Photo
- - - - -

Sons Of Anarchy Season 5

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#91 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

I didnt even notice jax told pope he could kill tig after they get clay. By the end of this season the only original guys are going to be left are Jax, chibs, and bobby. :X Unless somehow juice can find dirt on clay but it seems like he is going to end up dead with clay.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

2014 - Year of the Video Games - Currently Playing: Shadow of the Colossus HD - Playstation 3

#92 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Seems to me that Jax is becoming Pope Jr

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#93 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

The last 5 episodes piled up on my dvr and i decided to give it another chance... it managed to get worse. To me the show ended with Opie shooting Clay and Jax taking the gavel in season 4. After that, some depressing rich guy wanted to milk it and made a spinoff and called it season 5. He thinks it's cool for Clay to still alive for some bs reason. To make the sons look like a gang that rides bikes rather than a biker gang. To only give other members only get like 1 line per show. To piss me off and have Jax ask Chibbs if "he was with him 'bro'" Chibbs is SAMCRO you nance! He should take the gavel kick everyone out except Bobby and Happy(dude's not even a real character, he is the Lurch of SAMCRO).

Eh im just really disappointed with the way the show went. It has intense moments, but season 5 made a lot of characters unlikeable to me and overall makes the gang look weak.

#94 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

Someone on another site mentioned how Pope has a 5 million dollar bounty on anyone that kills him. They think Jax will set Pope up to be killed by Tig, then take care of Tig to get the 5 mil.

That's an interesting theory, and one I see that seems plausible with this season's Jax.

#95 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

Filthy Phil needs more screen time. Hell, half the crew needs more screen time.

#96 daphatty

daphatty

VTEC Bitches!

• Super Moderators

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

Finally got to see the latest episode. Jesus that scene with Otto was disturbing...

Posted Image

#97 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

We dont get enough Happy IMO.

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#98 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Happy is like T-Dog from Walking Dead, he's always around with no real lines. Which means the second you see him in an episode with more than 2 or 3 lines he's probably going to be offed by the hour's end.

I think a few problems have really plagued this season. To me the pacing seems off, this show's pacing has always been sort of slow to develop in the early episodes each year but we're in the double digits and it still seems that way. Certain plot point could've been done in a single episode (the thing with Otto) and others could've use some added background (Clay's new found sense of remorse and brotherhood seemed so quick it was like the Grinch discovering joy after Whoville starting singing...).

Also too many big bad villains this season I think. This season's there's at least 3 major ones (Pope, Clay/Nomads, Cartel/CIA, 4 if you include the largely unseen Feds still building a RICO case apparently).

#99 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

As much as I love to see Donal Logue on TV, don't we already have enough cans of gasoline being thrown on the fire?

538822.png

#100 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

As much as I love to see Donal Logue on TV, don't we already have enough cans of gasoline being thrown on the fire?

I agree.

The rumor that was started about him is thats John Teller....granted theres no official timeline etc but wouldnt Otto have recognized him? I couldnt find anything that says when Otto became a member and the "official" ruling was JT died '93....

Heroes.jpg

#101 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

The rumor that was started about him is thats John Teller....granted theres no official timeline etc but wouldnt Otto have recognized him? I couldnt find anything that says when Otto became a member and the "official" ruling was JT died '93....

The one I read (which seems a lot more plausible than it being JT) is that:

Spoiler

538822.png

#102 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

The one I read (which seems a lot more plausible than it being JT) is that:

Spoiler

Yeah, that's definitely what I'm thinking, and it was almost spelled out as that after he goes after Otto and Tara.

#103 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

Yeah i thought maybe he was the husband of the woman otto killed. Nice to see Jax pass off the guns/drugs to other gangs and get out of that. Only two episodes left, i hope they end the season good. If i remember right, the other seasons ended without a cliffhanger, so i hope this one is the same and doesnt leave us hanging.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

2014 - Year of the Video Games - Currently Playing: Shadow of the Colossus HD - Playstation 3

#104 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

Is Donal Logue playing a role that is yet another threat to the Club, what is that like number 4 or 5 this season??

Also the rumor about him playing John Teller was odd, my guess is he'd have to be at least in his 50s if they were to bring him into the series. (And let's hope they don't as IMO father's rising from the grave is soap opera like level of writing...). Interesting note, though I'm sure some are already aware, but the actress who played the nurse that was killed is Donal Logue's real life sister.

#105 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

Entertainment Weekly says he's a retired US marshal that was forced out because he was a "jack bauer" type.

Heroes.jpg

#106 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Maybe I'm the only one, but this season is growing into a Star Wars prequel-type feel with Pope as the Emporer and Jax as Anakin Skywalker. I think I've grown to even somewhat hate Jax's character or at least hate majority of his decisions this season. Any reasonable member of the MC has to be thinking his constant dealing with and now getting advice Pope is concerning. Also the fact that his personal business constantly gets in the way of Club business has to be troubling.

I think a part of me is hoping Lee Toric takes Jax out of the equation and then they just make Happy or maybe Chibs Club President.

#107 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

Jax is a bit of a bastard now...

Spoiler

You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#108 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

Although I wasn't a fan of what happened at the end of the episode I still don't dislike Jax and feel that he is making the right decisions for the club.

#1 reason is he is getting the club out of the drug game and cleaning up the mess that Clay created all while controlling his urge to kill Clay for the good of the club.

Like the end of last season, the last couple of episodes of this season has problems piling one after another (really, his ex decides to get involved at the worst possible time... again??).

He has to
Spoiler
in next episode. Hopefully Juice comes through (which is what I think Jax told him to do during that phone conversation). That stuff with Clay and his future plans is just a decoy by the director in my opinion.

My guess of what happens in the finale:

Spoiler

Edited by antlp89, 05 December 2012 - 08:11 AM.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#109 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Clay isn't going to die. The storyline opportunities of him running his own crew picking up the business the Sons don't want anymore is too intriguing. I almost feel like Tig and Juice might end up joining Clay and splintering the MC. Jax promised Tig to Pope anyway, so he's as good as dead. Jax already ousted Tig from a position of power, and let's not forget, Tig was the one who killed Donna when trying to kill Opie. Tig should be as good as dead to Jax. And Juice never delivered on the documents, which means Jax doesn't have much incentive not to bring Juice being a rat to the table. Juice should be as good as dead too. Clay could offer them safe harbor in his crew potentially. That way you don't have to kill off even more of the main cast.

Let's also not forget that the sheriff wants Clay, and he wants Clay alive to either kill himself or to bring him to justice. The sheriff's pursuit of Clay is another reason Clay will stay alive.

Also, with Jax passing off the guns and drugs (assuming that all goes down, eventually), the club isn't just going to be twiddling their thumbs with the "legitimate" ventures. Something with Charming Heights will blow back on them, supplying Nero's crew will blow back on them, this retired US Marshall is already blowing back on the club/Jax's family, and Clay's crew crossing paths and opposing the Sons is also great storyline fodder. The situation between Clay/Gemma/Nero still has to be resolved and I can easily see that happening in a showdown between Clay's new crew and Nero's crew somehow, with Clay killing Nero.

Clay should ultimately die at the hands of Jax, but that's too much of a feel good ending for a show that probably isn't going to end on a feel good note. I think Clay will die but it probably won't be a moment of triumph for Jax.

#110 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Ryan Hurst shaving his beard-

http://insidetv.ew.c...yan-hurst-opie/

Heroes.jpg

#111 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

Heroes.jpg

#112 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

Anyone not like that fat kid with curly hair? I seen him on an episode of big bang theory where he steals sheldons WOW items. He just doesnt look like a real part of the gang. I think he should die.

Anyway, cant wait for the next episode, i hope it ends good.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#113 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

Anyone not like that fat kid with curly hair? I seen him on an episode of big bang theory where he steals sheldons WOW items. He just doesnt look like a real part of the gang. I think he should die.

Anyway, cant wait for the next episode, i hope it ends good.

You mean Phillip "Filthy Phil" Rusell? He's awesome. I wish they expanded his character more, but I also like the allure of the mystery that this fat nerdy looking dude somehow was like the only prospect to patch into the club and we have really no idea who he is or why he's in an MC. All we know is he likes black women with big assets.

#114 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

You mean Phillip "Filthy Phil" Rusell? He's awesome. I wish they expanded his character more, but I also like the allure of the mystery that this fat nerdy looking dude somehow was like the only prospect to patch into the club and we have really no idea who he is or why he's in an MC. All we know is he likes black women with big assets.

I like it too. And I also like it when they put out little pieces for us to gather about his character, like how he likes cookies, and he's great with children.

Would love to see an episode centering around him. Since people are dropping like flies, and we have two more seasons (presumably) this is very possible.

#115 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

That was actually really sad even though it should be have been completely wacky by its concept. Great song selection.

#116 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

I dont see it as much of a mystery. One guy ran off, the other was killed...he was the only one of the three to survive the show. Wonder what went through Kurts mind to run with that.

That was actually really sad even though it should be have been completely wacky by its concept. Great song selection.

Thats what I thought. I was enjoying it until Ryan lost it...then I choked up a bit...then when Hunnam lost it, that was tough.

Heroes.jpg

#117 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

I had absolutely no idea that Opie's dad played Cletus Hogg on The Dukes of Hazzard. Now I see the resemblance.
Spoiler

This season is finishing up strong, even it feels like there's way too much going on. Also, Donal Logue is great. I knew he was pretty good in a comedic role, but I didn't know he could pull off serious stuff like he's doing now.

#118 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

I had absolutely no idea that Opie's dad played Cletus Hogg on The Dukes of Hazzard. Now I see the resemblance.

Spoiler

This season is finishing up strong, even it feels like there's way too much going on. Also, Donal Logue is great. I knew he was pretty good in a comedic role, but I didn't know he could pull off serious stuff like he's doing now.

I really liked starring him on FX's Terriers, and it was a mostly serious role. Shame the show did not get renewed after season 1. Interestingly Terriers also co-starred Rockmond Dunbar, the guy who plays Eli Roosevelt on Sons.

#119 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

I dont see it as much of a mystery. One guy ran off, the other was killed...he was the only one of the three to survive the show. Wonder what went through Kurts mind to run with that.

Just because he was the only prospect to survive doesn't mean he should have had an automatic in. If he wasn't a fit, he wasn't a fit and the club would have booted him. Their numbers may thin from time to time, but it doesn't seem like there's a shortage of people willing to join the MC. That aside, we still know next to nothing about him other than he's seemingly loyal and likes black chicks, hence the mystery. Maybe he has something awesome up his sleeve to offer in a future episode. It took many seasons for some of the club members to get fleshed out and have deeper characters. Shrek's time will come.

#120 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for the vid dude that was great. Sad but nice tribute.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013