one comment. Your logic doesn't fit with a seasoned cag

Microsoft is really showing some nice preorder deals!

I think I'm going with the Dance Central 3.

The Sesame Street TV one is an awesome deal considering it's practically free but I don't have kids and I'm no longer 6.

[quote name='shadowkast']You can pick up sleeping dogs and darksiders 2 for $30 each with TRU's deal, those games came out 3 weeks ago. I will bet any amount of money that this game will be $40 within two months of it's release. Look at the current price drops of new releases and the release window for this game (fall, biggest season for new releases).

I'm not knocking the deal, it's damn good. Just knocking your one comment. Your logic doesn't fit with a seasoned cag[/QUOTE]

Exactly, is this a good deal? Of course.

Is it the best deal, not to a CAG who has been around and knows the cycle/pattern of things.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Pretty good deal, but the $10 towards future purchase would probably go unused.[/QUOTE]

Just buy some xbox points.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Pretty good deal, but the $10 towards future purchase would probably go unused.[/QUOTE]

When do you get the $10 coupon? When the order ships? I was hoping it was at the time the order was placed so I could train a few preorders together

[quote name='FurryCurry']Just buy some xbox points.[/QUOTE]

That is a very good idea. I'm very tempted to preorder RE6 with this deal.

If it can be done in store you can probably save another $5 since they usually discount pre orders, or at least they did last year when they gave out $25 gift cards.

Tempted for either Dance Central 3 or Resident Evil 6... could use those extra points for all the DLC that will get released for either game.

So this is $59.99 no matter what game you preorder from that list? Couldn't preorder Sesame Street which is only $29.99 and get the free 1600 pt card and $10 GC?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']So this is $59.99 no matter what game you preorder from that list? Couldn't preorder Sesame Street which is only $29.99 and get the free 1600 pt card and $10 GC?[/QUOTE]

Uhhhh what? It helps to check the website and see for yourself.

The wording of the fine print makes me think you are actually going to have mail in the receipt and then receive the coupon and points card by mail. If so I will pass. Or is that not the case?

Dang. I was just about to pre-order Kinect Sesame Street TV, and it ends up being out of stock. How can you be out of stock on a preorder?

[quote name='crunchewy']The wording of the fine print makes me think you are actually going to have mail in the receipt and then receive the coupon and points card by mail. If so I will pass. Or is that not the case?[/QUOTE]

It does sound like that, BUT when you add a game to the cart it adds the MSP and $10 coupon to the cart and zeroes them out. So it is conflicting information.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Uhhhh what? It helps to check the website and see for yourself.[/QUOTE]

I did check the site. It says free 1600 pt card and $10 card for preordering and Sesame Street is only $29.99. But it's Out of Stock. :(

[quote name='crunchewy']The wording of the fine print makes me think you are actually going to have mail in the receipt and then receive the coupon and points card by mail. If so I will pass. Or is that not the case?[/QUOTE]

That's what I read into and decided to keep my existing pre-order. Good initial find though TC.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I did check the site. It says free 1600 pt card and $10 card for preordering and Sesame Street is only $29.99. But it's Out of Stock. :([/QUOTE]

It was in stock when I checked, but I assume MS pulled the listing due to it being priced wrong and/or giving away too much stuff with it due to the price.

Hmm, that's a heck of a deal, especially for those titles that aren't eligible for 20 dollars RZ points promotion. Not sure where I'll be ordering RE6, but this isn't too bad of a problem to have. lol Thanks OP!

here is what i'm probably going to do. i had planned on pre ordering both. I would really like the microsoft store to have the resident evil 6 archives edition that would be great. I am going to pre order borderlands 2, use the 10 buck coupon towards resident evil. then use that 10 coupon on points. so 4800 points essentially for like 12 bucks. because i planned on getting the games either way so i might as well do it this way. plus with me, id rather have a physical copy of resident evil 5, which is included in archives but is a code for games on demand. i prefer physical copies so i could just order it later on down the road for like 15 bucks. i dont care about code veronica so i could just use one of the 1600 points on resident evil 4 if i chose to, still on fence. only thing im really missing out on, i was hoping to get the pre order items for borderlands 2 from gamestop. anyway i still could get them somehow? lol

Awesome deal, but I don't want any of those games except Borderlands 2 which I'm getting on PC. Not sure I want to go through the hassle to try and sell one and keep the points card + coupon.

[quote name='bigb423']here is what i'm probably going to do. i had planned on pre ordering both. I would really like the microsoft store to have the resident evil 6 archives edition that would be great. I am going to pre order borderlands 2, use the 10 buck coupon towards resident evil. then use that 10 coupon on points. so 4800 points essentially for like 12 bucks. because i planned on getting the games either way so i might as well do it this way. plus with me, id rather have a physical copy of resident evil 5, which is included in archives but is a code for games on demand. i prefer physical copies so i could just order it later on down the road for like 15 bucks. i dont care about code veronica so i could just use one of the 1600 points on resident evil 4 if i chose to, still on fence. only thing im really missing out on, i was hoping to get the pre order items for borderlands 2 from gamestop. anyway i still could get them somehow? lol[/QUOTE]

Don't get the coupons until they ship and the deal ends today. You can forget stacking the coupons on this deal but maybe another will come later.

[quote name='aus_nacht']Don't get the coupons until they ship and the deal ends today. You can forget stacking the coupons on this deal but maybe another will come later.[/QUOTE]

The T&C state otherwise:

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012.

^ I agree you most likely won't get the coupon until the order ships though.

If I preorder say three different games and get three coupons could I then stack those together in a single order? Do they expire?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']IMO Best Buy does. You get some pre-order DLC worth at most $5, $20 back as rewards, and 30 (normal)/60 (premiere silver) days to price match to a lower price. So if the game drops to $40 within 30 or 60 days you get the $20 back. Making the game essentially $20.

The $10 at the MS store is worthless to me since they very rarely have deals and add in shipping it usually negates the savings.

But if it's a deal for you, go for it.[/QUOTE]

You can always use the $10 at the MS store on another points card (no shipping)

What happens to the 1600 msp if you return the game? I assume they take off $10 because of the GC. What if you already use the 1600 msp, do they take another $20 off the return for that too.

[quote name='GBAstar']The T&C state otherwise:

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012.

^ I agree you most likely won't get the coupon until the order ships though.

If I preorder say three different games and get three coupons could I then stack those together in a single order? Do they expire?[/QUOTE]

Ya, apparently I can't read today. I have the laborless day virus.

Pre-ordered Sesame Street. I hope I can resell it for a close retail price. I don't have kinect so i really wouldn't use it.

*my son wouldn't be able to use it

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to stick with my Amazon preorder of Borderlands 2 mainly cause the fine print makes no sense and I will get my preorder quicker anyway (Amazon Prime)

bread's done
Back