Photo
- - - - -

Killzone Trilogy Oct 23rd $39.99 (Killzone HD Remake with Trophies)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

I wish they would have removable stickers for the part likes "5 FULL GAMES" so that the artwork would be only left after you open them. It is like Batman: GOTY stuff. Why the Fuck all the extra shit on a nice artwork.

Agreed. Just imagine how much better looking and how much more it would be worth displaying if all that advertising garbage was instead printed on a clear slipcover and the artwork was instead part of an independent inner package. I think it's a big mistake to go the "cheap crap" way instead of going for a more classier minimalist route. Yea, this is just a side discussion on box art, but small changes can make a huge difference in perception and value I think.

#32 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

I'm not an expert when it comes to currency exchange, but Europe is getting screwed.

They're probably also getting the superior version. The US version will almost certainly have half the content as vouchers instead of being on disc.

#33 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

I can just see it now. KZ 2 & 3 on disc...however the DLC will be a voucher ala the GOTY of Uncharted 2.

KZ 1 will be on a voucher as well.

If that's the case then I'll stick with my KZ discs and get KZ 1 eventually on PSN.

#34 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

Nice!!!! I never finished KZ1, and loved 2 and 3. Glad I sold them when they were worth something.

I'd loving these Collections they're releasing!!

Never finished the original either. I want to before playing the others so I'm definitely in!
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#35 ZincAlloy

ZincAlloy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

Loved KZ2 and 3. Sadly never played 1 so this is a day one buy for that alone.
I'm a CAG but I'm also a collector so having KZ1 on my shelf and on my trophy list is just too epic to pass up. Amazing fps for anyone that hasn't played it, unlike other shooters this one actually provokes emotion.

#36 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

The remaster of the first Killzone is nice and worth getting the collection when the price drops on it unless they decide to release it separately for download or something.

I gotta say though, and it's a small nitpick, but I'm really not a fan of how their new collection packaging looks.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I understand they're going for a more unified look, but I think they're damn ugly. Not as ugly as the green stripe on bargain PS1 games or red greatest hits all over PS3 games, but still...

Ugly? The packaging looks amazing. I seriously contemplated buying the Infamous one despite owning the games already bc of the cool new package. Those things are gorgeous
Posted Image

#37 Pojo

Pojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

These collections are great. Played every one of these games.

The Ratchet Collection is kind of weird, though. Not as comprehensive as it could be...but you have to draw the line somewhere, heh. Kind of weird that they went all out with God of War but not Ratchet.

Also, we need a Resistance collection!
Posted Image

#38 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

Ugly? The packaging looks amazing. I seriously contemplated buying the Infamous one despite owning the games already bc of the cool new package. Those things are gorgeous

I really like the new packaging as well. Definitely better than a lot of the other "Greatest Hits"-style cases I've seen over the years.

Anyway, glad to see another collection like this. I've never played any of the KZ series, but I'll pick this up when it hits $20 as well.

#39 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

Sweet! I can't wait for Killzone 1 HD to hit Playstation Plus. 8-)
Posted Image

#40 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

I actually think they're ugly as sin. Different strokes for different folks.

These collections are great. Played every one of these games.

The Ratchet Collection is kind of weird, though. Not as comprehensive as it could be...but you have to draw the line somewhere, heh. Kind of weird that they went all out with God of War but not Ratchet.

Also, we need a Resistance collection!

Well, at this point they've already got all 5 GOW games upscaled in HD and ready to go. For the Ratchet collection they had to put a ton of work into each game.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#41 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:01 AM

I too would love a Resistance collection if only to play R1 again for some trophies.

KneeKnee.png

#42 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:20 AM

I can't get past that one swamp level on KZ1 but I own a helghast head I got for 7$ off ebay

#43 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

That being said I might pick this up when it hits $19.99 or less.

will wait for $20 as well

Still it's MSRP and not a deal till it gets down to $20.

I'm with all of u will be getting this around BF since the wait will not be an issue.

#44 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

I gotta say though, and it's a small nitpick, but I'm really not a fan of how their new collection packaging looks.

Minus the PS Move "Swoop" I think they're pretty darn awesome...

I have no real day 1 interest in this set, yeah I would like to play the original but never finished the second, while I also found its MP to be rather... unimpressive (that and the Helghast are so easy to spot from distance because of their glowing eyes) and I never got the third... That said a few price drops and I could find myself interested.

That is as long as its three discs big. I do not want a digital only copy of the original Killzone.

#45 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

Well, at this point they've already got all 5 GOW games upscaled in HD and ready to go. For the Ratchet collection they had to put a ton of work into each game.

that makes no sense. Only 4 of the GoW games got remastered in HD bc GoW is a PS3 game. Not counting Deadlock'd which was more of a spinoff, the other Ratchet games are already PS3 games as well so there would be no extra work put into them. My bet is there will be a second collection for them a year after the upcoming Full Frontal Assault is launched, which puts the 4 PS3 games in one package
Posted Image

#46 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

I'm holding off on making any plans to pick this up until I hear whether KZ1 will be just upscaled or if it will actually have some serious graphical upgrades. I tried to play multiplayer with a friend a couple of years ago, but couldn't get past how blocky and unattractive it looked in comparison to KZ2 and KZ3 (yes, I know KZ1 was for PS2). I never managed to find time to check the singleplayer, but that screenshot on IGN looks pretty decent. Still, I'll wait to see some gameplay footage.

Also, any confirmation on whether it will be a 3-disk, 2-disk, or 1-disk collection?

#47 Guillermo_IGN

Guillermo_IGN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

I wouldn't buy 2 because of the online trophies are difficult.
I would get killzone 1.

#48 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

that makes no sense. Only 4 of the GoW games got remastered in HD bc GoW is a PS3 game. Not counting Deadlock'd which was more of a spinoff, the other Ratchet games are already PS3 games as well so there would be no extra work put into them. My bet is there will be a second collection for them a year after the upcoming Full Frontal Assault is launched, which puts the 4 PS3 games in one package

All 3 Ratchet games in this collection are the PS2 games that have never been on PS3. (Ratchet & Clank, Going Commando, and Up Your Arsenal)

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#49 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

All 3 Ratchet games in this collection are the PS2 games that have never been on PS3. (Ratchet & Clank, Going Commando, and Up Your Arsenal)

Um, I know that.
Posted Image

#50 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Um, I know that.

Then I have no idea what your point is...

The 5 games in the GoW Collection were 100% complete since Sept. 2011, all they had to do was slap them all together in one collection. All the work on them was all done.

The 3 Ratchet games had to have actual work done to be made available.

EDIT: After re-reading the entire conversation, I now understand. You were implying that they could have just thrown Crack in Time, Tools of Destruction, and Quest for Booty in the collection too, since they're already done. My apologies for misunderstanding what you meant in your first post.

#51 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

I wouldn't buy 2 because of the online trophies are difficult.
I would get killzone 1.

Actually, only a few of them are really tough. Specifically, the leaderboard-based ones (reaching top 10%, 5% and 1% of players in a week). Most of the remaining ones can be obtained by playing with bots in the Botzone on easy difficulty.

#52 blcklblskt

blcklblskt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Actually, only a few of them are really tough. Specifically, the leaderboard-based ones (reaching top 10%, 5% and 1% of players in a week). Most of the remaining ones can be obtained by playing with bots in the Botzone on easy difficulty.

The leaderboard trophies are definitely possible. It took dozens of hours, but they are possible. 8-)

I'm interested in this, if only for the awesome box art (minus that gold medallion on the left). I already have 2 and 3 (and all DLC for 2), so I think I'm going to pass unless I find it for less than $10.

#53 dallow

dallow

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

Great price.
I've only played 2, so I may think about this.

I really only want to play the original.

#54 Crippldogg

Crippldogg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Great price.
I've only played 2, so I may think about this.

I really only want to play the original.

They are going to release the KZ1 on the PSN store, so you could wait