Microsoft Store Pre-Orders = $10 MS Coupon + 1600 MSP + FREE Shipping -- $59.99

• Please log in to reply
1119 replies to this topic

#121 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

I preordered halo 4 from MS so I could get the $25 bonus a while back. I used my debit card. They put a hold on the $60 for a couple days. Sucked for me as I didn't expect it and only had $65 in my checking account at that time. Would have waited to order if I had known. Just an FYI to those who read the "card won't be charged until game is shipped" bit.

Same here, thought they were going to wait till it shipped but I guess using a debit card puts a hold on your account.

Called up MS and cancelled as I need the money more then the game.

#122 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:38 AM

I chatted with 'Tom' at Microsoft Store. No "Borderlands 2 Premiere Club" content with this preorder.

Kyle: I am considering pre-ordering Borderlands 2 through the Microsoft Store because of the pre-order bonus offers of 1600 MS Points card and $10 off a future order. Tell me, does it also come with the "Borderlands 2 Premiere Club" content in the game? (gold guns, token, additional Class)
Kyle: That is a pre-order bonus offered by several retailers
Tom: I am very sorry but we are currently out of stock on this product.
Kyle: Oh I know. I plan on checking back later
Tom: Just a moment while I look into that for you.
Kyle: if, of course, the "Borderlands 2 Premiere Club" content comes with it.
Tom: I am very sorry but it does not.

I wonder why? All pre-orders come with the Premiere Club stuff, don't see why they wouldn't include them with the copies MS gets.

Either way, there will probably be a deal near release date with a $20 GC or something. I don't need the points so I'd rather have the GC, and this will be the only time I use the MS Store so the $10 MS Coupon will be useless to me.

#123 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:40 AM

deal is perfect for me.. I wanted to get my daughters the Sesame Street game and i hate paying full price for msp so its a win win

#124 honkyjesus

honkyjesus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

If you want borderlands 2 I'd get it through Best Buy, if you can still get it pre-ordered for store pick-up where you're at. Save your $7 in shipping. Sign up for Gamers Club unlocked for $15, get a $20 giftcard and have a year of coupons to use. You come out about the same but get BB coupons and deals for a year and will have a copy in your hands at midnight.

Yeah, Best Buy looks the best by far with this. I have a twenty buck credit with Amazon right now, not sure what I'll do.

If my Best Buy store has a midnight release I would have to walk about five miles home, though. May be worth it, be part of history and part of a grand adventure.

#125 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

I wonder why? All pre-orders come with the Premiere Club stuff, don't see why they wouldn't include them with the copies MS gets.

Either way, there will probably be a deal near release date with a $20 GC or something. I don't need the points so I'd rather have the GC, and this will be the only time I use the MS Store so the $10 MS Coupon will be useless to me.

Escapist says it does include the premier club. http://www.escapistm...n-Borderlands-2

I'd assume that Escapist was wrong but I've talked to so many useless customer reps over the years.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#126 FriscoDude

FriscoDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

I emailed Microsoft regarding the confusion with showing a receipt for the promo $10 and 1600 Microsoft points card. They said that those items would be given to us 10 days after our game has been shipped. These will be codes that will be given to us through e-mail. The receipt is needed to get the promo code/ 1600 points if you pre-ordered in store.

#127 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

I emailed Microsoft regarding the confusion with showing a receipt for the promo $10 and 1600 Microsoft points card. They said that those items would be given to us 10 days after our game has been shipped. These will be codes that will be given to us through e-mail. The receipt is needed to get the promo code/ 1600 points if you pre-ordered in store.

So they are doing this in store as well? Called three stores in California yesterday and all of them had no idea.

#128 FriscoDude

FriscoDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

So they are doing this in store as well? Called three stores in California yesterday and all of them had no idea.

Sorry, the Microsoft rep didn't address that in the e-mail. She just mentioned if I wanted to do this in-store then I would have to find a store location and contact them. If anything, you should contact them through email if they might have more specific information.

#129 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

Sorry, the Microsoft rep didn't address that in the e-mail. She just mentioned if I wanted to do this in-store then I would have to find a store location and contact them. If anything, you should contact them through email if they might have more specific information.

Gotcha. If it is anything like the points promo they did for when I got my windows phone it will work out like this : they send you a code to go back on the website and order a PHYSICAL points card, they do not email you a points code.

#130 NocturneManiac

NocturneManiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:32 PM

According to Gearbox, it's only select retailers (Amazon, Best Buy & Gamestop), not every first day copy of the game.

http://forums.gearbo...ad.php?t=134551

Posted Image

#131 AlphaHunter

AlphaHunter

Would You Kindly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

According to Gearbox, it's only select retailers (Amazon, Best Buy & Gamestop), not every first day copy of the game.

http://forums.gearbo...ad.php?t=134551

Good catch! Thanks for the heads up.

#132 Pyramid Head

Pyramid Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

I just called Microsoft Store Corporate and they told me this deal is online only and the B&Ms aren't going to be doing it. Damn shame, I know I want both BL2 and RE6 day one, so I don't know if I'll be doing this.
http://points2shop.c...banners/2701211
I swear on my mother's eyes it actually works. XBL points/subscriptions, Amazon merch, Best Buy/Walmart certificates just for filling out surveys and doing recurring tasks.

#133 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

Damn I was gonna go to their store tomorrow to preorder bl2 and FIFA.

#134 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

Went to the store today and the back of the preorder box of borderlands says it comes with Premiere Club stuff, I don't know why it would be different for the online store.

#135 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

anyone know if these coupons can be stacked later on? also any limits on preorders?

#136 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Nobody knows yet. Fine print says gift card not eligible for use on pre-orders. We'll find out in 2 weeks when those who bought borderlands 2 get there gift card.

#137 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Went ahead and ordered Sesame Street, I'm sure we'll be able to dump it for $10-15. I was planning on preordering Halo 4 from the MSStore anyways, so I'll use the credit towards that, and then use the $25 credit towards a year of XBL.

#138 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

I just realized I still can't use the gift cards that I got last year with their shooter promo on an online order. I'm kind of amazed by that.

#139 frankwhite217

frankwhite217

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:46 AM

So none of these pre-order deals will guarantee release date delivery, huh?

#140 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

New games added:
Assassin's Creed III
Fable: The Journey ($49.99)
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Dishonored
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Just Dance 4 (can't find it, must be out of stock) ($39.99)
Black Ops 2 (same dilemma, can't find it)

#141 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

New games added:
Assassin's Creed III
Dishonored

Pretty good deals for some games not part of BBY's promo, especially if you don't want to take your chances pricematching.

#142 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

New games added:
Assassin's Creed III
Dishonored

You have to navigate through the obnoxious game lists to find Just Dance 4 and Black Ops 2 since they don't come up through search. Anyways, I preordered Just Dance 4. That brings it up to 3 preorders with this promo with Dance Central 3 and Sesame Street from a while ago. This deal is going pretty well for games not on Best Buy's preorder program.

#143 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:43 AM

Pre-ordered Borderlands 2! Thanks OP!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#144 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

If you have a Discover card then don't forget Shop Discover 10% cash back for MS Store

I preordered BL2 on 9/5 and it came out to $63.74 w/ tax

I just got my cash back pending email today:
You've Earned Additional Cashback Bonus Through ShopDiscov​er
Microsoft Store 09/05/2012 $6.00

Edit: looks like Shop Discover 10% is gone, they went back to 5% now

Edited by JaTaN, 11 September 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#145 bboy

bboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

This page should have links to all of the titles that have preorder bonuses:

http://www.microsoft...goryID.59682300

#146 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Updated OP. Thanks everyone.

#147 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

Still not sure this is a great deal. Shipping takes 3-7 days. I wonder if that's business days. Still too long to wait for an extra ten dollar bonus compared to best buy or new egg deals in my opinion.

#148 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

I picked up Sesame Street TV. Since it is basically paying for itself at $30, there is no reason not to!

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#149 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

Still not sure this is a great deal. Shipping takes 3-7 days. I wonder if that's business days. Still too long to wait for an extra ten dollar bonus compared to best buy or new egg deals in my opinion.

I think Black Ops 2 and Borderlands 2 I'll buy at Best Buy, but other games I'll get through this deal.

Those 2 games, I'm going to be annoyed if I'm not playing them day one when everyone on my friends list is. Games like Assassins Creed 3, I can wait a week to play it.

I just tried to buy a bunch of games, but my shopping cart kept hanging. Not sure if it can't handle all the stuff in the cart or if too many CAGs are on there right now shopping.

#150 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

What about the special edition versions are they offering them with the deals like the halo 4 or assassins creed?