NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 OuTrAgE

OuTrAgE

Senior Llama

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

Joining another forum is a bit overkill since we have this thread. Just use the OP for updates.

Will we be able to play any of the games if we want? Anyways send the invite, I tried searching for the league but couldnt find it

Not everybody is a member here, though. There's not enough people interested to just make it a CAG league, thus a dedicated forum is needed.

You will not be able to play any games, it's sim only. The league isn't up yet (and won't be created until we're full), so you won't be able to find it.
Posted Image

#32 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

The odds of everyone here signing up for that forum are pretty slim. What are our realistic chances of filling the entire league? It seems far fetched that anyone would want to go with CBJ or some of the other low level teams. Can you do CPU teams?

Also, we should do another one where we play the games too. Maybe like a 24 game season or something. Im sure we would only get ~10 ppl to sign up, but if we split evenly in divisions it should work out

#33 OuTrAgE

OuTrAgE

Senior Llama

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

I think having one place where everyone is for communication is crucial. This league is going to require some commitment. If you can't take a few minutes to join a new forum, I'm not sure if this league's right for you.

I think we'll fill the entire league. I have this posted at 3 separate websites, so it's getting a lot of exposure. We can have CPU controlled teams if necessary, but I don't think it will be.

Why is it far-fetched that somebody will want the Blue Jackets? The rosters will be randomized, so they won't be at any disadvantage. I'm sure there's plenty Blue Jacket fans out there.

There's plenty of leagues out there where you play the games, so you could join one of those if you want. Not sure if that' something I want to do.
Posted Image

#34 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

I'm in for the red wings.

#35 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

nevermind wings are taken and i'm going to sign up in the forum.
Posted Image

#36 SnorE

SnorE

ZzZzZzZzZzZz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

signed up over there took less then a minute :-/
Posted Image

#37 OuTrAgE

OuTrAgE

Senior Llama

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

Half the league is filled
Posted Image

#38 OuTrAgE

OuTrAgE

Senior Llama

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

signed up over there took less then a minute :-/

Just a heads up, I changed your username there to "Sharks". You'll need to use that when signing in.
Posted Image

#39 SnorE

SnorE

ZzZzZzZzZzZz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

alright that works for me...thanks
Posted Image

#40 triplehelix

triplehelix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

I signed up on the forum as the Ducks. hopefully I'll manage to check it every day.

I am personally in favor of the every other day simming, as that just allows for a bit more time for trades and what not. Maybe switching to once a day after the trade deadline or something, that way I think we can finish season and postseason in under a month.

How does the system handle injuries within the sim time (2 weeks being simmed that we can't touch our team) period? I had the "assistant coach" put Jason Blake (undersized forward with very low def ability) in for Luca Sbisa (top4 defenseman) during an injury in franchise mode :/

CGL: 2014
2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010 - 2009

#41 OuTrAgE

OuTrAgE

Senior Llama

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

I signed up on the forum as the Ducks. hopefully I'll manage to check it every day.

I am personally in favor of the every other day simming, as that just allows for a bit more time for trades and what not. Maybe switching to once a day after the trade deadline or something, that way I think we can finish season and postseason in under a month.

How does the system handle injuries within the sim time (2 weeks being simmed that we can't touch our team) period? I had the "assistant coach" put Jason Blake (undersized forward with very low def ability) in for Luca Sbisa (top4 defenseman) during an injury in franchise mode :/

Your simming idea is good, I'll definitely consider that.

I'm not exactly sure about injuries, but I'd guess it automatically plugs in guys for you. Probably not very smartly like you said. I don't think there's much we can do about that.
Posted Image

#42 rupprupp29

rupprupp29

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

I just checked the other forum and it looks like all teams are full, but if that's not the case or if anyone backs out, I would be interested. Thanks!

#43 OuTrAgE

OuTrAgE

Senior Llama

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

I just checked the other forum and it looks like all teams are full, but if that's not the case or if anyone backs out, I would be interested. Thanks!

Yeah, we just filled up. It's likely someone will end up dropping out at some point though, so I'll put you down as the first replacement.
Posted Image

#44 SnorE

SnorE

ZzZzZzZzZzZz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

what s the league name we search for?
Posted Image

#45 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!