Power Ranger Webseries - Check it out

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

My team recently put together a 2-minute teaser for a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger web series we are trying to get off the ground. We are going for a different approach than what most people know about the series.

Check it out and let me know what you guys think. If it gets a good response here, there is definitely more material and news coming.

If you enjoy that, like us at http://www.Facebook.com/MMPRfilm
And check out our website at http://www.MMPRfilm.com

#2 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

Gotta work on that Zedd voice. Otherwise, it looks okay. I'm certainly intrigued as a MMPR fan. What kind of Ranger suits are you using?

#3 rhymenoceros

rhymenoceros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

Yea, it's interesting and I'd keep an eye out for it. Just that Zedd voice needs a bit of work...at first I thought there was something wrong with my speaker's wiring.

#4 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

Grimdark power rangeers? Might be interesting. However I agree on the voice, I didn't realize someone was talking until halfway through, I thought it was just static or background noise.

#5 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:14 AM

Posted Image
MMPR

The Power Rangers have vanished. Lord Zedd, their greatest enemy, has been defeated. The world is saved. Tommy Oliver, no longer the White Ranger, is in exile; running…hiding…waiting…for evil to find him again.

The world has moved on. Now, 20 years later, Lord Zedd has returned - stronger, faster and nastier. Slowly regaining his powers and at the helm of a new army, he is looking for revenge against Tommy.

Haunted by his past and having given up on fighting for the world, Tommy is tracked down by Zedd and his minions. But with the help of a mysterious woman named Beth, they discover that Zedd is looking for more than revenge...much more.

Now, to stop the forces of evil, Tommy and Beth seek help in stopping Zedd : Cole, an underground street fighter looking to do battle with anyone and everyone, April and Dylan Apollo, twin sisters as different as night and day, seeking to protect the earth more than its people, and Collins, a police officer who’s no stranger to villains.

Together, Tommy and his new team are all that stands between Zedd and the end of the world. Will they triumph, or will Zedd finally destroy his greatest threat once and for all?

Reformed, repowered, the POWER RANGERS are back.

Edited by AA_Punk, 07 September 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#6 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

I'll subscribe to your youtubes and watch it when you finish. It looks really well shot.

#7 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

Is Jason David Frank on board? If not, he should be.

#8 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

Pretty sure that they don't have the budget for Jason David Frank if that's the voice they're using for Zedd.

#9 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

I'm sure they can scrape together his $20 appearance fee.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#10 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

We are in talks with Jason David Frank to get him to star in this.

If you like our film, check us out at facebook.com/MMPRfilm.

We also have a indiegogo page where people can donate to the film (indiegogo.com/MMPRfilm) however the page is a little dated and more info will be posted soon.

#11 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

I'm sure they can scrape together his $20 appearance fee.

He actually seems to charge a decent bit for shit from the stuff he posts on his facebook. It's kind of surprising to see what people will pay for.

#12 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

We also have a indiegogo page where people can donate to the film (indiegogo.com/MMPRfilm) however the page is a little dated and more info will be posted soon.

How do you plan on pulling this off with Saban still actively producing Power Rangers stuff? They'll eventually have to take action to protect their IP and copyrights.

#13 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

You could also try doing a kickstarter.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#14 TTGSteve

TTGSteve

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

That's what I'm wondering. I'd definitely think that Saban would have something to say.

#15 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

Looks interesting... MMPR was a pretty big part of my childhood, so a more modernized/dark take on it could be kinda cool. Also, the voice didn't bother me at all.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#16 AEJustin1

AEJustin1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

Looks awesome!

#17 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

Certainly has potential, but that was creepy.
Posted Image

#18 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

In a time shortly after I sprung for the MMPR dvd set, I have to say this does grab my attention. Oh nostalgia, my biggest enemy in my goals of saving money and time.

#19 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks for the comments and feedback. I appreciate it. We are trying to reach out to that crowd that grew up watching the show, but fell out of it as they got older and the cast started changing more frequently.

I was out in California a few weeks back for the 2012 Power Morphicon event (a comic-con type event for Power Ranger fans), where we showed the teaser to several fans, cast and crew members of the show. One of the producers loved it and screened it during his panel in front of 150+ people.

Here is a video with some of the reactions. Let me know what you guys think.

#20 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

Great job, I am really digging the dark tones and would love to watch a full complete movie/show/web series with this sinister concept.
Posted Image

#21 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

Dayaaaam, Walter Jones has aged well.

#22 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

I don't know if any of you guys have been paying attention to my campaign to getting my Power Ranger film made...

But my team will be making a BIG announcement at the end of this week regarding a VERY FAMILIAR name in the Power Rangers franchise being involved.

#23 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

We are very happy to announce that Ron Wasserman has agreed to compose the score for the film, MMPR!

Ron is a very talented musician and television composer, who not only worked on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers television series for ov...er 10+ years, but is also the man responsible for the theme song we all know and love, "Go Go Power Rangers!"

Ron is a big fan of the MMPR film and is a welcome addition to the team.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0913700/

#24 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Big MMPR fan, waiting for the first movie to hit Blu-ray...eventually. Color me interested.

EDIT: I'll donate if it moves to Kickstarter. Not a fan of Indiegogo.

Edited by SynGamer, 16 October 2012 - 12:19 AM.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#25 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

Really? Why is that?

#26 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

Interesting concept. I'm on board, and I didn't even watch the trailer (yet).

#27 catabarez

catabarez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

How is this coming?
Posted Image

#28 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

"If you are a fan of MMPR, stay tuned as we will be making *TWO* *MAJOR* ANNOUNCEMENTS NEXT WEEK! On Monday, we will make an announcement regarding our future plans for the film and then we will make a very special HALLOWEEN announcement on
Wednesday about A FORMER CAST MEMBER (and its not who you would expect!) joining the ranks of MMPR.

The last time we had a major announcement it was the inclusion of Ron Wasserman, so we don't dissapoint when we say we have something lined up. Next week - WE HAVE TWO!

Guys, we are getting the ball rolling now but we still need your help. We have only been able to raise just over $500 on our indiegogo campaign which ends in December. If you would like to see us make this film, we need all the support we can get and every dollar counts. If you can, take a look at the page below and donate.

http://www.indiegogo...show_todos=true"

that is our latest post from facebook.com/mmprfilm

#29 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Since you didn't answer before: How do you plan on pulling this off with Saban still actively producing Power Rangers stuff? They'll eventually have to take action to protect their IP and copyrights.

#30 GameDemonKing

GameDemonKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hmm