Power Ranger Webseries - Check it out

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

Since you didn't answer before: How do you plan on pulling this off with Saban still actively producing Power Rangers stuff? They'll eventually have to take action to protect their IP and copyrights.

It is non-profit, we aren't making anything off this.

#32 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

As I said before, I will donate once this moves to Kickstarter. Better exposure and I prefer to donate via their system.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#33 catabarez

catabarez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

What is the problem with indiegogo?
Posted Image

#34 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

For all of our fans of MMPR, we are happy to share with you all the news that we are currently entering Pre-Production for a special Prologue Episode! This episode will explain the story behind our Lord Zedd trailer and the world that MMPR takes place in, as well as introduce one of our RANGERS and will show them in action. We have major plans for this episode and have a few surprises in store.

Let's take this opportunity to hear from our fans. What would you like to see in this episode?

#35 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

It is non-profit, we aren't making anything off this.

You don't seem to understand IP laws then.

Profit or non-profit, it doesn't matter. They can still take action against you as they feel is necessary to protect their IP.

It just depends how big you appear on their radar and whether they want to do anything about it. Considering you're collecting money for this - I'd say that will put you on their radar sooner rather than later.

You might want to think of a contingency plan.

#36 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

You don't seem to understand IP laws then.

Profit or non-profit, it doesn't matter. They can still take action against you as they feel is necessary to protect their IP.

It just depends how big you appear on their radar and whether they want to do anything about it. Considering you're collecting money for this - I'd say that will put you on their radar sooner rather than later.

You might want to think of a contingency plan.

We have a few crew members who have some experience working on fan films. But yes, more than likely, if Saban doesn't want us to do this, they have ways of stopping us.

But right now, they haven't contacted us so we will continue forward as much as we can.

#37 Boutsisavath

Boutsisavath

I tell ya hwat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Will this take place after Mighty Morphin' and Dino Thunder or in between? I remember Tommy becomes the Black Ranger in Dino Thunder. Or does this take place in a retold universe?

#38 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Will this take place after Mighty Morphin' and Dino Thunder or in between? I remember Tommy becomes the Black Ranger in Dino Thunder. Or does this take place in a retold universe?

It will take place in its own universe, but after Mighty Morphin'.

#39 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

"We are very happy to announce that Robert Axelrod has agreed to provide voice work for our film, MMPR!

Robert is a very talented actor and well known voice actor, who has worked on countless television series, animes and video games. He is
also the original voice actor for Lord Zedd (amongst other characters) on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers television series!

Robert is a big fan of our MMPR trailer and we look forward to working with him."

facebook.com/MMPRfilm

#40 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

We are very happy to announce that Ron Wasserman has agreed to compose the score for the film, MMPR!

"We are very happy to announce that Robert Axelrod has agreed to provide voice work for our film, MMPR!

Alright, you have my interest. Like others, I'm curious how you're going to get this past Saban, but I'm interested to see how this works out. I've seen every episode of Power Rangers, and...I could really use something to get the taste of Samurai out of my mouth ;)

Semi-related: Ron Wasserman has released a Power Rangers Redux album, with updated versions of several of his tracks from Power Rangers -- I *highly* recommend it. Here's the Bandcamp link, also available on iTunes: http://ronwasserman....r-rangers-redux
Posted Image

#41 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

Hey guys, over the next two weeks we will be making some big announcements, including another former cast member who will be involved with MMPR!

Will probably make a post on the facebook tomorrow and post it here.

#42 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

"If you are a fan of MMPR, you are in for a real treat. Over the next two weeks, our team will be releasing a ton of new information and material regarding our project. We will also announce *CASTING NEWS AND INFORMATION* (something we are constantly asked about) and *ANOTHER FORMER CAST MEMBER* WHO WILL BE A PART OF MMPR! It is someone our fans have asked us about, so we reached out to them and they loved our work! With our announcements of Ron Wasserman and Robert Axelrod, I don’t think we have let our fans down yet when it comes to big names and major surprises!

We will kick this all off on Monday (11/12) by uploading a Behind-the-Scenes video from our teaser trailer shoot. You will be able to see firsthand the hard work that our cast and crew put in to bring to life our version of the evil Lord Zedd!

We are very excited to show you what we are capable of doing, but we do need your help. We have around 40 days left on our indiegogo campaign and we have raised a little over $600. Any donations, no matter how big or small, would go a long way in helping this film get made. The faster we raise the money for our Prologue Episode, the faster we can go and shoot it!"

http://www.indiegogo.com/MMPR - if you guys want to help out.

#43 cmb00

cmb00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

i thiink it looks great so far.

#44 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Told my friend about the project, he works with one of the former composer of the original Power Rangers series and movies.

#45 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Looks good, good luck.

#46 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

"The next two weeks will be big ones for the fans of MMPR! We will be announcing *a special contest* for all of our facebook fans,* casting/auditioning information* for our first episode and another *former cast member* who has signed on to ...work on the film!

To start it off, here is a special behind-the-scenes video of our Lord Zedd teaser trailer! Here you will be able to see exactly what went into bringing the Lord Zedd character back to life in this world and the hard work that our cast and crew went through to bring you our trailer. We are very proud of everybody who was involved with this and look forward to getting back on set to bring all of our fans our very first episode!"

facebook.com/MMPRfilm

#47 Decypher

Decypher

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Looks awesome, Power Rangers were a big part of my childhood, especially Lost Galaxy, that show was awesome. I hate to say it, but the new Power Rangers series suck big time compared to the older ones.

Anyway, good luck with your webseries, the teaser looks great. Something I can look forward too.

#48 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Got any parts for a mexican?

#49 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

"Our team is very happy to announce that David J. Fielding has agreed to provide voice work for our film, MMPR!

David is a very talented actor, voice actor and writer, who many Mighty Morphin Power Ranger fans know as the original voice of Zordon, the mentor to the Power Rangers.

We are very excited to be working with David as we move forward with our project!"

So we now have Ron Wasserman, Robert Axelrod (original voice for Lord Zedd) and David Fielding (original voice for Zordon) signed on to work on the film.

#50 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

We released the first draft of our Ranger costumes this morning. We are lookking for feedback to make changes for the next version.

Posted Image

#51 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I tried editing the size down, don't think it worked out too well. Sorry about that.

#52 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Looks good, kind of like if Snake Eyes from G.I.Joe had a lovechild with Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

#53 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

I like this: http://geektruth64.d...eboot-207463567. It's dark, defined, not spandex-y. Totally fits the atmosphere of the new attempt.

Posted Image

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#54 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Here is the first draft of the White Ranger -

Posted Image

#55 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

They look a little too much like motorcycle police I think.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#56 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

"Starting February 1st, we will begin releasing a ton of new material for our film including THE CAST OF MMPR (including all five of our new, original Rangers), ALL NEW COSTUME DESIGNS (based off the notes our fans gave us), a NEW and IMPROVED FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN, behind the scenes videos and photos, a Q&A with our fans, what our plans are for not only our first episode but other episodes, and A NEW VERSION OF OUR TEASER TRAILER THAT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN ASKING FOR!"

Also, we hit the 5,000 fan mark on our facebook page.

We are going in a new direction for an ad campaign this month and hope it catches on.

#57 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

I like this: http://geektruth64.d...eboot-207463567. It's dark, defined, not spandex-y. Totally fits the atmosphere of the new attempt.

I knew the way they were standing looked familiar, so I looked and yeah. He used the G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra poster as "inspiration" :lol:

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#58 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

whats up with the Crocodile Dundee knife

Im sorry but MMPR is getting old and lost its greatness...

Besides it was stolen from Japan Sentai series... If you want to enjoy real stuff watch that besides the water down stolen crap made by Saban

#59 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

whats up with the Crocodile Dundee knife

Im sorry but MMPR is getting old and lost its greatness...

Besides it was stolen from Japan Sentai series... If you want to enjoy real stuff watch that besides the water down stolen crap made by Saban

MMPR is still awesome as long as you watch the originals.

I admire what this is doing, but that concept art looks downright awful.

#60 ToxicTwistOfFate

ToxicTwistOfFate

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

That trailer was awesome I like the dark feeling you gave it. That concept art however is downright terrible. If your trying to draw in fans of the original rangers I would not go with that at all. You want something more like the originals that is going to catch the old fans attention and bring back that nostalgia. When I see those all I can think of is Snake Eyes from GI Joe.