Gears of War 3 $17.99 @ Amazon (FSSS)

[quote name='gantt']If you missed the Best Buy deal you may want to check this out.
[/QUOTE]

What was the Best Buy deal? (How much was it?)

Thanks OP!

Why not get the saga for $22 more plus you get 2 more games that are worth $20 each. Also the case is fuckin sweet!

[quote name='JayRooster']Why not get the saga for $22 more plus you get 2 more games that are worth $20 each. Also the case is fuckin sweet![/QUOTE]
Gears of war 3 not god of war 3

[quote name='bruceg']I assume there will be a goty/complete edition so guess I'll wait for that..[/QUOTE]

god I hope so

I ordered Gears 3 from amazon in late July when they matched the BB deal. Amazon sent me a game with a case that was so badly cracked, there was a over 2" long piece falling off the bottom of the case. It was only being held in place by the shrink-wrap. After contacting amazon, they sent a replacement game in 2 days. ALSO CRACKED on the bottom side of the case.

After contacting customer service a second time they didn't want to bother sending me any more copies of the game, so they asked me to return both copies for a full refund. I instead asked for a partial refund for one of the games, and amazon credited 5 dollars back to my account.

The Amazon customer service rep also claimed they'd stop selling the game for a while and "investigate the situation". I don't know if they did so or not.

Hopefully you guys will have better luck with the cases.

For the record, Gears 3 has a LOT of content, even for 18 dollars. :)

DLC for Gears 3 was mostly multiplayer maps and skins right? From what I can tell, there was only one that added any campaign gameplay. Was debating waiting for GOTY but I never play online so it probably wouldn't be worth it for me if the above is true.

That's several recent deals on the game, maybe Gamefly'll let it fly for 10-12$ soon?

[quote name='donbaloo']DLC for Gears 3 was mostly multiplayer maps and skins right? From what I can tell, there was only one that added any campaign gameplay. Was debating waiting for GOTY but I never play online so it probably wouldn't be worth it for me if the above is true.

That's several recent deals on the game, maybe Gamefly'll let it fly for 10-12$ soon?[/QUOTE]

RAAM's Shadow is the only campaign add-on. It is actually a very good add-on tho! (It introduces old mechanics that have for some reason seemed to have died off in the latter Gears games.) Downside there is some contradiction between the campaign and the dlc, as you will come across. Also there are achievements which you will need to play online to get. (Like the Killing Cogs as a Mauler by reflecting bullets, which only the 3rd and 4th player are.)

All of the other DLC's add to the Multiplayer aspect. If you become a hard core Gears fanatic then there is Fenix Rising which let's you re-up (prestige) twice. (reminder, level cap is 100 before you can re-up). Each pack comes with some sort of multiplayer skin as well.

tl;dr Buy RAAM's Shadow at least.

bread's done
Back