Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (360) $9.99 BB Clearance

Not totally YMMV as I grabbed one locally in PA as well. Was last copy at my store - but was nice since the last blowout was Ps3 only.

There were conflicting reports in the blowout thread; some said the 360 version was still $19.99, but someone later reported it was $9.99. Someone did post a link that worked, but it was OOS for many of us (not just the online stock checker, but actually none in stores).

Doesn't matter since my store didn't have any copies during the blowout and the blue-shirt there said they'll never get anymore copies of the game....EVER.

Annoyed that I never found a copy at the three Best Buy's I went to. It was my most wanted game from that sale.

If I'm around there this weekend, I'll stop and check again to see if a straggler copy was left behind.

This game is on its way to become one of those rare games since capcom did not produce anywhere close to the first second one of dead rising. We probably gonna get dead rising 3 someday if you count when lost planet also gets its second sequel.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']This game is on its way to become one of those rare games since capcom did not produce anywhere close to the first second one of dead rising. We probably gonna get dead rising 3 someday if you count when lost planet also gets its second sequel.[/QUOTE]

You mean its on its way to being flippable?

I got it during the blow out. It came up as $19.99 but the guy that works there is really cool and got the manager to override it.

[quote name='gantt']Here's the post I remembered, from 8/16:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9891703&postcount=3085[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was me. It was $9.99 during the Blowout.

EDIT: This game was on clearance during the Blowout, so these are probably leftovers
100_3324-a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JokerCard']Anyone have the SKU for this or stock checker link?[/QUOTE] http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...8346764021&itemId=1595816&pageMode=searchmode

[quote name='NINJA V']not even listed online to check stores... :([/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='mikehalc']Assuming that this is most likely YMMV but the E. 71st Best Buy in Tulsa has Dead Rising: OTR for $9.99 clearance. Wanted to share.[/QUOTE]Once a pic is posted of the shelftag or receipt along with what store/store # it is any BB can match the price by calling the store or seeing the pic

[quote name='heyheyhey11']This game is on its way to become one of those rare games since capcom did not produce anywhere close to the first second one of dead rising. We probably gonna get dead rising 3 someday if you count when lost planet also gets its second sequel.[/QUOTE]
Lost Planet 3 comes out next year, and DR2:OTR was put up for DD at $20 a long time ago on both consoles.

[quote name='akilshohen']Lost Planet 3 comes out next year, and DR2:OTR was put up for DD at $20 a long time ago on both consoles.[/QUOTE]

Dead rising 2 is infinitely better than dead rising 1

Huge fans of both and own all three (Plus all DLC and Add-ons for Xbox 360). Dead Rising OTR is the best out of all them. I still love Dead Rising 1 though (More colorful and real but the controls were way too awkward). Dead rising 2 has a slight edge but not by far.

BestBuy doesn't even have it listed on their site so you could check if your local store has it....

Is it likely they'll have a few of these coming in soon? Wouldn't mind picking one up and maybe selling it back if need be.

Edit: Has anyone picked one of these up lately? Probably gonna call in tomorrow to the two stores around me...hoping to ask for a hold for one, or at least put it to the side. Don't really care if they do that or not, I'm trying!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone confirm that DR2:OTR is still even in BB stores?

I can't find it on the site, the sales associates have no idea which version I'm talking about over the phone and I'd like to avoid scavenging around at my local BB if I don't have to...I'm thinking about ordering it used off their site, but its almost the price of a new copy ($17).

Why do they carry horrible $5 games but they wanted to shovel this game out so fast? It's not nearly as terrible as other games....

[quote name='masterd919']Why do they carry horrible $5 games but they wanted to shovel this game out so fast? It's not nearly as terrible as other games....[/QUOTE]

Those horrible $5 games are still on the shelves because hardly anyone wants to buy them. A game like DR2:OTR probably moved pretty quickly at $10.

[quote name='Thrinn']Those horrible $5 games are still on the shelves because hardly anyone wants to buy them. A game like DR2:OTR probably moved pretty quickly at $10.[/QUOTE]

True, but the original game is everywhere. I have no problem locating that version, but a newer, better version like OTR isn't anywhere to be found...

At $10 it's a steal alright, but at least give me the chance to find one before they get rid of an entire game inventory! It's like it never even existed on the site...all I can find are used copies for twice as much.

NewEgg has it for $15.99 w/ 4.00 instant savings and free shipping...I may go that route.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Could someone post the Dead Rising 2: Off the Record SKU? I did the normal search for it but can't seem to find it.[/QUOTE]
Look at a few posts above yours and the picture.

At this point if you want it new, I'd just bite the bullet and get it from Newegg while you can. Otherwise there probably will be chances to get it used for $10 or less at a Hastings sell or something similar pretty soon, if it is in stock, but its always hit or miss with the condition you will get it in from Hastings. Thats why I only get previously viewed and used games from them during a good promotion, so its a better gamble.

There probably wasn't much of an inventory to begin with, I don't think they had a huge printing of this one, since its more of a fan service type game.

bread's done
Back