Under Defeat HD Deluxe Edition (PS3) Available for Preorder 29.99

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

Isn't it cheaper using Newegg's $10 promotion? Just checked my Newegg order status, I got it for $29.99...

#62 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

Isn't it cheaper using Newegg's $10 promotion? Just checked my Newegg order status, I got it for $29.99...

It's still listed at 39.99 on both Amazon and Newegg, so as of right now 29.99 is a better price (I have it preordered at that price too, from Newegg with the promo code). Looking forward to this game, we're lucky to have it released in North America!!!

#63 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

Any new promos to get $10 off? I finally got word that is new job is a go and I had to hold off until I knew if was finalized before doing a pre-order for this. And as I see the offer is now expired.

So I'd appreciate any help otherwise I'll be waiting for an eventual discount (sadly, as I'd like to support the release) but I'm not paying $40 for a game I already own on the DC already just to have it on PS3, $30 yes, full price no. :booty:
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#64 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Any new promos to get $10 off? I finally got word that is new job is a go and I had to hold off until I knew if was finalized before doing a pre-order for this. And as I see the offer is now expired.

So I'd appreciate any help otherwise I'll be waiting for an eventual discount (sadly, as I'd like to support the release) but I'm not paying $40 for a game I already own on the DC already just to have it on PS3, $30 yes, full price no. :booty:

MSRP is $30 but it was only announced a day or so ago. Give it a few days and New Egg and Amazon will adjust the price accordingly.

#65 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

Crazy, I used to own the DC deluxe version that went for $150-200 on Ebay. Im amazed this got localized!

Edited by Inf^Shini, 12 October 2012 - 04:11 PM.

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#66 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

The price has been updated on Amazon to 29.99.

#67 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

The price has been updated on Amazon to 29.99.

Thanks Thrinn! Updated OP thread title with new price (Amazon only right now, Newegg is still 39.99) and added screenshots of Under Defeat HD as well. Got this preordered from NewEgg for $30 anyway with a $10 off code, I doubt Newegg will bump it lower, but thats OK. I really want to support RSG on this release, and $30 is a great price for this game!

#68 sidewalkhustla

sidewalkhustla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

I've never played this. Just seems like an $8 psn title. What makes it different from other shoot em ups?

#69 thrinn

thrinn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

I've never played this. Just seems like an $8 psn title. What makes it different from other shoot em ups?

The retail package also includes an art book, soundtrack, and all the DLC produced since the game's Japanese release. It's going to be a $30 PSN title, too.

#70 sidewalkhustla

sidewalkhustla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

The retail package also includes an art book, soundtrack, and all the DLC produced since the game's Japanese release. It's going to be a $30 PSN title, too.

What's special about the game itself tho?

Will this be something you can turn a profit on then?

Edited by sidewalkhustla, 12 October 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#71 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Unlikely. It looks like the art book is going to be a pamphlet inside the regular PS3 case along with the soundtrack. It's nice they are including these items for the price, but it's hardly an elaborate collector's edition.

#72 keine

keine

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

The art book will be digital... Whatever that means?
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#73 thrinn

thrinn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

The art book will be digital... Whatever that means?

If it's anything like what Raiden IV did then it could just be a link to a .pdf file for you to download.

#74 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

Product Features

The most requested remake in G.rev?s library

Regarded within the shmup community as one of the all-time classic games

The original Dreamcast version pushed the console to the limit, becoming one of its best selling games

Both game and developer have a great reputation within the large shmup community

I think chunlirocks answered your question quite well. However, even though shmups in North America may drop low in price at some point (like Akai Katana), they sometimes come way back up. Raiden Fighters Aces and Raiden IV are a few great examples; I bought these as low as $12.50, but both are way back up on Ebay (brand new sealed). No way to know about Under Defeat, but most people buy it to support he developers and enjoy the game. Maybe an extra copy or two for collectability doesn't hurt. ;)

#75 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

I think chunlirocks answered your question quite well. However, even though shmups in North America may drop low in price at some point (like Akai Katana), they sometimes come way back up. Raiden Fighters Aces and Raiden IV are a few great examples; I bought these as low as $12.50, but both are way back up on Ebay (brand new sealed). No way to know about Under Defeat, but most people buy it to support he developers and enjoy the game. Maybe an extra copy or two for collectability doesn't hurt. ;)

And any of the DC shmups, kept their price or went way up, even 2nd tier stuff like Trizeal, Border Down is still fairly expensive (last time I checked) and some of the CPS2 shmups from Capcom go for crazy prices as well.

There is a strong shmup community in the US that buy pretty much anything and the main thing that stops casual buyers from getting on board is the prices at launch. (edit: just looked at the comments at the PS Blog and I was right on the money, biggest gripe right now is price, one guy even went as far as calling it a CASUAL game, rolf, wtf, it's so far from that it's not even funny, whadda idiot)

Speaking of which....

According to the PS Blog the MSRP has been reduced to $29.99.

MSRP is $30 but it was only announced a day or so ago. Give it a few days and New Egg and Amazon will adjust the price accordingly.

:lol:

Seems like my procrastination paid off, plus when they had the sale, I didn't have any money, so off to Amazon now to pre-order my copy at the price I was looking for. ;)
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#76 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

And any of the DC shmups, kept their price or went way up, even 2nd tier stuff like Trizeal, Border Down is still fairly expensive (last time I checked) and some of the CPS2 shmups from Capcom go for crazy prices as well.

There is a strong shmup community in the US that buy pretty much anything and the main thing that stops casual buyers from getting on board is the prices at launch. (edit: just looked at the comments at the PS Blog and I was right on the money, biggest gripe right now is price, one guy even went as far as calling it a CASUAL game, rolf, wtf, it's so far from that it's not even funny, whadda idiot)

Speaking of which....

:lol:

Seems like my procrastination paid off, plus when they had the sale, I didn't have any money, so off to Amazon now to pre-order my copy at the price I was looking for. ;)

$30 is a fantastic price for this game. Speaking of which, Newegg just lowered their price to 29.99 as well, will update OP. Looking forward to this highly rated shmup in N.A.! (Now where is the 360 version?!?! :cry:)

Newegg lowered price: http://www.newegg.co... defeat&x=0&y=0

#77 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

$30 is a fantastic price for this game. Speaking of which, Newegg just lowered their price to 29.99 as well, will update OP. Looking forward to this highly rated shmup in N.A.! (Now where is the 360 version?!?! :cry:)

Newegg lowered price: http://www.newegg.co... defeat&x=0&y=0

Anybody know if this means that Newegg will drop the price for previously made pre-orders? I pre-ordered it when it was $39.99.

#78 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

Anybody know if this means that Newegg will drop the price for previously made pre-orders? I pre-ordered it when it was $39.99.

Generally you need to cancel and reorder since NewEgg doesn't seem to automatically update their pricing on existing orders.

#79 keine

keine

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

I've been waiting for Newegg to adjust their price in order to avoid Amazon's taxation. :D

Thanks OP. In 4 one
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#80 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

As bojay1997 said, I think you need to cancel and preorder. See this link:

http://help.newegg.c...price guarantee

EDIT: LordVila stated that NewEgg WILL adjust your price according to their "Low Price Guarantee", so you should be OK. I think they should have clarified this in the FAQ about "price guarantee", its a little confusing.

Edited by chimpmeister, 20 October 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#81 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

I think there is a difference between a price match/price guarantee and a Low Price Guarantee. Taken from the Under Defeat page on Newegg:

Low Price Guarantee
Newegg will monitor your purchase for any price decreases and will honor the final Sales Order price of the item if it is lower than the price at pre-order. Newegg will not honor any other lower amount before that time.

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#82 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

Nice, I just now saw that the retail dropped for this.

#83 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

not much longer
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#84 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

FYI, I've looked around a bit, and it seems that Under Defeat HD (PS3) may be an Amazon exclusive. Even though I preordered a copy from Newegg, it never shipped, and it now shows "DISCONTINUED" on their website:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879797001

Gamestop does not carry this game, nor do Best Buy or WalMart. Amazon has plenty in stock, and I have one coming from there anyway. But if you ordered from Newegg, it doesn't look good.

Also, if only Amazon ever carries it, there is a possibility it will be a bit more rare. Not widely distributed, no brick & mortar, and we're not sure what quantity was printed.

My copy from Amazon is in transit, I expect it in the next day or two. Anyone who gets theirs, please post your impressions.

EDIT: XBox 360 version is out in EU, and its region-locked; won't play on N.A. 360s. :cry:

#85 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

FYI, I've looked around a bit, and it seems that Under Defeat HD (PS3) may be an Amazon exclusive. Even though I preordered a copy from Newegg, it never shipped, and it now shows "DISCONTINUED" on their website:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879797001

Gamestop does not carry this game, nor do Best Buy or WalMart. Amazon has plenty in stock, and I have one coming from there anyway. But if you ordered from Newegg, it doesn't look good.

Also, if only Amazon ever carries it, there is a possibility it will be a bit more rare. Not widely distributed, no brick & mortar, and we're not sure what quantity was printed.

My copy from Amazon is in transit, I expect it in the next day or two. Anyone who gets theirs, please post your impressions.

EDIT: XBox 360 version is out in EU, and its region-locked; won't play on N.A. 360s. :cry:

I got my copy from Amazon last week. I pushed it in front of the backlog since I've never played the series. I'm loving this game there are some slow downs in gameplay but I can look past them. Glad I picked up this series cause shoot em ups are one of my favorites.

Also looks like an easy platinum just requires 6 playthroughs with other trophies you will get from playing.

#86 refusedchaos

refusedchaos

will code for food

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Yea I am getting worried also that my Newegg preorders will never be fullfilled

Join Points2Shop and get ANYTHING you want from Amazon!!!! (i have gotten $77, 5 PS3 games and 3 anime boxset so far!!!!!)

#87 robodaddyo

robodaddyo

is not a scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

I got my copy from Amazon last week. I pushed it in front of the backlog since I've never played the series. I'm loving this game there are some slow downs in gameplay but I can look past them. Glad I picked up this series cause shoot em ups are one of my favorites.

Also looks like an easy platinum just requires 6 playthroughs with other trophies you will get from playing.

I also got mine, last week, and fired it up this morning and had a lot of fun with it. I'll be back on tonight to blow more stuff up. :bouncy:

I just looked and Deep Discount also have it for sale even though Yen Hau posted that it is exclusively available through Amazon. You can see the post, from the US PS Blog, here.

Edited by robodaddyo, 03 December 2012 - 06:15 AM.
Added link

"...I normally open every game I buy anymore...", "...since I ONLY usually...", "...because it's wasn't fun...", "Pretty much sure it does...", "Works always gets in...", "...I acually spelled the my user...", "this will help let more people see it as this more people see...", "You very probably won't...", "...wouldnt have good sales less often due to less competition."

Please, stop butchering the English language. These are horrible.

#88 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

Yea I am getting worried also that my Newegg preorders will never be fullfilled

They were cancelled awhile ago
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#89 refusedchaos

refusedchaos

will code for food

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

They were cancelled awhile ago

Really? Mine are both still there

Join Points2Shop and get ANYTHING you want from Amazon!!!! (i have gotten $77, 5 PS3 games and 3 anime boxset so far!!!!!)

#90 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

AMAZON EXCLUSIVE, all you Newegg people will be cancelled...

Spoiler

That said.....this game is awesome grab a Amazon or PSN DD copy and enjoy!