Microsoft Store Pre-Orders = $10 MS Coupon + 1600 MSP + FREE Shipping -- $59.99

• Please log in to reply
1119 replies to this topic

#241 Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

Same here, just got the email with the promo codes for the MS Store. When checking out with the free 1600 points, you have the option of choosing "download" instead of the physical card. Waiting to get the email with the code inside it as we speak.

#242 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Cool, I'll get the code emailed to me.

I've got like 6 other games on preorder with the deal. I'll probably wait until I get the $10 coupon for all and pick up a $60 game.

#243 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Same here, just got the email with the promo codes for the MS Store. When checking out with the free 1600 points, you have the option of choosing "download" instead of the physical card. Waiting to get the email with the code inside it as we speak.

The code shows up immediately on the confirmation page.

594280.png

#244 greatdevastator

greatdevastator

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 to get in on this deal. The game arrived yesterday and I checked my Wells Fargo account as I often do to check over things. In the pending transactions area, there was a withdrawal for $65.?? and then a check card reversal for the same amount, as if the money was debited back into my account.

I checked again today to see if it was still pending and the purchase altogether has vanished from my account. Not really sure if I got charged for the game or not. A buddy of mine had a pending transaction and debit like me, but I'm not sure if the purchase disappeared from his account as I haven't gotten ahold of him today.

Did anything similar happen to anyone else?

#245 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

Didn't show up on the confirmation page for me. I hope they email it out. :-s

I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 to get in on this deal. The game arrived yesterday and I checked my Wells Fargo account as I often do to check over things. In the pending transactions area, there was a withdrawal for $65.?? and then a check card reversal for the same amount, as if the money was debited back into my account.

I checked again today to see if it was still pending and the purchase altogether has vanished from my account. Not really sure if I got charged for the game or not. A buddy of mine had a pending transaction and debit like me, but I'm not sure if the purchase disappeared from his account as I haven't gotten ahold of him today.

I show two pending charges and one pending refund on my account. Very odd.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#246 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Microsoft store does that. Same with Nike. They will charge an account and then drop it off (for whatever reason) and then put the charge back on a day or two after the item is delivered. Weird I know.

I received the 1600 pt code and the $10 coupon code for my Borderlands order. Can you get a physical card? I think I'm going to gift or trade/sell mine so I'd rather have a physical card.

Also I haven't gotten any codes for my Disney whatever game order. I placed it before borderlands so kind of odd to get one but not the other. Hopefully it comes soon

#247 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

People who bought both Borderlands 2 & Sesame St -- are you guys able to combine both $10 coupons for another preorder?

Don't worry the charge will eventually show up, MS is not going to be giving away free games and promos -- sometimes pending transactions disappear/reappear on and off

#248 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Mine didn't. I just rechecked the confirmation page that I printed and logged back into my account and the free points order says "in process". I would assume it takes a few hours to e-mail the points code out.

#249 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Mine didn't. I just rechecked the confirmation page that I printed and logged back into my account and the free points order says "in process". I would assume it takes a few hours to e-mail the points code out.

Did you get a confirmation number? All I got was a page that said "Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly."

I haven't received an email yet, but the promo code shows it was used if I try to place another order. I hope it went through okay.

Edit: Nothing is showing up in my order history either. WTF? Guess I'll chat with CS to fix this.

Edit 2: Here's what CS said

The reason why you have not receive the email confirmation it's because the order was flagged for review by our Review Team; review will take place within 2-4 business hours. Afterwhich, once approved you will receive the email confirmation with the product key. We take the security of your account very seriously and in an effort to protect your account, your order is in the process of being reviewed. We understand your sense of urgency in having your order processed so I will escalate this order to expedite the review process.

Edited by WingsDJY, 19 September 2012 - 06:29 PM.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#250 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Did you get a confirmation number? All I got was a page that said "Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly."

I haven't received an email yet, but the promo code shows it was used if I try to place another order. I hope it went through okay.

Edit: Nothing is showing up in my order history either. WTF? Guess I'll chat with CS to fix this.

That's what I got as well. I printed the receipt for the page just before I got that message. I'd really like to know what that other poster was talking about. Clearly they don't give you the points code immediately.

#251 bboy

bboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

In case anyone was wondering the $10 code does work on preorders that have the $10/1600 points offer. I used my code when preordering the Nike Kinect game.

Also I ordered the 1600 points but didn't get the code yet like most others here. The receipt does show up in the last page of my order history though.

#252 JVorhees#1

JVorhees#1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

Just got the email with the 1600 point download code. It took about 2 hours from the time I ordered.

#253 latin trident

latin trident

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

I preordered both Borderlands and Sesame street. I got the borderlands promo but not the Sesame street ones. Anybody else have this happen?

#254 vermadas

vermadas

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

The email with the promo codes for my Sesame Street order went to my Spam folder in gmail. FYI.

#255 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

I preordered both Borderlands and Sesame street. I got the borderlands promo but not the Sesame street ones. Anybody else have this happen?

I'll dig through my junk mail but I'm in the same boat as you. I received the promo codes for my Borderlands 2 preorder but no Sesame Street and I ordered Sesame Street first.

My orders looked like this

1) Sesame Street
2) Borderlands
3) Sesame Street

all orders were a few days apart and I placed a second order for sesame street to see if you would still get codes if you ordered more then one of the same item in a seperate transaction

#256 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Yes, the exact same thing happened. Live Chat was useless, I called them and the guy said it should be sent out, but it wouldn't be unusual for it to be later than the Borderlands 2 fulfillment. I'm not 100% sure I buy that, but I'll wait another day or so before I try to escalate.

#257 iphosho

iphosho

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

The email with the promo codes for my Sesame Street order went to my Spam folder in gmail. FYI.

Thanks so much for mentioning this! I found my promo codes in the SPAM folder too! I probably would have never checked.

#258 latin trident

latin trident

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

Thanks so much for mentioning this! I found my promo codes in the SPAM folder too! I probably would have never checked.

I checked my spam folder and unfortunately nothing there. Gosh I feel so guilty for even thinking about *returning Sesame Street at walmart or target though I didn't buy it there. I'll probably just eat a $15 loss and sell it on ebay.

#259 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

Yep, mine was sent 3 hours ago straight to my spam folder in Gmail. Props to vermadas. :applause:

#260 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

I feel so guilty for even thinking about *returning Sesame Street at walmart or target though I didn't buy it there.

I've learned quickly that the mere mention of return fraud on these forums will elicit a strong response. My advice is to continue feeling guilty and rid yourself of that guilt by not committing return fraud. ;)

Edited by eLefAdEr, 19 September 2012 - 08:57 PM.
accidentally a word

#261 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

Used the $10 & free pts code I got from BL2 -- preordered AC3 and added 1600 pts to my cart:
$59.99 + $19.99 = 79.98 - $10 off - 19.99 off pts = $49.99 + tax = $53.11
Plus another $10 off & 1600 pts after AC3 ships (will use it on Halo 4 preorder)

ShopDiscover has 5% or Fatwallet has 4% cash back at MS store

The free 1600 pts code only works on the electronic version (didn't let me use it if I tried to ship it) -- I wanted the actual card so I could sell it

Got the confirmation email after 30 mins which included the 1600 pts code

#262 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

So, the fine print for the thread title promo states that it won't work for other pre-orders (Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash).

I gave the $10 off code a try with a Halo 4 pre-order... it appears to have worked. The pending charge was instant and the total is $54.xx with state sales tax. It could a bug they don't know about, they do know about it and don't care, or they will try to tack on a $10 charge later (doubtful).

#263 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

So, the fine print for the thread title promo states that it won't work for other pre-orders (Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash).

I gave the $10 off code a try with a Halo 4 pre-order... it appears to have worked. The pending charge was instant and the total is $54.xx with state sales tax. It could a bug they don't know about, they do know about it and don't care, or they will try to tack on a $10 charge later (doubtful).

That wording is saying you cant use the coupon on the game you just preordered (if in store then you cant apply the free gift card to the same purchase) so if you preordered BL2 then the $10 coupon that comes with BL2 cant be applied to your BL2 preorder -- it doesnt say anything about applying it to future preorders

#264 Stri26

Stri26

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

MS Store does not sell 800 msp cards?

#265 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

Used the $10 & free pts code I got from BL2 -- preordered AC3 and added 1600 pts to my cart:
$59.99 + $19.99 = 79.98 - $10 off - 19.99 off pts = $49.99 + tax = $53.11
Plus another $10 off & 1600 pts after AC3 ships (will use it on Halo 4 preorder)

ShopDiscover has 5% or Fatwallet has 4% cash back at MS store

The free 1600 pts code only works on the electronic version (didn't let me use it if I tried to ship it) -- I wanted the actual card so I could sell it

Got the confirmation email after 30 mins which included the 1600 pts code

So. Many. Numbers.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#266 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

So. Many. Numbers.

Does not:whee:

#267 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

That wording is saying you cant use the coupon on the game you just preordered (if in store then you cant apply the free gift card to the same purchase) so if you preordered BL2 then the $10 coupon that comes with BL2 cant be applied to your BL2 preorder -- it doesnt say anything about applying it to future preorders

Ahhhh! :idea:

Thanks for clearing that up. Semantics schmemantics. ;) If they had worded it more clearly ("not eligible for preorders already placed") I wouldn't have the dumb.

#268 EliteMilkman

EliteMilkman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

Same here, just found my Borderlands Preorder bonus codes in the Gmail spam folder, be sure to check for yours.
“The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.”

CAG in the Shell

#269 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

I applied the $10 coupon from Sesame Street for a order on Fable Kinect. This is working out pretty darn good.

#270 poison_SHADOW

poison_SHADOW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:08 AM

Just pre-ordered Resident Evil 6. The Mercs maps being offered by other stores are nice, but I really never played Mercenaries all that much. Plus DLC is inevitable, especially if Capcom is charging for the 360 timed-exclusive multiplayer modes... so the ms points are a better bonus in my eyes.

Just to clarify: how many people had their orders on other games upgraded from free shipping to Next-day air? Everyone, or just those who ordered Borderlands 2? Thanks for any info! :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image