Under Defeat HD Deluxe Edition (PS3) Available for Preorder 29.99

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Heads up for fans of great shmups, Under Defeat HD: Deluxe Edition (PS3 only as of right now) is available for preorder from:

Amazon (29.99):

http://www.amazon.co...ds=under defeat

Newegg (29.99) (DISCONTINUED: probably won't ever be shipped from Newegg, now an Amazon exclusive):

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879797001

This was recently listed as an Amazon exclusive, and the XBox 360 EU retail version is region-locked; so no North American version for 360 at this time. If you like shmups and want to support Rising Star Games in their North American releases of great shmups (like Akai Katana which was also recently released), please preorder this game!

Sorry that this is not technically a "deal", but its always a big deal when a great shmup is localized for North America.

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by chimpmeister, 03 December 2012 - 05:31 PM.

#2 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

This better get over to the 360 due to it's Dreamcast-like shmup library

We'll have to wait and see
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#3 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Here is the unboxing of the japanese deluxe:

#4 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

So that's their cover vs ours with the helicopter on it? wtf lol. I like theirs so much better.

#5 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

Is there a reason why the release dates aren't the same?

#6 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Hmm, doesn't say whether it includes the gameplay DVD and outer slipcover box like the Japanese deluxe version. I bought that one awhile ago, never got around to opening it. Debating if I should sell that now and get the U.S. release instead.

Thanks for posting, OP. And thank you, Rising Star Games, for bringing some of these titles to the U.S. I sincerely hope you make money doing it.

#7 david69

david69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

Nice! I'm excited.. cool vid too

#8 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Here's some additional info. It sounds like it comes with all the extras (kinda.. digital art book). It's coming out for both 360 and PS3 in Europe, but only the PS3 for the US.

Source: http://www.siliconer...ores-this-fall/

#9 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

Product Features
The most requested remake in G.rev?s library

Regarded within the shmup community as one of the all-time classic games

The original Dreamcast version pushed the console to the limit, becoming one of its best selling games

Both game and developer have a great reputation within the large shmup community

#10 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

Thanks for the heads up, OP. Looks a lot like Zero Gunner 2, another Dreamcast release.

#11 v0yce

v0yce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

This is a great game IMO. I have the Dreamcast import.

#12 Pets0undz

Pets0undz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

Thanks OP. In for 1.

This works with the Newegg $10 off pre-orders promo code: BTENANF35.

So this is therefore a deal!

#13 kurtori

kurtori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Found this dead link while googling, looks like the Xbox 360 version may be a download-only release for North America?

http://marketplace.x...nder-Defeat-HD/

Also want to mention that I own both the Dreamcast import and the PS3 LE, and is an amazing shmup worthy of any collection.

#14 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Thanks OP. In for 1.

This works with the Newegg $10 off pre-orders promo code: BTENANF35.

So this is therefore a deal!

Wow thanks for that, ordered one through Newegg! $30 shipped works for me, great deal! :)

#15 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Found this dead link while googling, looks like the Xbox 360 version may be a download-only release for North America?

http://marketplace.x...nder-Defeat-HD/

Also want to mention that I own both the Dreamcast import and the PS3 LE, and is an amazing shmup worthy of any collection.

According to the link I posted above, it's only coming out on PS3 for the US, but 360/PS3 in Europe.

#16 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

The game is fan-fucking-tastic. The DC version is probably my favorite shooter on the system and probably within my top 5 of all time. $40 is a good value but most will scoff at the price. Their loss.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#17 kurtori

kurtori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

According to the link I posted above, it's only coming out on PS3 for the US, but 360/PS3 in Europe.

The story may have been talking about retail releases only, or might be a more recent development as the story is dated 8/22. But could also be accurate, too soon to tell. The fact that there was such a link to an Xbox Marketplace listing for it though would suggest that it was a plan at some point.

#18 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Preordered since I love the game on the dreamcast.

#19 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

I am guessing Akai Katana probably didnt do too well.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#20 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

This better get over to the 360 due to it's Dreamcast-like shmup library

We'll have to wait and see

I am guessing Akai Katana probably didnt do too well.

It's more so because MS is really strict requiring publishers to print at least 50k copies of a game. That's why 360 does not get too many niche games released via retail these days (SCEA tends to just deny games which are JP voices only with ENG text).

Definitely preordering.
Posted Image

#21 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

Preordered.

#22 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

Not a fan of the cover, but it is nice to see one of these types of games coming here at retail for once. In fact, this is the ONLY PS3 shmup that's come to retail in NA afaik. Are there any others?

#23 Az986

Az986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

I almost imported this last year for $80 so I'm glad I waited. Not sure if I want it now though lol.

#24 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

I almost imported this last year for $80 so I'm glad I waited. Not sure if I want it now though lol.

You should. It's awesome.

Thanks OP. Been waiting for this to show up.
Posted Image

#25 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

Not very CAGly to preorder at this price. Akai Katana didn't take long to drop to a much more manageable $20. If you're PS3 only, your shump library is even smaller, but still, buying every one of these at release is almost, at this point, like buying every new regenerating health cover shooter at release. Sure, they're fun, but odds are good there are plenty of older ones you can explore while waiting for the new hotness to drop to a much more reasonable price
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#26 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

Used the $10 off code at Newegg. Thanks OP, cant wait to play this game!

#27 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

preordered thanks op.

#28 proatthis26

proatthis26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:31 AM

kinda wierd playing as a nazi

#29 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:19 AM

Not very CAGly to preorder at this price. Akai Katana didn't take long to drop to a much more manageable $20. If you're PS3 only, your shump library is even smaller, but still, buying every one of these at release is almost, at this point, like buying every new regenerating health cover shooter at release. Sure, they're fun, but odds are good there are plenty of older ones you can explore while waiting for the new hotness to drop to a much more reasonable price

It'll most likely drop, but I'm going to show my support for shmups on the PS3 and buy it at full price. Thanks OP!

#30 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

It'll most likely drop, but I'm going to show my support for shmups on the PS3 and buy it at full price. Thanks OP!

That's my opinion as well, I know this will drop in price, but I want to support RSG for releasing this in North America. They are taking a big chance by localizing this fantastic shmup, and I am more than willing to support them; already have two copies on order.

As for other comments about a 360 version, I honestly think Microsoft has totally dropped the ball on approving this for retail distribution. As chunlirocks said, the 360 has been a fantastic home to great shmups, and this game belongs on that platform (for North America, I know its coming out in EU) as well. If there is no NA 360 release, I would hope that the EU release would be region-free, like Dodonpachi Resurrection was. I hate having digital distribution as the only option, when other regions (locked) get retail, boxed releases. Thankfully this will come out on PS3, this is a nice coup for Sony, considering they have almost no shmups out in NA for retail PS3 at all.